Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Output Window Disappears

djbayko 3:10 PM - 29 December, 2007
I apologize if my problem has been answered elsewhere. I've done some searching, and tried some suggestions I found without any luck...

I am trying to use the Demo version. When I click the "Demo" button, a small square output window begins to open for about 1 second, disappears for a split second, reappears for another 1 second, and then finally disappears for good. Therefore, I am unable to get VIDEO-SL to work.

I've downloaded the latest driver for my soundcard (NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800). I've also tried closing and re-opening ScratchLive several times, rebooting my computer, and re-installing the demo.

I will upload a screenshot of the issue and the output of OpenGL Extenstions Viewer shortly.

Please help.

Thanks!
djbayko 3:22 PM - 29 December, 2007
Both files (OpenGL output & screenshot) have been uploaded to: www.scratchlive.net
djbayko 4:41 PM - 29 December, 2007
I just realized that the screenshot may not be very clear (or helpful). The screenshot is showing when the output window attempts to open momentarily. The end result is that the window closes, and the program is no longer visible in the Windows task bar. I didn't see any signifigance in showing a screenshot of this, since it is simply SSL open, with an empty video pane expanded.
nobspangle 10:10 AM - 31 December, 2007
Do you get a crash report in Dr. Watson?
Serato
Nathan H 11:10 PM - 2 January, 2008
The behaviour you describe is definitely a crash in the plugin. If you can a crash report would be great as then we can see specifically what is going wrong. The default location for these reports is: %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson

Thanks in advance,

N
djbayko 12:59 AM - 3 January, 2008
Nathan,

Thanks for looking into this. I've uploaded the crash report for you...there are definitely a few references to Serato in there.

Bayko
Serato
Nathan H 2:21 AM - 3 January, 2008
Hmm. Yes there are, but I can't see any references to Video-SL (should show up as 'ScratchVideoPlugin.exe'. I'll look into the ScratchLIVE crashes and see if they help...
djbayko 6:30 AM - 3 January, 2008
Hmmmm...maybe the crash file has refreshed since my Video-SL problems? I'll try to recreate the issue when I get back home tomorrow / Friday.
Serato
Nathan H 9:33 PM - 3 January, 2008
That would be excellent thanks... :-)