Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Joystick 'Down' Not Changing To Effect 2

gmoney1975 3:59 PM - 28 December, 2007
Anyone else have this issue? When assigned to Deck 1 (group 5), the joystick 'down' does not chang to the 2nd video effect. I confirmed the configuration when viwing the 'hardware' group 5 screen. Any ideas?
nobspangle 7:05 PM - 28 December, 2007
Does it work for either joystick?
What system are you using? Mac or PC? What graphics card?
gmoney1975 8:25 PM - 28 December, 2007
Does not work with left or right joystick. Macbook 2GHz, 2MB, OS 10.4.11 (i think...I don't have it with me). I think I can manually activate 2 effects (I think I had rotate and zoom out active at the same time), just not with the mixer. I'll have to check it out a bit more this afternoon when I get home.
gmoney1975 8:26 PM - 28 December, 2007
excuse me... 2GB RAM (not 2MB...that would suck)
nik39 10:47 PM - 28 December, 2007
Is your joystick in transform mode or in "control" mode? (control mode = LED lit)
gmoney1975 3:16 AM - 2 January, 2008
Yes nik, you are correct.... the joystick was in transform mode (LED not luminated). It does work when the LED is in control mode. However, the software (when viewing the group 5, hardware view) does not 'gray out' any of the joystick functions when in the transition mode (unlike when joystick is in transition mode in the other groups).
Anyway, thanks for your help nik.... I feel a bit foolish I didn't figure it out myself!
-g
nobspangle 11:36 AM - 2 January, 2008
Quote:
However, the software (when viewing the group 5, hardware view) does not 'gray out' any of the joystick functions when in the transition mode (unlike when joystick is in transition mode in the other groups).

That sounds like a bug I reckon it may need a 1.8.1 version of SSL to fix it, not just an update to VSL.
Serato
Nathan H 12:04 AM - 3 January, 2008
Thanks for bringing this to our attention :-)