Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Problems with Video Display - VISTA

JayDJ130 5:33 AM - 23 December, 2007
I just installed the Video plugin today on my HP DV6000 running Vista home edition, 1.73 core 2 duo, 2GB Ram. I've had it running fine on my iMac the last week or so.

The problem I'm having is with the plugin window and output window not displaying properly. The plugin window does not fully display. Most of the time it will show the left decks video screen and 2/3 of the master output screen, but that image flickers in and out, showing black when it's not displaying at all. If I click on the hardware window or other windows they display fine.

Also, since I don't have a 2nd monitor hooked up at this point I minimized the serato window to show the output screen and the plugin window still shows on top of everything else. The rest of the serato display is minimized, but the plugin window, still not displayed correctly, remains.

To top it off, the video does show and play on the output screen, but not correctly either. It shows the main video (letterboxed) and the bottom half of the image shows on the TOP of the output window.

Here is an image of my screen with serato miniized to show you what I'm talking about. Anyone else having similar issues??

i195.photobucket.com
QECRUSH 5:44 AM - 23 December, 2007
Quote:

To top it off, the video does show and play on the output screen, but not correctly either. It shows the main video (letterboxed) and the bottom half of the image shows on the TOP of the output window.

You have to RIP your DVD FILES with NO SCREEN ADAPTION. Turn off LETTERBOX option when ripping it.
JayDJ130 5:52 AM - 23 December, 2007
I haven't even had a chance to get into the video settings cause the window won't display correctly
JayDJ130 6:40 PM - 24 December, 2007
**bump**
Serato
Nathan H 5:08 AM - 27 December, 2007
That is certainly a weird problem. I've added it to the list. One question: are you using the 32bit or 64bit version of Vista?
JayDJ130 2:04 PM - 27 December, 2007
Thanks Nathan! IT's 32 bit. Home basic edition.
Serato
Nathan H 9:34 PM - 27 December, 2007
Thanks