Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Scratch transition video cut in point

Johnny 1 Move 1:14 PM - 21 December, 2007
Just had my first play with viedo and noticed that with the scratch fader transition the video cuts in noticeably after the audio.

It's possible to cut the sound and not effect the video
iKutZ 1:20 PM - 21 December, 2007
Its a small world. Didn't think you'd be getting into Video. Thought it would be just me and AJ doing the vid scratching stuff on the liverpool scene..
Johnny 1 Move 1:32 PM - 21 December, 2007
I'm not getting into video - just playing with Serato's newest offering :-)
Serato
Nathan H 10:44 AM - 23 December, 2007
The cut is at 5%. We can make it tighter but we found you have to be very exact...
Johnny 1 Move 4:32 PM - 23 December, 2007
Logically the sound and video should cut at the same point, to make sure that the video and sound always cut together. I can see for other effects different video and audio fader curves can make sense, but surely for the scratch fader transition they should be the same?

We're all used to using to scratching with the fader's current cut in so I can't see the problem having the video the same, "you have to be very exact" to scratch well anyway ;-)
Johnny 1 Move 4:32 PM - 23 December, 2007
Sorry - bit of a typo:

Logically the sound and video should cut at the same point, to make sure that the video and sound always cut together. I can see for other effects different video and audio fader curves can make sense, but surely for the scratch fader transition they should be the same?

We're all used to scratching with the fader's current cut in so I can't see the problem having the video the same, "you have to be very exact" to scratch well anyway ;-)
nik39 9:37 PM - 26 December, 2007
Quote:
Logically the sound and video should cut at the same point, to make sure that the video and sound always cut together.

+1.
iKutZ 11:49 AM - 27 December, 2007
Maybe recompile a new plugin and call it extreme scratch fader or somthing alike. I would prefer it to be a sharper cut.
Johnny 1 Move 11:51 AM - 27 December, 2007
I see any reason to keep the current version