Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

what do i need to wire video at the club

DJ AVENUE 12:55 AM - 21 December, 2007
what do i need?
2FAST4U 4:52 AM - 21 December, 2007
a budget
2FAST4U 5:02 AM - 21 December, 2007
serously. use bnc cable and a good video amplifier spliter. $200 for the splitter
DJ AVENUE 5:30 AM - 21 December, 2007
that's it. word. ok cool i can do that.
djdragon 7:32 AM - 21 December, 2007
If you want a quick guide on how to do video distribution check it out.

www.extron.com
nobspangle 8:42 AM - 21 December, 2007
If the club already has screens set up I would expect them to provide any amplifier/splitter that you need.

How you hook into their system will depend on your laptop and the input they have available. The most common is probably an S-Video input, this is available on most PC laptops it's a small mini din connector usually coloured yellow. It's also available on the Mac via an adaptor.
DJ Grandpa 9:06 AM - 21 December, 2007
If you have only plasma/lcd/projector at your club the best result is distrubuting VGA to all screens. We did VGA to all ours at the club I work using Extron splitters/amps.

If you do VGA then U can use all screens to other use like company conferens and so. If you do simple S-Video or composite (that is cheeper) then the picture is not "computer quality", it vill work for video (video is low res) but look bad if you do with ditaled stuff on screen like presentations and showing software.
DJ AVENUE 4:02 PM - 21 December, 2007
thank you very much... one of the clubs me and my buddy ruffnekk spin at is going to be shut down for a few weeks after new years and they are going to re do the whole place. I really hope they go video ready.. ruffnek is kind of overlooking the booth.
eder 9:09 PM - 21 December, 2007
what's good avenue? I met you a while back at off campus playa. I was sitting in with ruffnek for a minute. How've you been man?
DJ AVENUE 9:45 PM - 21 December, 2007
really good man. are you the wedding dj ?