Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Cannot adjust video quality

djoneswitch 12:48 PM - 20 December, 2007
Ever since i d/loaded SV Preview, never seen it work on my Gateway PC running Vista. 1 Gig RAM, 1.6 Ghz Core Duo.

The video output quality slider has been disabled. Its stuck in the middle
The options below the preview screens have been disabled(empty & bypass)
Graphics card restrictions (Shared Video memory)
Faders have been restricted

I also noted the virtual faders dont move as fast as hardwarer faders

I have done factroy resets to see if this will solve the problem, but no success
DJ Grandpa 2:24 PM - 20 December, 2007
It's proberly your videocard is't powerful enough for running SSL-video. I have a two mouth old Acer 2GHz Duo, WinXP, with shared video mem, that don't work with SSL-video.

My slightly older Acer 1.6 GHz Duo, WinXP, have a ATI Mobility Rdeon X1400, plays video but not smooth.

Last my brandnew (got it today) MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz Duo with Nvideo 8600GT works like a dream.
Serato
Nathan H 10:01 PM - 20 December, 2007
Unfortunately there are a few things the graphics card *must* be capable of for Video-SL to be able to run any effects. If those aren't there then we disable the quality slider and the effect slots as they don't mean anything. It should still be able to mix videos just not apply effects.

Quote:
I also noted the virtual faders dont move as fast as hardwarer faders

The GUI isn't updated as often as the output so there may be a noticeable lag on the position of the virtual fader on screen, but not necessarily the output. If you are finding that the faders aren't responsive enough in their effect on the output then that is a problem we can look at.
djoneswitch 4:24 AM - 21 December, 2007
Thanks Nathan
As much as I am getting white preview screens and a white output screen, the virtual faders dont move as fast as actual faders. This applies to the white output. The output responds close to .6 seconds later.

I notices this by puttin left fader down and right fader up. Left preview screen should be black, and right preview screen....i dont know. I am getting a white screen. Wit the fader in the middle, it looks gray.

With a scratch transition, soon as i slide the fader, the output lags behibd by about half a second. Perhaps its my CPU which clocks 1.6 Ghz which cannot keep up. I am running Vista Basic on a Gateway PC with 1 Gig RAM. Centrino Duo. I posted my graphics card report in a different thread.

The cooling fan becomes noticable audible. Task manager shows system is running at 100 %
Serato
Nathan H 5:26 AM - 21 December, 2007
Hmm. Ok. That is definitely an issue we need to look at, thanks,

N
nobspangle 8:48 AM - 21 December, 2007
Quote:
Perhaps its my CPU which clocks 1.6 Ghz which cannot keep up. I am running Vista Basic on a Gateway PC with 1 Gig RAM. Centrino Duo

I would say that in Vista you are maybe pushing it with only 1G of RAM.
lvmez 4:42 AM - 22 December, 2007
i have white screens with audio. faders are all moving fine. i need to rip videos correctly.
eye357 2:12 AM - 28 December, 2007
My white screens do all the effects great but still just audio no video. I upgraded and got 2 gigs of ram now. the videos are converted perfect. h264 mpg4 acc, what do i do now.....
marx 6:53 AM - 28 December, 2007
I like the way that it will determine what your system is capable of. So @ the very least you will be able to mix videos....u might not have effects but shit u can mix videos. A+ for whoever came up with that idea