Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Ripping DVDs Using Handbrake and iMovie??

Deejay Z 2:29 AM - 20 December, 2007
Im having problems ripping Promo Only's in Hand Brake....I finnally got the quality were it needs to be but when I import it Chapter by Chapter (Some two chapters) some songs come out fine and others come out with half working or sometimes just the first 30 or so seconds...Im wondering if I can rip the whole DVD to 1 MP4 File, then import it to iMovie and chop it up there?

Suggestions?
Dj Ace 7:03 AM - 20 December, 2007
Bump
Deejay Z 1:54 PM - 20 December, 2007
Thanks Ace...In the time being Ive been using Quick Time Pro to cut down the tracks that ripped with the beginning of the next song on it....
DJ Lil Vito 9:28 PM - 20 December, 2007
Deejay Z, make sure the songs you're referring to aren't taking up two chapters. Song songs like Gold Digger (Oct '05) take up two chapers (28,29).

If you're only ripping chapter 28 you'll only get a little bit of the video.
DJ Lil Vito 9:29 PM - 20 December, 2007
I just re-read your post and saw that you already knew that. Not sure what's causing your issues.
Deejay Z 9:42 PM - 20 December, 2007
All good Vito...So far so good, some of the videos have the beggining of the next song on it but i just trim it in Quicktime and Export it....Im still having problems when im playing the vidz in SLV....Every once in a while the video will skip/stutter...The audio continues fine....I think its because I have like 2Gb left on my HD....Im working on deleting now....
DJ Lil Vito 9:48 PM - 20 December, 2007
Quote:
All good Vito...So far so good, some of the videos have the beggining of the next song on it but i just trim it in Quicktime and Export it....Im still having problems when im playing the vidz in SLV....Every once in a while the video will skip/stutter...The audio continues fine....I think its because I have like 2Gb left on my HD....Im working on deleting now....

Yeah, this is definitely a learning experience. I just grabbed a 1 Terrabyte quad interface G-Tech drive so I can rip videos with Handbrake on my Windows box and store them on there and bring that drive to my new MacBook Pro plugging it in through the FireWire 800 port. I'm hoping that the external drive works with no hiccups. It's basically trial and error.
Deejay Z 10:35 PM - 20 December, 2007
Ya no kidding, just ordered a TB too
j_dim 3:01 AM - 26 December, 2007
im having this same problem with handbrake my videos get cut towards the end, handbrake has a hard time encoding the whole file, thus i stopped using it to rip my videos, im using visual hub but im not so happy with the quality of my vids compared to handbrake.
Deejay Z 3:10 AM - 26 December, 2007
just add an extra chapter after it and it won't cut the video short...