Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

FREE VIDEO for you to lay with

iKutZ 12:17 PM - 19 December, 2007
Just as its christmas I thought I would put up some videos to with on V-SL...

uploads.wewilldoo.com (h264 codec)
uploads.wewilldoo.com (flash video codec)

more to come
Petey Pete 12:52 PM - 19 December, 2007
Thanks iKutZ! This is a pretty tight break video to skratch with!
iKutZ 1:22 PM - 19 December, 2007
I have knocked up tons of these for my Live AV shows... I personally think its better to overlay appropriate VJ clips (especially if you make your own) over trakcs instead of being stuck with the whole minagery of urban hiphop vids.
nik39 2:28 PM - 19 December, 2007
Thats nice man :)
DJBIGWIZ 3:00 PM - 19 December, 2007
cool, thanks man. What program(s)do you use to make your clips with?
iKutZ 3:04 PM - 19 December, 2007
I use loads of different progs mainly adobe CS3 stuff After Effects & Premiere and fireworks and photoshop for image editting. I also use Vegas quite abit aswell.
marx 4:24 PM - 19 December, 2007
very nice. I'd like to see what else you got.
D-Twizzle 4:51 PM - 19 December, 2007
Nice! I have a couple of these I made, but with moving text and tv/movie clips.
I got one with Will Smith when he was the "Fresh" Prince, haha.
DJ Smooth B. 4:52 PM - 19 December, 2007
you're the man! thanks for sharing this!
DJ Lil Vito 5:11 PM - 19 December, 2007
Thanks!
iKutZ 9:43 PM - 19 December, 2007
This is a lil clip from my AV show to demo what I do live and gives an idea of what i do live.... This was a lil while back now so scratching is much imporved.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
iKutZ 9:44 PM - 19 December, 2007
DJ Sterling 12:51 AM - 23 December, 2007
Ikutz, thanks for sharing
dj-in-norway 1:37 AM - 23 December, 2007
Awesome clips... Not bad for "that other program" ;)

Damn you got it goin Kutz... amazin
Kenny Q 5:20 PM - 27 December, 2007
I'm impressed.
You must have a lot of time in your hands.

Thanks,
Kenny Q
djkraze 7:25 PM - 27 December, 2007
hey ikuts, i tried to download the first 2 vids you have posted.. i have a mac so the first one played in quicktime but wouldnt let me save to my hardrive and the 2nd didnt play at all because it says there is no application to open it.... can someone help me with this????
DJ Wreckrd 8:18 PM - 27 December, 2007
very cool, thanks for the vid
DJ BIGJOHNSTUD 3:52 AM - 28 December, 2007
its good to have a thread with some "public domain" videos to test things with. it seems like it would be worth knowing if your system will play properly encoded videos.

i have tested ikutz videos. they play fine in quicktime. but in serato only the audio plays.

im looking forward to a new fix or some sort of advice. i have centrino duo 1.66 and 2gb ram. toshiba p105-s6084
marx 6:29 AM - 28 December, 2007
so ikutz

did u pay superman royalties?!?!?

JK

I thought it was funny @ the moment
marx 6:38 AM - 28 December, 2007

that was nice!
marx 6:41 AM - 28 December, 2007
?

when the guy was in the room & scratching & the room was moving side to side behind him. I'm assuming that he was in front of a green screen & the room was shot without him & you or they took the room & shook it a bit. Is that right?

I know some people are reading this & is like WTF did Marx just say? But trust me from a camera shoot point of view it will make sense....even though I dunno the lingo.
DJ Mike B 9:35 AM - 28 December, 2007
werd, thanks homie
nobspangle 5:00 PM - 28 December, 2007
Quote:
?

when the guy was in the room & scratching & the room was moving side to side behind him. I'm assuming that he was in front of a green screen & the room was shot without him & you or they took the room & shook it a bit. Is that right?

I know some people are reading this & is like WTF did Marx just say? But trust me from a camera shoot point of view it will make sense....even though I dunno the lingo.

The guy scratching in the room is from the film Human Traffic
nobspangle 5:04 PM - 28 December, 2007
The clip from Human Traffic => Watchwww.youtube.com

Looks to me like it's filmed with a rotating DJ booth with the camera fixed to the booth. You can see the decks wobbling I don't think you would have that if it was filmed with a static green screen.
eye357 9:42 PM - 28 December, 2007
okay spike lee knock-off...lol