Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video Organization

cmcknite 5:00 AM - 19 December, 2007
What do you guys use to organize your videos? Artist/Album/Genre/BPM?
marx 5:37 AM - 19 December, 2007
i think the program needs to get right first b4 you go crazy. theres a couple things that aren't saving yet.

Best bet is just do:

artist - title

for now.
marx 5:37 AM - 19 December, 2007
although something might be going on with itunes that i don't know about yet
DJ Dan-E 6:30 AM - 19 December, 2007
The way I do my video files is in this format Artist - Title [BPM]

Works great, right now there is no tagging of video files. I have spoken with a few of the software companies, and this is something that is in the works. Alot of software right now will analyse it and put it in its own database. I just use the following format because you can sort/find artist title or BPM
cmcknite 8:20 AM - 19 December, 2007
The few videos that I put in my iTunes Library from Exclusive Grooves showed the BPMs when I imported my iTunes Library into SSL. Bad News...it also imported my video podcasts.(Not really but just wanted to let you know)
marx 8:36 AM - 19 December, 2007
vdj sorts them somehow. never had problems with tagging videos with them. but whats funny is people had problems tagging mp3's makes no sense & is totally backwards just like here.

h a
ha

can u sense the sarcasm?
djmelny 9:47 PM - 19 December, 2007
i bought some videos from itunes cant see it on the SLV...dont know why and also = I cant take it out from there.....
Deejay Z 9:49 PM - 19 December, 2007
When u buy vidz from iTunes, The video is unprotected but the audio is....which means it will not show up in SLV
nik39 10:18 PM - 26 December, 2007
I thought the video is protected as well?
Deejay Z 11:00 PM - 26 December, 2007
I think if you look at the breakdown its just the audio that is DRMed
Demon 9:51 PM - 31 December, 2007
Quote:
i bought some videos from itunes cant see it on the SLV...dont know why and also = I cant take it out from there.....
I think theres a format that you can buy from Itunes that will allow you to play on Serato.