Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video Track Question

cmcknite 9:44 PM - 18 December, 2007
Is there any way to select a default video track for standard mp3s, aacs, etc.

I need it for a couple of reasons.
A. I don't want to have to select a video track every time I select a song.
B. I promote Club events and work with other promoters. My idea is to make a promo style reel (video file) running between songs that I don't have videos for. (i.e. I will use Final Cut or iMovie to put together videos with flyers for the next event, pics and videos from other events and animated versions of my logo and others) My only other option besides this is to switch inputs on projectors or plasmas to a stand alone DVD player.
skinnyguy 11:43 PM - 18 December, 2007
i believe you just have to drag the video clip onto both decks...or was it screens? i think it's screens...not shift+left/right, drag onto the left or right monitor.
cmcknite 3:26 AM - 19 December, 2007
This doesn't help musch because I have to reload the video tracks everytime I select a video to play on either side. I want it to default to a certain video or group of videos when I am playing mp3s.
DJ Lil Vito 3:32 AM - 19 December, 2007
Quote:
This doesn't help musch because I have to reload the video tracks everytime I select a video to play on either side. I want it to default to a certain video or group of videos when I am playing mp3s.

Is this at a nightclub? My club has a dedicated video jock that runs ambients, the switchers, etc - he's in the booth with me. What I do is burn my ambients (promos, logo shot, etc) to DVD and hand it to him to run on the screens.

I understand where you're coming from. But this is a performance video program, not intended for running amibent visuals.
DJ Lil Vito 3:37 AM - 19 December, 2007
Not to sound preachy but we, as DJ's have to present ourselves as being talents, not slaves. Know your worth - don't promise people things you can't deliver on!
cmcknite 4:30 AM - 19 December, 2007
Not trying to be a slave... Just trying to promote myself and my events better. Easier when its semi automatic.
gmoney1975 5:59 AM - 19 December, 2007
I agree.....auto 'Ambient' video (like set up a ambient playlist) would be nice for tracks without video (or tracks you haven't assigned video to). This is available in MEGASEG and works well. You can set up a 'playlist' and it will move through each photo or video while tracks without video are playing.
cmcknite 8:22 AM - 19 December, 2007
Just practicing again for a few hours and I do get tired of constantly having to set a video track with the audio tracks. Every time I que a mp3 I have to que a video track. So now its double the work. Can you add an option to lock the video track unless a VIDEO is qued?
DJ Lil Vito 5:04 PM - 19 December, 2007
Quote:
Can you add an option to lock the video track unless a VIDEO is qued?

This is a good idea for a feature.

+1
nobspangle 8:31 PM - 19 December, 2007
I'd also like this. It's possible to load a video without affecting the audio but not the other way round.
DJBIGWIZ 8:47 PM - 19 December, 2007
+1
Serato
Nathan H 9:56 PM - 19 December, 2007
An interesting idea.

Also, just to make sure you know about it: Once you have cued a video track over an audio track for the first time you can click 'set video track' in ScratchLIVE and then every time that audio track is loaded the video is loaded as well.

This at least makes it more of a preparation process than something you'll have to do live...