Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

macbook integrated video card

nickillous 12:12 AM - 18 December, 2007
I have a first generation black macbook 2.0ghz, 2g ram. Anyone else out there with a macbook that could let me know what effects the integrated video card can handle?
nd 2:24 PM - 18 December, 2007
I'm not sure of the exact answer to "what effects the integrated video card can handle?" but I will say the video plugin is working sweet on my Macbook! The transitions are all awesome! I have the original MB Dual 1.83ghz with 2gb ram.

_
nickillous 10:07 PM - 18 December, 2007
i thought i read somewhere on this forum that if a video card couldn't handle a transition it wouldn't be listed. do you get the full list of transitions with your macbook?
Serato
Josh 10:42 PM - 18 December, 2007
that's right, have you installed the demo nickillous?
nickillous 11:11 PM - 19 December, 2007
i just installed it Josh. looks like the macbook card can only handle: rotate, zoom, tile, zoom/tile and false color. damn.... new question though and i'm not sure if this has been asked already but... is there any way to have the effects saved? everytime i start video-sl it shows the slots as empty. also when i switch to a window away from scratch live and go back (like i'm doing to write this response) the video section is blank. i have to select a different section (like hardware) and then select video again for all the controls to show up.
Serato
Nathan H 2:48 AM - 20 December, 2007
There should be a lot more effects than that for the Macbook, at least under OS X (I notice from your profile that you dual boot)

Unfortunately there is no way to save the effects yet although it is something being looked at.

The switching away and back again thing is also a bug methinks, although I haven't seen it happen before..
nickillous 4:08 AM - 21 December, 2007
well i am running it in osx but i have the first generation macbook and i believe the latest models have an improved integrated video card. that can be the cause for the difference in effects listed that you and i see.
Serato
Nathan H 5:23 AM - 21 December, 2007
Hmm. Interesting, I thought they still supported more. If you have the time I'd be most grateful if you could upload the info on your graphics card following the instructions here: www.scratchlive.net and upload it (www.scratchlive.net). Then I'll be able to tell you if it is the card or not...

Thanks,

N
gmoney1975 11:47 PM - 21 December, 2007
Nathan, I also have the issue (no 'grayed out' transitions....only transitions that are 'available????). I have transferred the viewer file to the ftp site. Macbook, 2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM.
nickillous 6:17 PM - 22 December, 2007
Nathan, I just uploaded my video card info