Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Unable to save Cue points on Videos

djoneswitch 3:45 PM - 17 December, 2007
After trials with video plug in, everytime i make adjustments to try and make it work, i save cue points in the 5 or so vidz i am testing it with. The cue points are not being saved. I have to re-set cue points every time i start SV Preview. However,audio tracks store the cue points. Could it be my file types dont support adding information to them. Hence i cant change the ID3 tags?

I used Super to conver VOB & AVI to mp4. h.264 codec approx 1400 Kbps/aac 128 kbps. No change to aspect ratio from original file.

Videos play on quicktime.

I tried installing SV preview & quicktime with "Run as administrator". Still no change.
D-Twizzle 6:20 PM - 17 December, 2007
I have confirmed this issue with my MP4s too. I tried setting cues on both XP and Vista. My mp4s are made from Sony Vegas. They audio/video play fine in the program, but after closing the program, none of the cue points are there. It actually looks like it has to rebuild the overviews too.
nobspangle 6:58 PM - 17 December, 2007
You should upload some small vids to Serato so they can take a look.
Serato
James 9:07 PM - 17 December, 2007
Are your videos on an internal or external drive?
D-Twizzle 9:10 PM - 17 December, 2007
internal hard drive.
i just finished uploading one of the videos.
djoneswitch 10:30 PM - 17 December, 2007
2 videos are internal 3 are on hard drive
djoneswitch 10:31 PM - 17 December, 2007
I mean 2 are on my laptop's internal hard drive, 3 vidz are on external Western Digital hard drive root folder
D-Twizzle 5:12 AM - 18 December, 2007
Quote:
Are your videos on an internal or external drive?

I should clarify that I have 2 internal hard drives in my laptop. The 2nd drive is dedicated to music and videos and that's where the videos were. I copied a few of the same videos to my system drive and I was able to save my overviews and cue points with those videos. I need to have these videos on the 2nd (media) drive instead of the system drive or else I'd run out of space quick!
Serato
JonathanC 8:56 PM - 18 December, 2007
This is a known issue and a fix is being looked at.
D-Twizzle 9:47 PM - 18 December, 2007
THANK YOU!!!
FDW 11:46 PM - 18 December, 2007
Also the Auto-Gain ist not saved.
gmoney1975 8:47 PM - 20 December, 2007
Just wanted to make sure.... because I am had a similar issue last night when I plugged back in my external hard drive.... Not only are cue points gone, but overview is gone (no overview, no bpm, etc...). Is this the same issue?
DJ Lil Vito 9:07 PM - 20 December, 2007
Quote:
Just wanted to make sure.... because I am had a similar issue last night when I plugged back in my external hard drive.... Not only are cue points gone, but overview is gone (no overview, no bpm, etc...). Is this the same issue?

What video format are you using? My .mov videos won't save cue points, overviews, etc. All of my .mp4 files ripped using Serato's Handbrake settings save fine.
Serato
Nathan H 10:06 PM - 20 December, 2007
Video file formats were not designed like audio ones so the range of metadata that they can store is severely limited. So we have to use our own system which will have the same result regardless of what the type of the video files used are, and it appears there is a bug in there ;-)

N
D-Twizzle 8:41 PM - 27 December, 2007
Hopefully we can get a fix soon, I need to build all my overviews and set cue points to a ton of videos.
DJ Sterling 5:50 AM - 28 December, 2007
amen, thanks for getting on that Nathan......great call D-Twizzle