Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video Effects on audio Tracks

Oaktreez 11:37 AM - 17 December, 2007
Video is great, but can anyone say whether we can still get some form of visual grapic when playing an audio track. I play caribbean music and most of the music wouldn't have a music video "yet"....But can we still get a graphic display which works with the beat or at least the turntable movements? Thanks
djoneswitch 2:18 PM - 17 December, 2007
You can take an effect, hologram, or any video and drop it on "set video track" right below the virtual deeck and that creates an association of that audio. So next time you play that audio, whatever video you dropped on there will play simultaneously. Do that to your latin songs

My guess is save your scratchlive folder frequently. If you loose it, you loose that association too.

Anyone verify this please?
Serato
Nathan H 9:03 PM - 17 December, 2007
The association is stored in the tags for the audio file. So don't move things around too much :-).

However, if you loose the ScratchLIVE folder then you will loose video metadata which is something to remember...
Oaktreez 2:47 AM - 18 December, 2007
So, if I were to take a jpg and drop it on a virtual Deck would I get the same movement of the virutal deck on Screen? Let me break it down, say I take my logo and put it on Deck 1 when I am scratching...will the same effects that I see of the deck mimiking my movements happen with the jpg?
nobspangle 8:13 AM - 18 December, 2007
What movements do you expect to see on a jpeg, it's a static image.
Oaktreez 9:42 AM - 18 December, 2007
How do I get an image/graphic to appear with an animation/movement which could preferably mirror the movements of my turntable?
Serato
Nathan H 8:57 PM - 18 December, 2007
Quote:
How do I get an image/graphic to appear with an animation/movement which could preferably mirror the movements of my turntable?

This is possibly a good effect for the future :-)
Oaktreez 10:18 PM - 18 December, 2007
I think this should be a strong consideration for Serato, as with laymans thinking it seems preety straight forward to allow users to drag and drop a jpeg untop of the virtual table. So when transitioning from a music video to say a normal MP3 audio file there wont be a blank screen. At least a spining logo would look interesting as it mirrors what the dj would be doing on the records.

I hope the "powers that be" are reading this, cause remember a lot of music comes out and sometimes remains without music videos. Please, please cater for this. It then affords a DJ a lot of options...Advertising....etc etc.

If this becames a reality, it would be great to call it something with OaktreeZ...lol
djmelny 6:55 PM - 20 December, 2007
ussualy i have a dvd or image save in the desktop and just drag the over the second screen and let that image play and drag SVL out from the second screen and minimize..
Oaktreez 6:45 AM - 22 December, 2007
well I havn't used the video feature yet...still waiting on a source to convert Caribbean Music Videos to Mpeg4 format, so I havn't developed a technique or style yet. I just know that I saw a video with 2nd Nature...and he explained to me in a forum that he created his own graphic which looked like the Pioneer CDJ table tops...but the cool thing was "it seemed" to mirror his movements on the CDJ Platters. Hence my suggestion, to have a default image which could be used with audio files....so when the video mixing is done...its not just blank.