Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

video repeats by itself

D-Twizzle 7:11 AM - 17 December, 2007
when i let a video play all the way through to the end, the video will automatically replay from the beginning, but there's no audio when it replays.
DjKboogie 7:14 AM - 17 December, 2007
i noticed the same thing
Chita79 8:35 AM - 17 December, 2007
ditto =P
djtubbs 8:59 AM - 17 December, 2007
same problem here too.
Deejay Z 3:14 PM - 17 December, 2007
I think its a feature, I kind of like the idea.....
D-Twizzle 4:28 PM - 17 December, 2007
well, it could be a feature if the program took video loops that would play when you play just regular mp3s without video.
a-swift 5:35 PM - 17 December, 2007
doesn't sound like a feature to me. sounds like a bug.
marx 5:45 PM - 17 December, 2007
but maybe that bug code can be taken to create a feature :"
Serato
Nathan H 11:07 PM - 17 December, 2007
This was the intended behaviour.

There are two big questions which this answers. The first is 'what to do when an associated video is not as long as the audio' and we decided it should repeat while the song is loaded. The second is 'what to do if the audio runs out and the screen would go black' (which can be bad), so the video repeats until another track is loaded.

We tried most combinations we could think of and ended up with: if before time 0.0 display first frame, if anytime after be playing video.

If you think there is a better way to do this let us know and we'll take it as a feature suggestion ;-)
a-swift 12:44 AM - 18 December, 2007
Quote:
This was the intended behaviour.

There are two big questions which this answers. The first is 'what to do when an associated video is not as long as the audio' and we decided it should repeat while the song is loaded. The second is 'what to do if the audio runs out and the screen would go black' (which can be bad), so the video repeats until another track is loaded.

We tried most combinations we could think of and ended up with: if before time 0.0 display first frame, if anytime after be playing video.

If you think there is a better way to do this let us know and we'll take it as a feature suggestion ;-)

I see your logic working. Especially the part about screens going black. I need you guys looking out for me on that. Thanks for thinking ahead.
DJBIGWIZ 2:26 AM - 19 December, 2007
I like the way it works.
Good thinking.
skinnyguy 8:06 PM - 19 December, 2007
how about option to automatically load a generic/ambient vid clip?