Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

MBP....anyone overclocked the videocard yet?

marx 1:52 AM - 17 December, 2007
i've read that mac underclocked the videocards to reduce heat. So if were to bring it back up to where its suppose to be "according to the manufacturer"

Your mac would run hotter but i know i run my fans high all the time. mainly because i do video editing daily.

just wondering if anyones got any input or has tried this. Most the people that do this are gamers...which well are in the same boat we are in.
Serato, Support
Matt G 5:07 AM - 17 December, 2007
I've tried overclocking the GPU on my iMac and have had some success, but trying to clock it back up to what are supposedly the standard specs for that GPU caused crashes. I'm guessing that means they've been putting chips in that haven't necessarily passed the tests at higher GHz. A lot of CPUs and GPUs are thrown out because they don't make it through testing. If the requirements are lower then more can make it through and be sold at cheaper prices.

I haven't tried with my MacBook Pro at all... But would be interested to hear how anyone gets on. Would prefer someone else to blow up their laptop rather than me ;)
marx 5:08 AM - 17 December, 2007
wow. that makes sense though...kin of like shopping @ tj maxx ha
djsteel 11:04 AM - 17 December, 2007
Let me know!