Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Video Output 2nd screen

Dub T 12:07 AM - 17 December, 2007
New to the video. How would you go from a laptop, to the screens at a club or even a tv at home. What would you need? Any feedback? Sorta confused
DJ 3pm 12:29 AM - 17 December, 2007
your laptop needs to support a dual monitor set-up, something like a s-video or composite (yellow rca) video out. you might have a vga out that you could use too.
Dub T 12:51 AM - 17 December, 2007
so it's not possible with a macbook?
Serato
Josh 1:16 AM - 17 December, 2007
check out this page at apple.com docs.info.apple.com

the port you're interested in is the mini-DVI port.

I'm sure there will be mention of setting up secondary displays in your macbook's manual also.
djinthegroove 12:15 AM - 19 December, 2007
Hello. New to Serato in general here but want to ask if an HDMI output will suffice for the video output on a PC notebook I'm looking at. Will the HDMI output basicly do the same for me as the mini DVI output that I see on the Macbooks? All the research I have done has lead me to believe that HDMI and DVI do exactly the same thing accept that HDMI carries audio where DVI only carries video. Thanks for the help on this subject as I need to look ahead and get the right notebook.
Serato
Josh 1:59 AM - 19 December, 2007
HDMI should work fine, although the audio will still come from your TTM 57SL rather than via the laptop output.
djinthegroove 3:28 AM - 19 December, 2007
Thanks. I held off on the RANE mixer only because I would like to see what the system will be like if they release another version where I can use any mixer I want.