Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

ID3 Tag Issue on Vista

djoneswitch 2:27 PM - 15 December, 2007
Gateway Running VIsta. 1.6 Ghz, ! Gig RAM. SVS Plug in

When video is converted, it comes out with default filename.(videofilename.extenstion.newextensionname)
In Scratch live library, if I try to edit the song from that default to something i can remember, then TAB over to re-name the artist, the song name reverts back to the actual file name, instead of the new name i have given it.

If i reselect the song (to edit the ID3 tags within Scratch live library) then the artist name reverts back to previous tags.

Same applies to Toshiba running Win XP SP 2, 1.8 Ghz, 1 Gig RAM.
ID3 Tags are not holding
jbunks 4:49 PM - 15 December, 2007
Is there any ID3 tagging software available for vids? I use ID3 TAGGIT for MP3's. I don't know what editable properties videos have.
marx 8:06 PM - 15 December, 2007
hmmmm what format are you using? whats the extension?

I'm able to tag mp4 with no problems.
djoneswitch 1:07 AM - 16 December, 2007
The video formats are avi coded in h.264. Used Super
Tried Handbrake with default settings for mp4, still cannot edit more than two fields.

I can edit one field(say... song), if i TAB to the next field and edit it (say....artist) the song field reverts to previous title. If i re-edit song field, the artist field reverts to previous name.

And i am gettin white screens like everybody else....well most of everybody. I am gettin audio though
marx 1:34 AM - 16 December, 2007
have you tried a true mp4?

have you tried renaming the avi h.264 to mp4?

i can write in albulm song title np
nik39 2:33 AM - 16 December, 2007
Why would renaming the extension make any difference, marx?
marx 2:37 AM - 16 December, 2007
sometimes the program "not saying this one" will look @ the file differently & treat it as such. Just something i try from time to time. Kind od like some things won't play a vob.....but if u rename it to mpg it will. When in reality its the same file.
nik39 2:40 AM - 16 December, 2007
I'd expect SSL to at least check the headers of those files.
marx 3:03 AM - 16 December, 2007
you would think so. doesn't hurt to try
nobspangle 1:11 PM - 16 December, 2007
vob is very similar to mpg, avi and mp4 are totally different.

There's a bit of uncertainty as to whether Serato are supporting avi files, I would use mp4 or mov instead.
marx 3:14 PM - 16 December, 2007
acually avi is mainly a container. so in reality u could "put" a mp4 in a avi
nobspangle 4:53 PM - 16 December, 2007
avi and mp4 are both containers. You can't put an mp4 in an avi, you could put mpeg-4 video into an avi file.
nik39 6:30 PM - 16 December, 2007
Schooled.
marx 6:33 PM - 16 December, 2007
of course not THE mp4...but the properties that it contains
eye357 3:24 PM - 30 December, 2007
Where is the update for vsl. Come on Serato. lol i'm getting tired of these white screens
Petey Pete 12:16 PM - 1 January, 2008
@ eye357
Tell me about it! I have the same white screen bug too using Vista. It's already the new year and still no joy lol!