Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ITCH 2.2 & Serato Video 1.0 now in Public Beta

Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:00 AM - 28 February, 2012
Hi everyone,

ITCH 2.2 & Serato Video 1.0 are now in public beta. If you'd like to try out these versions, please visit the beta areas:

ITCH 2.2 > serato.com

Serato Video 1.0 > serato.com

Please ensure you post all feedback in these beta areas.

Enjoy!
m3xic4ndiy3i 5:43 AM - 28 February, 2012
eaaa!
Hitman303 7:25 AM - 28 February, 2012
yeah buddy!
Dj Ace 7:45 AM - 28 February, 2012
great job guys!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:12 AM - 28 February, 2012
Hey DjSyndic8,

If you're on Mac we recommend Perian (perian.org), and if you're on PC we recommend FFDShow (www.free-codecs.com) and Haali Media Splitter (haali.su).
go-dj-xl 5:10 PM - 28 February, 2012
one question do i have to install itch 2.2 for video ?
breakermixer 5:15 PM - 28 February, 2012
Yes.
go-dj-xl 5:19 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:
Yes.

thanks for the quick reply
dj-freestyle 5:43 PM - 28 February, 2012
What do i need to do in scratch live to get rid of old video and just use the same video itch uses. I opened scratch live and video sl opened.
dj-freestyle 5:47 PM - 28 February, 2012
got it. need to update scratch live to, not just itch. da.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:24 PM - 28 February, 2012
Yup, you'll need to upgrade to Scratch Live 2.4.1 and ITCH 2.2 to run Serato Video 1.0 :D
Dj rick A 8:59 PM - 28 February, 2012
K i have itch 2.2 but win i go and open it it looks just like previous itch, how do i get the video to start... i loaded a mp4 video to deck a and b but i only see audio.

i did download scratch live 2.4.1 and thats unto date also
longshot 9:06 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:
K i have itch 2.2 but win i go and open it it looks just like previous itch, how do i get the video to start... i loaded a mp4 video to deck a and b but i only see audio.

i did download scratch live 2.4.1 and thats unto date also

You have to download and install serato video as well since it is a plugin.
Quote:

Serato Video 1.0 > serato.com

Enjoy!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:08 PM - 28 February, 2012
Dj rick A, have you installed Serato Video 1.0? > serato.com
Dj Ricky Redz 11:27 PM - 28 February, 2012
Quote:
If you're on Mac we recommend Perian (perian.org).

@Micheal R, does this mean that SV will support playback of .mkv files?
Dj rick A 1:59 AM - 29 February, 2012
k it woks great thnx
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:13 AM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
does this mean that SV will support playback of .mkv files?

No it doesn't sorry.
Ricky Loiben 5:49 AM - 29 February, 2012
Can you utilize a separate Midi controller (plugged into your macbook) for video and audio effects? I have a bunch of stored options on my Akai LPD8, but when I plugged it in, Itch didn't recognize the Midi controller [while the NS6 was also plugged in]?

I would love to change video effects without having to use the mousepad, and the Akai has been great for that.
StuR 9:20 AM - 29 February, 2012
I am concerned that after looking into this Beta and downloading and installing Itch 2.2 & Video 1.0, it wasn't until activating the Plugin that I was told it doesn't support the Intel Graphics card,

Baring in mind that a lot of the new MacBook's use the Intel HD 3000 as do a lot of the i5 powered laptops, are there any plans to rectify this in the full release?
phatbob 10:30 AM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
Can you utilize a separate Midi controller (plugged into your macbook) for video and audio effects? I have a bunch of stored options on my Akai LPD8, but when I plugged it in, Itch didn't recognize the Midi controller [while the NS6 was also plugged in]?

I would love to change video effects without having to use the mousepad, and the Akai has been great for that.

No external midi control, sorry.
phatbob 10:34 AM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
I am concerned that after looking into this Beta and downloading and installing Itch 2.2 & Video 1.0, it wasn't until activating the Plugin that I was told it doesn't support the Intel Graphics card,

Baring in mind that a lot of the new MacBook's use the Intel HD 3000 as do a lot of the i5 powered laptops, are there any plans to rectify this in the full release?

If you have the Intel 3000 you don't actually have a graphics card. You have integrated graphics.

Integrated graphics aren't really up to the job. You might get away with it, but to mix video you really should be using a discrete graphics card with an absolute minimum of 256mb if dedicated VRAM.

That's been the case with VSL forever, and was readily available in the minimum specs.
StuR 10:39 AM - 29 February, 2012
Thanks for your comment PhatBob, However I have had no use or involvement with VSL and was under the impression that this was a separate piece of software,

I understand the implications of integrated Graphics in a machine but technology has moved on immensely and from experience the Intel HD 3000 is a lot better than people are led to believe,

I have looked at getting a MacBook as everyone states how amazing mac's are for video etc, but a lot of the new mac's are using the same graphics set up
phatbob 10:42 AM - 29 February, 2012
If you are aware that everyone says macs are best for video you must surely have picked up that they are talking about the 15" Pros though?
phatbob 10:47 AM - 29 February, 2012
As I said, you will probably get away with it.

But if you want the best performance you'll need dedicated graphics.
StuR 10:48 AM - 29 February, 2012
Yes but the New Serato Video does not allow you to use it with the Intel HD 3000, that was the point of my original post
phatbob 10:51 AM - 29 February, 2012
Wow, really?

I did not know that. Then I take it all back and say WTF Serato?
StuR 10:57 AM - 29 February, 2012
I understand performance might not be brilliant with the integrated graphics but it won't even activate the plug-in to use it, you get the message saying it is not supported
phatbob 11:06 AM - 29 February, 2012
That's INSANE.

Sure, users should be warned in the minimum specs, or even when they first run it, but to just say NO is RIDICULOUS.
nik39 11:37 AM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
That's INSANE.

That makes sense IMHO, because you just won't get a decent support for effects and transitions.

But then... in a perfect world you would get the warning when trying to install SV on .. any Windows machine ;)
phatbob 1:26 PM - 29 February, 2012
My 13" 2011 Pro runs VSL and MixEmergency absolutely perfectly. At high quality output settings.

It outperforms my 2007 C2Duo Pro in EVERY respect.

Yet my 2007 backup machine can run SV, and my 2011 machine is not allowed to.

What's wrong with that picture?
phatbob 2:16 PM - 29 February, 2012
Oh no, spoke too soon!

I'm not allowed to run SV on my 2011 i5 13" Macbook Pro with and (with 8gb of ram) 512mb of shared video memory on the Intel 3000.

But it's ok!

Because I can happily install and run SV on my 2007 C2D white Macbook. With a whole 64mb of shared DDR2 memory on the GMA950 integrated graphics. Just tried it.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Turn this nonsense off, Serato. It's COMPLETELY arbitrary, and not required if you actually write your minimum specs clearly enough.
StuR 2:22 PM - 29 February, 2012
See Phatbob, it is not clear and also not helpful this situation, and glad you have seen the 'Not allowed' problem, I have now got to go and find an alternative laptop/macbook to work from if i want to use video, my current laptop is less than 5 months old too, how annoying!
nik39 2:24 PM - 29 February, 2012
bob, are we talking about OSX or Windows?
phatbob 2:56 PM - 29 February, 2012
Oh dear. Reactionary Phatbob comes a cropper.

Apologies to Serato, it installs fine on my 13'Pro.

Glad you nudged me towards checking that, nik39, thanks.

StuR, I guess you'll have to ask Serato why that setup is supported on OSX and not Windows.

I had read your initial post as if you were a mac user. Personally I'd never suggest anyone try and do video on a Wintel machine.
nik39 3:02 PM - 29 February, 2012
It should work fine on OSX even with the Intel onboard GPUs.

Windows? No chance. I remember Nathan had huge problems getting VSL working with the Intel GPUs. Dozens of weird driver bugs etc.

Let me re-iterate: VSL/SV is *not* worth trying on at least 90% of the laptops. Save yourself time thus money.
DjCity 7:10 PM - 29 February, 2012
Do I have to own Serato Video to be a beta tester? I beta test itch software when it comes out and would like to beta test video too.
phatbob 7:19 PM - 29 February, 2012
You can test it, but only in demo mode (it says DEMO in big letters on the output).
Dj rick A 7:45 PM - 29 February, 2012
Can we use the NSFX in anyway with the video
Like effects and etc

Text shld have more effects, but its neat cuz i can charge clients for showin thr names whn doin video mixes now lol or even companies who wants adds

The red dot apprrs whn My buffer speed is set at 2gb on both computers ehy is that

1- Macbook pro 2011 4gb ram core 2 duo - 500Gb
2 -Mac Pro 2009 16gb ram 8cores - 12TB

Its still Over 2 GB but the dot strts to pop up the one to the left of CPU
I have only itch runnin and everthing else is off and wifi

Is thr a setting issue
phatbob 7:48 PM - 29 February, 2012
Give an example of how one of your files is encoded.
DJ Sergio B 8:01 PM - 29 February, 2012
Oh well. Guess its Ns7+VDJ for my video solution still....which works just fine and has tons of transition effects.

*shrug* just would've been easier to rock one piece of software.
scott c 8:36 PM - 29 February, 2012
I just tried to load the beta and I'm getting an error during install. I'm running XP and not sure why it is stopping during the install????
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:05 PM - 29 February, 2012
Hey guys,

If you're having issues with the beta, please post in the beta area rather than this thread. We have people monitoring these areas who can help you out.

Cheers.
phatbob 9:09 PM - 29 February, 2012
Hi Michael,

Can you please just confirm that the Intel restriction won't be applied to future builds on OSX?

I installed it this afternoon on my 13" MBP and it's working a treat, as it does with VSL and ME.

Thanks
m3xic4ndiy3i 9:21 PM - 29 February, 2012
so, if i have one dell Latitude E6420 with HD graphics 3000 , i cant use on windows seven, but if i load Hackintosh on it..... is possible to run Serato Video?

i cant see in any specs requirements about Serato Video , nothing about " Intel graphics is not Compatible with Serato Video"
nik39 9:25 PM - 29 February, 2012
I don't that the minimum system requirements have been announced anywhere yet.
nik39 9:26 PM - 29 February, 2012
That = think
m3xic4ndiy3i 9:31 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:

well if thats the case, please, announce that about Intel Graphics in BIG size, or better, "please to all who want to use Serato Video, buy a Macbook pro "
Manny C dot com 10:00 PM - 29 February, 2012
Let's get 2.2 out already. I NEED a stability update!!!!
skinnyguy 10:26 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
..."please to all who want to use Serato Video, buy a Macbook pro "

yea, all the regular vj's have been saying that for a long time now....
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:36 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
Can you please just confirm that the Intel restriction won't be applied to future builds on OSX?

I can't confirm for the indefinite future, but for the immediate future they are supported. The current restriction is Windows only.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:37 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
i load Hackintosh on it..... is possible to run Serato Video?

I imagine that you would be able to, but this is untested and unsupported.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:37 PM - 29 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

well if thats the case, please, announce that about Intel Graphics in BIG size, or better, "please to all who want to use Serato Video, buy a Macbook pro "

We'll have the minimum specs up very shortly. I'll link to them when it's done.
phatbob 10:43 PM - 29 February, 2012
Thanks Michael, I understand you can't guarantee it forever but it's nice to know I'll be able to run the final of 1.0 at least!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:18 PM - 29 February, 2012
No worries :)

Also, the minimum specs are now posted up in the Serato Video 1.0 public beta area > serato.com (click link).
m3xic4ndiy3i 11:19 PM - 29 February, 2012
Thanks michael! and sorry, im only a little sad .....because i cant use Serato Video for a few days ......anyway thaks to all at serato
Manny C dot com 12:12 AM - 1 March, 2012
Does this update include the ability to hide decks 3 & 4 when using 4-deck controllers such as the NS6?

Also, is this update strictly for adding Serato Video support, or are there any stability improvements?

Thanks.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 12:32 AM - 1 March, 2012
All the new additions and changes are listed in the release notes > serato.com (click link).
IDjNS 5:19 AM - 1 March, 2012
Will SV 1.2v work with Beta 2.2 Itch or just 1.0?
Dj_Nix 6:00 AM - 1 March, 2012
what is the recommended hdd speed...?
Dj Nyce 1:10 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

in real world performance you will not be able to realize any speed difference between a 2.5" 5400 HDD and 2.5" 7200 HDD. The 7200's peak at 750GB and will most likely stop there. The 5400's peak at 1TB.

You should get the largest drive you can afford whether or not it's 5400 or 7200.

If you are doing an external just make sure your enclosure supports FW800.
phatbob 1:28 PM - 1 March, 2012
I remember some tests in a PC magazine a few years ago where the WD 500gb Scorpio Blue (5400) was just a hairs breadth slower than the 320gb Scorpio Black (7200), because the platter density was so much higher.

Plenty of factors can affect real-world speed.

I've got a selection of Blues and Blacks in different machines, can't tell the difference in use with SL or Itch.

Now, if you can afford a high-capacity SSD... Then we're talking speed. Still not that noticeable when actually playing though, just booting and opening programs.
dj-freestyle 4:05 PM - 1 March, 2012
I put a 1tb 5400 in my macbook pro a year ago from a 500 7200 and i really notcied no difference in speed at all and i update memory at same time to 6 gigs
elsupermang 8:57 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
I remember some tests in a PC magazine a few years ago where the WD 500gb Scorpio Blue (5400) was just a hairs breadth slower than the 320gb Scorpio Black (7200), because the platter density was so much higher.

Plenty of factors can affect real-world speed.

I've got a selection of Blues and Blacks in different machines, can't tell the difference in use with SL or Itch.

Now, if you can afford a high-capacity SSD... Then we're talking speed. Still not that noticeable when actually playing though, just booting and opening programs.

I'm going to buy a hybrid drive when my new mac comes in. You get some of the benefits of SSD because it caches your most used files on the SSD portion. OS boots up in seconds, not sure if there is a benefit when using Serato.
go-dj-xl 9:12 PM - 1 March, 2012
so itch video is not supported by vista/windows xp
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:12 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Will SV 1.2v work with Beta 2.2 Itch or just 1.0?

Only Serato Video 1.0 will work with ITCH 2.2, Video-SL 1.2 is not compatible.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:12 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:

This is correct, only Windows 7 is supported.
go-dj-xl 9:13 PM - 1 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

This is correct, only Windows 7 is supported.

thanks for the quick reply
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:17 PM - 1 March, 2012
No worries :D
IDjNS 12:01 AM - 2 March, 2012
Thanks Michael,

One other question, What video file format works best for itch 2.2 beta?

I've notice some of my MP4's video files did not play, I only hear audio.
Dj_Nix 2:40 AM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

in real world performance you will not be able to realize any speed difference between a 2.5" 5400 HDD and 2.5" 7200 HDD. The 7200's peak at 750GB and will most likely stop there. The 5400's peak at 1TB.

You should get the largest drive you can afford whether or not it's 5400 or 7200.

If you are doing an external just make sure your enclosure supports FW800.

if you have allot of music (which I have) and a somewhat deep tree folder structure then you'll notice a difference. I'm asking b/c I installed a 2nd hdd in my mbp. I took out the cd. I moved the videos to the slower but larger 1tb drive. and now when I load them they dropout unless I reanalyze the file prior to use. this is less than ideal. also, the tags take a long time to write and could be symptomatic of the hdd speed bottleneck vs usability of a slower drive.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 4:30 AM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
One other question, What video file format works best for itch 2.2 beta?

I've notice some of my MP4's video files did not play, I only hear audio.

You can use any of the supported formats, however we recommend an MP4 container with the H.264 Codec for video and AAC Codec for audio. The video part of your file should have keyframes every 15-25 frames. The reason we recommend this is that it provides a good balance between quality and filesize.

If you are unable to play video files, please report this in the beta area > serato.com (click link).

Thanks.
DJ 31Flavors 7:45 AM - 2 March, 2012
Itch 2.1 runs fine, uses around 10% cpu usage on average. Itch 2.2 and video pegs cpu usage 90% all the time. Using PC, windows 7, 2.8 ghz intel processor, 4 gig ram. Just surprised at the massive jump in cpu usage by way of comparison to itch without video.
I also use this platform to spin video with vdj and the NS7. No issues there, and cpu usage stays between 5-45% with an occasional spike past 50% every great now and then. But never anything like the massive amount 2.2 itch and 1.0 video is trying to use.
I will try using itch 2.2 without video activated and see if performs within the range 2.1 did. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 3:17 PM - 2 March, 2012
if i use a usb video card will this wokr on my hp dm4 i5 windows 7 64 bit?

this kind of sucks for me i had purschased a copy already so i could just upgrade and now i spent the money and cant even use it i havent even tried to use it

but i have an intel video card so whats the point of trying

funny i can play all the latest pc games which hog up video memory but cant use serato video smh
longshot 8:43 PM - 2 March, 2012
Will VSL for Itch ever have midi mapping capabilities? I know the idea behind itch is that every function has a physical interface, but using video and having to touch the laptop again feels like I'm going backwards. Since VSL is a plugin, can't we have midi mapping available to an external midi controller?
dj-freestyle 8:48 PM - 2 March, 2012
They will im sure. i bet what happens is numark and them drop controllers that are add ons. thats my gues
longshot 8:51 PM - 2 March, 2012
Quote:
They will im sure. i bet what happens is numark and them drop controllers that are add ons. thats my gues

Another controller!? Damn, I thought my NS6 would be the last one I would have to buy.

Damn you Serato! JK ;)
dj-freestyle 8:55 PM - 2 March, 2012
well lets hope they drop a way to controll effect on out ns6, lets hope
dj-freestyle 8:55 PM - 2 March, 2012
we really need a bar across the top with added buttons and knobs
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 12:59 AM - 3 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
if i use a usb video card will this wokr on my hp dm4 i5 windows 7 64 bit?

Wow not sure cause its running through USB it might cause dropouts:/

im not worries about them my sytem right now only uses 5% resources its funny though cuz it took me 3 tries to get this laptop that i got now that actualy worked flawlessly with itch

so now a few thousand dollars later i gotta hear i gotta switch again like come on on top of that i had already baught video like omg for real

they should of just warned people before hand money comes easy but it dont damn grow on trees

im about to say forget ur video and use my 30 day back option from where i baught it from
phatbob 1:36 AM - 3 March, 2012
Quote:
it took me 3 tries to get this laptop that i got now that actualy worked flawlessly with itch

so now a few thousand dollars later i gotta hear i gotta switch again like come on on top of that i had already baught video like omg for real

How have you spent thousands of dollars and still ended up with a laptop with only integrated graphics?

If you thought you might want to do video it's been common knowledge for a long time that a powerful discrete graphics card is required, surely?
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 2:09 AM - 3 March, 2012
its the same chip set thats in a mac its works on a mac but not with the pc

at the time i baught this laptop video wasnt even thaught of and i was clearly using other software

which i personaly dislike fine on the system i have now its not like it cant be done

all im saying is a simple hey u can buy this now but it wont work with this would of been fine

but like i said i baught it on a website where i have 30days to send it back and get my money i was smart enough not to open it anyways so i found away around it i guess

all im saying is serato need to be more open with there customers

when people like us do support there product and have no problem shelling out the cash

i just shelled out the cash ahead of time cuz my system has always worked with everything wit nor problems

but hey thats what i get for jumping the gun and putting faith in a company that alwyas leave some info out

i can always hacintosh it
DJSMOOTHBLENDZ 2:15 AM - 3 March, 2012
dont get me wrong i love my serato been here since itch 1.4 and will be here im not a vj

im a dj but like to have fun with other things to just for fun it meets my audio needs and i love it for that

just sometimes iwish they were more clear with there stuff ahead of time

so those like me that dont mind puting in the time to test and the money for a product they would like to use

faithful ns7 user
nik39 9:44 AM - 3 March, 2012
Sorry to Say, but if you want to be sure that it works ( and you don't want to experiment) .. get a mac :(
CBSDJDAVE 11:04 AM - 3 March, 2012
Cant find beta vers. 2.2 itch or 1.0 video , when I click on the 2.2 link at the top of this page it goes to another page with this below , when i click on create system profiles button it does nothing.

To join this beta program you must create at least one system profile.
A system profile is a description of your computer, Serato hardware, and other external devices. If you use Serato software with more than one computer you should create a system profile for each computer.
New System Profile
System Profiles
taump 12:48 AM - 4 March, 2012
Hi .....have run Itch 2.2 beta with Serato Video on a Pioneer DDJ-S1 everything works great no issues 3 - 6hr sessions even running effects no crashes ran a 4 hr session today while ripping DVDs with Hand Brake no issues...am liking it a lot ! Thanks Serato & Rane
Beatnologic 9:05 AM - 4 March, 2012
Here on a MacBook air it also runs smooth. No problems whatsoever. only difficulty, how to change video fx while djing. Midi support would be nice or at least keyboard shortcuts. Are there any?
But it's a great update can't wait to try it for public. Bigups
Charile Wilson 10:10 AM - 4 March, 2012
I installed the recommended perian codec but my mpeg2's (vob) still don't work. I havent re started the program or computer yet. I was wondering what video formats were supported?
Beatnologic 10:46 AM - 4 March, 2012
Quote:
I was wondering what video formats were supported?

serato.com
Charile Wilson 10:49 AM - 4 March, 2012
Thanks, looks like just mp4 then
Beatnologic 11:00 AM - 4 March, 2012
it's like, make it easy for your cpu. Anybody got a nice way to put proper 320 mp3's under Youtube video's?
phatbob 11:20 AM - 4 March, 2012
Yeah, open the Iamathievingprickwithlowqualitystandards app.

Then go and BUY your videos from a proper source.

I already told you where to look in another thread.

Quote:
If you want some serious suggestions of where to get videos go to the SV general discussion area and read the posts at the top there. You'll find all the actual sources you need.
Beatnologic 1:48 PM - 4 March, 2012
Lion
breakermixer 2:27 PM - 4 March, 2012
Quote:
it's like, make it easy for your cpu. Anybody got a nice way to put proper 320 mp3's under Youtube video's?

Ableton Live works for me and is so easy to sync the audio and video warping the video.
Dj_Nix 4:35 PM - 4 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

Ableton Live works for me and is so easy to sync the audio and video warping the video.

lol but if he wont buy vids i doubt he'll spend the 8ish hundred for ableton.
Beatnologic 5:13 AM - 5 March, 2012
I've got live so might worth a try, buying would also be a option but till now al sites suck big time. Time for Juno boomkat and te others to step up and start selling clips.
DJLRock 7:07 AM - 5 March, 2012
Can I run itch beta, serato video beta, scratch live 2.3.3 and Mix Emergency on the same computer?
Dj Nyce 7:17 AM - 5 March, 2012
Quote:
Can I run itch beta, serato video beta, scratch live 2.3.3 and Mix Emergency on the same computer?

yes. for ssl you'll need to rename the current app to SSl 2.3.3 then install the beta. for itch you don't need to rename because the beta installs as itch beta x.x.

i currently have itch, itch beta, ssl 2.3.3, ssl 2.4, ssl 2.4.1 beta, serato video 1.0 beta and ME on my laptop.
DJLRock 7:25 AM - 5 March, 2012
excellent.. thank you very much
DJ Mister Alex 7:52 AM - 6 March, 2012
Just got my video sl key today and i love it tahnk u [ bye bye virtual dj]
dj-freestyle 4:04 PM - 6 March, 2012
Im replacing my late 2008 model with a new mac today and im scared to death for my gig this weekend. is anybody running the latest apple software with no issues i hope. i purposely havent gone past snow leopard just to be safe so im a scared puppy.
elsupermang 4:25 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
Im replacing my late 2008 model with a new mac today and im scared to death for my gig this weekend. is anybody running the latest apple software with no issues i hope. i purposely havent gone past snow leopard just to be safe so im a scared puppy.

I had Snow Leopard on my late 2008 with no problems. I'm now running Snow Leopard on a new MBP with no problems either. Im running on 1ms with 10-15% CPU usage.
dj-freestyle 4:34 PM - 6 March, 2012
snow leopard doesny worry me i have that . its my brand new macbook with newest updates that worrys me.
Beatnologic 4:40 PM - 6 March, 2012
Running up to date Lion without any problems.
elsupermang 4:48 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
snow leopard doesny worry me i have that . its my brand new macbook with newest updates that worrys me.

Oops meant Lion. Too many cats lol.
RnBDJkb 7:18 PM - 6 March, 2012
I am running the latest Beta release on:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Numark V7/ Pioneer 707 Analog mixer

Everything related to audio working fine, however I am having issue with using curser to cross-fade Video. I am only getting music/ video output from my left side channel one <> no video output on right side Channel two but audio from video track is present. I do need to mention Text is showing regardless of video fader position.
Any info would be appreciated from Mac users that have video sorted out, thx..
DJRuKo 7:40 PM - 6 March, 2012
So is Serato Video gonna have compatibility with the intel graphics cards on my Dell XPS or I am out of luck ? Kinda sucks that VDJ being a begginer type software has more compatibility with all graphics cards . Seems like my wait was for nothing. I've installed both Itch 2.2 and Video 1.0 and to my surprise my laptop's graphics card is not compatible . What a disapointmet and a waste of money . I hope you Serato Guys get this problem fixed . Not everyone has the extea cash to just go buy another laptop just like that..
Dj Nyce 8:06 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
So is Serato Video gonna have compatibility with the intel graphics cards on my Dell XPS or I am out of luck ? Kinda sucks that VDJ being a begginer type software has more compatibility with all graphics cards . Seems like my wait was for nothing. I've installed both Itch 2.2 and Video 1.0 and to my surprise my laptop's graphics card is not compatible . What a disapointmet and a waste of money . I hope you Serato Guys get this problem fixed . Not everyone has the extea cash to just go buy another laptop just like that..

i have a macbook pro and video works for me, but i feel you. when serato video was announced that could've also indicated that it won't work on intel graphics on windows. but instead they have a sale and let new users purchase serato video knowing that it wouldn't be supported on that platform.

shame on you serato
VJ Justin Allen 8:16 PM - 6 March, 2012
If you look here: serato.com you can see what the specs are. These have been in place since January 16th, when the initial announcement was made about Itch and video.
skinnyguy 8:27 PM - 6 March, 2012
Weird how a "beginner software" can run video fine on tons of pcs. But supposedly they use stolen or open source code or something? Something....but it works.
Dj_Nix 8:53 PM - 6 March, 2012
ya'll crying... but vdj SUCKS. ive used it for video. terrible platform.
RnBDJkb 8:56 PM - 6 March, 2012
Anyone?
DJRuKo 9:01 PM - 6 March, 2012
Quote:
ya'll crying... but vdj SUCKS. ive used it for video. terrible platform.

I agree VDJ sucks but ot works OK .. I guess now im gonna have to try and sell my Laptop and get a Mac.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:21 PM - 6 March, 2012
Hey RnBDJkb,

I'd suggest that you post your issue in its own thread in the beta area (serato.com) rather than in this post. We have people monitoring that area who can help you out.

Thanks.
RnBDJkb 9:24 PM - 6 March, 2012
Thanks for the direction Michael R...I thought his was the Beta Issues/reporting thread.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:28 PM - 6 March, 2012
All good :)

This thread is just to let you all know that the betas are out, if you have any issues the best place to raise them is the beta areas. I do check this thread, but not often enough to be of use to anyone ;)
DJ Mister Alex 4:41 AM - 7 March, 2012
Quote:

Macbook pro 17" snow leopard 10.6.8 bee working 5 days a week for the last two years whit no problems at all, i was using VDJ so i don't think you'll have any problems using itch.
atlvideoguy 3:38 PM - 7 March, 2012
If your going to be mixing, MacBook pro is definitely the way to go. I was once at a bar mixing music videos in virtual dj on a pc and the computer crashed 3 times that night. Needless to say I didn't get that gig. My pc has 6 gigs & I5 processor. I'm now mixing with a MacBook Pro I7 with 4 gigs of ram runs flawlessly. I financed it from bestbuy. Can't wait to install and try the itch beta and video beta
DJ Mister Alex 12:12 AM - 8 March, 2012
After two days of using itch whit video i can say that i never going back to VDJ. the saving fx option save me too much time, just click and there is my text on the screen!
dj-nice 12:05 PM - 8 March, 2012
saving FX? What do you talking from?
DJ Mister Alex 9:46 PM - 8 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
saving FX? What do you talking from?

google translate fail lol

Sorry i'm from mexico and my english is not that good what i meant to say was. you can store effects within each video for instant recall
CBSDJDAVE 3:14 PM - 9 March, 2012
Can any of the effects selection be midi mapped.
To the NS6 if not it sure would be nice , i find me using.
Mouse more, but so far everything working good, love it so far. My gear.
... NS6, 2011macbook pro 17inch 8g ram, itch 2.2,
CBSDJDAVE 5:15 PM - 10 March, 2012
Everything seems to be working fine on macbook pro, but when I connect a tv monitor to my mac and try to play out video there are a lot of line in the video , plus I trying to figure out what the display setting should be seems kind of a hassle to configure in mac system preferences - display what to do there , I have a 17inch 2011 macbookpro 2.3ghz i7 8gb ram .
I purchase a mini display port to av converter by innovation for composite video out, but i think i am going to go buy the hdmi out adapter from mac, any help?
DJred24 11:10 PM - 10 March, 2012
Novation twitch,

IT says newer Audio USB drivers are installed delete them to install older drivers when trying 2.2 install?

Asus k52f
DJred24 11:11 PM - 10 March, 2012
Driver page stays at half way no results. I give up until you release finale stage ? I don't use video, and twitch seems to work just fine for my needs.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:16 PM - 11 March, 2012
Hey DJred24,

I'd suggest that you post your issue in its own thread in the beta area rather than in this post. We have people monitoring these areas who can help you out.

Thanks.
DJ Gruve 8:39 PM - 12 March, 2012
My setup for the night:
Numark NS6
Itch 2.2 I believe
Serato Video Plugin (Beta)
Macbook Pro 2.4 (4gb Ram) OSX
Internal SSD drive

My ITCH settings:
USB Buffer - All the way to the LEFT for maximum cuts :)
Screen Refresh Rate - All the way to the RIGHT for my visual stimuli

Just wanted to write a review of my first night out with my NS6, Itch, and the Serato Video Plugin (Beta). I understand that the Serato Video Plugin is in Beta mode and it was pretty risky but I had my secondary gear all set up if needed. Wanted to start off by saying I am a 20 year veteran to the game and have been playing on serato scratchLIVE since its inception. I am a the type of DJ that likes to scratch/cut/move the music with my hands so getting me away from my turntables was pretty hard! So just recently I purchased an NS6 because of its ability to reproduce turntable/hand movements precisely.....So I made the plunge and purchased my NS6. I have been playing videos 2 nights a week here in Dallas texas using my Denon DNX600, technics 1200 tables, and scratchLIVE with Video SL. I bought the NS6 because I was told that there would be a plugin available soon for VDJ's.....and here we are!

I downloaded the BETA version of serato video and played with it at home for an hour or so, then decided it was time to test it out in the club. Here is my report!

Being a user of video SL for a couple years, I was expecting the same performance from Serato Video. First off, I made sure to rebuild all of my overviews, auto BPM, and beat grid prior to the night. Started off very smoothly playing my first video, seemed to be moving along like normal.....I glanced up at the Big Screen where videos were being shown and I noticed that the videos were not playing a smoothly as they did when I use my Video SL w/ ScratchLIVE. Not sure if this is a setting that I can change or just an output behavior of this new beta plugin but my videos seemed to be exact and smoother on scratchLIVE w/ VideoSL. My settings for video playback in Itch are set to "medium" quality which is the same setting I was using in ScratchLIVE w/VideoSL. The playback continued to be a little "behind", and less seemless for the entire night regardless of the video I was playing! I was ok with the playback for the moment because I was purely testing this software out and expected some issues. Only heard a few pops/dropout sounds throughout the 4 hours I was playing so that didnt really seem to be an issue.

My biggest and most noticeable issue with the software Itch running Serato Video plugin was.......the CPU usage indicator bar in the upper right corner of the Itch screen. This indicator mainly stayed around the middle (green) while tracks were playing, but seemed to peak into the RED when I loaded a video track or even when I "Instant Doubled". Not sure why this is occuring since I have built all overviews and took the time to prepare all of my videos and audio files.

Overall I like the Serato Video plugin in the sense of its available effects and transitions, user interface, and overall appeal. Im not big on transitions/fades/effects and all the "knob turning" that some DJ's are looking for.....again, Im more concerned that it JUST WORKS! Im a scratch style DJ that plays hip hop/top 40/dance/All Genres so my first priority is working the platters and cutting the music, staying busy with my hands, being creative, doing live remixes with instrumentals & acapellas.....not turning EQ knobs and worrying about flaNGERS AND TREMELO EFX. Those things are nice, but my performance comes first and creativity is a must, thats why I dont care what transitions I have engaged. I usually just use a couple transitions anyways so it really doesnt matter how GLORIOUS that section of effects is to me. Like I said, I just need it TO WORK!

Overall, the video plugin WORKED, it seems like it needs a few tweeks here and there and hopefully with more feedback from you guys we can get this plugin working seemlessy and Skratch Videos for many years to come! Any questions, please feel free to ask. Im sure im leaving something out but as soon as I realize it, I'll post a reply! Thanks Guys!
danny606 2:05 AM - 13 March, 2012
hi how u doing all..can anyone tell me how can i download serato itch for video? i have ns6 ..thank you
DJ Mister Alex 2:08 AM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
hi how u doing all..can anyone tell me how can i download serato itch for video? i have ns6 ..thank you
Download the latest Version of ITCH and VSL then use your VSL license to get a new key
danny606 2:46 AM - 13 March, 2012
i only have serato itch n never tried vsl .. do ihave to buy it? how do i make it work with my ns6?
DJ Mister Alex 5:01 AM - 13 March, 2012
Quote:
i only have serato itch n never tried vsl .. do ihave to buy it? how do i make it work with my ns6?
Yes you need to go to STORE and buy it, is what they call a plug-in kind of like an app for itch
CBSDJDAVE 8:12 AM - 13 March, 2012
Is itch video ready for purchase of plugin yet for serato itch 2.2, I dont use scratch-live, I see that video-SL is available for $149, I presently have the demo beta of itch and have been working with it for a few days now and would like to purchase the correct version and get a serial number for itch and not scratch live, DO i need to buy the video-sl version plugin thats available now for a key to make itch video work, or is the version I need for serato itch not available yet for purchase , I would like to get rid of that DEMO MODE chyron over the output screen of the itch version.

Below is the summary to purchase video-SL from the serato website store it says it is for scratch live, so I just want to be clear If I purchase will it will it have the correct serial number to activate itch video also or not, it says available in march , well we are in march.

What is Video-SL?
Serato Video-SL is a software plug-in for Scratch Live which adds the ability to playback and mix video files. Manage a variety of video clips from within the Scratch Live library and load them onto a virtual deck for control with either vinyl or CD.
CBSDJDAVE 8:12 AM - 13 March, 2012
Is itch video ready for purchase of plugin yet for serato itch 2.2, I dont use scratch-live, I see that video-SL is available for $149, I presently have the demo beta of itch and have been working with it for a few days now and would like to purchase the correct version and get a serial number for itch and not scratch live, DO i need to buy the video-sl version plugin thats available now for a key to make itch video work, or is the version I need for serato itch not available yet for purchase , I would like to get rid of that DEMO MODE chyron over the output screen of the itch version.

Below is the summary to purchase video-SL from the serato website store it says it is for scratch live, so I just want to be clear If I purchase will it will it have the correct serial number to activate itch video also or not, it says available in march , well we are in march.

What is Video-SL?
Serato Video-SL is a software plug-in for Scratch Live which adds the ability to playback and mix video files. Manage a variety of video clips from within the Scratch Live library and load them onto a virtual deck for control with either vinyl or CD.
phatbob 10:47 AM - 13 March, 2012
If you buy VideoSL now, when you install the beta version of Serato Video, it contains a tool which lets you upgrade that VSL serial to an SV serial.

So there is nothing to gain or lose by buying now, or waiting till the final release, when you'll just be getting an SV serial automatically.

Either way you'll get an SV serial.
CBSDJDAVE 6:25 PM - 13 March, 2012
Thanks phatbob , I think I will go ahead and purchase now, I want to do some testing at a
mobile gig for some friends nothing big just playing for small party but a good place to try out and test, so i need the output monitor not to have that demo logo over the screen.

Phatbob I read some other post of yours that you use the Kramer 501XL scan converter, are you totally happy with results or is there another better converter around the same price you could recommend, presently I am using a (AVerMedia AVerKey iMicro Converter) which I already had before getting into video and it works fine , I have a newer macbook pro purchase about 7 months ago and it has the newer display port out to vga adapter and the aver media has a vga in to a rca out or vga only , I would like to go hdmi or find a better quality scan converter with rca or hdmi out but for now this aver media is doing it job . and thanks Phatbob for you help.
phatbob 6:48 PM - 13 March, 2012
CBSDJDAVE:

Firstly, if you are wanting to output HDMI, DVI or VGA, you don't need any kind of converter, just the correct Apple adaptor like you have already for VGA. I don't think Apple make an HDMI one but other people do (DVI and HDMI are effectively the same signal).

As regards composite out, I like my Kramer, it gives a decent picture. Composite is never the ideal connection, but everywhere I play at present has composite only.

I haven't used a QuickPlay so I can't compare the two.

If you haven't, you should watch episode 2 of Josh & Eloy's Video Report where they cover all this stuff in exhaustive detail.

remixreport.com
DJ MDX 7:31 PM - 13 March, 2012
Apple does make both a VGA and HDMI adapter - I have both.
phatbob 7:41 PM - 13 March, 2012
Actually they don't, as I thought. They SELL one but they don't make one, for whatever reason. The one they sell is made by Moshi.

support.apple.com
DJ MDX 7:47 PM - 13 March, 2012
Interesting, mine was in Apple packaging with the same Apple adapter cases and cables - very intersting - I'll see if I can post a pic later.
CBSDJDAVE 5:25 AM - 14 March, 2012
Phatbob , I am going to order a kramer 501, found it for $300 new online, my flat screen monitors have hdmi, rca, vga,& componet which is the grn blue red rca type inputs and no s-video,I see that the Kramer has a bnc and S-video out so is it possible to convert the bnc out on the back of the kramer with a "bnc to rca connector so that i can run the line to the rca input on my monitors and still get signal or even utilize the s-video out of the kramer and do the same with s-video to rca connector. Hopefully I can or clue me in what componet connector you are using to connect to the bnc on the back of the kramer.

Also I had tried going HDMI out of the laptop with the belkin dp to hdmi adapter that i got from apple and I could not get a signal, my laptop would react that it was connected but nothing would appear on the tv monitor when selecting the correct hdmi input, I also notice a slight decrease in signal using my existing Avermedia Imicro when connecting 2 monitors, but it is only a slight reduction and video still acceptable. thanks for your help.
CBSDJDAVE 5:37 AM - 14 March, 2012
Phatbob this is probably what i need for bnc to rca , is this how you are doing it.

from amazon

Monster-127771-00-Female-Cable-Adapter/dp/B00104QNF6
dj-freestyle 3:43 PM - 14 March, 2012
Ya i have ones with apple logo and came in apple packages. strange
Dj Nyce 5:29 PM - 14 March, 2012
monoprice is better for bnc to rca's
www.monoprice.com

they also carry several cables with bnc ends (i.e. vga to bnc).
CBSDJDAVE 5:57 PM - 14 March, 2012
I will be playing at a club in a couple months so I am just getting ready , I ordered a kramer 501xl, hopefully the picture quallity is better than what i have already especially when hooking up more than one flat screen because my avermedia decreases slightly. Ya i have some of those bnc to rca adapter already hopefully this is all I need. I wish I new why my HDMI adapter out of macbook pro does not send signal to tv tho, I think I might have to take a trip to the apple store and see if they could help I am not sure if it needs some kind of converter also like i am doing for componet video. thanks all for your help
VJ Justin Allen 6:51 PM - 14 March, 2012
Is this to an older or off-brand TV. The HDMI out from apple usually needs to "handshake" with the output source. There is copyright protection that has to happen. This can fail if the adapter is the wrong kind...or the monitor is not correct.

Just one possible issue.
CBSDJDAVE 8:26 PM - 14 March, 2012
I just purchase this JVC 32inchtv flat screen from samclub last week, My macbook pro is 2011 model with the newer diplay port and thunderbolt connections, The adapter was purchase from apple they sell a belkin dp to hdmi model , ,maybe i should try a different brand adapter, I am not sure if apple makes there own brand for this adapter, Best buy sells adapters also from apple I check if its a apple brand. The only thing is if I am having this much trouble getting HDMI out of my laptop, Like DJ Phatbob says most tv monitors at clubs have componet inputs , I probably should just stick with componet, I just wanted to see if there was going to be a significant difference in video quality using HDMI.
phatbob 8:29 PM - 14 March, 2012
HDMI will be better quality.

It's strange that Apple don't make a mini-DP to HDMI adaptor, yet sell them made by 3rd parties.

There is a different brand that Apple Stores sell, Moshi, you might want to try that one.
CBSDJDAVE 8:50 PM - 14 March, 2012
Ya I read post talking about that brand, I will try to find a moshi brand connector and see if that was the problem, Ya notice that apple made them for the older laptops its a little bigger display port adapter. well made they do make a mini but i just have to look.
dj-freestyle 8:51 PM - 14 March, 2012
were the hell did the itch beta download go, its gone. click up top its not in that section anymore
DJ MDX 9:02 PM - 14 March, 2012
I think they took it down due to we found some issues with it - left platter acting like strip search - Zeb stated they're working on another dl for us - stay tuned ;-)
Papa Midnight 2:32 AM - 15 March, 2012
Quote:
I think they took it down due to we found some issues with it - left platter acting like strip search - Zeb stated they're working on another dl for us - stay tuned ;-)

some issues he says... oh dear...
DJdaveZ 3:14 AM - 15 March, 2012
i hope there is a new version up in the next couple days... i plan to go out and play with this and video on saturday night and don't want the scroll staying on...
Papa Midnight 3:27 AM - 15 March, 2012
Quote:
i hope there is a new version up in the next couple days... i plan to go out and play with this and video on saturday night and don't want the scroll staying on...

Indeed. Just grabbed the first RC for Serato Video and would love to give it a shot. I don't want to purchase something without knowing it actually works (especially as I've got a few friends in the DJ business looking to purchase as well and I don't want to give them an incorrect assessment of my experiences based upon a beta product).
DJ Hazee™ 5:31 AM - 15 March, 2012
We Need More Effects . Just Saying The Effects Are Alright But Why Not Throw in The Jett effect Or The Ones Scratch Live Offers ? Like If The VFX Can Be Used With Scratch Live To Load 24 Effects Why Not Make It Happen On Serato Itch ? Im Just Saying Hopfully You Take My Advice .
CBSDJDAVE 4:33 AM - 16 March, 2012
I am having a problem with the image effect in serato itch video, I am getting a double image of my logo image I have over video using image effect, When I select middle position the image is there in center output video window but when I crossover to new track it will either be a double image or disappear, Is there a way to always have my logo on the middle output only , It starts off good in center output but changes after transition to the next track, I have place the image in bottom right corner and saved image. Occasionally the image changes sizes on me also.
Don’t know if there is a fix needed for this or I am doing something wrong,
I am using Beta version 2.2.0 ( 22012), is there a newer vers. Available than this vers..
Using NS6 with 2011 macbook Pro
phatbob 4:37 AM - 16 March, 2012
CBSDJDAVE 5:03 AM - 16 March, 2012
whoops , thanks
DJRuKo 7:10 PM - 16 March, 2012
For any NS7 users out there I'm having a little issue with Serato Video 1.0...
First off video is good audio is good BUT when i switch the Headphone CUE fader to preview a song it also fades the video playing on the video output. I already tried adjusting the settings on fader controls and still no luck .. Has anyone else had or is having this issue?
phatbob 7:19 PM - 16 March, 2012
FFS

Quote:
serato.com
Deejay Splash 8:12 PM - 16 March, 2012
I have downloaded the itch2.2 beta version and i can't see it in my pc?
Tishica14 9:44 PM - 16 March, 2012
Quote:
For any NS7 users out there I'm having a little issue with Serato Video 1.0...
First off video is good audio is good BUT when i switch the Headphone CUE fader to preview a song it also fades the video playing on the video output. I already tried adjusting the settings on fader controls and still no luck .. Has anyone else had or is having this issue?

Yeap, it has been reported in the beta area and is suppose to be addressed with the next release.
DJ Mister Alex 12:23 AM - 21 March, 2012
Money well spent!
ELCESAR 6:54 AM - 25 March, 2012
I Installed working fine ,when I Applying 30 min is turn off.. x 2 times ...I use Mac_Lion 10.7.3 and I open Again Itch not problem Not turn off , I used Numark Ns7 , The only problem found for right now when used Headphone control fader is switch the video , (reverse crossfader) that the only problem .
the fader from mixer is working fine .
Michael R ...
Deejay Splash 5:46 PM - 26 March, 2012
Hi,how much is the plugin?'itch software' i heard you have to buy it every other month after its over?
Papa Midnight 6:33 PM - 26 March, 2012
Quote:
Hi,how much is the plugin?'itch software' i heard you have to buy it every other month after its over?

No...
serato.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve H. 5:54 AM - 27 March, 2012
Hi Everyone,

Serato Video 1.0, ITCH 2.2 and Scratch Live 2.4.1 have now been released :D

Please visit the downloads page to get the latest versions serato.com

Cheers,
Steve
DJ MDX 11:17 PM - 27 March, 2012
Steve H. Can you tell me what the Final Release Version is for SV 1.0 - or confirm if its still 1004. I DL the one available on line and that is the version it gives me.
DJ MDX 11:26 PM - 27 March, 2012
...or anyone for that matter that has the final release....

Thanks!
CBSDJDAVE 11:54 PM - 27 March, 2012
I unistalled the beta vers. of itch 2.2 then installed the final release 2.2 of itch but when installing the video plugin thou ,will it overwrite the beta version plugin I have installed or do I need to uninstall it first dont see how to un-install the plug-in if I need to.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve H. 1:40 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
or confirm if its still 1004
Hi DJ MDX, yep 1004 was the final release :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve H. 1:42 AM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
I unistalled the beta vers. of itch 2.2 then installed the final release 2.2 of itch but when installing the video plugin thou ,will it overwrite the beta version plugin I have installed or do I need to uninstall it first dont see how to un-install the plug-in if I need to.
Hi CBSDJDAVE, did you manage to get the final releases of ITCH and Serato Video installed ok?
DJLRock 6:10 AM - 28 March, 2012
I'm getting crate load errors with the final that I wasn't getting with the beta
Fuidawg 6:44 AM - 28 March, 2012
I also still get the following ERROR: Warning: An error occured while reading ALBUMN NAME. Remounting external hard drives and restarting Scratch Live may fix the problem.
LJ_WOOLSEY 8:50 AM - 28 March, 2012
This is an old bug from scratchlive, just ignor it as it does not mean allot. Serato itch dev team really need to talk to the scratchlive guys and get the fix off them.
CBSDJDAVE 1:57 PM - 28 March, 2012
Steve h .i got it working and i see final release vers. 1004 in.
setup. Thanks
DJ MDX 3:01 PM - 28 March, 2012
Quote:
Quote:
or confirm if its still 1004
Hi DJ MDX, yep 1004 was the final release :)

Thanks Steve H. - I had a go with it on a 2 hour set last night and everything went well after I redid my overviews - needed beatgrid for loops to work - duh....lol - it was a looonnngg weekend....
Deejay Splash 6:31 PM - 24 August, 2012
Hi...my effecst for 2.2 are poor that the first itch soft ware.. wos up?
danny606 9:07 AM - 27 August, 2012
Theres only 6 effects on its And I really don't like them .I only use lpf n hpf .. when serato its going to add more with better functions??
djemdub 9:13 AM - 27 August, 2012
The two of you above...
You guys do know that this is for an old release right?I'm not saying that you're requests have been answered, but they're is a new release
damehype 4:41 PM - 27 August, 2012
So along with the 2 deck view for NS6, has simple sync been added for NS6 when in 2 deck view also?
nik39 5:01 PM - 27 August, 2012
The decks are hidden, but that doesn't mean, the decks are not active.
danny606 5:20 PM - 27 August, 2012
Why the video thing its so expensive ???? I have itch tho lol hi everyone :)
danny606 5:30 PM - 27 August, 2012
Djemdub really ? Wats new about it ? I didn't check it yet
djemdub 6:03 PM - 27 August, 2012
I
Quote:
Djemdub really ? Wats new about it ? I didn't check it yet

I haven't had a chance to check it out myself because of school, but it has bug fixes, and now 2 deck view for ns6 and dx. And flac support.

Itch is now at 2.2.2 but its in public beta.
This thread is for 2.2.0
dj-freestyle 6:55 PM - 27 August, 2012
i love the new 2 decks view with video windows in the decks. its aweosme
danny606 7:57 PM - 27 August, 2012
Oh I'm going to.check it right now .. I been working w the 2.2.0 n I like it so I didn't look at it ... Let's see how it works
danny606 9:01 PM - 27 August, 2012
Hey I have a question . I have the itch 2.2.0 and people are talkin about the 2.2.2 version but I don't see that version any where ..how or where do i get that ??
dj-freestyle 2:57 PM - 28 August, 2012
look in itch general discussion and itch 2.2 with 2 deck view for ns6 and flac and stuff is in that beta
DjCity 5:58 PM - 29 August, 2012
I have 2.2.0 and use it with sera to video

With the 2.2.2 beta, is sera to video included? What I mean is...

I don't want to overwrite current sera to video with a beta version but I wanna test the new one out.

I have renamed itch to itch 2.0.

Is there anything I need to do with video?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 4:43 AM - 30 August, 2012
Hi DjCity,

if you're running the video beta and wanting to preserve your fully released version, simply move serato video out of the macintosh hd>library>application support>serato folder and move the beta version in. Reswap them when done. You may want to rename them as well for your convenience. Obviously you'll need to move it before you download and install the beta.

Mathew
DjCity 3:21 PM - 30 August, 2012
Do I have to move it or an I simply rename the fully released version?
DjCity 3:26 PM - 30 August, 2012
Can I rename "Serato Video.app" to "Serato Video full release.app" and then install the beta version? That way I would not have to move the app?
dj-freestyle 3:39 PM - 30 August, 2012
@djcity, exactly.
DjCity 4:00 PM - 30 August, 2012
I tried it and I THINK it worked but now my video output window in the offline player is BIG AS HELL and I can't get it smaller cause the bottom of the window is off the bottom of the screen.

WTF?!?

I deleted the beta video file and renamed the origonal file back to its proper name and on closing and re opening itch, the output window is still big as hell.

It's that large in the beta as well as 2.0

Little help please?
dj-freestyle 4:43 PM - 30 August, 2012
@matt at serato , im lost on that one. help? im think that with 2 serato videos installed its screwing up the video?
DJ MDX 5:58 PM - 30 August, 2012
I'd try deleting them both - then redownload full release.
Open full release to see if fixed issue.
If it has, follow instructions provided for move and beta.
It might cause an issue if they "live" in the same folder

*Remember to note/save any custom settings you have to re-add after re-install.
DjCity 4:00 PM - 6 September, 2012
Quote:
I tried it and I THINK it worked but now my video output window in the offline player is BIG AS HELL and I can't get it smaller cause the bottom of the window is off the bottom of the screen.

WTF?!?

I deleted the beta video file and renamed the origonal file back to its proper name and on closing and re opening itch, the output window is still big as hell.

It's that large in the beta as well as 2.0

Little help please?

I still need help with this from serato...
Last night I was playing videos and in the preview windows (Left, Right and Middle) I could see the videos but on the screen, Ch1 (Left) would not show video. Only ch2 (right) showed video.
LJ_WOOLSEY 5:43 PM - 6 September, 2012
post in the beta area then
DjCity 5:46 PM - 6 September, 2012
Quote:
post in the beta area then

It's not a beta issue as it's happening with 2.2
I put in a help ticket.

Did you read ALL of what I wrote?
LJ_WOOLSEY 6:54 PM - 6 September, 2012
nope as this is not a help area! so if you have opened a help thread wait for the people to help you there init.
dj-freestyle 8:17 PM - 6 September, 2012
Did you have faders linked and up and on. if showing in windows then sounds like a link issue
danny606 2:57 AM - 4 October, 2012
is it true Itch its going to dissappear and become Serato Dj only?? and the itch 2.2.2 its the last version for itch and after this .theres no more???? any answer pls?
breakermixer 3:36 AM - 4 October, 2012
True. serato.com
DJ Mister Alex 2:24 AM - 17 October, 2012
Nice can't wait serato video it's been amazing by the way!
Deejay Splash 7:51 AM - 12 July, 2013
My itch records very poor with a low volume..i have to pump up the volume twice from the usually speakers volume to here it,what's happening and i have adjust to the right level of the recording settings?