Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

a proposal for serato,

SleepWalkNick 3:24 AM - 3 February, 2012
i know that intro is a begginers program,
i beleive that i have already outgrown intro but still want to learn,
in my opion i think there are not enough features for people to learn to dj,
i think there should be an option to buy a dj intro plus package, for like £30-£35 or $50-$60
that gives users some more features for example,

a clock?
more effects
possibly track levels, ( no idea what the name is) to check the volume of an incoming track
able to see the tempo of track when in vertical mode as well as horizontal
different layouts/colour schemes

just some things like that
this isnt by any means me demanding these features but mearly an idea, i think that alot of intro users would agree with me when i say the move to itch is way too expensive so would be nice to have a middle ground between them

anyways thanks in advance,
hope to hear back from you soon
Nick
BRhynO 1:27 PM - 3 February, 2012
i agree ... cause if want to get more features it means you got spend money no and buy a more expensive controller. a djintro advanced version with features of itch and option layouts of scratch live would be nice.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:26 PM - 3 February, 2012
It's a nice thought but don't hold your breath. Serato has made it pretty clear what their intentions are for DJ Intro.......
Lawrence 6:09 AM - 5 February, 2012
Or at least allow the use of all the controllers features...I leave my pioneer gear at the bar and I use the mixtrack pro for partys. The mix trackpro has buttons for auto loop so how hard is it for Serato to set them up to work? Its like buying a new small car but all the gears do not work.... even though the air for the tyres is free :)
pdidy 9:27 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
It's a nice thought but don't hold your breath. Serato has made it pretty clear what their intentions are for DJ Intro.......

this is true....i guess you guys just dont get it........... so let me put it like this....
Intro was given to you for FREE with the hopes that you will like it enough to BUY the full featured versions like itch or scratchlive.

SERATO WANTS YOU TO BUY ITCH OR SCRATCHLIVE !!
IF THEY GIVE TOO MUCH AWAY FOR FREE OR CHEAP, YOU HAVE NO REASON TO BUY !!

do yall get it ?
BRhynO 9:51 PM - 6 February, 2012
obviously you aint get it pdidy
we have said we be willing to buy a more advanced version of djintro
djlj 2:53 AM - 7 February, 2012
/facepalm
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:16 AM - 7 February, 2012
There will not be any advanced version of DJ INTRO........ that is just not part of the business motto here...... your next step is to buy an Itch controller and use Itch. If y'all would have taken the time to read through these threads many Serato reps have spoken as to the future of DJ INTRO.

Good Luck fellas
Lawrence 7:41 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:

do yall get it ?

Got it.... I bought scratch live and have been using scratch live since 2004.

What I'm saying is if the controller has buttons then make them work. ie auto loop- this feature works on other controllers with Dj Intro so why not Mixtrack Pro? If you are gonna do it ... do it properly ...not half pie.... free or not. By the way I would have paid for it with the controller because I wanted it for partys.

I know Dj Intro is designed to get people into scratch live but at least make the controllers they have chosen to work with function fully. This is not asking for any advanced programme :)
cheers
pdidy 9:05 AM - 7 February, 2012
Quote:
obviously you aint get it pdidy
we have said we be willing to buy a more advanced version of djintro

please tell me you're just joking......
BRhynO 1:17 AM - 9 February, 2012
pdidy
so what going do with my mixdeck and mixtrack pro???
you going buy them???

i already use itch with my ns7 but that is only at home, i would just like a lil better features out of djintro .... cause i don't lug about with my ns7 to events cause they are heavy with the case and i aint taking them out the case so dont even suggest that.
phatbob 1:25 AM - 9 February, 2012
Were you not aware of the limitations of Intro before buying those controllers?

Seems that info is quite widely available... The name Intro is a bit of a giveaway, too, I reckon.
pdidy 4:49 AM - 9 February, 2012
Quote:
pdidy
so what going do with my mixdeck and mixtrack pro???
you going buy them???

i already use itch with my ns7 but that is only at home, i would just like a lil better features out of djintro .... cause i don't lug about with my ns7 to events cause they are heavy with the case and i aint taking them out the case so dont even suggest that.

my i suggest a membership at Watchwww.youtube.com