Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

VCI-400 Jog Wheel Size and "scratching feel"

kure 3:05 AM - 22 January, 2012
Simple question, just trying to gauge on how it would feel scratching on the VCI-400.
Are the jog wheels on the VCI-400 bigger/smaller/same size as on the VCI-300?

Thing is I find the VCI-300 jog wheel to be perfect size and feel for a portable controller (in terms of scratching), anything smaller might feel a bit cramped. Also if anyone has any experience with scratching accuracy with the vci-400 and Intro, please chime in.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Mathew C 10:40 PM - 22 January, 2012
Hi Kure,

the VCI-300 and 400 platters are the same size.

Mathew
phatbob 10:43 PM - 22 January, 2012
Kure, keep in mind that Intro is very limited in terms of features compared to Itch.

If you are used to Itch you might find yourself spending a lot of money on a 400 and being disappointed.

Just a heads up.
dj_soo 11:35 PM - 22 January, 2012
itch uses a special double-resolution for it's midi though right? Does Intro?
kure 12:09 AM - 23 January, 2012
Thanks

Quote:
Kure, keep in mind that Intro is very limited in terms of features compared to Itch.

If you are used to Itch you might find yourself spending a lot of money on a 400 and being disappointed.

Just a heads up.

Yeah i'm quite aware, but I somehow (maybe stupidly so) have a strong suspicion that Serato will at some point in the future make the VCI-400 work with Itch. Many people were thinking that vestax would just come out with a new itch controller at NAMM 2012, but to me that makes no sense to vestax, why spend more money building more hardware when the vci-400 can handle everything itch has to offer plus more. I just think serato and vestax are working together to bring some type of "upgrade" option in the future to Itch.

Btw any latency issues with the vci-400 and intro?
LJ_WOOLSEY 12:51 PM - 23 January, 2012
^ wow thats alot of money to burn! Serato itch controllers have tobe made for itch with Serato Itch printed on them. So they would have to change this and if they did there would be a shit storm for every contoller on the market to work with itch! I can't ever see that happening and defo not any time soon. I'm hopefull we will see something new from vestax for itch as they will loose money that they could make from itch customers.

I would of expected a new controller from Denon and vestax at least this year.
pdidy 9:59 PM - 6 February, 2012
Quote:
Thanks

Quote:

Just a heads up.

Yeah i'm quite aware, but I somehow (maybe stupidly so) have a strong suspicion that Serato will at some point in the future make the VCI-400 work with Itch. Many people were thinking that vestax would just come out with a new itch controller at NAMM 2012, but to me that makes no sense to vestax, why spend more money building more hardware when the vci-400 can handle everything itch has to offer plus more. I just think serato and vestax are working together to bring some type of "upgrade" option in the future to Itch.

well....sometimes the best way to learn a lesson is by failure.