Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Are cue points set in DJ Intro recognized in Scratch Live?

DJ Den Den 4:37 PM - 13 January, 2012
I have SL3. I would like to be able to review music, experiment and test mixes without having to fire-up all my gear. With SL3 player, yes I can review and set cue points but I can't get the two decks and mix without the box and my CD turntables connected. I'm looking at getting Numark MixTrack Pro specifically for this purpose, but I'd like to know if I set cue points in DJ Intro, will they be recognized in Scratch. If so is it seemless?
peace
DJ Den Den
Mimizuku no Lew 4:48 PM - 13 January, 2012
Why not download it anyway and give it a try? Without a controller it'll run in offline mode where you can set cue points so you should be able to see if it'll do what you want.
DJ Den Den 5:06 PM - 13 January, 2012
Hey Thanks. Great idea. I previously downloaded ITCH 2.1 and it kept hanging so my thoughts were that i needed a controller attached for it to work. Similar thought process for DJ Intro, but will check it out.

I have since removed ITCH fearing it would mess with my SL3. Will try DJ Intro (without controller) and see what happens.
DJ Den Den 12:07 AM - 14 January, 2012
Found the answered is in the DJ Intro manual. Posting it here just in case others have similar questions:
SERATO ITCH / SCRATCH LIVE COMPATIBILITY
Serato DJ Intro uses the same library as Serato ITCH and Scratch Live.
If you are an existing ITCH or Scratch Live user all your music and
cue points will be available in Serato DJ Intro. If you create a library
in Serato DJ Intro and then install ITCH or Scratch Live the music and
cue points from Serato DJ Intro will automatically be available in ITCH
or Scratch Live. Any changes made in either programs will be written
to the library so if you have existing cue points, be aware of this when
moving between systems.
pdidy 1:47 AM - 14 January, 2012
Quote:
Hey Thanks. Great idea. I previously downloaded ITCH 2.1 and it kept hanging so my thoughts were that i needed a controller attached for it to work. Similar thought process for DJ Intro, but will check it out.

I have since removed ITCH fearing it would mess with my SL3. Will try DJ Intro (without controller) and see what happens.

you may also have all 3 (intro, itch, scratchlive) installed at same time with absolutely no issues or conflicts. You just cant RUN them at the same time because as you've just learned, they all use the same library.
DJ Den Den 6:17 AM - 14 January, 2012
Right. I'm not running them at the same time. DJ Intro also crashes. I have since uninstalled both itch and intro.
pdidy 1:43 PM - 15 January, 2012
Why
DJ Den Den 6:52 PM - 15 January, 2012
Both ITCH and DJ Intro crashes or hangs when I start them up. These apps were installed with the download exe from serato. Not sure if there's an incompatibility issue with windows7. I bought Vestax 300 MKII and it has ITCH 1.5 which runs fine but up grading to ITCH 2.1 makes the app hang.
phatbob 7:21 PM - 15 January, 2012
You should post a help request in the VCI-300 section then because 2.1 runs smooth as butter for most people.
DJ Den Den 8:30 PM - 17 January, 2012
Thanks. Yeah I have a help ticket out.
DJ Rocking Ray 6:40 PM - 18 January, 2012
Sorry for the jump in guys but are you guys saying that I can have scratch live and intro both installed at the same time as longs as I don't try to run them both simultaneously?

Reason why I'm asking that in the past, I purchased a Mixtrack pro with (dare I say) virtual dj software then changed over to scratch live with the rane 57 mixer and two vinyl turntables which I use to show off the old school DJing at bars and club jobs then I heard about intro being compatible with the mixtrack as well as being that I heard that both scratch live and intro share the same libraries. I am thinking about using the mixtrack with the intro for just the jobs that require "the basics" but was concern with them both installed on the same computer at the same time!
Thanks in advance guys!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:47 PM - 18 January, 2012
I've ran SSL and Intro at the same time on the same machine. Never had any issues.......it can be done but not recommended.
DJ Den Den 2:14 AM - 19 January, 2012
Unselecting the Show ITunes Library allowed ITCH to run without crashing. Now my external disk drive has CRASHED. Its now useless to me and I now have to rebuild my external drive from a backup.

Returning Vestax VCI 300MKII.
Mimizuku no Lew 2:08 PM - 19 January, 2012
Was your iTunes library stored on the external drive? By the sounds of it the external drive was on its way out anyway, or at least was corrupted. At least you were sensible enough to have a backup.