Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

4-3-2 Decks control on NS6.

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6
Computer
Mac
OS
Platform
-
djsimonse 1:45 AM - 23 December, 2011
Numark NS6 together with a MacBook Air 13" is a fantastic setup. But the 4 decks are taking up too much screen space, if you're mostly playing 2 or 3 decks.

A great solution to this would be, that when you switch a channel from PC to Line/Mic, that channel should disappear on the screen. And back again when you switch back to PC on a channel. Fantastic if you use Stack display mode.

So, who's with me?!
DJ Sidies 10:54 AM - 23 December, 2011
That sounds like a really good idea!
DJNate 2:05 PM - 23 December, 2011
+1
dizzyrocks2001 2:15 PM - 23 December, 2011
I don't even own an NS6 but I'm giving this a idea a +1 just because it's such a logical solution.
Serato, Support
Martin C 4:06 AM - 28 December, 2011
Hi djsimonse,

I like that idea too! It is something that has been requested in the past, especially for people who don't really use the 3rd or 4th deck at all.

We would really like to bring this sort of feature into a future version of ITCH, but I couldn't say for certain, when exactly something like this will happen.

djsimonse 11:56 PM - 10 January, 2012
I'm happy you guys liked the idea and I'm looking forward to the next update. :D
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:02 PM - 28 January, 2012
By the way, I will set this to a "feature request", although I am not making any promises!
djsimonse 11:35 AM - 19 May, 2012
Hi, Martin.

Right now, I actually prefer SL-3 and use Scratch Live & Dicer only because of this issue.

Please fix this as soon as you can. I miss my NS6. ;)
dj lashes 2:37 PM - 19 May, 2012
best idea so far to end the deck problem..
Serato, Support
Martin C 12:04 AM - 20 May, 2012
Indeed, I like the idea also, but unfortunately I cant provide much more information on when this may happen djsimonse.

You will find this request is not uncommon > serato.com so we are aware that many users would want this feature.

However I believe there is much discussion about how/when it will happen, so I could not say for sure when this will feature will be implemented.

1:00 AM, 3 Jun 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.