Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Vestax VCI 400 support in Intro

kolt siewerts 9:19 AM - 15 December, 2011
Hi,
now it's december and a new version of Intro was just released.
But still no support for the VCI 400?
Please let us know when it will be supported.
Cheers,
Kolt
Tim Ashwell 3:41 PM - 15 December, 2011
This question has been asked numerous times now on the forum. but the guys at serato are not replying. however my guess is that if it's not out in the next 24 hrs, we are not going to see it launch until after there christmas and new year break. So all are vci-400's that we paid good money for (after advertising it is compatible) will stay boxed up unless we move to traktor!
Dj cuervo 7:05 PM - 15 December, 2011
It may required a firmware update in order to connect. Just an idea. I think DJ intro support for it is a fail on serato's part. Itch should be the software maybe they had a change of heart. We hope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:24 PM - 15 December, 2011
Support for the VCI-400 is still coming guys. It was never meant to be in the same release as the DDJ-Ergo Intro build. It's not far off - we appreciate your patience! :)
Rrocksteady 9:26 PM - 20 December, 2011
Logan D, i see you quoting "iRobot" too

ha ha....is that,
THE wink??
I.e. 4 deck control??...

im not relying on it...but it would be another big bow
Rrocksteady 4:33 PM - 30 December, 2011
ha...now we know why there is an extended wait forDJ Intro for the vci 400...on the 27th Vestax have just released the asio driver update which comes along with a vci-400 firmware update!!!!

very important because my latency even with optimizer for music software running, i was still getting clicks and pops with 21.7ms!!!!!

in the update info, that was the priority of the updates.....so if you own a vci 400 (like I do lol!) get you firmware update noooooow !
Tim Ashwell 6:37 PM - 30 December, 2011
Thats great if you have a pc you can update your firmware, but pc or mac, most of us still do not have the dj intro software to run our vci 400??????
still no answers Serato?
KelvinBlunder 2:52 AM - 6 January, 2012
Really Angry ..!! Serato ,, Do Somthing !!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 2:53 AM - 6 January, 2012
Its here :)

serato.com

Sam.
Rrocksteady 6:21 PM - 6 January, 2012
lol they've done it !!!
Rrocksteady 9:32 PM - 6 January, 2012
Once i saw it was version 1.0.5 rather than say, Intro L.E or such like, i new my hopes and predictions for 4 track control had gone out the window!!

its a vastly scaled down version of Itch, which it ALWAYS was intended to be,
Serato are looking at the bigger picture, and supporting one particular controller is not in the 'manifesto' of Dj Intro at this time.
Its just an update that now includes the VCI-400, nothing more, nor less....

Itch has the passion, traktor has the control, when those 2 concepts finaly 'marry',
I'll be in 7th heaven !!
until then..
I can play what software i like, when i like..

HALLELUJAH !!!!