Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Can you Record On Serato DJ Intro?

Product
Serato DJ Intro
Version
Hardware
Numark Mixtrack Pro
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJ RetroActive 2:44 PM - 4 December, 2011
Can You Record On Numark Mixtrack Pro With Serato DJ Intro?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:59 AM - 6 December, 2011
Hey DJ RetroActive,

There is no recording ability with Serato DJ Intro.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 1:10 AM - 6 December, 2011
You can use a 3rd party app like Audacity, its free and its pretty good.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:25 AM - 6 December, 2011
Quote:
You can use a 3rd party app like Audacity, its free and its pretty good.

Yes you could download and install a program like Audacity, and take an output of the controller and run it into the line-input of your computer to record. I would recommend recording it into a separate computer as having two programs running like this can be quite taxing on your CPU.

You can free download Audacity here if you want to give this a go : audacity.sourceforge.net
DJ Dit-E 2:24 AM - 14 December, 2011
What if our lame controller only has one output? How would I be able to manage that? The Typhoon came with VDJ, which blows, but has a recording component built-in...making another output, somewhat, pointless. Thoughts? I've been trying to figure this out since downloading Intro, lol...no luck yet.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:15 AM - 14 December, 2011
Guess it really doesnt blow that bad.............
hmm, lets see, I dont know, maybe try a splitter.............coming off your master output which then goes to your speakers and the other goes to your line in on your laptop, which then gets routed into a recorder............hmm........something free maybe like.............wait for it..........AUDACITY...........simple stuff my friend, good luck.
DJ Dit-E 4:08 AM - 14 December, 2011
Well, just the overall quality of VDJ LE, in my eyes, is far less than DJ Intro. The quality of the UI, Latency, and Control is far superior than VDJ, which, in my eyes, makes it blow...hard.

Also, I understand that the concept is simple, but running from RCA, to 1/4" (to my amp) and 1/8" back into the terrible quality line-in port that came with my laptop isn't the ideal way of doing things. I've done karaoke shows and simple mixing with VDJ and know my way around connecting to house sound or to my own.

I'm just going off of the "Plug and Play" aspect of this introductory DJ software. If I knew I would have to purchase a new splitter to Plug, Plug, Plug, and hope my crappy computer plays in order to record...I wouldn't have teased myself. Haha, beginner DJ's like to record things to show to people, too.
Azrorz 9:20 PM - 27 December, 2011
I completely agree with DJ Dit-e here, I am in the same situation, I enjoy mixing with Serato DJ intro much much more than VDJ, however the fact it cant record really is a major downfall which is very disappointing.
DJ_Instigator 3:10 PM - 29 December, 2011
The line in on your laptop should be fine...I've recorded plenty @ 320k and they sound great...with a splitter and without. If your laptop is too "crappy" it may be time to upgrade. Remember the old saying "garbage in, garbage out".
DJ Dit-E 7:42 PM - 29 December, 2011
Can I borrow $900? Haha, it's been time to upgrade for a long time...unfortunately, my bank account has much more to say about it than I do, lol.
8:00 PM, 12 Jan 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.