Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

New Update!

Prime-X 7:25 AM - 30 August, 2004
Serato thank you for the update, the software works really good including bpm display...awesome!!! Thank you again!!! :)

I have another suggestion, is there anyway you can make a 4 or 5 button hotstart on each side of ssl? I like to mix fast sometimes specially when you are showing of your skills. Is there any ways you guys can included this on your next update or upgrade, that'll be so cool though if you guys can....P L E A S E !!!!

2nd is, it'll be great if you guys can release a controller for ssl that supports all the features of it including 8 or 10 hotstarts.

3rd, record function, I said this before but I think I wrote it wrong. What I meant on this is it'll record all the music you played that time you mix with ssl. It does not suppose to be wave or mp3 files just text files so you know what got played for more than 2 minutes on each songs.
This is good for professional mixing and list for people you did a gig for. I'm not talking about creating a playlist so don't get confuse on that, just recorder to record track names and artist.

4th, bpm that follows with the tempo. That'll be really sweet if bpm does change on this when you change the tempo, but does not write on the id3 tags. what ever you write on the id3 tags it will not be change only the thing that'll change is the display on top (both sides) nothing permanent.

5th, pitch control. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put a pitch control on this thing PLEASE. Some times a like to put up R&B and Hip-Hop more 10% on tempo but not to change the pitch control, i like to hear the original voice not like chipmunks voice. I know you guys at serato are really smart people, I know you guys can do this P L E A S E!!!
Prime-X 7:37 AM - 30 August, 2004
Oh, almost forgot about this, display on top on each side is not enough for titles and artists, they're names often does not fit. Can you guys make this scroll side ways or going up or just make the display a lot more bigger or text a lot smaller. That's my 6th update. Thank you once more for the update.
Prime-X 5:55 PM - 1 September, 2004
Serato what do you think or guys I need suggestion?
SpinThis! 9:04 PM - 1 September, 2004
most of the features you suggested have already been taken into consideration by the team. search the forum. the last i heard, changing tempo while maintaing pitch is probably coming in the forum of an optional dsp plugin.

and as for suggestion #6, you can scroll horizontal as well as vertical. in addition, you can change the column size to whatever you want by dragging the seperator.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 9:42 PM - 1 September, 2004
I think Prime-X is talking about the large writing at the top of the screen.

1. coming in version 1.2
2. rather than come out with our own controller, you're much more likely to see support for any midi controller
3. we are working on the ability to export the "review" list
4. coming in version 1.2
5. coming as a plug-in
Prime-X 12:18 AM - 2 September, 2004
do you guys have any idea when this thing is coming out.
feniks 2:03 AM - 2 September, 2004
beta is being tested right now. should be within a couple weeks i assume.
12micsn1 3:48 AM - 2 September, 2004
wow a midi controller would be nice if it was part of the mixer. hmm...hopefully it also has a usb port built in
lancota 4:39 PM - 2 September, 2004
holy sh*t.... you guys are movin fast!!!!!!
Prime-X 11:59 PM - 2 September, 2004
Steve W, is beta really getting tested right now for all this feature I mentioned, when will it comes out if theres any? Ohh, plug-ins can't wait to get them, mmmmmm... :)
PIPEone 4:00 AM - 19 September, 2004
whens 1.2?
12micsn1 1:47 AM - 20 September, 2004
some of the features i notice with other dj software programs is the support for different types of controller hardware products. I know SSl supports both cdjs and turntables but adding support for other dj tools seems like a good way to further to expand on with midi controllers
Prime-X 2:39 AM - 20 September, 2004
When is the version 1.2 coming out and the plug-ins? I can't wait to get hold of that. "It'll be mine mine mine...my precious".
Serato
Josh 4:36 AM - 20 September, 2004
Come on guys, it's pretty common knowledge "if we knew we'd tell you, if we haven't told you, don't ask"

1.2 is in beta testing, but the cycle is likely to be an extended one, due to the amount of features being added.
Prime-X 7:12 AM - 20 September, 2004
I can't wait for...I feel like a little kid waiting to open his gifts.
Xspringe 9:55 PM - 21 September, 2004
If you plan on MIDI support, please do make sure that there's sufficient bits for functions which require a resolution for adequate usability (e.g. pitch bend, pitch). Standard 128 values for something as pitch fader is simply not enough.

On a more general strategic note: it'd be smart to release your own controller. Hardware is one of the most effective (but most certainly not the only!) methods of generating revenue in the modern economics with it's declining value of information.
It'd be foolish (IMHO) not to at least have a Rane hardware controller available for serato scratch alongside with other pre-existing controllers already out there.
It's really quite obvious from a economics as well as a quality of service POV.
lo-fi 8:23 AM - 24 September, 2004
Xspringe, try to sound a little more arrogant. Your feature suggestions will sound much better.

(aight, just be glad you weren't in high school with me...)