DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

New Vinyl

eder 5:05 PM - 28 August, 2004
Do you guys have a ballpark date (month/year, or whatever) of when the new vinyl should be getting released? My records are getting to the point of replacement in a couple of months @ the latest and i was wondering if i should buy the old records or wait til the new ones come out. thanks!
Jesus Saves
eder
Serato
Josh 9:54 PM - 29 August, 2004
moved to general, I'll see what I can see of the ballpark later today.
Serato
Josh 4:50 AM - 31 August, 2004
ok we're getting test pressings in the next few days, once we have those a realistic ballpark date of release should be forthcoming, once we have a chance to really put them through their paces.
yuri 6:23 PM - 13 September, 2004
any updates on this?
DJ 3pm 7:54 PM - 13 September, 2004
the updated ssl manual says that they will be out in late october
Serato
Josh 10:12 PM - 13 September, 2004
We have the test pressings (which were held up at the plant) and are currently testing them thoroughly.
yuri 2:17 AM - 15 September, 2004
thanks.. any idea how quick rane gets out there vinlys from there outlet store? do they ship out the next day or does it take a while.. thanks!
Serato
Josh 2:31 AM - 15 September, 2004
Not sure I'll get the Rane guys to fill you in.
yuri 2:41 AM - 15 September, 2004
actually i meant to say for the regular vinyls..
Serato
Josh 2:44 AM - 15 September, 2004
yeah the turnaround should stand though.
pgroves 12:40 PM - 15 September, 2004
Getting the new vinyl is crucial for me, as I do long trance and house mixes - will the new vinyl be available in the UK, and if so when and where? Will it be obvious from retailers that it is the new vinyl they are selling?

If not, can I order direct from the US? I won't to make sure I get the new vinyl, not the old vinyl when I order,

Thanks

Paul
Serato
Josh 12:43 PM - 15 September, 2004
whatever it takes, we will ensure you're able to get the new vinyl.
pgroves 1:27 PM - 15 September, 2004
Quote:
whatever it takes, we will ensure you're able to get the new vinyl.

Okay - this is good news! :-)

I've yet to buy SSL myself, have only used a friend's system so far, which I've been very impressed with, apart from the pitch drift issue. However, I'm thinking of buying SSL soon (probably from here: www.djstore.co.uk ). If I buy SSL now, how long will it be before I can get hold of the new vinyl in the UK?

Thanks

Paul
Couin 3:34 PM - 15 September, 2004
Normaly, the new vinyls will be named CV02 whereas the old vinyls are named CV01.
pgroves 5:01 PM - 15 September, 2004
Quote:
Normaly, the new vinyls will be named CV02 whereas the old vinyls are named CV01.

Thanks for the info.

Paul
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:34 PM - 15 September, 2004
Quote:
thanks.. any idea how quick rane gets out there vinlys from there outlet store? do they ship out the next day or does it take a while.. thanks!

Hi Yuri,

All web orders usually ship within the next business day. You can also call me to place the replacement vinyl order, if you prefer, and I will personally make sure your order is sent the next business day (at the latest).
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:41 PM - 15 September, 2004
Quote:
Getting the new vinyl is crucial for me, as I do long trance and house mixes - will the new vinyl be available in the UK, and if so when and where? Will it be obvious from retailers that it is the new vinyl they are selling?

If not, can I order direct from the US? I won't to make sure I get the new vinyl, not the old vinyl when I order,

Thanks

Paul
We can not sell replacement vinyl direct outside the U.S., but I talked with Sennheiser (our UK distributor). They told me that anybody having trouble finding replacement SL control signal records within the UK should contact Sennheiser directly.

Sennheiser UK Ltd.
3 Century Point
Halifax Road
Buckinghamshire HP12 35L
Email: info@sennheiser.co.uk
Tel: 44 1494 551551
Fax: 44 1494 551550

ALSO:

If anyone else is having trouble finding SL control records thier country, we recommend contacting our international Rane distributor/s within your country. For a list of international Rane distributors please look here www.rane.com
tashafa 6:03 PM - 15 September, 2004
Quote:
Quote:

Hi Yuri,

All web orders usually ship within the next business day. You can also call me to place the replacement vinyl order, if you prefer, and I will personally make sure your order is sent the next business day (at the latest).

are u refering to the new vinyls?
SpinThis! 6:06 PM - 15 September, 2004
new vinyls? if you're talking about the "corrected" vinyl, it's not out yet. october sometime last i read...
BassChamber 10:19 PM - 16 September, 2004
thanks Steve, you rock!

btw, could new vinyl groove start 1 centimeter far from the vinyl edge?

some battle & breaks vinyl have a "blank" zone at the beginning. the groove (that is, the sound) start 1 centimeter far from vinyl edge.

you know, scratching on the edge of a vinyll is not good... needle tends to skip, even more if vinyl is warped.
Stuart Ramdeen 11:07 PM - 16 September, 2004
Quote:
thanks Steve, you rock!

btw, could new vinyl groove start 1 centimeter far from the vinyl edge?

some battle & breaks vinyl have a "blank" zone at the beginning. the groove (that is, the sound) start 1 centimeter far from vinyl edge.

you know, scratching on the edge of a vinyll is not good... needle tends to skip, even more if vinyl is warped.

the 'track start offset' feature will make that problem go away.

;-)
stu
yuri 6:40 PM - 18 September, 2004
FYI I ordered a replacement vinyl on wed and chose USPS shipping.. and it arrived today, saturday.. im located in boston, ma

very pleased.. thank you
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:37 AM - 19 September, 2004
Hi Yuri,

Thank you for your purchase. :)