Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

just wondering about sound output.

SleepWalkNick 2:54 AM - 7 November, 2011
basically im getting into djing, and looking at mixtrack pro, but i was wondering if the output will be from the RCA on the back of the mixtrack or the soundcard in my macbook, or can this be changed, i want to take this seriously and if you think that i would be better off saving up for actuall cdj's and a mixer or to get a mixtrack pro to learn the basics on, thanks in advance guys
Nick
DJ_Instigator 11:59 AM - 7 November, 2011
The Mixtrack Pro has a built-in sound card. if you use DJ Intro, the sound will only come from there and not the laptop. As for "saving up", that is your decision. I am a professional DJ, and have been off and on for 20 years. I currently use a MixDeck, which is not really considered pro equipment, but at any of my gigs, I can mix jut as goo as someone with higher end equipment. It's all about practice.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Samuel S 9:59 PM - 9 November, 2011
Hey SleepWalkNick,

As DJ_Instigator has mentioned the Numark Mixtrack Pro has an inbuilt soundcard which will be used to output audio when using Serato DJ Intro.

The Mixtrack Pro is a good entry level controller. I would recommend it if you are starting out especially as it is relatively inexpensive and you can see if you are really into it!

Just my opinion though :) I'll move this to the Serato DJ Intro general discussion as the other users on the forum may have some more insight.
Sam.
9:59 PM, 9 Nov 2011
Discussion moved to Serato DJ Intro General Discussion