Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

VCII 300 MKII Problem with the firmware update using ITCH 2.0 ( NO MKI )

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Vestax VCI-300 + Vestax VFX-1
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
Juan Manuel Tijoux 9:34 PM - 4 November, 2011
I have updated the firmware of VCI 300 MKII with older version of ITCH ( 2.0 ) . This problem is current on vci 300 mkI , but no in MKII . The vci after updating with 2.0 is dead :( , the itch detecting a controller , and the 2 decks , the power light is on , but no sending signal to the computer ( DATA LIGHT ) , midi-ox NO DETECTING A MIDI SIGNAL OR CONTROLLER . Please i need help , i need a tool for rescue my older version of firmware , or a guide for how to resolve this problem.

Greetings.

Juan Manuel Tijoux.- Client from South America , Chile , Santiago.

Juan Manuel Tijoux.- A client from South America , Chile , Santiago.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 12:35 AM - 7 November, 2011
Hey Juan Manuel Tijoux,

Unfortunately it sounds like the VCI-300 is bricked. But the good news is that it can be fixed. The easiest way to sort this out is probably to contact Vestax Support. You will find the phone numbers and email addresses here : serato.com
They will let you know what you need to do to get it fixed.

Let me know if you have any other questions :)
Juan Manuel Tijoux 1:34 AM - 7 November, 2011
Ok. Thanks. But my country don't have a Vestax Support or repair center.
I am in contact with the japan and USA support , i am reporting :) .

PD: Sorry for my poor English , but my primary lenguaje is Spanish .

Greetings!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 4:35 AM - 8 November, 2011
No problem. Let me know how you go :)
Juan Manuel Tijoux 1:39 PM - 8 November, 2011
I am in contact with Ron (vestax). The only solution to repair is technical service vestax allowed in my country. Apparently only requires re installation firmware otherwise necessary change motherboard ;( (approximately 350 USD dollars)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:06 AM - 11 November, 2011
Okay so are you going to get it sent in for repair? Is Ron helping you with that?
Juan Manuel Tijoux 2:54 AM - 11 November, 2011
Yes , Ron help me.
I'm sending the controller to vestax seller in my country , for repairing . In two more weeks i have the diagnostic . OMG! i need much luck :(!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 1:23 AM - 15 November, 2011
Okay well at least it's going to get repaired now.

I will close this thread now but if you have any other questions or need my help with anything please feel free to re-open it :)
Juan Manuel Tijoux 9:47 PM - 18 November, 2011
Ok , too bad news :( , 450 dollars for repair!!!! :0 , please , i need the firmware file from vci 300 mkii for flashing a PIC microcontroller , please you can send me?

greetins...
Juan Manuel Tijoux 1:27 AM - 19 November, 2011
Quote:
Ok , too bad news :( , 450 dollars for repair!!!! :0 , please , i need the firmware file from vci 300 mkii for flashing a PIC microcontroller , please you can send me?

greetins...

Is there a tool to format the firmware? the service technician told me that the quickest solution is to change the motherboard (but more expensive), the other solution is to reprogram the microcontroller firmware (but you need the firmware file) that is not the console all dead, as the program detects the version of firmware.

You have a firmware file?

Greetings.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:25 PM - 21 November, 2011
Unfortunately I don't have this file. The firmware is all done on Vestax's end so there's not much I can do to help I'm afraid.

You might want to ring Vestax support team again and ask them about this firmware file.
I have never heard of this before.
12:00 AM, 6 Dec 2011
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Juan Manuel Tijoux 10:00 PM - 6 January, 2012
Hi Logan , the service technician in my country (Chile, Fancy Music) dont have the mainboard spare, making it impossible to repair and they do not know how to import the parts. You have this spare? or the posibility for import this spare from japan to united states and send me the mainboard to my P.O box in miami and sending me to my country (Chile) ?

Greetings.
Juan Manuel Tijoux 10:08 PM - 9 January, 2012
Please , you can help me?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:12 PM - 9 January, 2012
Hey Juan,

Unfortunately I can't be much help with this as these are Vestax parts and we are only involved with software sides of things. What you would need to do is get in touch with the support personal again (link above), or one of the Vestax distributors which you can find here : www.vestax.com

If you are still having trouble getting it repaired let me know and I will flag one of the Vestax support members to jump in this thread and help you out.
Juan Manuel Tijoux 10:24 PM - 9 January, 2012
Thanks Logan , i'm informing you about this. :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 10:35 PM - 9 January, 2012
Let me know what they say!
jsimeonf 3:47 PM - 11 January, 2012
GOOD NEWS. I have the vestax vci-300 firmware recovery file. If anyone needs it email me at sonfroy@hotmail.com and i will send it to you. My vci-300 crashed after the firmware update and I used this file and in 3 minutes it was back working by following the instructions.
3:48 PM, 11 Jan 2012
jsimeonf attached a file: VCI-300 firmware recovery.zip
Download· Permalink
jsimeonf 3:49 PM - 11 January, 2012
hope this file works here if does not still email me
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 2:23 AM - 17 January, 2012
Is this the file that Vestax support gave to you? Is this for PC only?
DjAkuma777 5:04 AM - 19 January, 2012
Quote:
GOOD NEWS. I have the vestax vci-300 firmware recovery file. If anyone needs it email me at sonfroy@hotmail.com and i will send it to you. My vci-300 crashed after the firmware update and I used this file and in 3 minutes it was back working by following the instructions.

me please my vci is bricked as well and i dont have 500 dollars to throw at vestax after they gave me two lemons so if you can send me that recovery file my email is whitteey@yahoo.com
TINO DJ 5:07 PM - 20 January, 2012
Hi,
I also have the same problem, after updating my firmware my controller went dead.... can you please email me the "firmware recovery file".... Please!!!

my email is: justinoosegueda1@aol.com

I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Tino Dj
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 11:15 PM - 22 January, 2012
Guys if you have a bricked VCI-300 I would suggest getting in touch with Vestax support personally and they can help you with getting it fixed : serato.com

Obviously you are welcome to try this recovery file but you are doing so at your own risk! I haven't seen this file being used before so I can not guarantee it will work.

Let me know how you all go and if you have any questions :)
10:00 PM, 20 Feb 2012
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.
Juan Manuel Tijoux 11:29 PM - 21 February, 2012
Quote:

Hey! man , please , you can send me the file to my email ? juanmatigo@gmail.com! , thanks bro!
Juan Manuel Tijoux 4:02 PM - 22 February, 2012
Quote:

Ok , i have the tool , but this not working... , the program says 100% completed and im turn off the console and turn on , but not sending data signal to the computer....

is there any way that I have not done correctly? , 100% after the program says "completed" and I turn off the console ... but when you turn this still does not work ... , You have another firmware file (* bin) for the model of my console? (MK) thanks!
9:25 PM, 22 Feb 2012
Juan Manuel Tijoux attached a file: For VCI300.rar
Download· Permalink
9:26 PM, 22 Feb 2012
Juan Manuel Tijoux attached a file: For VCI300 MKII.rar
Download· Permalink
Juan Manuel Tijoux 9:27 PM - 22 February, 2012
ITS WORKING!!! WOWOW!! AFTER TWO MONTHS! I HAVE THE FIRMWARES!! FOR MKI AND MKII!! , please moderator , up these post in important contents!!

PD: tHE ATTACHED FILES ITS FOR REPAIR (RE FLASHING) THE : Vci 300 and Vci 300 MKII WITH MANUAL!
PD2: The new Vestax era!!
PD3: If you do have a problem with you controller , please send me a email and i help you :)
f.pavel 1:05 AM - 26 January, 2014
Any chance to download For VCI300.rar with For VCI300 MKII.rar

much appreciate for time and support !
Juan Manuel Tijoux 12:24 AM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:

Send me an email. I have the files!

Regards.
Juan Manuel Tijoux 12:24 AM - 27 January, 2014
Quote:

Juanmatigo@gmail.com
JDforKing 5:21 PM - 26 January, 2015
Quote:
Quote:

Juanmatigo@gmail.com

I just sent you an email regarding the firmware file for the vci 300 mk2
Dimitris Kafantaris 9:33 AM - 22 November, 2015
Greetings, looking for the vci300mk2 firmware file as well. Thanks for any reply and apologies for the thread necromancy.
silver crown sound 11:37 AM - 1 December, 2015
hello everyone i am looking for the vci300mk2 firmware file if anyone has it thank you