Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

What's All The Fuss About People

Souls Liberation 7:29 PM - 30 October, 2011
Over the time i've been viewing the forum, it amazes me to see the simple things that people fuss about. To keep this short, if Serato wants to make a software which is entry level... it's not a prob but a wise move and i think they've made it clear about the purpose of the DJ Intro software also. I mean to each his own but c'mon people, don't stress too much. Up till now, not one of the V2 of Itch will load the crates and songs onto my Mac (also the same for DJ Intro) and i'm still happy that my V1.7.1 and the ones before still works tight with my VCI-300 and i still deliver the vibes wherever i go to lay down some tunes. Never had a crash, never had an issue and i could'nt care less if the new Itch 2 looks like Scratch Live or whatever. My point is, i've been to some places and people would give all they have to own a decent setup yet some of these people throwdown a vibes with what they've got. So we should count ourselves lucky that we can afford certain software by purchasing the controllers for them and lucky that Serato has made dj-ing a bit more affordable for some. Just to say also that when everyone was beating up themselves about adding beat grid to the Itch software... i found a way to use the Vestax VCI-300 with the VFX1 to make beatgrid and i even wondered if Serato & Vestax realise the units can do that on their own. So therefore, i don't use the beatgrid function in the Itch software. So stop fussing and go figure out how to do this. It requires time , patience and brain space and i feel this is what Serato uses to give us excellent products. Things can go wrong but we try until we succeed. Thanks Serato and a massive thanks to Vestax also. Excellent team work and both of you and keep the products coming as you make dj-ing for me more fun, creative and easy to travel. Just to say that when i started to dj... i used double deck cassettes players to rock my crowd plus do mixed tapes for them graduated to vinyl then to cds now MP3s and this is thanks to technology. I remember the days of burning my vinyl collections to cds and it took me 2 and half years to transfer my cd collection to MP3s and I mean actually in total 4 days every week for this period as I had a portable converter so this is where I embrace technology. So I'm grateful when the developers and product makers do their work, even if something goes wrong they'll correct it. I guess we all are different and that's what maks the world goes round, but sometimes we do use some uneccessary energy when we can channel it to more productive directions. Looking forward to getting my VCI-400 soon and enjoy whatever job it does (ie even mapping it to my Itch V1.7.1). All my best to Serato, Vestax and everyone in the music djing fraternity. Lets all keep rocking.