Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato Dj Intro and protected ACC files

traywigs 4:09 PM - 30 October, 2011
I have recently downloaded and installed Dj Intro and using it with my Mixdeck. The set up was flawless and I'm enjoying the tight integration between the two. I was attempting to build my first set with Intro and as it is it can not open protected Acc files from Itunes. while the number of protect files i have in my collection is a small number it would cool if i can open these files. I plan on upgrading to Itch within a couple of months with the Numark V7s I wonder if Itch has this same hang up.
phatbob 1:48 PM - 31 October, 2011
You can't use protected AAC files with any Serato software, or indeed Traktor and the like.

Those files are crappy 128K quality anyway, what you should do is go into the iTunes store and upgrade them to iTunes Plus, it doesn't cost much at all.

That will remove the protection and give you higher quality 256K versions of your tracks.
traywigs 10:26 PM - 31 October, 2011
Good info I will go to Itunes tonight to see about upgrading. thanx
traywigs 10:53 PM - 31 October, 2011
Phatbob thanx a million. I was totally unaware of the upgrade option in itunes, I updated my 39 tunes for 10 bucks thats about .30 cent apiece now i can use all of my files with Intro. the difference in sound is obviously better. thanx man.
phatbob 11:53 AM - 2 November, 2011
Glad to help traywigs. Enjoy your new software!