Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

pitch control via GUI please

anselm meyer 12:21 PM - 8 October, 2011
i d need a pitch control that i can set with the mouse for auditioning tracks at various speeds with no controller attached
LJ_WOOLSEY 7:52 PM - 8 October, 2011
Ha ya sure. That aint never going to happen.
anselm meyer 8:38 PM - 8 October, 2011
ok. why?
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:14 PM - 8 October, 2011
because you could just huck up two computers and dj without buying any hardware.
anselm meyer 9:46 PM - 8 October, 2011
so you imply one would pay extra money on buying a second laptop rather than a dj controller and would be willing to manual beat-match instead of the automatic beat-matching?
mmm.. maybe you will have to reconsider your argument :)
LJ_WOOLSEY 9:55 PM - 8 October, 2011
Not really as SERATO make 100% £0 from that way! and thats is why serato does not have this option. obviosly your not the first to request this since 2004!

WHY the hell do you need pitch control on the offline player???
WarpNote 11:09 PM - 8 October, 2011
anselm meyer, LJ_WOOLSEY is right. Serato makes its money through licenses on the controllers. Not many people would buy 2 computers to DJ that way as you point out, but most households already have more than 1 computer, so why would they buy a controller in the first place then?

If you really "need" to listen to your songs pitched up or down there is a lot of other software that can do this for you....
anselm meyer 8:35 AM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
anselm meyer, LJ_WOOLSEY is right. Serato makes its money through licenses on the controllers. Not many people would buy 2 computers to DJ that way as you point out, but most households already have more than 1 computer, so why would they buy a controller in the first place then?

If you really "need" to listen to your songs pitched up or down there is a lot of other software that can do this for you....

i have not been aware of serato`s business model. i agree that there is other software that can do the job even if on a Mac. mixx does it for example. i just happened to try serato first.
however i would be surprised if anyone would use 2 computers lacking the automaic beat-matching. i assume that this is a major feature for many, be it for convenience or to free up capacity to creatively shape the set.
WarpNote 8:55 AM - 9 October, 2011
I've been a serato user for over 4 years (ScratchLive), there is no sync button in there.
I really can't see no reason why Serato would implement a offline pitch control...
anselm meyer 9:53 AM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
I've been a serato user for over 4 years (ScratchLive), there is no sync button in there.
I really can't see no reason why Serato would implement a offline pitch control...

"Serato Sync locks tracks together for seamless grooves"
serato.com
WarpNote 10:01 AM - 9 October, 2011
Guess you need to read what I wrote.. : "In Scratch LIve there is NO sync button..."
It has been debated for God knows how many years....

And I don't think you'll ever see a offline pitch in Intro .
If you "need" it, there is Ableton, Mixx, www.algoriddim.com traktor etc...