Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Vestax or Numark?

RAMPING 2:02 AM - 4 October, 2011
Their coming out with a bunch of products, i'm actually thinking of picking one up for local house parties and small events.

-Whats your guys opinion?

Theirs so many options to choose from Numark and Vestax, their both pretty economical but whats the best for less?
Lawrence 9:21 PM - 6 October, 2011
Yep was looking at them for the same thing, as well as after party's so I don't have to lug the gear around.

Was looking at the Numark mix track pro but some of the features of Dj Intro like auto loop do not work and it also has 'simple' beat matching (whatever that is).

It appears to be resonably priced but depends on what features you want.
Lawrence 9:21 PM - 6 October, 2011
Yep was looking at them for the same thing, as well as after party's so I don't have to lug the gear around.

Was looking at the Numark mix track pro but some of the features of Dj Intro like auto loop do not work and it also has 'simple' beat matching (whatever that is).

It appears to be resonably priced but depends on what features you want.
RAMPING 9:45 PM - 6 October, 2011
I'll only get it if its cheap and has good features.
Dj Ace 3:47 AM - 7 October, 2011
it actually look pretty dope for the price...I currently use a Rane 68/Rane 57 and also a vci 300 but i must say it has a nice feature set and its FREE...

Watchwww.youtube.com
DJMIYAGI 5:20 PM - 8 October, 2011
I'm gonna get the MixDeck Quad. Not cheap(999.99) but my reason behind getting one is I can show the new guys at my company how to mix on Intro, and I can use it with SSL with either timecode CDs or hook up the 1200s. I feel I'll get much use out of a controller like that.
Lawrence 4:49 AM - 10 October, 2011
I think I'll get the mixtrack pro today. Seams to be cheapest, around $400 and $1600 for the N4. Just for house party's it should be ok . If not I'll look for a 2nd hand N4 later on.
RickD 2:04 AM - 11 October, 2011
Quote:
I think I'll get the mixtrack pro today. Seams to be cheapest, around $400 and $1600 for the N4. Just for house party's it should be ok . If not I'll look for a 2nd hand N4 later on.

I love the Mixtrack Pro, I have rocked the club with it, I have done weddings, bday parties, everything with it.....
Dj Ace 2:05 AM - 11 October, 2011
are the jogs responsive enough to scratch and beat match?
RickD 4:03 AM - 11 October, 2011
yeah u can easily beat match with it, I found the jogs more responsive straight out the box with Serato DJ Intro than with VDJ, had to do some tweaking...I'm not the greatest scratcher but I find that the Mixtrack Pro get's the job done...I have saw videos on youtube of ppl scratching like hell on it...It's definately worth the money especially now that you can get a Serato product with it..
Dj Ace 4:06 AM - 11 October, 2011
good info...especially for new and beginner DJs
Dj Ace 4:06 AM - 11 October, 2011
or even for a backup at gigs...plus it plays CDs and flash drives
RickD 4:31 AM - 11 October, 2011
the mixtrack pro does not play cd's....that would be the Mixdeck that plays cds...
Dj Ace 5:17 AM - 11 October, 2011
ahhh ok