Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Intro for sl2 and sl3 Please!

DJ-SHUFFLE 10:41 PM - 29 September, 2011
why not?
CamoHiddenDJ 10:45 PM - 29 September, 2011
No the real question is... why would you?

I mean if SSL has too many features for you, then you might just wanna go out and just buy a crate of records.
DJ-SHUFFLE 10:57 PM - 29 September, 2011
Dont hate man!!iam in love with my SSL :) i just wanna use SDJI with my controllers for small gigs.
DJ Trik Nixon 11:48 PM - 29 September, 2011
if you have and sl2/3 why not just use regular serato. if you have the controlers and want to play with them, why do you have sl2/3?
DJ-SHUFFLE 11:56 PM - 29 September, 2011
i keep SSL for the serious gigs not for small partys
DJ-SHUFFLE 11:59 PM - 29 September, 2011
What about Serato hybride?
DJ-SHUFFLE 11:59 PM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
What about Serato hybride?

:P Joke!
DJChad72 4:45 AM - 30 September, 2011
What controllers do you have? Why cant you just map them to SSL?
texmexxx 10:27 PM - 30 September, 2011
+1 Compatibility would make my sl3 more versatile.
skratchworx 10:54 PM - 30 September, 2011
Serato DJ Intro is all about plug and plug for controllers. I witnessed it today - install and running with a controller in 90 seconds. I doubt you'll see support for external interfaces any time soon, if ever.
DJChad72 11:29 PM - 30 September, 2011
Exactly - which is why if you look at SSL there are plenty of controllers that will plug and play with SSL and use the SSL audio for output.

If you take an Denon HC5000 and rack mount it with a 4 channel 19" rack mount mixer... into a 8-10 space mixer rack... you have basically all the compactness of a controller, but with analog equipment... that is fully compatible with SSL. Then bring long your CDJ or TT's when needed in their individual cases and connect them with your 19" 4Ch mixer.

Its really a very flexible setup. You can use ITCH or SSL w/ the HC5000. You have your analog capabilities to hook in analog players. And honestly, the HC5000 is currently hovering around the same price range as most of the Intro Controllers. Definitely something to consider if you are already a serious DJ, but looking for a compact option.

www.google.com
DJ-SHUFFLE 1:08 AM - 1 October, 2011
Quote:
Exactly - which is why if you look at SSL there are plenty of controllers that will plug and play with SSL and use the SSL audio for output.

If you take an Denon HC5000 and rack mount it with a 4 channel 19" rack mount mixer... into a 8-10 space mixer rack... you have basically all the compactness of a controller, but with analog equipment... that is fully compatible with SSL. Then bring long your CDJ or TT's when needed in their individual cases and connect them with your 19" 4Ch mixer.

Its really a very flexible setup. You can use ITCH or SSL w/ the HC5000. You have your analog capabilities to hook in analog players. And honestly, the HC5000 is currently hovering around the same price range as most of the Intro Controllers. Definitely something to consider if you are already a serious DJ, but looking for a compact option.

www.google.com

thank you very much chad :) i have a hercule rmx sound card a midi controller but i dont think that i can ma into SSL...
DJChad72 3:48 AM - 3 October, 2011
If you look around your rig, you will find equipment you could sell on ebay... like your RMX and possible mixer. For instance, the RMX is selling used for $150. The Denon DN-HC5000 for ITCH for around $200-300. For $250-325 you could get the Denon X500 19" mixer. Not sure what mixer you have now, but check your resell value to soften the blow.

It is a big upgrade in sound, compatibility, and flexibility with the software. I would definitely look into it - you may find you could use your controller setup a lot more. You back will thank you! lol
mr187 4:13 AM - 5 October, 2011
Quote:
Dont hate man!!iam in love with my SSL :) i just wanna use SDJI with my controllers for small gigs.

+1 Iwas about to uninstall traktor until i saw it only use limited interfaces
I use ssl for giging but it can't do auto play without gaps like for small gigs or when the club is just starting and you want to sit at the bar until people come
DJChad72 4:32 AM - 5 October, 2011
I don't know if you all have tried this bu you can easily use your laptops headphone out jack to play a continuous playlist as input into your mixer or controller aux in (like all ITCH devices have). In iTunes you can control the universal fade in and out timing as well. Therefore making it very radio like with no dead zones in the transitions. Given alll you need is iTunes and a 1/8" to RCA cable, it's a very cheap way to solve this challenge.

I have done CD release parties where I needed to play the continuous play mix album before my set, socialize to pass out materials and do give aways. This works extremely well with little to no hassle.