Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Itch vs Intro

StevenWayne 5:39 PM - 29 September, 2011
What's the main differences? they seem to do just about the same thing, and look the same.. What can i expect from Intro that Itch doesn't offer, or vice versa. Thanks
RAMPING 7:07 PM - 29 September, 2011
yeeeee
wadup 7:47 PM - 29 September, 2011
intro have less efx, less sampler banks, less view option. there will be no new feature added to it, while itch will continue to progress.
Kmxorbit 9:13 PM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
intro have less efx, less sampler banks, less view option. there will be no new feature added to it, while itch will continue to progress.

R U sure about this?
StevenWayne 9:21 PM - 29 September, 2011
thanks guys. can we get a Mod to confirm the differences?
Logisticalstyles 9:26 PM - 29 September, 2011
Itch uses better hardware that is not going to sound like shit in the clubs. Intro is designed for home users so it uses cheaper hardware.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Logan D 9:31 PM - 29 September, 2011
Serato DJ Intro provides a way for people who don't already own ITCH or Scratch Live to get into DJing with a smaller feature set and compact controllers. Serato DJ Intro doesn't have any features that ITCH or Scratch Live don't already have, so existing owners aren't missing out on anything ;)
StevenWayne 9:43 PM - 29 September, 2011
Thanks Logan. I currently use ssl and itch. Wouldnt mind having options, depending on my gig. Using DJ Intro may give me options to buying other controllers for specific gigs.
StevenWayne 9:45 PM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
Itch uses better hardware that is not going to sound like shit in the clubs. Intro is designed for home users so it uses cheaper hardware.

this is partially untrue. i have a vestax vci300 and thats probably one of the worst sounding things ive owned. my clock radio sounds clearer than my vci300.
in addition to that, if you're using Itch, you shouldn't be mixing in a club lol.
wadup 9:49 PM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

R U sure about this?

i could be wrong about new feature being added, but tell you what , if new feature gets added it would be limited compare to itch and scratch....

back on topic:
intro doesnt have recording or whitelabel support.
MichaelK 2:38 AM - 30 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

this is partially untrue. i have a vestax vci300 and thats probably one of the worst sounding things ive owned. my clock radio sounds clearer than my vci300.
in addition to that, if you're using Itch, you shouldn't be mixing in a club lol.

Huh ? i know tons of djs that use serato itch in clubs especially the 2.0 version it is a very professional dj software ,i have tride ns7 the after owning a pair of tech 12s it was to big but loved itch then moved to the s4 and traktor traktor s4 sold it was to complicated loved the effects but i find serato is more of a tool that brings us djs back to our roots just the feel of it is so right i now own the ddj-s1 and couldn't be more happier cause i wanted the closest thing to having cdjs and a djm mixer
but couldnt afford the 6000 dollars it would cost for it thats my two cents good job serato keep up the good work also lol we really all would like to be able to use a midi controller for the sp-6 sample player in itch :)
PeteT 5:09 AM - 30 September, 2011
Looks like Intro is the only Serato product with beat sync capability like Virtual DJ & Traktor. While a club DJ wouldn't need it - it might be real helpful for a mobile.
Kempleslice 5:16 AM - 30 September, 2011
I have also noticed that on the NuMark Mixdeck the crossfader doesn't work.....
skinnyguy 7:11 AM - 30 September, 2011
Itch has sync
RAMPING 12:17 PM - 30 September, 2011
VDJ has recording.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:39 PM - 30 September, 2011
My Mixdeck crossfader works and yup VDJ has recording with both the LE version and the Home free version as well.
Logisticalstyles 2:26 PM - 30 September, 2011
Quote:
if you're using Itch, you shouldn't be mixing in a club lol.

Why not?
DPDJs 3:32 PM - 30 September, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I would say that there's problem with your VCI-300. The VCI definetly has it's own sound personality but sounds excellent. I just EQ it to my preference.
Eric N 6:41 PM - 30 September, 2011
Quote:
Serato DJ Intro provides a way for people who don't already own ITCH or Scratch Live to get into DJing with a smaller feature set and compact controllers. Serato DJ Intro doesn't have any features that ITCH or Scratch Live don't already have, so existing owners aren't missing out on anything ;)

Other than VCI-300 or early NS7 owners who still have to pay an extra $200 to get FX, while the kid who gets a Mixdeck for his birthday gets FX for FREE...
skinnyguy 8:52 PM - 30 September, 2011
can intro play cumbia music?

=P
RAMPING 10:48 PM - 30 September, 2011
ns6 comes with fx too :)
skratchworx 12:47 AM - 1 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

R U sure about this?

That's pretty much as it was explained to me today.

As a feature set, DJ Intro is ahead of the game with more features than beginners really need, leaving only a small gap between it and ITCH. The gap will widen as ITCH continues to be developed.
pdidy 12:53 AM - 1 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I would say that there's problem with your VCI-300. The VCI definetly has it's own sound personality but sounds excellent. I just EQ it to my preference.

I agree...your vci300 must be defective or you are having problems properly setting your gain structure. Bad gain structure can make any device sound bad.
dj ask 6:19 AM - 1 October, 2011
intro is a trap. why would u want software that u cant upgrade? why not go for the real thing at first and save money? intro? pfff wow.. I guess VDJ and Traktor are eating Serato's cake.
RickD 6:34 AM - 1 October, 2011
While I agree with you guys & I can't wait 2 try out Intro....I have used Serato in the clubs, I have tried Traktor Pro & Traktor 2 as well as Traktor LE...I do use VDJ a lot because I do a lot of karoake & Video mixing, so while some look down on VDJ I look at all of the different software as a tool....U know sometimes u need a flat head screwdriver, sometimes a phillips & other times u need a allen wrench....The Numark N4 looks like a good piece of equipment though....
DJ-SHUFFLE 10:05 PM - 1 October, 2011
Quote:
intro is a trap. why would u want software that u cant upgrade? why not go for the real thing at first and save money? intro? pfff wow.. I guess VDJ and Traktor are eating Serato's cake.

Look at this : serato.com
hologram 4:45 PM - 2 October, 2011
Quote:

really?
RAMPING 5:03 PM - 2 October, 2011
lol I'm such a G, I mix VDJ in the clubs.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:15 PM - 2 October, 2011
Quote:
lol I'm such a G, I mix VDJ in the clubs.

What's that supposed to mean?? I find it funny that everyone laughs at VDJ yet from the dance floor you wouldn't have a clue what the DJ was using.........seriously grow up already.
RAMPING 5:28 PM - 2 October, 2011
I was being serious, last year when I was a broke 15 year old I would always use VDJ.
DPDJs 4:24 PM - 3 October, 2011
There'a lot of mobile pro's using VDJ.
StevenWayne 4:53 PM - 3 October, 2011
relax everyone, it was a joke, use what you want in a club. i use Itch in the club, i also use ssl+ME, and turntables, and cdjs.
as far as sound quality, yes, the vci300 sounds like doodoo. im very familiar with gain and eq settings, so thats not the issue. prior to buying the vci300, i've read about many users using external mixers to "help" the sound of the vci. maybe i'm just picky though. i also feel that my 57 doesn't sound that great either.
DPDJs 5:17 PM - 3 October, 2011
Again, I don't have any "doodoo" issues with my VCI-300, sounds just as good as my other equipment.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:33 PM - 3 October, 2011
I don't think its just the VCI, the volume on my Mixdeck is ridiculously low aswell. It's a lot louder with other software and cds...
StevenWayne 5:34 PM - 3 October, 2011
Quote:
I don't think its just the VCI, the volume on my Mixdeck is ridiculously low aswell. It's a lot louder with other software and cds...

have you tried out Intro with your mixdeck yet? if so, how is it?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 5:49 PM - 3 October, 2011
I know its the first release and all but they leave a lot to be desired, the jog response could use some tweaking aswell. Personally I think the mixdeck should have a Hybrid MIDI mode so I can take full advantage of the MIDI functions on the Mixdeck.....
pdidy 1:47 AM - 4 October, 2011
Quote:
relax everyone, it was a joke, use what you want in a club. i use Itch in the club, i also use ssl+ME, and turntables, and cdjs.
as far as sound quality, yes, the vci300 sounds like doodoo. im very familiar with gain and eq settings, so thats not the issue. prior to buying the vci300, i've read about many users using external mixers to "help" the sound of the vci. maybe i'm just picky though. i also feel that my 57 doesn't sound that great either.

Do u use a line mixer with the vci300 an sl57 ?
dj nicemartinez 3:45 PM - 7 October, 2011
I CANT BELIVE DUDE SYING IF U USE ITCH U SHOULDN'T BE DJAING IN CLUBS ..RIDICULOUS I RATER CARRY MY NS7 TO A CLUB THEN A FREEKING BAG FULL OF WIRES AN SL2 BOX A MIXER A DAM TURN TABLE AND RECORDS. DUDE IS COME IN SCENCES .WAY EASIER NS7 ITCH SP SAPLER ON IT FX WAT ELSE .NOW IF U DONT KNOW HOW TO USE IT THAS PN YOU ..AND NOW THE NEW DJ INTRO.. LET ME SAY LAST WEEK I WAS AT PRIVATE PARTY USE IT ROCK OUT PUT IT IN MY BACK PACK DROVE TO THE CLUB I DJ ON AND SOMEONE HADE SPELD BEER ON THE HOSE NS7 ..(NOT MINES THE HOUSE NS7 MEANING IS GOOD ENOGH FOR CLUBS ) AND ALL THEY HADE AS BACK UP WAS SOME OLDDD DENONS CD PLAYER ..WENT TO MY CARR GOT MY MIXTRACK PRO AND LOAD IT DJINTRO .WITCH KEEPS MY CRATES AND CUE PINTS SAVE FOM ANY OLD SERTO .DUDE I ROCK OUT NO ONE NOTICE EXEP MY BOSS FROM CLUB SAID ..WTF IS THE TOY LOL WERE TEY SELL IT ....AT DJ NICE PASSION NIGH CLUB HARTFORD CT ..WWW.BOMBA971.COM BOMBA97.1 FM
StevenWayne 5:22 PM - 7 October, 2011
pleez lern to spell and tipe properlee befour you pipe up.

like i said, it was a joke, relax, it aint that serious.
RAMPING 6:17 PM - 7 October, 2011
He's to gangster to type correctly.

duh :P
DPDJs 7:38 PM - 7 October, 2011
Quote:
I know its the first release and all but they leave a lot to be desired, the jog response could use some tweaking aswell. Personally I think the mixdeck should have a Hybrid MIDI mode so I can take full advantage of the MIDI functions on the Mixdeck.....

I'm sure they are tweaking as we chat here. You're only going to get the basics with this software, is it free by god.

You've heard of gateway drugs? This is gateway software. :-)
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:05 PM - 7 October, 2011
I would think the basics would atleast have keyboard short cuts to launch samples or even make it so the sample play will loop..........the auto loop I can live with out, but seriously read around. People are not getting even the basics. Instead of giving it away why not do it right and charge?? After all this is Serato, "the Industry Standard", look at how many kids already think this is the greatest thing since sliced bread, even with the lack of basic features. It's Serato they have already made a name for themselves so there is really nothing to loose.
dj nicemartinez 8:11 PM - 7 October, 2011
U did understand right ...thats all it counts. Now go back to crying to serato ..ok tragate esa huele bicho
StevenWayne 9:33 PM - 7 October, 2011
Quote:
U did understand right ...thats all it counts. Now go back to crying to serato ..ok tragate esa huele bicho

it should be, "that's all that counts", not "it counts"
Maskrider 4:21 PM - 9 October, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Other than VCI-300 or early NS7 owners who still have to pay an extra $200 to get FX, while the kid who gets a Mixdeck for his birthday gets FX for FREE...

That is one reason that we should be able to play with INTRO with our existing controllers.