Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

cdj 850's and intro

bricejevinn 7:54 AM - 29 September, 2011
you just recently updated the 850's to work as a controller for serato....will the work with intro as midi or hid?
Beatnologic 8:32 AM - 29 September, 2011
cdj400 would also be nice to support!
bricejevinn 8:39 AM - 29 September, 2011
ya and where would you buy this from?
Beatnologic 8:43 AM - 29 September, 2011
dunno, got 2 here at home with I don't use since de NS7
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 8:53 AM - 29 September, 2011
Hey guys,

Serato DJ Intro supports the following controllers only:

* Numark MixTrack Pro
* Numark MixDeck
* Numark MixDeck Express
* Numark N4
* Numark MixDeck Quad
* Vestax Typhoon
* Vestax VCI-100 Mk II

For more info, check out the Serato DJ Intro FAQs > serato.com
bricejevinn 8:59 AM - 29 September, 2011
so seriously...whats the difference between this and itch...nothing you have to buy ANOTHER controller just for this...like itch....you cant use your cdj's......lol what arent you guys getting.....do you realize you can get traktor duo pro for 99 bucks and you can use your cdjs as a controller / ni supported and works just like scratch.....and is the same set up as this dj intro but with more shit.....catch up guys come one....i dont wanna go over to traktor but you guys arent stepping up to what people want and are now coming out with stuff you alre4ady kinda have...and users cant use unless they buy new controllers....not good
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 9:08 AM - 29 September, 2011
Hey bricejevinn,

Serato DJ Intro provides a way for people who don't already own ITCH or Scratch Live to get into DJing with a smaller feature set and compact controllers. Serato DJ Intro doesn't have any features that ITCH or Scratch Live don't already have, so existing owners aren't missing out on anything ;)
bricejevinn 9:13 AM - 29 September, 2011
except being able to use their cdjs as controllers which would be perfect for sooooo many people that cant afford scratch live
WarpNote 9:49 AM - 29 September, 2011
Id say that if you can aford 2 cdj 850's you could probably afford the SL2 as well?
WarpNote 9:51 AM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
Hey guys,

Serato DJ Intro supports the following controllers only:

* Numark MixTrack Pro
* Numark MixDeck
* Numark MixDeck Express
* Numark N4
* Numark MixDeck Quad
* Vestax Typhoon
* Vestax VCI-100 Mk II

For more info, check out the Serato DJ Intro FAQs > serato.com

Michael R, whats the Numark N4? We will probably know in a few days?
Thanks, Warp
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:45 AM - 29 September, 2011
The what now?

;)
Will Love 12:20 PM - 29 September, 2011
Traktor le comes with some of these controllers for free, and looks to be the exact feature set of dj intro.
DJ Pullout 1:25 PM - 29 September, 2011
I diggity dig it
djstix 1:59 PM - 29 September, 2011
Quote:
Traktor le comes with some of these controllers for free, and looks to be the exact feature set of dj intro.

I think it may be the other way around...The controllers come with Traktor LE for free...Which is what DJ Intro is...Free
bricejevinn 6:02 PM - 29 September, 2011
Dj intro isn't free cuz you have to buy a specific controller in order to use it....and no buddy I can't afford an sl2 its not about the money.....if. intro is a simple software program then you should be able to use your cdjs as a controller.....otherwise is the exact same as itch....you can't use itch unless you buy their controller...same with this...they jusy came out with 2 programs which are the same after everyone was bitching about the first not being able to use cdjs as a midi
DJChad72 4:36 AM - 30 September, 2011
I think it is quite simply put.... about the choices. SSL and ITCH require SPECIFIC hardware made ONLY for Serato software.

With DJ Intro, DJs can buy hardware made generically and traditionally to work with Traktor and/or VDJ LE versions... but now get a boost to also have the Serato umbrella extend over them. Many of the controllers in the list were released long before now. To those owners they are probably VERY excited about this additional prospect.

If you think back Numark released the ground breaking Total Control about 4-5 years ago. It first launched with VDJ LE. Then a Traktor version. Eventually, you could buy a total control with BOTH software bundled. For brand new DJs trying to decide - hobby or pro - this is a HUGE advantage in trying to choose the Digital DJ solution right for them. Lets face it, once you pick one - it takes a holy war that you loose to get you to switch.

For us who have already decided Pro - we now know Serato understands we have all been there at one time or another and is extending a hand to the new user market. For those of us who have already planted our flag on Serato Island.... this is fantastic! It means more new DJs will take an early liking to Serato .... and hopefully grow with Serato.
WarpNote 2:55 AM - 1 October, 2011
Quote:
The what now?

;)

This one Michael R > www.numark.com
U know what I talking about :D

BTW thanks to Serato for introducing me to the wonderful
Young Blood: "The Naked And Famous" missed that track for some reason,
smashing tune!!
Watchwww.youtube.com
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:01 AM - 1 October, 2011
Oh, I thought you said M4. My mistake.

:P

Quote:
BTW thanks to Serato for introducing me to the wonderful
Young Blood: "The Naked And Famous" missed that track for some reason,
smashing tune!!

Yeah they're a great band, from New Zealand too. Their drummer is the younger brother of Dylan, our head of R&D. Check out their album, it's awesome.
WarpNote 6:43 PM - 1 October, 2011
I need to go through my promo folders more often,
turns out the label sent me the album in wav format when first released. ;-)
Great Album!