Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Automatically switching between phono and CD

nik39 4:17 PM - 26 August, 2004
Hi,

as I read somewhere on this board the new vinyls will have a new noisemap, and SSL can distinguish the new noisemap from the old, it can even diferentiate between side a and b. Shouldnt it be possible to have different noise maps on the vinyls and CDs, so SSL can automatically detect whether I am spinning with vinyl or playing with cd?
Serato
Josh 11:09 PM - 26 August, 2004
but with the aim of adding what functionality?
Serato
Josh 11:36 PM - 26 August, 2004
duh scratch that, you mean in terms of drift compensation? yeah that sounds do-able to me...
Serato, Moderator
AJ 3:10 AM - 28 August, 2004
When the new vinyl comes out, the CD and the vinyl will have a different noisemap. Eventually, your old SSL vinyl will be all worn out and the only replacements available will have the new map on them, so this wont be an issue.

The problem with adding new NoiseMaps is that every different map that we support takes up some memory (because we need to store a copy of the whole map in memory), also each one we support increase the chance of making a mistake because there may be similar sections on each map. We don't intend to release more NoiseMaps than absolutely necessary for those two reasons.