DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

NEW ORLEANS BOUNCE MUSIC!!! HELP ME FIND IT PLEASE!!

L-Murray 10:59 PM - 3 September, 2011
Hey im doin a wedding september 10, and the bride is from new orleans and she wants me to play some new orleans bounce music. I have a little bit of that but i need some tips on where to get more. The style she wants is like dj jubilee type of bounce music, or another example would be like that mystikal song bouncin back. So please get back to me and let me know a site or something to buy this type of music, and different songs and artist for this type of music. Thanks!!
dj_soo 11:43 PM - 3 September, 2011
I'd love to find more sources of bounce - been watching Treme lately and the music in that show is so dope.

Only name I could tell you is Big Freedia...
philldafunk 1:01 AM - 4 September, 2011
1. Dj Jubilee "Get it Ready"
2. Not really sure of the artist, but the song is "Bounce it biggity" (if you search it it will pop right up)
3. Black N Mild "She rode that dick like a soulja"
4 Hot Boy Ronald "Walk Like Ronald"
5. Magnolia Shorty "Thats my Juvie" (this song is where they got "he got a big dick and know how to use it" sample off of Bone's "Homegirl")
6. Da Entourage "Bunny Hop"
7. Dj jubilee "Walk with it"
8. Dj Jubilee "Bounce Baby Bounce"
9. Dj Jubilee "Do the Mario"
10.Partners N Crime "Hot Boy Hot Girl"
11.Dj Duck "Buss it open"
12. Dj Smurf "Bend it Bust it Open"
13. Sissy Nobby "Break It Down"

Just to name a couple.

Try asking Beezle, doesn't he live in the N.O?
Tishica14 8:10 PM - 10 September, 2011
Quote:
1. Dj Jubilee "Get it Ready"
2. Not really sure of the artist, but the song is "Bounce it biggity" (if you search it it will pop right up)
3. Black N Mild "She rode that dick like a soulja"
4 Hot Boy Ronald "Walk Like Ronald"
5. Magnolia Shorty "Thats my Juvie" (this song is where they got "he got a big dick and know how to use it" sample off of Bone's "Homegirl")
6. Da Entourage "Bunny Hop"
7. Dj jubilee "Walk with it"
8. Dj Jubilee "Bounce Baby Bounce"
9. Dj Jubilee "Do the Mario"
10.Partners N Crime "Hot Boy Hot Girl"
11.Dj Duck "Buss it open"
12. Dj Smurf "Bend it Bust it Open"
13. Sissy Nobby "Break It Down"

Just to name a couple.

Try asking Beezle, doesn't he live in the N.O?

Philldafunk got a good list going for you, I have a few to add to his list:
Cheeky Black - "Bitch get off me" and she had another one I cant think of right now
5th ward Weebie
Katey Red
Josephine Johnny
some of Master P's, Mystical, Mia X, Big Tymers, Hot Boys (Juvenile, Lil Wayne, B.G, & Turk) early hits(not bounce but was a must play back in the day)
DJ Jimi - Where Dey At
Magnolia Shorty (R.I.P) - Monkey on the dick/stick
Willie Puckett -
Choppa - Choppa Style
Sissy Nobby
Soulja Slim (R.I.P)
MC Shakie
Kane & Abel
10th Ward Buck

If i can think of the songs that goes with the artist I will post later
Chrisjin 11:11 PM - 10 September, 2011
Old Cash Money for sure and No Limit is all I can think of. Those beats were and still hot to me.
ontime1269 11:55 PM - 10 September, 2011
I'm glad this thread was started. I need some of the same music for a gig I have in October.
Wally Sparks 1:04 AM - 11 September, 2011
nolabounce.com and www.nola.com

Info and history about the music.
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:53 PM - 11 September, 2011
anything by choppa (the real choppa not that making the band clown hes not even from the NOLA), dj jubilee, hot boy ronald, dj duck, 5th ward weebie

Quote:
Old Cash Money for sure and No Limit is all I can think of. Those beats were and still hot to me.

most of thats not bounce music, bounce music utilizes the triggerman sample!!
Dj-M.Bezzle 12:54 PM - 11 September, 2011
Quote:
nolabounce.com and www.nola.com

Info and history about the music.

GOOD POST!!
L-Murray 9:28 PM - 11 September, 2011
Thanks Everybody!!
DJ Nightmare Productions 9:28 PM - 12 September, 2011
Make sure you yell out.. Dance on yo friend... dance on yo friend.... TWERK TWERK TWERK TWERK.... LOL
sixxx 9:30 PM - 12 September, 2011
Quote:
Make sure you yell out.. Dance on yo friend... dance on yo friend.... TWERK TWERK TWERK TWERK.... LOL

lol
Tishica14 1:10 PM - 13 September, 2011
Quote:

LMBO!!
DJ KEL-WIN! 3:23 AM - 27 September, 2011
I can say this stuff is in high demand in the South. Did a wedding in Chicago 2 weeks ago for a couple who went to Florida A&M. Their guests had a lot of requests for Bounce music but weren't mad at my Trick Daddy and classic Master P..............Bout It, Bout It.
_Stuart 9:57 PM - 27 September, 2011
the wiki knows all

en.wikipedia.org
Audio1 10:07 PM - 27 September, 2011
Quote:
I can say this stuff is in high demand in the South. Did a wedding in Chicago 2 weeks ago for a couple who went to Florida A&M. Their guests had a lot of requests for Bounce music but weren't mad at my Trick Daddy and classic Master P..............Bout It, Bout It.
It aint my fault.... DID I DO THAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? LOL
Solidsnake 10:34 PM - 27 September, 2011
This is the only bounce song you will ever need...

Watchwww.youtube.com

just play on repeat and you have your party made
Solidsnake 10:47 PM - 27 September, 2011
But no in all seriousness being from New Orleans, heres some songs I keep in rotation...

Bend It Ova - 5th Ward Weebie
Catch The Wall - Partners N Crime ******
Choppa Style (both fast and slow versions) - The Real Choppa
Club Hoppers P Poppers - 5th Ward Weebie ******
Hot Piece - Magnolia Chop
Left Foot Bam - The Real Choppa
Mardi Gras Wobble - The Real Choppa
Get Higher (bounce remix) - John Legend *****
On Da Wall - 5th Ward Weebie
Oooohhwee - Master P ******
Shake It Like a Dog Remix - Kane & Abel feat. 5th Ward Weebie and Mystikal (New Orleans classic)
Shake Ya Body - Magnolia Chop *****
We Don't Love Them House - Partners N Crime
Woaa (Woaa) - Choppa ******
Work That Thing - UNLV *****
Wobble With It - Master P *****
So Attracted (feat. 5th Ward Weebie) - Parnters N Crime

Don't play many gigs where I play bounce anymore, mostly do funk/funky hip-hop/old school hip-hop, but when I do play bounce those are all songs that may end up getting played. The ones with ***** next to them are in my opinion, bounce must haves....

My all time favorite 5th Ward Weebie song though... "Toot It Up" I'll play that one no matter what the gig is sometimes lol.
reggae delgado 2:38 AM - 28 September, 2011
I don't know anything about playing the music but I'm fascinated by an entire genre based around a few samples. Glad to have the lists folks.

Ran across these last spring and loved 'em. Yacht Bounce anyone??

bounceneworleans.com

DJ Platurn's Bay Area version, complete with Miami Vice samples:

www.mixcrate.com
Solidsnake 2:48 AM - 28 September, 2011
I'll one up your Yacht Bounce....

Bounce Step....

soundcloud.com
dj_ys 7:21 AM - 28 September, 2011
Bounce is taking off in Philly. I'm surprised but definitely excited!
DJDBAG 2:13 PM - 28 September, 2011
Oh yea, i am a philly boy myself. any special clubs to find it?
dj_ys 10:43 PM - 29 September, 2011
I haven't heard it in any clubs yet but DJ RL has been throwing shorts sets in on Power 99. Most effective for the younger hs/college crowds. Mixed in with umptempo hip-hop booty music it can definitely work.
Solidsnake 4:28 PM - 30 September, 2011
biggity biggity biggity biggity biggity biggity bounce bounce bounce bounce
Ya Heard Me Bounce Awards 8:17 AM - 2 February, 2012
Ya Heard Me Bounce Music Awards will celebrate and give tribute to Bounce Music artists who have kept and keeping the bounce culture alive. Join us in crowing the new king and queen of Bounce 2012. The 1st award show we awarded Jubilee as the King Of Bounce. We also ask for you help in making this happen. Help Us Hold The 2nd Bounce Music Award Show Oct 12, 2012. Donate any amount you can afford. Let's not never let our culture die out....thanks
For the best of bounce email us at ino.jr1@gmail.com
www.kickstarter.com
DJ GaFFle 11:18 AM - 2 February, 2012
Quote:
Ya Heard Me Bounce Music Awards will celebrate and give tribute to Bounce Music artists who have kept and keeping the bounce culture alive. Join us in crowing the new king and queen of Bounce 2012. The 1st award show we awarded Jubilee as the King Of Bounce. We also ask for you help in making this happen. Help Us Hold The 2nd Bounce Music Award Show Oct 12, 2012. Donate any amount you can afford. Let's not never let our culture die out....thanks<span>
For the best of bounce email us at mailto:ino.jr1@gmail.com</span>
www.kickstarter.com

This sounds like a rip off... The site you posted states: "This project will only be funded if at least $50,000 is pledged by Wednesday Mar 28, 11:57pm EDT. "

So what if you collect $48,500... do you cancel the event and haul a$$ with the money you collected?
dj_ys 11:21 AM - 2 February, 2012
Nah, that's not how any Kickstarter project works. If the goal isn't met (by even $1), everyone's $ is refunded. You've never seen a Kickstarter campaign before?
DJ Remy USA 3:05 PM - 2 February, 2012
This is the only music out of the south that I love to hear. NO bounce is my shit but I only have so much
DJ Remy USA 3:11 PM - 2 February, 2012
Question are the modern day clap tracks like Travis Porter Bring back are they considered to be bounce music it kinda follows a similiar rythm and tempo
DJ GaFFle 6:24 PM - 2 February, 2012
Quote:
Nah, that's not how any Kickstarter project works. If the goal isn't met (by even $1), everyone's $ is refunded. You've never seen a Kickstarter campaign before?

I guess I'm ignorant to that and very leery of folks with my money in today's world. I just find it hard to believe that someone would return 10's of thousands of dollars that's been PayPal'd to them blindly by folks over the Internet.

Good luck.
WestCoastAvenger 7:25 PM - 2 February, 2012
welcome to the future
CMOS 7:31 PM - 2 February, 2012
Quote:
Quote:

I guess I'm ignorant to that and very leery of folks with my money in today's world. I just find it hard to believe that someone would return 10's of thousands of dollars that's been PayPal'd to them blindly by folks over the Internet.

Good luck.

I dont think they get the money until the goal is reached. Looks like Kickstater keeps the cash until you reach the the goal or not. People would be running off with mad loochie if they sent it direct and expected people to send it back.
dj_ys 8:57 PM - 2 February, 2012
Yeah, Kickstarter is pretty legit.
Solidsnake 12:55 AM - 3 February, 2012
Back to the song discussion, you should try and grab...

My Boy - Kourtney Heart feat. Magnolia Shorty
My Girl - PNC feat. Magnolia Shorty

There's also the My Boy remix with Soulja Boy (who's not from New Orleans)... but thats a different discussion.
3rdCoastTexan 7:37 PM - 10 February, 2014
I'm a DJ in Houston,Texas.

There are two different kinds of bounce...that newer Sissy Bounce stiff..which I am not a fan of, but is more popular for twerking (Big Freedia, Sissy Nooby, Messy Mya etc...) and then the old school bounce with either the triggerman or the brown beat on it.

Here are a few Bounce Artists/DJ's

Dolamite
Fila PHil
Ricky B
Kilo
Messy Mya
Big Freedia
Katie Red
KC Redd
Lil Slim
Mia X
LAdy Red
MC j'Ro
DJ Black & Mild
DJ Money Fresh
Mannie Fresh
5th Ward Weebie
Gregory D
Pimpdaddy
Sporty T
Dj jimi
Juvenile
Dj Jubillee
Partners n Crime
Ms Tee
cheeky black
Magnolia Shorty
UNLV
Tec 9
Tre 8
Willie Puckett
TT tucker
Josphine johnny
Gotti boy chris
10th Ward Buck
Junie B
Dj Duck
Hot boy Ronald

Personally, my favorite Bounce songs to play when Dj'ing have to be..

Partners In Crime "New Orleans Block Party", and "Pump The Party"
DJ Jubillee " Back That Ass up", "Get It Ready", and "Its On"
Ricky B "Ya'll Holla"
Pimpdaddy "Got to Be Real"
Sporty T "Them People Rollin" and "Nothing But bounce"
DJ Jimi "where They At" and "Bounce For The Juvenile"
MC Spud "Creepin"
Lil Slim "Bounce Slide Ride"
DJ Duck "Bust It Open"
Kilo: "represent your ward" and "Who Dat Called The Police"
Cheeky Black " Twerk Something"
MAgnolia Shorty "Charlie Wop"
Josephine johnny" Workin With Something"
Everlasting Hitman "Bounce Baby Bounce"

Hope this helps! I got over 500 bounce tracks if you need any.
DJ Benny B NYC 8:42 PM - 10 February, 2014
Heres a cool mix www.cocaineblunts.com
dj furygme 8:24 AM - 11 June, 2015
looking for the original song from she rode that dick like a soldier i cant seem to find it when i type in the lyrics. it was sampled from something i just cant remember
spellbound 8:38 AM - 15 February, 2016
Hi I've been looking for a song and I think its Bounce it was on american horror story season 3 and on the show twisted please help I like this song and I want to find it. Here's a link youtu.be
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:57 PM - 15 February, 2016
Quote:
Hi I've been looking for a song and I think its Bounce it was on american horror story season 3 and on the show twisted please help I like this song and I want to find it. Here's a link youtu.be

Thats twerk not bounce
ino 6:10 AM - 12 April, 2016
Bounce Baby Bounce book on New Orleans hottest genre of music. Read from the beginning on how bounce music got started and the artists that kept it alive

www.ebay.com

All the latest and old bounce music
www.flipsetmusicgroup.com
Kayzor 8:28 AM - 21 May, 2022
I do not know when you have taken this photograph but you seems like a perfect one photographer who can give you a range even I am learning from mba essay help premieressaywriter.com to complete my degree with better marks without making it so hard to me
Global Assignment Expert 9:08 AM - 9 April, 2024
Do you need the best online assignment help services for your university assignments? Then you can choose Global Assignment Expert for all assignment help. Our assignment help uk has a team of professionals who can ensure that you will get all your assignments fulfilled with 0% plagiarism. Yes, our organization provides plagiarism-free assignment services to make sure that you do not have to face any kind of trouble while submitting your content.
globalassignmentexpert.com
Global Assignment Expert 9:08 AM - 9 April, 2024
Do you need the best online assignment help services for your university assignments? Then you can choose Global Assignment Expert for all assignment help. Our assignment help uk has a team of professionals who can ensure that you will get all your assignments fulfilled with 0% plagiarism. Yes, our organization provides plagiarism-free assignment services to make sure that you do not have to face any kind of trouble while submitting your content.
globalassignmentexpert.com
john smiths 8:15 AM - 17 June, 2024
My Assignment Help is the ultimate choice for online assignment help! Their team of professionals ensured my assignments were top-notch and completely plagiarism-free. I never had to worry about submitting my work, thanks to their reliable services. Highly recommended for anyone seeking trustworthy assignment assistance!
myassignmenthelp.com
Tonyglass 2:16 PM - 3 July, 2024
If you're diving into the world of New Orleans Bounce music and also working on academic or professional goals, you might find these sample SOPs useful. They offer high-quality examples that can help in drafting Statements of Purpose www.sopservices.net or other professional documents, balancing your creative and academic endeavors.