DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Why are clubs so against hip hop/rap all the sudden?

DJ NoNseNse 5:47 PM - 28 July, 2011
It was never really an issue in the late 90's and early-mid 2000's. Now club owners are scared of it.
SELECT 5:55 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
It was never really an issue in the late 90's and early-mid 2000's. Now club owners are scared of it.

umm because hip hop has changed from then. Everyone has that same southern sound regardless of where your from. Its not the same type of music that used to rock the clubs back then.
djpuma_gemini 5:58 PM - 28 July, 2011
It's more fuck a bitch, kill a bitch, suck a dick, got stacks and racks leggo shit.
reggae delgado 5:59 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:

uh, yeah it was! And even more of an issue before that!
Chrisjin 6:02 PM - 28 July, 2011
Good lord not here. Rap in the clubs here is going strong as shit. You would be lucky to hear anything EDMish. On almost any hot night you will hear DMX to Wu to Bone to older Ludacris. Other places you can catch Common, Fugees, Tribe, old NWA and such. When I was at Jet (Mirage Las Vegas) last month on a Thursday night, the place was packed and the dj was throwing down 90s to early 2000s rap floor bangers and shit was going strong till the am. He even threw on some old as booty and ghetto house.
SELECT 6:04 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
It was never really an issue in the late 90's and early-mid 2000's Hip Hop. Now club owners are scared of this new BMF, racks on racks type stuff.
SELECT 6:05 PM - 28 July, 2011
As we know every city/venue is different. Whats good in one place, is off limits in another.
Chrisjin 6:07 PM - 28 July, 2011
^Oh definitely. Chicago wouldnt have any of that as Milwaukee wouldnt have any of Chicago sound
DJ NoNseNse 6:10 PM - 28 July, 2011
Uptempo top 40 and edm pretty much dominates the scene out here.
DJ Johnny Falvelo 6:52 PM - 28 July, 2011
The club owners I know and worked with always hated it. I remember being told I couldn't play Baby Got Back when it came out. They supplied the music for me back then. I couldn't bring in my own vinyl. They pulled that record from the library. The owner finally let us play it about 6 months later.
Chrisjin 7:02 PM - 28 July, 2011
Most owners think they know what they are doing in terms of entertainment and customer service when in reality they are nothing more than the funds that keeps the place in operational necessities. Its the bartenders and the dj that keep the place open but owners think they know better than everyone. Ive told so many owners to check that ego and I got fired from a few of them after that. Haha what a bunch of sad pathetic money hungry shitheads. The ones that were willing to listen saw a jump in revenue.
Eric N 7:14 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Good lord not here. Rap in the clubs here is going strong as shit. You would be lucky to hear anything EDMish. On almost any hot night you will hear DMX to Wu to Bone to older Ludacris. Other places you can catch Common, Fugees, Tribe, old NWA and such. When I was at Jet (Mirage Las Vegas) last month on a Thursday night, the place was packed and the dj was throwing down 90s to early 2000s rap floor bangers and shit was going strong till the am. He even threw on some old as booty and ghetto house.

This sounds like my dream residency lol. LOVE that 80s/90s hip hop!
Chrisjin 7:19 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

This sounds like my dream residency lol. LOVE that 80s/90s hip hop!

Its straight but this city is garbage in terms of living.
Dj Shamann 7:45 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
On almost any hot night you will hear DMX to Wu to Bone to older Ludacris. Other places you can catch Common, Fugees, Tribe, old NWA and such

And where do you live... Awesome Land?
reggae delgado 10:02 PM - 28 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
On almost any hot night you will hear DMX to Wu to Bone to older Ludacris. Other places you can catch Common, Fugees, Tribe, old NWA and such

And where do you live... Awesome Land?

Could be oakland! Throw in more reggae though...
DJ Alkemy 11:15 PM - 28 July, 2011
I imagine a club where I can play pure Hip-Hop for 2-3 hours, dive off into some early/classic funk & soul, chuck a lil Drum n Bass on, then some reggae (a natural progression either way between drum n bass/jungle). As soon as I get drunk, some hardcore rock music. All that aswell as an open air balcony adjacent to the dancefloor. But seeing as it is Wales I live in, no doubt it would start pissing down. Bit of a thread jack but what would be your guys ultimate setlist?
WestCoastAvenger 11:30 PM - 28 July, 2011
well it's because the bar owners finally gave EDM a chance and seen the profits from that clientele and don't want to pull in a broke ass/rowdy hip hop crowd.. no offense but most hip hop heads i knew growing up were all broke.. trust i was one of those cats at one point.. lol

FYI bar owners were already hating on that demographic already, nothing new here..
Rebelguy 1:28 AM - 29 July, 2011
Club Owner mentality:

Hip Hop = rowdy crowd and people that come to the club drunk so they don't have to spend money at the bar.

EDM = hot chicks who bring guys that will spend money on them.
noid25er 2:06 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
It's more fuck a bitch, kill a bitch, suck a dick, got stacks and racks leggo shit.

lol
noid25er 2:15 AM - 29 July, 2011
One negative thing about EDM do; all the Sh*t DJ's started to come out.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:49 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Um, reggae delgado let me guess - either the NWA era or the Masta P era... ???

It has ALWAYS been a problem - the Golden Age of Hip Hop was just the UPPERMOST TIP TOP of the ice berg - (feel) good shit that y'all remember. There was also 2Pac and Biggie in the mainstream MIDDLE and a whole bunch of garbage (Hot and not) below the surface...

just saying...
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:50 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:

Where is "scene out here" ?

Cali?
reggae delgado 4:40 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Um, reggae delgado let me guess - either the NWA era or the Masta P era... ???

It has ALWAYS been a problem - the Golden Age of Hip Hop was just the UPPERMOST TIP TOP of the ice berg - (feel) good shit that y'all remember. There was also 2Pac and Biggie in the mainstream MIDDLE and a whole bunch of garbage (Hot and not) below the surface...

just saying...

That's what I'm sayin! Even native tongues style stuff couldn't find a venue in the bay in the mid and early 90s. Always has been & will be a problem. If it attracts african americans, people will react irrationally.
DJ NoNseNse 4:59 AM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Where is "scene out here" ?

Cali?

Sacramento
DJRemix8x3 4:09 PM - 29 July, 2011
Trust me the 30 and old over crowd doesn't want to hear hard-core rap. The club I use to spin at when I lived in Colorado the crowd would pretty much dictate the music they wanted to dance to, and it was mostly 90's and early 2000 R&B.

When you play rap for the younger crowds it is usually the dudes that want to hear it and all they would do is just bounce around and take over the dancefloor.
SELECT 4:17 PM - 29 July, 2011
The money thing isnt an issue up here. The hip hop crowds spend money. Its a whole nother thing. serato.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:17 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
The money thing isnt an issue up here. The hip hop crowds spend money. Its a whole nother thing. serato.com

+1
Audio1 4:50 PM - 29 July, 2011
Im tired of Top 40 and High BPM music... I wish everything went back to 90-110bpm's where it was all fun.
SELECT 5:12 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Im tired of Top 40 and High BPM music... I wish everything went back to 90-110bpm's where it was all fun.

+10000
Audio1 5:20 PM - 29 July, 2011
We are in a very strange gray area musically in commercial/mainstream music. You get everyone all into EDM and when you actually play real EDM, people freak the fuck out and want Trap rap. You give em trap rap, then the club is trying to blame you for fights... You cant win one way or another. Sure, You can balance it all out, Give everyone a piece of what they like. Point is, Not everyone will ever be satisfied. Pre-2000, This wasnt the case. Good music was good music. The whole world went pop.
DJRemix8x3 5:20 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:

My place to be
SELECT 5:23 PM - 29 July, 2011
There are so many factors as to what genre's get played these days. The "look" of the club is more important in some cases than how many bottles get popped.
Audio1 5:24 PM - 29 July, 2011
If you think about the most feel goodmusic between the 80's and today... Most was betwen 90 and 110bpm...
Audio1 5:24 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
There are so many factors as to what genre's get played these days. The "look" of the club is more important in some cases than how many bottles get popped.
Yes. It can be a problem.
dj_craigmac 5:47 PM - 29 July, 2011
That's what I'm sayin! Even native tongues style stuff couldn't find a venue in the bay in the mid and early 90s. Always has been & will be a problem. If it attracts african americans, people will react irrationally.

BING BING BING !!! Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!! Sad but true. Especially in san diego. The club that i spin housemusic in dont want me to promote myself at there club for fear that black people will show up so they do all of the promo themselves to their selected clientele which is everybody except black people. LOL the most blacks you'll see in that spot @ 1 time is 5 max. On new years eve some my black housemusic lovers in san diego came out about 30 deep and the manager had a look of shock and awe on her face. She was nervous all nite. She wanted to close early, she thought she needed more security and she even asked could i bring the enrgy level down some so things wouldn't get out of hand lol.
dj_craigmac 5:48 PM - 29 July, 2011
^^^^ quoate fail
SELECT 5:49 PM - 29 July, 2011
which brings us back to this lol - serato.com
Audio1 5:50 PM - 29 July, 2011
Craigmac has brought up the most important point... THE FEAR OF THE BLACK MAN.

Color/Race should never be an issue for venues. Money is Money... but yes, A lot of venues do not want to, in other words, attract BLACK PEOPLE to clubs. That is some racist sideways shit. The most ironic thing I notice is the EDM/HOUSE nights that dont want black people. BLACK PEOPLE invented HOUSE MUSIC. Talk about ASS BACKWARDS.
Audio1 5:51 PM - 29 July, 2011
Should I talk about the venue that fired me when the owner said "Change the music. It's starting to get really DARK IN HERE"... WTF!?!
Audio1 5:53 PM - 29 July, 2011
I also hate how venue owners try to say that BLACKS are considered the hood crowd. Trust me, I am in the SF BAY AREA, White folks, Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Even Indians are all equally HYPHY. so that whole "Hood/Ghetto crowd" thing goes out the door. Shoutout to the white girls with corn rows and talk with a black accent but live in Danville in a $700k house their mom owns.
DJ Alkemy 5:53 PM - 29 July, 2011
Now I might regret asaking this but what the hell is trap rap?
Audio1 5:55 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
www.urbandictionary.com
www.rapdict.org
DJ Alkemy 6:00 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
www.urbandictionary.com

www.rapdict.org

Yep, I now regret asking lol
Audio1 6:04 PM - 29 July, 2011
Alkemy: When I think of Trap Rap, I think of Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, that sort of material.
DJ Alkemy 6:07 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Alkemy: When I think of Trap Rap, I think of Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, that sort of material.

Im thinking of replacing a certain letter but that would be too obvious haha
O.B.1 6:13 PM - 29 July, 2011
^^^LOL!
DJ NoNseNse 7:18 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
I also hate how venue owners try to say that BLACKS are considered the hood crowd. Trust me, I am in the SF BAY AREA, White folks, Blacks, Asians, Latinos, Even Indians are all equally HYPHY. so that whole "Hood/Ghetto crowd" thing goes out the door. Shoutout to the white girls with corn rows and talk with a black accent but live in Danville in a $700k house their mom owns.

Damn I hate when people assume that.
djchriscruz 7:38 PM - 29 July, 2011
In the mid/late 90's into the early 2000's hip hop/rap WAS club music. You could play Jay Z, Biggie, DMX, Noreaga, 50 Cent at just about any club. The only other alternative for club music was EDM/House which most people dont really know about unless they really follow the EDM scene. There really was no such genre as Top 40 in the 90's. For mainstream it was either hip hop or rock. Now with the EDM fad invading Top 40, club music has distanced itself from just hip hop.

But there has always been discrimination by clubs towards hood crowds. It's just now that we can play a whole night without having to drop straight up hip hop.
DJ Nick Lee 7:54 PM - 29 July, 2011
Alot of owners or managers have straight up told me they dont want alot of black people comimg in. its always awkward when I have to tell them that im included in that group.
SELECT 7:56 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Alot of owners or managers have straight up told me they dont want alot of black people comimg in. its always awkward when I have to tell them that im included in that group.

Lol, im in the same boat..
the_black_one 8:24 PM - 29 July, 2011
tue night gig, the owner tells me like this

"hey brother, it's kinda getting a lil DEEP in here, how about a change of pace?"
DJWALDO 8:43 PM - 29 July, 2011
simple question simple answer not even reading the thread....

hip hop is horrible now. it attracts knuckleheads to the establishment (white, black, doesn't matter). people act completely retarded when it comes on.
Logisticalstyles 8:51 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:

current hip hop is horrible. it attracts knuckleheads to the establishment (white, black, doesn't matter). Morons looking for trouble act completely retarded when it comes on.

I agree.
DJ Alkemy 8:56 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
current hip hop is horrible. it attracts knuckleheads to the establishment (white, black, doesn't matter). Morons looking for trouble act completely retarded when it comes on.

I agree.

Thats true across the pond too. Its embarrassing. I say Im putting on a Hip-Hop night, get a nice crowd there, get some Mindsone on and 80 percent of the crowd are loving it. Then you get a few clowns mean mugging and asking me to put on Wiz Khalifa & Jeezy. All this while wearing t-shirts that are 20 times too big for them and walking like they got a stone in their shoe. I always respond with "Did you read the flyer?...it says Hip-Hop night, none of the trash you mentioned is getting played"..thats normally followed by a stronger set of wwords just because of their attitude. Damn pesky kids lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:00 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree.

Thats true across the pond too. Its embarrassing. I say Im putting on a Hip-Hop night, get a nice crowd there, get some Mindsone on and 80 percent of the crowd are loving it. Then you get a few clowns mean mugging and asking me to put on Wiz Khalifa & Jeezy. All this while wearing t-shirts that are 20 times too big for them and walking like they got a stone in their shoe. I always respond with "Did you read the flyer?...it says Hip-Hop night, none of the trash you mentioned is getting played"..thats normally followed by a stronger set of wwords just because of their attitude. Damn pesky kids always comming on my lawn with their baggy jeans and their hippity hop

lol
DJ Alkemy 9:04 PM - 29 July, 2011
Lol @ off my lawn.

It is embarressing though. Some of these pasty little trolls suddenly turn into bonified hard knocks after listening to some of that crap. They forget that I remember them growing up lol
Audio1 9:11 PM - 29 July, 2011
I never never knew Drake/LilWayne/RickRoss/Waka Flocka was considered hip hop? I consider Common, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, De La Soul, The Roots as Hip Hop... Maybe the definitions are what are fucking people up... Too many genres..
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:15 PM - 29 July, 2011
i heard hiphop was dead
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:17 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
I never never knew LilWayne was considered hip hop?..

mixunit.com

edge-img.datpiff.com

i541.photobucket.com
DJ Alkemy 9:20 PM - 29 July, 2011

I need a drink
DJ Alkemy 9:21 PM - 29 July, 2011
Quote:
i heard hiphop was dead

hahaha...Not a chance me old china ;-)
Doolow 4:35 AM - 30 July, 2011
hip hop = elements breaking djing graf and rap (toasting) rap music = most of what is mainstream on the radio today...I remember when rappers had breaks in their music for the dj to scratch and cut...I remember when kmel was a ROCK station.. I remember when HIP HOP would not even be played on the radio...I remember THE PRO's record pool....if you wanted to hear street music (hip hop) you had to either be a dj throwing parties...listening to kpoo (sf) or at leopold's networking with up and coming rappers...(I bought dowhutulike from shock g personally) once someone saw they could make money off it...it blew up (fresh fest 1 &2)....

the music business is racist from the gate...and its a trickle down thing.....even though all music pretty much has evolved from black music..sadly most people are ignorant to this fact...I remember when THE BAY...was OAKLAND then everyone else..thats how it was here..what we played in our cars...got played at the house parties...cuz it wasnt no clubs playing street music til people saw the money...redundant i know..but remember hate flows downhill...while love fights a constant uphill battle...hip hop has been broken down to the bastid sound it is today..because the music powers that be feared the movement it started...white parents going ape cuz the kids love hip hop...(see rock and roll 1950 circa)...

its a fucked up game now..and if you get some type of feeling about this...oh well...hip hop came to cali when i was in the 6th grade..so i think i can speak on it just a bit...and its my opinion...~shrug~
Zero Day 6:48 AM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:
hip hop = elements breaking djing graf and rap (toasting) rap music = most of what is mainstream on the radio today...I remember when rappers had breaks in their music for the dj to scratch and cut...I remember when kmel was a ROCK station.. I remember when HIP HOP would not even be played on the radio...I remember THE PRO's record pool....if you wanted to hear street music (hip hop) you had to either be a dj throwing parties...listening to kpoo (sf) or at leopold's networking with up and coming rappers...(I bought dowhutulike from shock g personally) once someone saw they could make money off it...it blew up (fresh fest 1 &2)....

the music business is racist from the gate...and its a trickle down thing.....even though all music pretty much has evolved from black music..sadly most people are ignorant to this fact...I remember when THE BAY...was OAKLAND then everyone else..thats how it was here..what we played in our cars...got played at the house parties...cuz it wasnt no clubs playing street music til people saw the money...redundant i know..but remember hate flows downhill...while love fights a constant uphill battle...hip hop has been broken down to the bastid sound it is today..because the music powers that be feared the movement it started...white parents going ape cuz the kids love hip hop...(see rock and roll 1950 circa)...

its a fucked up game now..and if you get some type of feeling about this...oh well...hip hop came to cali when i was in the 6th grade..so i think i can speak on it just a bit...and its my opinion...~shrug~

+1
Tim Too Hype 7:22 PM - 30 July, 2011
1. It's not a racist issue, it's a "same bullshit, different title" issue. The music industry only cares about what brings $$$, not what race makes the track. There are a handful of new tracks with good hooks & good tempo & no angry crude comments in the song/rap, but the industry is overflowing with "rap artists" that think they have a hit. Anyone can get a drum machine & throw curse words on top of it. Show some talent! The good ones get played.
2. Club DJ's hate playing a track that's 70-80 bpm. Let's all just sway back & forth slowly & go to sleep. That's why my sets are mostly old school hip hop. 92-105 bpm. They keep ya movin' & they are about good time, party & being cool.
3. Hip hop is not as popular. Half the top hip hop artists are puttin' out dance tracks, or at least tracks that are over 120 bpm. They know what's up. People are sick of the same shit.
4. True hip hop/rap was meant for the street & not for the radio or club.
Plus, stop cryin about hip hop gettin play in clubs. There are a ton of popular dance, club, house tracks that are popular in clubs but radio won't touch them. You have to go to Beatport, or something like that just to buy the tracks. You won't find them at your local Best Buy or Target!
lotty 11:44 PM - 30 July, 2011
This might sound crazy but I think a lot of the fast music has to do with people doing more stimulant drugs, whereas in the '90's weed was more the norm so it showed in the music. Before that in the '80's it was coke and it showed in the music. The most fast music during the '80's in hip hop was booty music at that had a strong ground in the place where it was going around like water, FLORIDA specifically Miami.

Now you have energy drinks including soda with a lot of caffeine, meth, adderall, and who knows what other stimulants that are used a lot and this wants people to move and fast music goes along with all the energy you have. Add to the fact that people drink energy drinks with alcohol and you can see why they want fast music because alcohol releases dopamine as well as caffeine does and dopamine is an energy substance so low bpm isn't going to cut it.

What is going to happen is people are going to burn out as they get older start just smoking herb with just some alcohol and it will reflect in the music because another thing stimulants do is make damn near anything sound good, as well as herb but with stimulants it is extreme and to me this is why the music sounds the way it does now. It lack complexity and very simple, it just sounds clean due to technology being better. Once someone comes along and makes that 110-120bpm music that still has that soul feel to it, that will take over this version of hip hop and slowly bring in the slower versions but who knows. I just want to hear some melodic, harmonious, yet complex patterns, and natural instruments being used again. It's going to come.
Tishica14 11:48 AM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
We are in a very strange gray area musically in commercial/mainstream music. You get everyone all into EDM and when you actually play real EDM, people freak the fuck out and want Trap rap. You give em trap rap, then the club is trying to blame you for fights... You cant win one way or another. Sure, You can balance it all out, Give everyone a piece of what they like. Point is, Not everyone will ever be satisfied. Pre-2000, This wasnt the case. Good music was good music. The whole world went pop.

This is so true....
Tishica14 11:55 AM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:

Real Talk...
Tishica14 11:56 AM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
This might sound crazy but I think a lot of the fast music has to do with people doing more stimulant drugs, whereas in the '90's weed was more the norm so it showed in the music. Before that in the '80's it was coke and it showed in the music. The most fast music during the '80's in hip hop was booty music at that had a strong ground in the place where it was going around like water, FLORIDA specifically Miami.

Now you have energy drinks including soda with a lot of caffeine, meth, adderall, and who knows what other stimulants that are used a lot and this wants people to move and fast music goes along with all the energy you have. Add to the fact that people drink energy drinks with alcohol and you can see why they want fast music because alcohol releases dopamine as well as caffeine does and dopamine is an energy substance so low bpm isn't going to cut it.

What is going to happen is people are going to burn out as they get older start just smoking herb with just some alcohol and it will reflect in the music because another thing stimulants do is make damn near anything sound good, as well as herb but with stimulants it is extreme and to me this is why the music sounds the way it does now. It lack complexity and very simple, it just sounds clean due to technology being better. Once someone comes along and makes that 110-120bpm music that still has that soul feel to it, that will take over this version of hip hop and slowly bring in the slower versions but who knows. I just want to hear some melodic, harmonious, yet complex patterns, and natural instruments being used again. It's going to come.

LOL, very good point :)
R-Tistic 3:24 AM - 1 August, 2011
This makes me happy that I'm strictly a Rap/Hip Hop/R&B (+ funk, throwback) type DJ, and I don't even have enough EDM or House to try to do a set. I definitely notice that it's about the crowd that Rap attracts.

On the race issue...There are many clubs in L.A. and other places where they don't want any groups of Black men...they don't mind the women as much unless they're the obvious hoodpoodle types. But even when we're dressed right, they'll find reasons to prevent our entry. With the music, they tend to play as little Rap as possible at some spots because they know that most Blacks who go to club only want to hear Rap. The ones who are into Electro and House usually hang with Asians and Whites, so their crew will be diverse...but you'll NEVER see a group of 10 Black guys purposely going to an Electro type club/party and really into it. (NEVER may be exaggerated, but hey!)

Aside from that...party Rap is MUCH different from the new Top 40 style Pop...these were very similar even in 03-06 with the Neptunes/Timbaland produced Pop which was just Rap type beats with Pop singers on it. Now, "No hands" and "Racks" being 65 and 70 BPM is literally half the speed as these 120-135 Pop songs, to the point that you can easily double time them. So the energy is completely different.
DJ NoNseNse 7:32 AM - 1 August, 2011
I can't be strictly a rap/hip hop dj anymore. Playing 70-80 bpm songs all night would bore me.
Doolow 8:59 AM - 1 August, 2011
" It's not a racist issue, it's a "same bullshit, different title" issue." WRONG...hip hop music has covered ALL bpm ranges..."going back to cali ll cool j" 130 bpm ....move somethin 2 live crew 125 bpm ....too short dope fiend beat 82 bpm .... g funk 90 to 110 bpm in fact...the south had no musical id..mc shy d was the big atl artist add outkast...who was west coast funk based in the beginning...houston had the geto boys...(also grouped with the west) and miami had dj magic mike...mr mixx (2live dj was from la)

Uptempo styles...west coast....egyptian lover...east coast zulu nation ....hell the 1st hit hip hop record came in at 115 bpm ...and guess what that was? house music? started by dark skinned cats...and if you think music aint racist ....go look at how many songs elvis covered that were preformed by black artist...better yet...the music industry don't know anything about what a hit is...

If thats the case...why were there so many independent record companies.."profile" "sleeping bag"
"tommy boy" because they were too busy pushing new wave a al "b-52" and pop "duran duran a ha" madonna...who was played on black radio first (yes black radio cuz the good ole boys saw her sound as black)...pink...who was fashioned to play on black radio by la reid...(the deele) R&B funk...did it then said i gotta do me...

hip hop music went hand in hand with funk soul and r and b... it was taken from its roots and used to manipulate minds by the same powers.. used to sell food cars and clothes...it was amazing how many cats dissed hammed called him a sellout cuz he did a commercial...now drake sells sprite...and even though people thought he was corny ..he had the elements...dancers (break) (djs) (party records) even had graf (pump it up video) ...smh some of yall need to get of the threads and go research...

In the bay we had KSOLfm and KDIAam...THAT WAS IT..... KPOO was a rouge station...and im sure in smaller markets there was no black radio at all...we would all like to be in denial as some cats are...but fact is fact...(how does Jazzy Jeff get booted from venues when he inspired the cat hes spinning with RIP AM) oh it was cuz he was playin HIP HOP...the same stuff that made a lot of you cats posting here wanna be DJ's... you loved what you heard and you wanted to be a part of it...but ignorant people screwed it up...but hate can never win..and real music will make a comeback...it has started already...

Good music will stand the test of time...bad music will be forgotten...case in point...name 5 songs from 2009...that are in rotation in a club or radio...but they still playing biggie and pac and other 90's stuff "think it aint illegal yet" ~g clinton~ As a dj ITS YOUR JOB to find and play good music PERIOD that great song you think is old in your market...could be a hit in mines...

Some djs need to grow a pair..stop worrying about getting lad and being pissed cuz the jersey shore cat booking more gigs than you..stop tripping over who has the best software...truth be told..a lot of you wouldnt be djing if DVS wasnt invented...I started djing on my mothers radio shack stereo system mixing records to 8 tracks and cassettes...yall bitchin about dvs? try splicing reel to reels...

Much love and respect to all DJs...learn your craft then master it...be it mixing scratching remixing or producing...and to the ones who bash others...remember you started somewhere...and there is a dude or female out here that will murder you on any given night...nope im not angry..just hoping we as djs will play music that we love as well as the pop-hop...and stop lettin 60 yr old men and women tell us whats hot...
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:43 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:
" It's not a racist issue, it's a "same bullshit, different title" issue." WRONG...hip hop music has covered ALL bpm ranges..."going back to cali ll cool j" 130 bpm ....move somethin 2 live crew 125 bpm ....too short dope fiend beat 82 bpm .... g funk 90 to 110 bpm in fact...the south had no musical id..mc shy d was the big atl artist add outkast...who was west coast funk based in the beginning...houston had the geto boys...(also grouped with the west) and miami had dj magic mike...mr mixx (2live dj was from la)

Uptempo styles...west coast....egyptian lover...east coast zulu nation ....hell the 1st hit hip hop record came in at 115 bpm ...and guess what that was? house music? started by dark skinned cats...and if you think music aint racist ....go look at how many songs elvis covered that were preformed by black artist...better yet...the music industry don't know anything about what a hit is...

If thats the case...why were there so many independent record companies.."profile" "sleeping bag"
"tommy boy" because they were too busy pushing new wave a al "b-52" and pop "duran duran a ha" madonna...who was played on black radio first (yes black radio cuz the good ole boys saw her sound as black)...pink...who was fashioned to play on black radio by la reid...(the deele) R&B funk...did it then said i gotta do me...

hip hop music went hand in hand with funk soul and r and b... it was taken from its roots and used to manipulate minds by the same powers.. used to sell food cars and clothes...it was amazing how many cats dissed hammed called him a sellout cuz he did a commercial...now drake sells sprite...and even though people thought he was corny ..he had the elements...dancers (break) (djs) (party records) even had graf (pump it up video) ...smh some of yall need to get of the threads and go research...

In the bay we had KSOLfm and KDIAam...THAT WAS IT..... KPOO was a rouge station...and im sure in smaller markets there was no black radio at all...we would all like to be in denial as some cats are...but fact is fact...(how does Jazzy Jeff get booted from venues when he inspired the cat hes spinning with RIP AM) oh it was cuz he was playin HIP HOP...the same stuff that made a lot of you cats posting here wanna be DJ's... you loved what you heard and you wanted to be a part of it...but ignorant people screwed it up...but hate can never win..and real music will make a comeback...it has started already...

Good music will stand the test of time...bad music will be forgotten...case in point...name 5 songs from 2009...that are in rotation in a club or radio...but they still playing biggie and pac and other 90's stuff "think it aint illegal yet" ~g clinton~ As a dj ITS YOUR JOB to find and play good music PERIOD that great song you think is old in your market...could be a hit in mines...

Some djs need to grow a pair..stop worrying about getting lad and being pissed cuz the jersey shore cat booking more gigs than you..stop tripping over who has the best software...truth be told..a lot of you wouldnt be djing if DVS wasnt invented...I started djing on my mothers radio shack stereo system mixing records to 8 tracks and cassettes...yall bitchin about dvs? try splicing reel to reels...

Much love and respect to all DJs...learn your craft then master it...be it mixing scratching remixing or producing...and to the ones who bash others...remember you started somewhere...and there is a dude or female out here that will murder you on any given night...nope im not angry..just hoping we as djs will play music that we love as well as the pop-hop...and stop lettin 60 yr old men and women tell us whats hot...

im trying to figure out what all this ^ has to do with anything being talked about here lol
DJ Trexx 5:29 PM - 1 August, 2011
Yo yo being from LA, hip hop at clubs has not died. But there are many hip hop songs DJs could play that would rock the audience but they dont. Right now the high bpm's are popular. It's funny how it works. You play high bpm's and everybody is fist pumping, but you play hip hop and people are actually dancing. I can tell people have a better time when hip hop is on but yet the club continues to play high bpms?? I love playing everything be hip hop/electro/hip house. But nothing beats a hip hop set from 95bpms-110bpms where i get to cut, scratch, mix and tease the crowd. If your area is going against hip hop, then must have never scene a hip hop set at a popping club
a DJ 5:36 AM - 2 August, 2011
Wow!! Great discussion with a lot of real talk. Wish I could acknowledge everyone but instead I just have to go on a random rambling..

Audio1 is right all races in the bay get down, so it's more about the type of crowd than the race. Even though the musical content of rap is way different and strayed from its roots, it still has its roots in the streets where it's all about getting over. So of course no one wants to pay for drinks at the bar cuz when you do that, you're getting played. Yet you'll see people in hiphop clubs with $500 Gucci, Louis, etc (not all real but a lot of it is).

I agree with lotti, a lot more upper drugs going on these days. So many people are on pills it's ridiculous. I think it definitely contributed it to everyone getting into electronic music. People are getting tired of hip hop too, people in general are moving away from materialism and just wanna have fun, especially in this recession environment. Even hood crowds are into the electronic music and I see people from the hood at EDM events. It's just not the majority like at hiphop nights. It seems only hood crowds really go to hiphop events anymore, whereas during the 90s and early 2000s, hiphop was the only popular club music known to the masses. So everyone who just follows trends and mainstream music (and that's a large majority, even people in the hood) moved on to EDM.

I think EDM does bring a better crowd for the clubs, less altercations and more money spent at the bar. More diverse crowd in terms of class, mindset, race, everything. That does result in more money spent at the bar. However there are exceptions, they do have problems at EDM events, and EDM events attract dealers too cuz there's so much money to be made. Also I have seen hip hop events in Oakland where everyone was from the hood, about 95% black, and there was not a single mean mug or anything even close to a fight. And they were playing all hood anthems too, You Played Me, NEW Oakland, etc etc nothing even remotely soft.
Tishica14 1:57 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:

This is so true....
Tishica14 1:58 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Wow!! Great discussion with a lot of real talk. Wish I could acknowledge everyone but instead I just have to go on a random rambling..

Audio1 is right all races in the bay get down, so it's more about the type of crowd than the race. Even though the musical content of rap is way different and strayed from its roots, it still has its roots in the streets where it's all about getting over. So of course no one wants to pay for drinks at the bar cuz when you do that, you're getting played. Yet you'll see people in hiphop clubs with $500 Gucci, Louis, etc (not all real but a lot of it is).

I agree with lotti, a lot more upper drugs going on these days. So many people are on pills it's ridiculous. I think it definitely contributed it to everyone getting into electronic music. People are getting tired of hip hop too, people in general are moving away from materialism and just wanna have fun, especially in this recession environment. Even hood crowds are into the electronic music and I see people from the hood at EDM events. It's just not the majority like at hiphop nights. It seems only hood crowds really go to hiphop events anymore, whereas during the 90s and early 2000s, hiphop was the only popular club music known to the masses. So everyone who just follows trends and mainstream music (and that's a large majority, even people in the hood) moved on to EDM.

I think EDM does bring a better crowd for the clubs, less altercations and more money spent at the bar. More diverse crowd in terms of class, mindset, race, everything. That does result in more money spent at the bar. However there are exceptions, they do have problems at EDM events, and EDM events attract dealers too cuz there's so much money to be made. Also I have seen hip hop events in Oakland where everyone was from the hood, about 95% black, and there was not a single mean mug or anything even close to a fight. And they were playing all hood anthems too, You Played Me, NEW Oakland, etc etc nothing even remotely soft.

SO true!
Audio1 6:31 PM - 2 August, 2011
You mean You DJed in Oakland and No dudes requested DRAKE? I dont believe you (Jokes)
Audio1 6:32 PM - 2 August, 2011
p.s. Even the hardest dude in OAKLAND at the club starts gigging and singing a long to MARVIN's ROOM or whatever new DRAKE song is out... Dudes out here have a soft spot for DRIZZY. Its sort of funny.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 8:04 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
p.s. Even the hardest dude in OAKLAND at the club starts gigging and singing a long to MARVIN's ROOM or whatever new DRAKE song is out... Dudes out here have a soft spot for DRIZZY. Its sort of funny.

A1 - you know i have been in the game for a minute- Hate to say it - but Drake and Lil Wayne (along with Nicki) are amazing as far as making their mark in the music industry

It's like 90's Bad boy (biggie, made, pdiddy) or Master P camp but times 10...

Never seen shit blowing up like those 3 ...
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:13 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

A1 - you know i have been in the game for a minute- Hate to say it - but Drake and Lil Wayne (along with Nicki) are amazing as far as making their mark in the music industry

im trying to figure out how wayne hasnt over exposed himself yet, i cant think of another artist as out there as him as long as him without people gettin sick of him
Rebelguy 8:17 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:

I am going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Bad Boy in the 90s still seems bigger to me. Diddy had shit on lock back then.
SELECT 8:31 PM - 2 August, 2011
Right, Bad Boy tunes was much bigger and it crossed over everywhere! I remember ordering food from my local spot and the radio was playing mo money mo problesm and the old dude behind the counter was like, is that "puffy daddy"? I like him!!! The weezys and drakes are really big with the younger stanky legger crowd. The internet probably makes them feel like they are much bigger, but there songs could never cross over like Bad Boy's in the 90's.
Audio1 8:48 PM - 2 August, 2011
BAD BOY was pretty much unstoppable for most of the 90's... DEATHROW too, On the west coast at least.
dj_soo 8:49 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
I imagine a club where I can play pure Hip-Hop for 2-3 hours, dive off into some early/classic funk & soul, chuck a lil Drum n Bass on, then some reggae (a natural progression either way between drum n bass/jungle). As soon as I get drunk, some hardcore rock music. All that aswell as an open air balcony adjacent to the dancefloor. But seeing as it is Wales I live in, no doubt it would start pissing down. Bit of a thread jack but what would be your guys ultimate setlist?

i actually do that at one of my residencies... granted it's a monday and it's strictly for heads tho...
SELECT 8:58 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
BAD BOY was pretty much unstoppable for most of the 90's... DEATHROW too, On the west coast at least.

Oh yeah cant forget about the wesssside!
Rebelguy 9:16 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:

On the west coast Deathrow had it ON LOCK. Bad Boy was worldwide though.
Dj-M.Bezzle 9:18 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

On the west coast Deathrow had it ON LOCK. Bad Boy was worldwide though.

are you saying puff big and mase were world wide but dre snoop and pac were only on the west coast?!?!?!
sacrilicious 10:53 PM - 2 August, 2011
A giant hip hop monthly just ended in Portland today.

Quote:
"It is w/ sadness (& excitement for the new night) that I must announce that the city has asked me to stop MASSIVE. Due to the crowd & format of the evening, valuable police resources were being forced to focus on issues stemming from the event. Fortunately the venue & city are working w/ me to allow a new party to take place w/ a different format, style & sound. More info soon & looking forward to the new fun times!"
Audio1 10:56 PM - 2 August, 2011
was this Wicked's event?
sacrilicious 10:59 PM - 2 August, 2011
Nah Wicked's main stay event was Wicked Wednesday which has rotated through a couple of different spots.

Massive was promoted/booked by Leigh Feldman and Tyler Tastemaker with Doc Adam as a multi year resident DJ.
sacrilicious 11:00 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:
Nah Wicked's main stay event was Wicked Wednesday which has rotated through a couple of different spots.

*is not was--though I reckon it's on hiatus as he just left town for Master of the Bacardi
DJ NoNseNse 11:04 PM - 2 August, 2011
Quote:

Not even close
CMOS 11:07 PM - 2 August, 2011
Nowwww i remember where i heard the thread title.

Watchwww.youtube.com
Steve Dub. 11:09 PM - 2 August, 2011
I went to the do-over sunday. Hip-hop spots are alive and well. You just have to find them. It was one of the best clubs/parties I've been to.
Steve Dub. 11:12 PM - 2 August, 2011
This is from Sunday www.twitvid.com
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 12:25 AM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Right, Bad Boy tunes was much bigger and it crossed over everywhere! I remember ordering food from my local spot and the radio was playing mo money mo problesm and the old dude behind the counter was like, is that "puffy daddy"? I like him!!! The weezys and drakes are really big with the younger stanky legger crowd. The internet probably makes them feel like they are much bigger, but there songs could never cross over like Bad Boy's in the 90's.

I've been spinning for almost 30 yrs now (plus used to do Record Promotion in the 90's so I'm looking at the picture a little different), trust me - those 3 aren't just some flash in the pan hot garbage shit artist. Bad Boy was cool and NOBODY can compare to Biggie (EVER), Ma$e (thats what that is above) was cool also, but who else was Bad Boy that made a lasting impression... the Lox?? (I know I forgot somebody - Faith, Total,???)

You can hear shit like Nicki's - Right Thru Me and Moment for Life on crossover radio. Drake is on everybody's record so even if it ain't his track - he blows it up (I'm On One - Khaled) Weezie also has crossover appeal.

It's not just the stanky leg crowd - I am moving into my late 40's and I can drop Mrs Officer for the 30 and up crowd and fill the floor damn near everytime.

Not jocking but just amazed - y'all can hate on 'em but trust me come back to this thread and 3 or 5 years ...
DJ Trexx 4:58 PM - 3 August, 2011
Hip Hop is actually making a big comeback in parts of LA. All the college functions I play at is 70 percent of the time all hip hop. Alot of clubs are starting to notice too that woman still like to dance!! It all them young ravers that are into it. I was in high school from 2006-2010. Hip hop still ruled! It wasnt until my junior year in 2009 Where I began hearing electro at house parties, and because it was a new trend, people liked it. I dont hate it because hip house and electro made my crate selection larger :) I remember it like it was yesturday. Crookers made a mashup to Kid Cudi's "Day and Night" after that song went big a few of my DJ homies began searching other electro jams by crookers and other electro artist. After that the fliers began to say, "playing the best of hip hop/electro. Then hip hop began to be played less at parties. People kept saying how they were tired of the same lines of "pop this booty or shake that and this". Well the tables have turned. People are getting sort of tired of pounding bass and high bpms with effects. And Shuffling- OMG dont get me started on that. People wanna be able to groove again, not stomp their feet in madness!! People wanna to go back to having fun on the dance floor. I have played "Only You" Bad Boy Remix by 112 featuring Biggie, Mase, And Diddy at the last 4 events. And the crowd went wild, singing the lyrics like they were amazed to hear that JAM.
And Drake aint something to play, he dont make dance jamz. He's good but thats a different style. Electro to me is good for shows and concerts. But if someone wants to have a good time, party and dance their ass off. Hip Hop/ Hip House/Old School is the best
DJDDT 5:23 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:

+1
the_black_one 11:10 PM - 3 August, 2011
im glad Urban rooted music has taken a back seat to pop music! More girls, less dudes on the dance floor
a DJ 6:03 AM - 4 August, 2011
Man I wish it was like that, I been outta the bay for 2 years, but I went to college with people from all over Cali and they mostly wanted that new top40 pop cheesy shit cuz it's faster and "easier to dance to." I mean I like some of the songs, especially Pitbull but they get old, especially playing the same ones. I swear it's a class thing. All my folks from the hood still love hip hop, but everyone else only fucks with dubstep, electro, techno, house, etc. I would just say fuck it, but I don't wanna be limited to low paying gigs.
Nicky Blunt 11:00 AM - 4 August, 2011
Here in london the edm scene pretty much dominates everything! It fuckin sucks ass!

But there is a scene out there, u just have to search for it, which i kinda like because it means when we go to those parties the people r there for the music not to "look cool".
DJ Trexx 3:12 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
But there is a scene out there, u just have to search for it, which i kinda like because it means when we go to those parties the people r there for the music not to "look cool".
DJ eXeS 5:57 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Here in london the edm scene pretty much dominates everything! It fuckin sucks ass!

+1
SiRocket 6:27 PM - 4 August, 2011
great thread.
lotty 9:58 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Man I wish it was like that, I been outta the bay for 2 years, but I went to college with people from all over Cali and they mostly wanted that new top40 pop cheesy shit cuz it's faster and "easier to dance to." I mean I like some of the songs, especially Pitbull but they get old, especially playing the same ones. I swear it's a class thing. All my folks from the hood still love hip hop, but everyone else only fucks with dubstep, electro, techno, house, etc. I would just say fuck it, but I don't wanna be limited to low paying gigs.

I wonder if another reason, besides the drugs and energy drinks, that people like fast music is because they don't know how to dance and because faster music has more beats it makes them look like they can dance whereas with a slower song it will really tell if you can dance or not because the beats are spread apart more. Most people dance to the bass drum and their movements start from there and if you can't dance faster music allows you to give the illusion of being able to dance due to more movements.

If you can't dance, with slower music you will look like this(lol):

Elaineยดs Dance
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:07 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

I wonder if another reason, besides the drugs and energy drinks, that people like fast music is because they don't know how to dance and because faster music has more beats it makes them look like they can dance whereas with a slower song it will really tell if you can dance or not because the beats are spread apart more. Most people dance to the bass drum and their movements start from there and if you can't dance faster music allows you to give the illusion of being able to dance due to more movements.

Elaineยดs Dance
Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com

dout it because most of my "i cant dance to this" comments come with faster music
lotty 10:17 PM - 4 August, 2011
Let me rephrase that when I state faster music I'm refereeing to simple fast music with just efx, like techno or most electronic music not something more complex like say salsa, fast r&b, soca or some types of dub or anything that isn't just a bass drum being the snare and kick drum like in a lot of electronic music the kick drum is constant and there is no snare or if it is it almost sounds like a snare. This is what I mean by faster music that is easier for some people to dance to due to lack of complexities within the song to try to understand and dance to.
Dj-M.Bezzle 10:20 PM - 4 August, 2011
Quote:
Let me rephrase that when I state faster music I'm refereeing to simple fast music with just efx, like techno or most electronic music not something more complex like say salsa, fast r&b, soca or some types of dub or anything that isn't just a bass drum being the snare and kick drum like in a lot of electronic music the kick drum is constant and there is no snare or if it is it almost sounds like a snare. This is what I mean by faster music that is easier for some people to dance to due to lack of complexities within the song to try to understand and dance to.

im saying i can be playing LMFAO or pitbul (128-130)and people in my area say they can dance to it and ask for travis porter and lil wayne (70-80)
lotty 10:22 PM - 4 August, 2011
Yeah, I can see that. I guess I can scratch that theory.
DJ Trexx 11:11 PM - 4 August, 2011

So true!! people cannot dance anymore. Electro is a cover up for foo's who dont or cant dance with a woman lol
lotty 11:39 PM - 4 August, 2011
M-Bezzle, I did some more thinking about this and I think I may be right because southern songs are known for making the hi hat give that faster feel even though bpm is slower it just determines what your listening to that will decide your dance rhythm. If it's the drum then you may dance slow but if it's the high hat or a song with numerous hi hat's in it then you may dance a little faster. It's hard for me to explain in writing but listen to these two video to see how bpm can sound different and give a more laid back feeling or and want to dance feeling based on the drum beat even though the bpm is still the same. It may jsut be also some people just want to dance to certain songs they feel more but I think it has something to do with how the producer manipulated the drum beats into the bpm.

Hip Hop Beat At 72 Bpm (the beat changes at 2:08)
Watchwww.youtube.com

Drums at 72 BPM
Watchwww.youtube.com
lotty 11:44 PM - 4 August, 2011
This is a good example also:
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJ NoNseNse 9:19 AM - 5 August, 2011
The slower stuff is good for dancing nuts to butts though.
xplycyt 11:21 PM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:

haha! nuts to butts!!!
O.B.1 4:20 AM - 9 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

haha! nuts to butts!!!

this calls for a (nh)

(nm)
Tommy Vercetti 4:25 AM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:

DJ No Nse Nse, I HATE rap music to DEATH! Rap is the absolute worst scourge on society! It's infected about 95 percent of the nightlife atmosphere here in Fort Myers, Florida! There's DOZENS of bars and nightclubs here in Southwest Florida that have great potential, but today, only maybe 3 or 4 of them are even worth going to because they don't play rap!

Normal people don't listen to rap! Are you kidding me? With all that profanity, the glorification of the gangsta thug life, the F-bomb dropping out of the loudspeakers like an Oklahoma hailstorm!? Gang bangers, thugs, killers, and drug smugglers listen and dance to that garbage! Terrorists listen and dance to gangsta rap! People who blow up occupied buildings with truck bombs listen and dance to rap! I'm surprised there hasn't yet been even multiple terrorist bombings in Lee County, Florida! Some say that rap gets people dancing and partying. But what rap really does is gets people shooting, killing, raping, and robbing other people, doing illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and such, and also blowing up occupied buildings! I'm pretty sure rap easily got the perps behind even the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103, the recent massacre in Orlando, the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing; yes, even they who flew those planes/missiles into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on 9/11/01 and then sent the Twin Towers and Building 7 crashing to the ground in heaps of smoking wreckage, all pumped up and motivated to execute their heinous acts of terror. And there are no less than 11 bars and nightclubs in Lee County, Florida that have rap as a mainstream music!
DJ Ravien 5:38 AM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
But what rap really does is gets people shooting, killing, raping, and robbing other people, doing illegal drugs such as heroin, cocaine, marijuana, and such, and also blowing up occupied buildings!

ROFLMMFAO! WTF! Blowing up buildings. That a new one.

What kind of music do you listen to? Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra

All music has been linked to drugs in one way or another. EDM is notoriously linked to Ecstasy, Ketamine and even LSD. I am sure there are also users doing Coke and know for a fact they are smoking weed. Rock n Roll was known for similar drug usage. Drugs are a part of the concert/festival culture. Has been and probably always will be. The hippies were constantly smoking pot and dropping hits of acid back in the 60's and 70's.

And, Granted not too much music has been linked to gun violence with the exception of rap, However Heavy metal, Punk Rock, Death metal, Rock and I'm sure plenty of other have been linked to violence in general. Btw, Country music is known for wife beating and getting drunk.

But seriously, WTF Blowing up buildings! LOL @ the Trade Towers or Oklahoma bombing having anything to do with rap music. LMAO, Dude seriously that almost made me shit my pants when I read it. You my friend should be a comedian, But first take your head out your *AHEM* and try placing it in a book. Let me guess your voting for Trump?

Don't bother responding. Not tracking. Lol.... BLOWING UP BUILDINGS HAHAHAHAHAH LMFAO WTF Oh dear.
Tommy Vercetti 6:07 AM - 11 July, 2016
It's NOT funny man! There are 11 total bars and nightclubs in Lee County that play rap as their mainstream music! All but one of the downtown bars play rap, some even play 100 percent of it all night! One bar that I checked out a couple weeks ago and again about 6 months ago, The Keys Bar & Grill at Gulf Coast Town Center, not only was playing solid rap, but even the DJ was a pottymouth!

Six months ago, I was checking out their College Night party. The bar was just playing rap song after rap song, and the music stopped for a while after the 3rd rap song I heard, and I thought; good riddance! Let's get some nicer music. But when the DJ came back a few minutes later, he said the F-word in his announcements! He was literally; "...let's get this party good and (censored) up!" And then MORE stinking rap!

How ready I was to wash that DJ's mouth out with soap!

And then 6 months later, they're STILL playing rap right from the start! College night is a joke! Beautiful young women hooking up with violent killers and domestic terrorists! Hooking up with guys that, if a friendly guy approached her, the boyfriend would be; "Get away from my lady 'fo I blow up yo' car with you in it!" to the nice guy.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:18 AM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
if a friendly guy approached her, the boyfriend would be; "Get away from my lady 'fo I blow up yo' car with you in it!" to the nice guy.

Then the "Friendly/Nice Guy" shouldn't be trying to steal the boyfriend's girl....no?
DJ Ravien 6:24 AM - 11 July, 2016
LMFAO Blowing up buildings and now your car! WTH dude... I seriously just laughed for like 10 minutes on my way to store and kept saying to myself "Blowing up buildings" I only came back to say LOL Blowing up buildings!
ROFL Dude stop... I can't breathe. "potty mouth" OMG He said a curse word! Your hilarious. You don't like rap music I get it. Your just a little extreme. Did some thug steal your girlfriend or something.

Quote:
Then the "Friendly/Nice Guy" shouldn't be trying to steal the boyfriend's girl....no
"

Agreed 100%

Just curious is the "nice guy" you Tommy?
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:42 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
but even the DJ was a pottymouth!

Damn POTTYMOUTH DJs - stopping the music - so unprofessional
Tommy Vercetti 5:44 PM - 11 July, 2016
I'm single, man! And honestly, I'd rather be a disciple of Jesus Christ than be a gangster! Or a drug smuggler, or a terrorist, or a thug, or a crime boss! I live in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral metro area and one thing I especially love is cheerleaders. Apparently, about ten miles or so from my residence is Florida Gulf Coast University which has some seriously sexy cheerleaders! But every single one of the bars near the college plays only rap as their mainstream! Like, how else am I supposed to interact with the cheerleaders, or best yet, get a FGCU cheerleader for a girlfriend/future wife, if not at a bar?

I'm totally not attracted to women who are overweight/obese, and yet even in tropical paradise, obesity prevails! All because of lazy sedentaries that love to act like it's 25 below zero outside with a roaring blizzard despite all the palm trees and hot weather year round!
the SOUNDINSURGENT 6:58 PM - 11 July, 2016
Issues bro, issues......
Tommy Deem 7:21 PM - 11 July, 2016
Tommy Vercetti, why u hate music?? Why u hate instruments?? Why u hate vocals?? Why u hate rhytm??
eugguy 7:49 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
Tommy Vercetti, why u hate music?? Why u hate instruments?? Why u hate vocals?? Why u hate rhytm??

Why you no doctor yet mutha pucka?
Joshua Carl 7:49 PM - 11 July, 2016
dont feed the trolls fellas.
Antonio Essex 8:13 PM - 11 July, 2016
Tommy Versetti please gather all your gear and please donate it to your local kids foundation. Anyone who can blame a certain type of music on terrorism and murder has gone full retard.
DJ Ravien 8:27 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
I'm single, man! And honestly, I'd rather be a disciple of Jesus Christ than be a gangster! Or a drug smuggler, or a terrorist, or a thug, or a crime boss! I live in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral metro area and one thing I especially love is cheerleaders. Apparently, about ten miles or so from my residence is Florida Gulf Coast University which has some seriously sexy cheerleaders! But every single one of the bars near the college plays only rap as their mainstream! Like, how else am I supposed to interact with the cheerleaders, or best yet, get a FGCU cheerleader for a girlfriend/future wife, if not at a bar?

I'm totally not attracted to women who are overweight/obese, and yet even in tropical paradise, obesity prevails! All because of lazy sedentaries that love to act like it's 25 below zero outside with a roaring blizzard despite all the palm trees and hot weather year round!

To each his own, I personally love overweight girls :D Less self confidence JK ... well kinda I do love me a big girl.

WWJD in a night club? Probably not stand around judging everyone and get on the dance floor and bust a groove! I don't know how many clubs I went to where just dancing attracted women not saying a single word till after the music stopped. Meanwhile all the "thugs" or too cool to dance crowd, stood on the side line boppin their heads, lookin angry cause the girl they been trying to holla at was now dancing with me.

In my experience women can sense when your only purpose for the night is to hook up with them. Not what clubs are really intended for and is usually a by-product of having a good time. So try having a good time!

In your case however, I suggest church, grocery stores, local gym... Or even a psychiatric ward :)

LMAO BLOWING UP BUILDINGS!!! Oh man that gets me every time!

Quote:
haha! nuts to butts!!!

Lol, They use to tell us that in basic. Make your battle buddy happy, Nuts to Butts.
AKIEM 9:01 PM - 11 July, 2016
Quote:
I'm single, man! And honestly, I'd rather be a disciple of Jesus Christ than be a gangster! Or a drug smuggler, or a terrorist, or a thug, or a crime boss!

Tommy Vercetti, Cime Boss

I dont know, that has a ring to it. Sounds like that dude gets plenty of cheerlead chix.

Quote:
I live in the Fort Myers/Cape Coral metro area and one thing I especially love is cheerleaders. Apparently, about ten miles or so from my residence is Florida Gulf Coast University which has some seriously sexy cheerleaders! But every single one of the bars near the college plays only rap as their mainstream! Like, how else am I supposed to interact with the cheerleaders, or best yet, get a FGCU cheerleader for a girlfriend/future wife, if not at a bar?

LOL Rap Terrorist LOL
Tommy Vercetti 3:24 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:

I dont know, that has a ring to it. Sounds like that dude gets plenty of cheerlead chix.

I don't get any cheerleaders at all! All that rap at the bars drives me away, all while the cheerleaders are hooking up with violent killers! Like, how in the blazes else am I supposed to even interact with college cheerleaders anymore with all that rap at every single bar within 5 miles of Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU)?
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:27 AM - 12 July, 2016
Forget the cheerleaders, they're obviously outta your league bro........ Stick the libraries and church.......
Tommy Vercetti 3:42 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
LMFAO Blowing up buildings and now your car! WTH dude... I seriously just laughed for like 10 minutes on my way to store and kept saying to myself "Blowing up buildings" I only came back to say LOL Blowing up buildings!

Now, it may not be a good idea to be mumbling "blowing up buildings" in a public setting. Since 9/11, America has been extremely paranoid about further terrorist acts, especially with so many people believeing the heinous lies that jet fuel burns at even 6,000 degrees Fahrenheit and that the jet fuel brought down the towers. Like what do they think those buildings were made of, balsa wood? There are rumors that planted explosives, not burning jet fuel or the fires, sent the Twin Towers and Building 7 of the World Trade Center crumbling into their own footprints, all the way down to their bare foundations. And as obvious, not only do Americans not want to hear about it, but neither do Americans even want to hear about other highrise fires in world history, even that were ten times bigger, hotter, and more widespread than at the World Trade Center. They don't want to hear or listen to anything about, for instance, the Joelma Building in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 1974, the Windsor Tower in 2005, the Cyber World towers in 2008, and not even the plane that crashed into the Empire State Building in 1945. They just want to keep their beliefs of; "God Himself could never stand up in a Boeing 747 (or 767) impact and a jet fuel fire!" and "If a fire breaks out in this highrise building and/or a plane, even a small plane, crashes into it, the building will collapse to it's bare foundation, no questions asked!" Former President George W Bush has done a lot more damage to America, both physically and spiritually, than many people even worldwide want to believe.
Tommy Vercetti 3:57 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:

What kind of music do you listen to? Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra

I like Old School, R&B, 80s and 90s dance music, spanish, and a little country. Now, I'm not exactly a big fan of slow songs, but I totally will take even 6 HOURS of continuous, nonstop slow songs at a nightclub over ONE rap song ANY night! THAT is how much I hate rap! And I mean seriously, 6 hours of nonstop slow songs with not one single fast song at all; just slow song after slow song nonstop for 6 hours straight, I will very seriously take that over even ONE rap song, any night, at any nightclub or bar! Even if it means only between 5 and 10 couples at a time on the dance floor!
Tommy Vercetti 4:10 AM - 12 July, 2016
Also, there is a problem with going to places that have all of the same people every day, every week, and every month. Oftentimes, the people at such places, especially church, are either already married, far too young (teens and children), far too old (in their 70s, 80s, and even 90s agewise), or even just flat out unattractive (especially overweight/morbidly obese.) Obesity especially has absolutely ZERO excuse AT ALL in tropical paradise! Southwest Florida, including Fort Myers and Cape Coral, is tropical paradise! Anyone who is overweight/obese who wants to live in tropical paradise really needs to get on that bicycle, go to the beach, go swimming, go jogging, go dancing, and also mix in healthy fruits and vegetables such as oranges, grapefruits, coconuts, pineapples, bananas, broccoli, lettuce, peanuts, and such into their diets! Many of which you can grow in your own backyard in tropical paradise. Lose the weight! Get in shape, get your skinny back on again! Obviously, nightclubs and bars often see different people every day, week, and month.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:20 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Like, how in the blazes else am I supposed to even interact with college cheerleaders anymore with all that rap at every single bar within 5 miles of Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU)?

Fear no more my friend. You have found the HAVEN of great advice, where we here at the Serato Boards specialize in serious like minded individuals such as yourself.

As you see, we had to rib you a little bit to see if you were SERIOUS about getting a connect.

Not only do we specialize in dating services (advice), but are also well known across the internet to treat others such as yourself from all walks of life...from virgins to drug addicts trying to pass a piss test.

Now that we have the formalities out of the way, make sure you download the Serato Advice app, actually you probably have since you are tracking this thread already...

So now down to the nitty gritty...

How old are you, and what type of girl/woman are you looking for?

One night stand?

Casual Encounter?

Librarian?

Cuckold?

How can we help you?
Tommy Vercetti 4:30 AM - 12 July, 2016
I am 35, and my ideal woman should be skinny, athletic, or average build, she can not smoke, she can not abuse alcohol and/or illegal drugs, I prefer if she is never married. I will take anywhere between 20 and 38 years of age and preferrably living in either Lee or Collier County, Florida. I am especially attracted to ethnic women, especially Asian, Hispanic, European, Latin, African, and South Pacific. I also like women with large boobs (at least C-cup or larger).

I'd like a relationship that will hopefully evolve into marriage, and if it occurs, I want a lifelong marriage, til death do us part, and without the possibility of divorce.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:42 AM - 12 July, 2016
And how many serious relationships have you been in?
Joshua Carl 4:42 AM - 12 July, 2016
Don't feed the trolls
DJ Ravien 4:44 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Now, it may not be a good idea to be mumbling "blowing up buildings" in a public setting. Since 9/11, America has been extremely paranoid about further terrorist acts, especially with so many people believeing the heinous lies that jet fuel burns at even 6,000 degrees Fahrenheit and that the jet fuel brought down the towers. Like what do they think those buildings were made of, balsa wood? There are rumors that planted explosives, not burning jet fuel or the fires, sent the Twin Towers and Building 7 of the World Trade Center crumbling into their own footprints, all the way down to their bare foundations. And as obvious, not only do Americans not want to hear about it, but neither do Americans even want to hear about other highrise fires in world history, even that were ten times bigger, hotter, and more widespread than at the World Trade Center. They don't want to hear or listen to anything about, for instance, the Joelma Building in Sao Paulo, Brazil in 1974, the Windsor Tower in 2005, the Cyber World towers in 2008, and not even the plane that crashed into the Empire State Building in 1945. They just want to keep their beliefs of; "God Himself could never stand up in a Boeing 747 (or 767) impact and a jet fuel fire!" and "If a fire breaks out in this highrise building and/or a plane, even a small plane, crashes into it, the building will collapse to it's bare foundation, no questions asked!" Former President George W Bush has done a lot more damage to America, both physically and spiritually, than many people even worldwide want to believe.

- Wait so it was Republicans listening to rap music?

Quote:
Fear no more my friend. You have found the HAVEN of great advice, where we here at the Serato Boards specialize in serious like minded individuals such as yourself.

As you see, we had to rib you a little bit to see if you were SERIOUS about getting a connect.

Not only do we specialize in dating services (advice), but are also well known across the internet to treat others such as yourself from all walks of life...from virgins to drug addicts trying to pass a piss test.

Best thing I've read all day.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:46 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Don't feed the trolls

Nah, he's legit...and we're here to help....
AKIEM 5:39 AM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I don't get any cheerleaders at all!

Not you. Tommy Vercetti the Cime Boss

If you were a crime boss you would get all the cheerleader ass you want.

Problem solved
Nyctob0t 5:59 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:

I start off with 125-130 usually but toward the end I drop down to 110 to 120. Maybe even into the 100s if the song blends.
Nyctob0t 6:01 PM - 12 July, 2016
Quote:
blow up occupied buildings

Are you confusing rap with nasheed?
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:06 AM - 13 July, 2016
Quote:
And how many serious relationships have you been in?

???
DJ Remy USA 4:55 PM - 13 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Like, how in the blazes else am I supposed to even interact with college cheerleaders anymore with all that rap at every single bar within 5 miles of Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU)?

Now that we have the formalities out of the way, make sure you download the Serato Advice app, actually you probably have since you are tracking this thread already...

One night stand?

Casual Encounter?

Librarian?

Cuckold?

How can we help you?

Im dying at work yall cant be serious lol
Papa Midnight 2:16 AM - 14 July, 2016
This is pure comedy
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:53 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One night stand?

Casual Encounter?

Librarian?

Cuckold?

How can we help you?

Im dying at work yall cant be serious lol

What?

Stop playing.... Let's help dude out ..
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 6:59 PM - 14 July, 2016
Quote:
This is pure comedy

I can assure you there is NOTHING comedic about not being able to pull a Cheerleader from FGCU.

Look, he kept it 100 with us, and we've helped numerous konfplk who have had absolutely garbage luck with chicks (cue Ms. Beezle vid), and they have bounced back to flourish and host bars in Mobile AL for top notch cheerleaders.

We can help...

So again, how many serious relationships would you say you've had?
Tommy Vercetti 3:33 AM - 15 July, 2016
Two. One in 2001, another in late 2003. I've been single since.
Tommy Vercetti 3:55 AM - 15 July, 2016
You think my posts are funny, huh? Well, I got something for you to laugh at! Before I first got banned from Facebook, my review, for instance, of The Keys Bar & Grill in Fort Myers was similar to the following;

Tommy Vercetti; 1 star.

(Beasts roar) GrrARRGH!!! (Banging the table, screaming my head off!) I HATE rap music! I HATE rap music! I HATE GANGSTA RAP!!!

I go here expecting some nice music and all I get here is STINKING RAP!!! Rap is EVIL, it is HORRIBLE! It is TERRIBLE! Normal people don't listen to rap! Gang bangers, thugs, drug smugglers, and serial killers do! Terrorists listen to rap! People like those behind 9/11 listen to rap! People like those behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, and the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 listen to rap! And even the DJ used foul language in his announcements! How ready I was to wash that DJ's mouth out with soap!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:17 AM - 15 July, 2016
Quote:
Two. One in 2001, another in late 2003. I've been single since.

Ok, so you've been "chilling" for 13 years....

So when was the last time you went on a date?

Also, what is your idea of a "Perfect Date"?
d:raf 4:52 AM - 15 July, 2016
Tommy Vercetti 4:56 AM - 15 July, 2016
Late 2003 was last time I went on a date. I used to live in Chicagoland, and man are the women there terrible! They are the worst kind of gold diggers imaginable! They want the big, tremendously rich and spoiled Alpha guys! And more than before, women from the mid and far suburbs are pouring into Chicago's humongous ghetto like the 2011 tsunami into Soma City, Japan! And they are doing that for one reason and only one reason! To hook up with violent cop killers with AK-47s, stolen stretch limousines, stolen luxury Ferraris, and enough stolen cash and credit cards to turn all of Northern Illinois into their own playground! All because of the scarcity of guys in the suburbs who get their $750,000+ a year annual incomes, their Ferraris, their gigantic mansions, their cabin cruisers, and such with a professional 9-5 job. So they are going for guys that get that kind of wealth and even more through armed robberies, shootings, homicides, car jackings, dealing illegal drugs, burglaries, thefts, all the easy but wrong and illegal way! Some of those flash mob guys with AK-47s are even practically more rich than movie stars! And the flash mobs are all over the entire inner city of Chicago, including the entire downtown area, as well as Lincoln Park.
DJ Ravien 5:05 AM - 15 July, 2016
Quote:
(Beasts roar) GrrARRGH!!! (Banging the table, screaming my head off!) I HATE rap music! I HATE rap music! I HATE GANGSTA RAP!!!

You do this with the cheerleaders are watching? I'm shocked that you aren't beating them off with a stick. I would've thought women would be wildly attracted to a heavily opinionated man such as yourself.

Quote:
So they are going for guys that get that kind of wealth and even more through armed robberies, shootings, homicides, car jackings, dealing illegal drugs, burglaries, thefts, all the easy but wrong and illegal way! S

Remember most criminals will live a short life, and then burn for an eternity in a lake of hell fire. So worry not my child for their time is short and you will live for an eternity in the grace of god. Surrounded by the cheerleaders of the almighty himself.
Tommy Vercetti 5:16 AM - 15 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
So they are going for guys that get that kind of wealth and even more through armed robberies, shootings, homicides, car jackings, dealing illegal drugs, burglaries, thefts, all the easy but wrong and illegal way!

Remember most criminals will live a short life, and then burn for an eternity in a lake of hell fire. So worry not my child for their time is short and you will live for an eternity in the grace of god. Surrounded by the cheerleaders of the almighty himself.

Mostly true, criminals do live very short lives. Often ended by gunfire, either from a rival gang or from police or a SWAT team. Unfortunately some criminals stay out of prison by being fugitives and cop killers.

At the same time, I read that going to Heaven may not exactly be as easy as it looks. Apparently according to Scripture, especially if we are not saved by Jesus's blood, our righteous works are as filthy rags. Also, Jesus said that not everyone who calls Him "Lord" will make it into eternal paradise.
Tommy Deem 5:49 AM - 15 July, 2016
Tommy Vercetti u know that there is professional help which u can also get??
DJ Ravien 5:59 AM - 15 July, 2016
We all live short lives. Criminal or not most don't make it past the age of 80.

As far as the scripture goes, just do what most Christians do and cherry pick the parts you like or just pick a new denomination. Too easy :)

Quote:

Does it rhyme with drink?
Tommy Vercetti 7:48 AM - 16 July, 2016
Quote:

It's those rap DJs that need the professional help! They need counseling! They need lessons on how to play the right music!
DJ Ravien 8:17 AM - 16 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

It's those rap DJs that need the professional help! They need counseling! They need lessons on how to play the right music!

Just out of curiosity, Have you ever considered that the music they play isn't the problem but your attitude?

lifebeatsfiction.files.wordpress.com

Personally, If I were you I would give up on DJ'ing and Clubbin and instead take up golf.
Mr. Goodkat 11:00 PM - 16 July, 2016
trolling, look into it
DJ Ravien 5:56 AM - 17 July, 2016
Quote:
trolling, look into it

treasure.diylol.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 5:36 PM - 17 July, 2016
Quote:
Late 2003 was last time I went on a date. I used to live in Chicagoland, and man are the women there terrible! They are the worst kind of gold diggers imaginable! They want the big, tremendously rich and spoiled Alpha guys! And more than before, women from the mid and far suburbs are pouring into Chicago's humongous ghetto like the 2011 tsunami into Soma City, Japan! And they are doing that for one reason and only one reason! To hook up with violent cop killers with AK-47s, stolen stretch limousines, stolen luxury Ferraris, and enough stolen cash and credit cards to turn all of Northern Illinois into their own playground! All because of the scarcity of guys in the suburbs who get their $750,000+ a year annual incomes, their Ferraris, their gigantic mansions, their cabin cruisers, and such with a professional 9-5 job. So they are going for guys that get that kind of wealth and even more through armed robberies, shootings, homicides, car jackings, dealing illegal drugs, burglaries, thefts, all the easy but wrong and illegal way! Some of those flash mob guys with AK-47s are even practically more rich than movie stars! And the flash mobs are all over the entire inner city of Chicago, including the entire downtown area, as well as Lincoln Park.

I see...

Now what is your idea of a "Perfect Date"?

Some of us here care about your well being....

Ignore the haters...
Mr. Goodkat 10:21 PM - 17 July, 2016
surely you dont need attn this bad johnny. hes a troll
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 10:25 PM - 17 July, 2016
Quote:

Man, we've helped people from ALL walks of life on here, no?

Drug addicts, Alcoholics, Cripples, and Virgins...

Each one teach one!
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 2:14 AM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

It's been a while since the days of Tony Little AND better than all the "I need a DJ Name posts" or talking about the latest Serato DJ glitches...

Entertainment?
DJ Ravien 5:22 AM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
Entertainment?

Indeed.
DJ Remix Detroit 11:10 AM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:

Drug addicts

remeinds me of that shirt that says "DJ's dont share needles"...lol
DJ Remix Detroit 11:11 AM - 18 July, 2016
DJ Ravien 11:59 AM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
skreened.com

LOL, thats great
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:55 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
skreened.com

OMG!

That's a RADIO SHACK BRANDED ADC/QLM MKII/III needle!

They were the secret weapon of those who were scratching EARLY in the game...

They cost 12.95, but if you only bought the needle it was 9.99!

Dope!
DJ Remix Detroit 3:50 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
skreened.com

OMG!

Dope!

i thought you dont "click no lanks"

youre slipping old man.... youre slipping
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:56 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
skreened.com

OMG!

Dope!

i thought you dont "click no lanks"

Actually, when dude said "LOL, that's great", I was tempted...

It's rare when somebody bigs up something YOU say....so....
DJ Remix Detroit 4:07 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
It's rare when somebody bigs up something YOU say....so....

it's expected when most of the DJ's here are libtards....

you can't save everybody. ;)
d:raf 5:55 PM - 18 July, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
skreened.com

LOL, thats great

I couldn't wear that because of the possessive-form typo in "needle's".

Damn shame...
Marv Incredible 7:08 PM - 18 July, 2016
Glad to know I'm not the only one. lol
Tommy Vercetti 8:04 AM - 28 July, 2016
Hey! I just got news that there was a SHOOTING the other night at one of Fort Myers' rap nightclubs! Two people were killed and reportedly at least 17 were injured.
Tommy Vercetti 8:19 AM - 28 July, 2016
Quote:
We all live short lives. Criminal or not most don't make it past the age of 80.

As far as the scripture goes, just do what most Christians do and cherry pick the parts you like or just pick a new denomination. Too easy :)

Does it rhyme with drink?

For guys, the current average life expectancy in America is 76 years. For women, it's longer, I think I read 80 or 81 years.
DJ Ravien 9:13 AM - 28 July, 2016
lol, welcome back Tommy! How goes the search for a cheerleader?
Code:E 5:41 PM - 6 August, 2016
Tommy Vercetti, I just have to know are you a trump supporter?

How do you feel about religion in schools?
DJ Remy USA 8:59 PM - 6 August, 2016
Quote:

gets popcorn
Papa Midnight 4:11 AM - 7 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

gets popcorn

i.imgur.com
Tommy Vercetti 3:00 AM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

gets popcorn

i.imgur.com

No way would I ever be supporter of Trump, a guy who may just as well divide the entire country by gender, women on one side, men on the other, and a huge military zone in between. If all the ethnic women are deported from America, the divorce rate will immediately soar to 100 percent.

As for schools, they need to put both God and Jesus back into the equasion!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:42 AM - 9 August, 2016
What is an Ethnic woman?
DJ Ravien 11:29 AM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:

When did God ever leave, isn't God everywhere? Students have every right to pray, they just cannot be forced too.

Should women not be allowed to teach or have authority over men? Should men not trim the hair near their temples or shave their beards? Should children be stoned for cursing their parents? Should women who are not virgins be killed on their wedding night? Should non-believers be killed or better yet should an entire town be killed because one believes in another God?

Remember Jesus said "I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets."
Papa Midnight 1:23 PM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

gets popcorn

i.imgur.com

i.imgur.com
DJ Remix Detroit 8:22 PM - 9 August, 2016
Quote:
When did God ever leave, isn't God everywhere? Students have every right to pray, they just cannot be forced too

very true
ilvit 12:56 PM - 10 August, 2016
they dont like that type of music anymore because its awful.and ITS NOT MUSIC To BEGIN WITH.

ITS nasty,and if you like it. LISTEN TO IT AT HOME OR IN YOUR CAR AND BOTHER US WHEN WE PULL UP TO YOUR CAR,AND HEAR THAT GARBAGE CALLED MUSIC

NOT GOOD MUSIC ,IF you can call it THAT.

FINALLY and hopefully it dies completely
Dom_coates 2:56 PM - 10 August, 2016
Quote:
Most owners think they know what they are doing in terms of entertainment and customer service when in reality they are nothing more than the funds that keeps the place in operational necessities. Its the bartenders and the dj that keep the place open but owners think they know better than everyone. Ive told so many owners to check that ego and I got fired from a few of them after that. Haha what a bunch of sad pathetic money hungry shitheads. The ones that were willing to listen saw a jump in revenue.

Agree with this shit sooo much!
soul63 4:20 PM - 10 August, 2016
The reality is club & bar owners here in the uk are gong to get their club shut down if they dont ban certain genres..it happens all the time..now thats not fair on the promoters and the public who behave themselves..but when you have stabbings,shootings..what you going to do? trust me the police here in london have a list of promoters who are banned from putting on events.because of the crowd they attract..i wouldnt have it..but you can have revival,jazz,soul,roots nights where the crowd will be mostly black..so its not about black people and music..its about a couple of genres..hip hop.& bashment(dancehall) and the bad element those genres attract..its a reality
Tommy Vercetti 6:43 AM - 15 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

When did God ever leave, isn't God everywhere? Students have every right to pray, they just cannot be forced too.

Should women not be allowed to teach or have authority over men? Should men not trim the hair near their temples or shave their beards? Should children be stoned for cursing their parents? Should women who are not virgins be killed on their wedding night? Should non-believers be killed or better yet should an entire town be killed because one believes in another God?

Remember Jesus said "I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets."

Schools have been banning prayer towards God for the past few decades and have even banned the American Flag! They are teaching our kids things that are totally anti-God and anti-Jesus! And now reportedly schools are playing rap at their Homecoming dances!
DJ Ravien 1:35 AM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
Schools have been banning prayer towards God for the past few decades and have even banned the American Flag! They are teaching our kids things that are totally anti-God and anti-Jesus! And now reportedly schools are playing rap at their Homecoming dances!

Matthew 6:5

โ€œAnd when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him"

Go read your bible. Prayer even according to the bible is meant to be personal. So why on earth would you want forced prayer in school? What exactly is being taught in school that is anti-god/jesus?
dj_soo 7:56 AM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Every so often, I think that the ultra right, religious, American stereotype has got to be mainly satire, but then shit like this happens and I'm not so sure...
djdonny007 10:19 AM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Amen
DJ Remy USA 11:29 AM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Every so often, I think that the ultra right, religious, American stereotype has got to be mainly satire, but then shit like this happens and I'm not so sure...

Bible thumping is def a thing still in the states. Its all regional though so lets D.C isnt really a super religious place but a small town in Kansas is still stuck in 1800 as far as how they think. Why do you think we have so many people who support Trump down here those are the Christian religious zealots. No nothing is wrong with religion but without balance religion is just as toxic as anything else in my opinion. How did we get here lol
djdonny007 1:07 PM - 17 August, 2016
How did this discussion go from the original post to religion?
Papa Midnight 3:18 PM - 17 August, 2016
Quote:
How did this discussion go from the original post to religion?

i.imgur.com
Rick G 3:42 PM - 17 August, 2016
Its all supply and demand... Hip hop has lost some steam that's all. There is a new wave of music taking front stage now, and that is what the club owners want to be a part of. As a DJ you should embrace it, and work with it. If your real passion is Hip Hop that can certain be sampled into these newer genres. DJ'ing is first and foremost about reading the crowd... giving them what they want even if they dont know. Club owners really wont care what you play if people are paying covers, dancing , having a good time, and drinking overpriced booze.
Typically their requests, are based on their experience with their clientele in the past.
Tommy Vercetti 10:19 PM - 18 August, 2016
It's indeed a coincidence! At the same time God/Jesus are being forced out of our schools, rap music is reportedly spreading like a cancer, not only throughout the bar/club scene, but also throughout our high school dances! Rap is the devil's music! Rap comes straight out of the pits of the Lake of Fire.
DJ Ravien 12:45 AM - 19 August, 2016
I thought heavy metal was the devils music?

Watchwww.youtube.com
Tommy Vercetti 4:10 AM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:
I thought heavy metal was the devils music?

Watchwww.youtube.com

Nope. Rap is the devil's music!
AKIEM 5:49 AM - 19 August, 2016
Is this one the Devils music?

youtu.be
AKIEM 5:54 AM - 19 August, 2016
I don't know, this shit seems kinda like devil music: youtu.be
DJ Ravien 11:31 AM - 19 August, 2016
Quote:
I don't know, this shit seems kinda like devil music: youtu.be

Ok now I'm scurred.
AKIEM 4:14 PM - 19 August, 2016
..how satanic can you get?
djdonny007 4:20 PM - 19 August, 2016
๐Ÿ˜ˆ
ParisCreative 11:54 PM - 19 August, 2016
Why is this thread still going? <facepalm>
Tommy Vercetti 8:25 AM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:

youtu.be

Technically, yes it is.
DJ Ravien 2:50 PM - 20 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Technically, yes it is.

So, we can no longer just blame rap music :( Damn, now I am going to have to change my flyers
AKIEM 5:29 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Technically, yes it is.

So, we can no longer just blame rap music :( Damn, now I am going to have to change my flyers

@Tommy, check this out:
www.terrorizer.com

Live Evil, bands like Satan, Antichrist, Pentagram, Beastmilk... C'mon man, you gotta admit Rock is waaaaaaaay more evil than Rap.
Mr.Jace 7:24 PM - 21 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Technically, yes it is.

@Tommy, check this out:
www.terrorizer.com

Live Evil, bands like Satan, Antichrist, Pentagram, Beastmilk... C'mon man, you gotta admit Rock is waaaaaaaay more evil than Rap.

Damn!!! That's some evil shit right there. Lol
DJ Ravien 8:04 PM - 21 August, 2016
LMFAO @ Beastmilk
AKIEM 6:40 PM - 22 August, 2016
lol evil as can be... 911 bomb dudes had to be listening to satanic death metal
DJ Ravien 9:52 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:

I think they were listening to this

Watchwww.youtube.com
AKIEM 11:53 PM - 22 August, 2016
Quote:
Quote:

I think they were listening to this

Watchwww.youtube.com

No doubt that counts as "rap". Tommy?
Culprit 12:19 AM - 23 August, 2016
I think it's more about crowd control that controlling what the dj plays? I mean, you play alot of rap or hip hop, dudes tend to think they are gangsta as shit.. it doesn't help they got something to prove to these females and drunk off their ass ya know..

That's just my 2 cents..
Culprit 12:21 AM - 23 August, 2016
Quote:
Club Owner mentality:

Hip Hop = rowdy crowd and people that come to the club drunk so they don't have to spend money at the bar.

EDM = hot chicks who bring guys that will spend money on them.

boom, this is exactly it. hit the nail on the head with this statement.
Mr. Goodkat 2:30 AM - 23 August, 2016
and its always the chicks that the bottle guys bring that ask for hip hop.
ilvit 5:37 PM - 4 September, 2016
I personally do Not think guys are that dumb. some /maybe...but not all
WinstonS 5:19 AM - 3 October, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
I don't get any cheerleaders at all! All that rap at the bars drives me away, all while the cheerleaders are hooking up with violent killers! Like, how in the blazes else am I supposed to even interact with college cheerleaders anymore with all that rap at every single bar within 5 miles of Florida Gulf Coast University (FGCU)?

FLEE from college cheerleaders! And flee REALLY dang hard and fast! Rap is the new mainstream. America is a gangsta worshipping thug,terror culture, man! And college cheerleaders are hooked up with violent terrorists with all the luxuries in the world! Guys with AK-47s, IEDs, homemade bombs, stolen Ferraris, stolen monster pickups with the lighted undercarriage, you name it. Furthermore, if you even happen to spot a college cheerleader near you, your life is in critical danger! Because chances are, her boyfriend is nearby and he's got a bomb! Probably even enough stolen C-4, dynamite, and nitroglycerin to have brought down up to a third of Chicago's Robert Taylor Homes housing complex!
Tommy Vercetti 8:36 AM - 6 December, 2016
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

youtu.be

Technically, yes it is.

@Tommy, check this out:
www.terrorizer.com

There is no other kind of music that is more evil than rap, especially hardcore gangsta rap.
AKIEM 5:47 PM - 6 December, 2016
Trying to figure out how literally satanic bands can make themselves even more evil to outdo "evil gangsta rap".

How can you be even MORE evil than Satan?

lol