Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Serato Itch and Numark NS6 -FIRMWARE PROBLEM!!‏

Product
ITCH
Version
Hardware
Numark NS6 +
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
amplus 11:28 PM - 25 July, 2011
Product: itch
Version: 1.7.1
Hardware: numark-ns6||no-fx-controller
Computer: pc
OS Version: vista32
---

Serato Itch and Numark NS6 -FIRMWARE PROBLEM!!‏
Did the firmware update in NS6. and now does not recognize NS6 serato.

How do I fix?
¿I can go back to previous firmware?

you recommend this as a solution with Sys Updating FW Lib_Mac.zip NS6.
and pc?
please help !!!!!!!!!!!!
Serato
Phibs 4:07 AM - 26 July, 2011
hey amplus,

can you check out this workaround here serato.com and let me know if this helps?

cheers.

phibs
amplus 4:14 AM - 26 July, 2011
Thank you very much.
These solutions do not work.
Serato
Phibs 12:40 AM - 27 July, 2011
hey amplus,

We are in touch with Numark to get a solution. Could you please contact the Numark support too and ask them for an answer regarding this? please let me know, if they can help you somehow.

cheers.

phibs
amplus 1:15 AM - 27 July, 2011
I sent two emails to numark. But still no answer.
The problem is the driver and not ITCH.

Thank you very much for your help
Serato
Phibs 3:57 AM - 27 July, 2011
I'm sure Numark is working under high pressure to solve this issue, unfortunately we are limited in our possibilities in this case. I hope Numark will come up with a solution soon - it would be nice, if you'd let me know if there are any news in your case!

cheers

phibs
amplus 3:41 PM - 27 July, 2011
He sent three emails to numark, yet I have no answer.
All recommendations were made that are in support of numark, but do not work.
I do not understand how numark sells a product with problems.
I'm not going to buy a numark equipment.
Thank you very much for your help.
Serato
Phibs 11:04 PM - 27 July, 2011
Hey amplus,

I'm very sorry that you are experiencing such an inconvenience with a Numark. Apparently it's only a certain amount of NS6s that cause problems. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know as soon as there are any news...if there's anything new from your side, please keep me posted as well...

phibs
amplus 11:06 PM - 27 July, 2011
I thank you very much all your help
amplus 2:40 PM - 2 August, 2011
Greetings friends!
Now I could finally solve the problem with my NUMARK NS6
As I always said the problem is with the firmware!!
From what I've seen the problem starts when you update the firmware ITCH ask because this problem is updated.
In another post someone recommended serato perform these steps:
First download a MIDI MONITOR application, the NS6 eeiniciar for opening the ITCH this re-update the firmware ... ... ..
First, download update SysEx Librarian program:
1. Download and unzip the "SysEx Librarian" app to your desktop.
Download Link: www.snoize.com
2. Leave the application closed for now.
Next, putting Into NS6 Update Mode (erased status):
1. Power OFF NS6
2. Attach to Mac via USB cable (Note: the Mac Must Have Already NS6 drivers loaded)
3. Power ON while holding down the NS6 FWD LOAD LOAD A and B buttons.
4. When you see right on cue deck blink, press CUE. (This Will erase the old FW.)
Note: You Should now see the LOOP IN LEFT button on the deck lit white solid.
Last, Update Firmware on your NS6:
1. Open SysEx Librarian
2. September destination dropdown to "MIDI" (by default)
3. In the top left of the desktop, go to SysEx Librarian -> Preferences -> Transmit Speed ​​-> and drag the slider to 99% or less. Close this window.
4. locate the "1.13.sys" file on desktop and click / drag it Sysex Libria Into the main window.
5. Press PLAY icon (top left in window) to send the file.
Will you now see LED flicker NS6 Loop across the unit. A progress bar in Lib Sys Will be displayed.
6. When the FW is finished sending, the right decks CUE button Will Blink. Press this button to complete the CUE update.
7. Remove USB cable from NS6
8. Then NS6 OFF the Power back ON.
9. Donate to reattach Mac.
Important: Wait for the Entire send to complete. do not interrupt. If interrupted, You Will Need to execute the process from the top.
This only works for """"""" """"""" MC
Mc I have not, so I just did the steps to reset the firmware and leave it at zero, as when the NS6 out of the box.
Then run the ITCH and automatically update the firmware, then the aftertaste ITCH NS6pero signal only for a short instant, so what I did was reinstall the ITCH, restart the PC and ready NS6 is recognized by the ITCH no problem! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Important: Do not install in Windows XP, then I'll IN VISTA.
The only thing is to work with four channels and CROSSFADER move from right to left, right track stops and starts again CROSSFADER moving back to the left, the other is working on tracks 4 channels pause start alone ... ... ... another time I gave the TAP and the RPM of the track is sped up and I could not stop.
Confess is an amateur with a lot to learn and this is my second MIDI controller, so it is safer to be so and not because the team I have problems ... ... I hope so.
Well hopefully this will be useful to other people like me who have suffered from this problem.
Serato
Phibs 2:20 AM - 3 August, 2011
awesome! did you get this solution from the Numark support?
amplus 2:53 PM - 3 August, 2011
Phibs, this solution takes the serato forum
stevie b 4:25 PM - 16 August, 2011
I am having the same problem. I am using windows xp. Can someone help me too. Should I contact numark? Or is this an easy fix?
amplus 5:57 PM - 16 August, 2011
Quote:
I am having the same problem. I am using windows xp. Can someone help me too. Should I contact numark? Or is this an easy fix?

Greetings friends!
Now I could finally solve the problem with my NUMARK NS6
As I always said the problem is with the firmware!!
From what I've seen the problem starts when you update the firmware ITCH ask because this problem is updated.
In another post someone recommended serato perform these steps:
First download a MIDI MONITOR application, the NS6 eeiniciar for opening the ITCH this re-update the firmware ... ... ..
First, download update SysEx Librarian program:
1. Download and unzip the "SysEx Librarian" app to your desktop.
Download Link: www.snoize.com
2. Leave the application closed for now.
Next, putting Into NS6 Update Mode (erased status):
1. Power OFF NS6
2. Attach to Mac via USB cable (Note: the Mac Must Have Already NS6 drivers loaded)
3. Power ON while holding down the NS6 FWD LOAD LOAD A and B buttons.
4. When you see right on cue deck blink, press CUE. (This Will erase the old FW.)
Note: You Should now see the LOOP IN LEFT button on the deck lit white solid.
Last, Update Firmware on your NS6:
1. Open SysEx Librarian
2. September destination dropdown to "MIDI" (by default)
3. In the top left of the desktop, go to SysEx Librarian -> Preferences -> Transmit Speed ​​-> and drag the slider to 99% or less. Close this window.
4. locate the "1.13.sys" file on desktop and click / drag it Sysex Libria Into the main window.
5. Press PLAY icon (top left in window) to send the file.
Will you now see LED flicker NS6 Loop across the unit. A progress bar in Lib Sys Will be displayed.
6. When the FW is finished sending, the right decks CUE button Will Blink. Press this button to complete the CUE update.
7. Remove USB cable from NS6
8. Then NS6 OFF the Power back ON.
9. Donate to reattach Mac.
Important: Wait for the Entire send to complete. do not interrupt. If interrupted, You Will Need to execute the process from the top.
This only works for """"""" """"""" MC
Mc I have not, so I just did the steps to reset the firmware and leave it at zero, as when the NS6 out of the box.
Then run the ITCH and automatically update the firmware, then the aftertaste ITCH NS6pero signal only for a short instant, so what I did was reinstall the ITCH, restart the PC and ready NS6 is recognized by the ITCH no problem! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Important: Do not install in Windows XP, then I'll IN VISTA.
The only thing is to work with four channels and CROSSFADER move from right to left, right track stops and starts again CROSSFADER moving back to the left, the other is working on tracks 4 channels pause start alone ... ... ... another time I gave the TAP and the RPM of the track is sped up and I could not stop.
Confess is an amateur with a lot to learn and this is my second MIDI controller, so it is safer to be so and not because the team I have problems ... ... I hope so.
Well hopefully this will be useful to other people like me who have suffered from this problem.
Serato
Phibs 11:12 PM - 27 September, 2011
Hey amplus ,

Just found the thread while cleaning up. Thanks again for sharing this!

cheers

Phibs