DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse

Dj Shamann 6:23 PM - 23 July, 2011
Damn....
Dj Shamann 6:24 PM - 23 July, 2011
sacrilicious 6:31 PM - 23 July, 2011
Nobody is surprised yet everybody is sad.
DJ Alkemy 6:37 PM - 23 July, 2011
27 too. Thats another one to the "27 list". I aint one bit suprised though. Still sad as hell.
Dj Shamann 6:44 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:

I think we all knew the one way track she was going down, but if you're a fan it doesn't mean it doesn't sting a little when we finally had to face the reality.
O.B.1 6:46 PM - 23 July, 2011
she must not have tiger's blood...
Discobee 6:51 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:

Are you guys really sad?
Dj Shamann 6:59 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Are you guys really sad?

I am.

I'm not going to cry, and I'll still go to my BBQ today and have a good time and life goes on but it doesn't mean it's not shitty news.
Discobee 7:11 PM - 23 July, 2011
Michael Jackson's death was sad...

The 90+ people that just got massacred in Norway is sad...

Amy Winehouse....not so much.

Maybe I'm just indifferent to it. Sorry for sounding like an a**.
Dj Shamann 7:22 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:

Let's not compare that. That's on two totally different levels. That's a horrific situation.

Quote:
Michael Jackson's death was sad...

Was he not an addict too?

I just find it funny that in the forum where people gush and proclaim their daily love for Dj AM, a guy who deliberately killed himself, a guy we're told should be an inspiration to us all, even after being given multiple shots at life and still blowing it, we're not allowed to tip our hat or feel bad after hearing the news of Amy Winehouse.

I was a fan, I wish she would've pulled through, but she didn't, and that's the reality of it and I accept that, life goes on. But I can still still take the news as bad news on the day that I heard it. I doubt she'll be getting the anniversary threads on birthdays and death dates but for today, it is what it is.
dj poisonous handz 7:24 PM - 23 July, 2011
crack kills
reggae delgado 7:24 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Are you guys really sad?

I'm sad she didn't record more or keep it together. She was a pretty singular talent, not too many voices from "our generation" could compare.

But natural selection is for real.
Dj Shamann 7:28 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
I'm sad she didn't record more or keep it together.

This.

I said it elsewhere, and believe me, I'm a "make your bed, you gotta lie in it" type of person. But the finalization of it, no more music, no evolution, no pulling through the mess is what sucks.
sixxx 7:36 PM - 23 July, 2011
Quote:
amy winehouse - rehab (intro - clean) cuts off just before the end.

too soon?
Dj Bacik 7:57 PM - 23 July, 2011
In other news Cocaine sales dropped 27% today.
the_black_one 8:23 PM - 23 July, 2011
dj_soo 10:25 PM - 23 July, 2011
Somebody should have tried her make her go to rehab or something...
O.B.1 9:53 AM - 24 July, 2011
No No No!
WarpNote 10:30 AM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Let's not compare that. That's on two totally different levels. That's a horrific situation.

Regardless of whats been going on in my hometown this weekend, I still think its sad when young person dies, be it from drug abuse, sickness or violence. The death of Amy Winehouse is a tragedy of its own.

A whole different level of course, still tragic.

I feel physically nauseous after this weekend, starting to comprehend what you Americans really went through in terror acts like 9-11 & Oklahoma.

Be well and stay safe people.
WarpNote 10:31 AM - 24 July, 2011
Edit:
when young person = when any young person
DJ Tecniq 12:54 PM - 24 July, 2011
Wasn't she a pill popping drunk anyways? She shoulda went to rehab before she wrote the song. Jus sayin.. If I was gettin booed of stage I'd prob do the same except overdose.
Nicky Blunt 4:27 PM - 24 July, 2011
Amy winehouse, what a shame!!! and to all the people i've seen post negative shit about her being a crackhead, fuckin shame on you!! she had a drug problem, doesn't make her a bad person or someone who deserved to die.....how many of you lot smoke, if you drop down dead tomorrow of lung cancer, would it be right for people to cain you? stop hating, it ain't healthy.
StevenWayne 4:55 PM - 24 July, 2011
Quote:
Amy winehouse, what a shame!!! and to all the people i've seen post negative shit about her being a crackhead, fuckin shame on you!! she had a drug problem, doesn't make her a bad person or someone who deserved to die.....how many of you lot smoke, if you drop down dead tomorrow of lung cancer, would it be right for people to cain you? stop hating, it ain't healthy.

+1

i find that the ones making jokes didnt know her music. anyone who has a true love for music could see the talent in her work.
the_black_one 5:10 PM - 24 July, 2011
Talent, yes.
Drug problem, yes.
Had not had a major hit in a wile, yes
Feel bad about a talent wasted, yes
dj_soo 9:01 PM - 24 July, 2011
What, too soon?

What a waste. Loved her work - especially the stuff she did with mark Ronson - shame she didn't make a few more albums... Joining the ranks of all the young artists who have lost battles with their demons far too young
sixxx 8:38 PM - 25 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1

i find that the ones making jokes didnt know her music. anyone who has a true love for music could see the talent in her work.

I don't know about that. I've been telling jokes about Winehouse and I did like her music... and I was playing that shit before anyone of you ever heard of her. nm