Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

Stanton CD set up

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
Ronniemac64 3:51 AM - 16 August, 2007
I totally get the serato unit to play my music the only thing that is not happening for me is the ability to utilize my cd terminal feature (pitch control, scratch..etc...) please assist I have the following equipment...thanks Ronnie
2 staton c314 cd players
Stanton M.505 MIXER
Ronniemac64 3:52 AM - 16 August, 2007
Thanks
Konix 3:59 AM - 16 August, 2007
Make sure you have 'line' input selected in the setup menu, and make sure you are in Absolute (abs) mode or Realtive (rel) mode, there's no external control in Internal (int) mode.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:17 PM - 16 August, 2007
Any luck?
Ronniemac64 9:08 AM - 17 August, 2007
Quote:
Any luck?
/Thanks that did the trick. Next question how do i delete a crate? Thanks
Konix 12:56 PM - 17 August, 2007
Highlight the crate and press CTRL+Del. Make sure 'protect library' is unchecked in the setup menu.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 3:33 PM - 17 August, 2007
^^ Konix is the delete guru ;)
Ronniemac64 8:13 AM - 19 August, 2007
Quote:
^^ Konix is the delete guru ;)

Here's the next question when I'm in either absolute or relative mode is there a way to stop a track while it is playing besides utilizing the controls on the cd player?
nobspangle 9:56 PM - 19 August, 2007
no, you have to switch to internal mode if you want to stop the track whilst the cd is playing
Ronniemac64 8:36 AM - 21 August, 2007
Is there a way to rank the songs in my song file once they are in the scratch live environment. Similar to the "My Rating" with the stars in the Itunes environment?
Rane, Support
Zach S 3:27 PM - 21 August, 2007
^^ No.. aside from adding that information to the comment field.
Konix 3:30 PM - 21 August, 2007
Or some other field you don't use, like the grouping.
Ronniemac64 8:28 PM - 21 August, 2007
Quote:
Or some other field you don't use, like the grouping.

thanks this one sounds like a keeper !
Ronniemac64 12:06 PM - 23 August, 2007
Here is my next question. I'm in a coffee house a great deal.. I have the basic scatchLIVE system, want to know what device will i need to add to utilize the scratch live interface right at my favorite coffee house. As you know when I hook up the scratch live box and it's not hooked up to my cd terminals I get the no interface error on the scratch live interface screen.thanks...
Rane
Majors 4:07 PM - 23 August, 2007
Let me get this straight. With your SL1 box connected and the USB light in the back of it on, you're getting the "interface disconnected" prompt?
Rane
Majors 4:08 PM - 23 August, 2007
It shouldn't matter if your cd players are connected to the box.
Rane
Majors 4:11 PM - 23 August, 2007
Please update to 1.7.2 with your SL1 box connected. www.scratchlive.net
Ronniemac64 4:23 PM - 23 August, 2007
Let me set the baseline... when I am at home I have my 2 Stanton C314 cd players and I use Scratch Live with The downloadable 1.7.2 version of Scratch LIVE includes support for the Microsoft Vista operating system. Note that we recommend Windows XP over Vista, most notably for performance reasons. You will be able to run XP at a lower USB buffer setting, meaning lower latency and better performance using XP than is achievable with Vista.

and my set up works just fine. My Question is what additional device is needed if I have only the scratch live box (because I wouldn't take my cd termininals to the coffee house) to utilize the scratch live interface screen. As mentioned in my initital question I get that interface error. My thoughts is that may be Rane has created a device if used could mimic the cd terminals to allow me to use the scratch live screen. Please let me know if this is possible.
Rane
Majors 4:41 PM - 23 August, 2007
I have to admit, I'm a little confused. Let's get the equipment being used straight here. Your Scratch Live should work with the SL1 box connected and the blue light in the back of it on. You don't need turntables or CDJs plugged into it. You can use internal mode and play a coffee house type jazz set just fine. I'm not sure what you mean by cd terminal. Are you talking about your cdjs or your SL1 box? The program shouldn't read interface disconnected unless your SL1 box is disconnected. You need the SL1 to perform with Scratch Live. I hope that helped.
Konix 8:33 PM - 23 August, 2007
He just wants to listen to tracks, set cue points, etc, at the coffee shop without having to bring all his equipment. Currently that's not possible, at the very least you would have to bring the SL1 and run one of the line outputs back into the line input on your computer to be able to hear anything. This has been a heavily requested feature for a long time now, so maybe in a future version something like this will be possible.
Ronniemac64 8:43 PM - 23 August, 2007
Quote:
I have to admit, I'm a little confused. Let's get the equipment being used straight here. Your Scratch Live should work with the SL1 box connected and the blue light in the back of it on. You don't need turntables or CDJs plugged into it. You can use internal mode and play a coffee house type jazz set just fine. I'm not sure what you mean by cd terminal. Are you talking about your cdjs or your SL1 box? The program shouldn't read interface disconnected unless your SL1 box is disconnected. You need the SL1 to perform with Scratch Live. I hope that helped.
Cd Terminals meaning my Stanton C314
Ronniemac64 8:57 PM - 23 August, 2007
First off I am a female. Majors as I mentioned in my original string the SL1 works at home with my Stanton C314s.....

Konix I will try what you said (see below) and let you know how this goes for me. Thanks for the update.

Currently that's not possible, at the very least you would have to bring the SL1 and run one of the line outputs back into the line input on your computer to be able to hear anything. This suggestion let me try this particular set up and see what I get.We'll let you know....
Ronniemac64 3:12 AM - 25 August, 2007
wow Konix thanks i'm in the coffee house right now using SL1 although i do not have my cd players also I can only use one side of the serato to play the songs, what i can achieve is to organize my crates for my gigs and make new crates to prepare for other gigs.. also get so practice with the features.