Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Crate Notes

AKIEM 9:31 AM - 12 August, 2007
Theres a bunch of ways to try and describe this, lets see.

Ive been starting to use the comment tag to make special notes in a crate. The problem is that I don't really care to put that comment on the mp3 because then it shows up on that mp3 wherever it is. In another crate it makes no sense.

What if we had a note column that was saved with the crate? Nothing is written on the mp3 tag. Its just a place to write a note for that set. Option for it to be sticky to the number or the track maybe.
nik39 1:26 PM - 12 August, 2007
Nice one!

+1
AKIEM 1:58 PM - 12 August, 2007
and this might be a way to do the color flagging
AKIEM 4:59 AM - 17 August, 2007
Who wouldn't use this?
really??

A note column that is not written on the mp3, it stays in the crate.

You could tag a little note next to a track and not worry about that stupid note not making sense in other crates.
deejaysomething 8:55 AM - 17 August, 2007
I'd use the hell out of this but I'd need it extended to iTunes playlists and not just crates.
AKIEM 9:12 AM - 17 August, 2007
the only problem with that is, that would be something apple put in itunes.

why would you need it in both?
deejaysomething 11:10 AM - 17 August, 2007
No, I don't mean I'd need to use it in iTunes, or even apply the comments in iTunes, but I use iTunes for my tune management and I'd need Serato to be able to apply crate level notes to the lists it reads from iTunes as well as to its own internal crates.

I have no idea if that explains my point. Let's find out...
Dj Snaptec 11:21 AM - 17 August, 2007
got the same problem..
would be nice if scratchlive is able tu write these crate notes to itunes playlists. even if i can only see them in scratchlive.
maydo 2:06 PM - 17 August, 2007
+1
also center scroll for crates would be nice
AKIEM 7:10 PM - 17 August, 2007
yes, I guess it might be able to work with the iTunes playlists in SSL, not sure how it works
AKIEM 11:04 PM - 1 January, 2008
bump
AKIEM 11:29 PM - 19 February, 2010
bump!
Dj Knockout101 3:18 AM - 26 February, 2010
+1... Thought of this several times but been too lazy to start a thread!!!
AKIEM 11:26 PM - 28 February, 2010
Every once in a while I come across a file that has some note in the comments that makes no sense at all outside of a certain crate.
IRONIC 12:12 AM - 2 March, 2010
Quote:
Theres a bunch of ways to try and describe this, lets see.

Ive been starting to use the comment tag to make special notes in a crate. The problem is that I don't really care to put that comment on the mp3 because then it shows up on that mp3 wherever it is. In another crate it makes no sense.

What if we had a note column that was saved with the crate? Nothing is written on the mp3 tag. Its just a place to write a note for that set. Option for it to be sticky to the number or the track maybe.

wow, this is a great thing man!
i also do the same shit with the comment column

PLEASE RANE, PLEASE
AKIEM 9:40 AM - 21 July, 2010
bump
AKIEM 1:00 AM - 30 December, 2010
wonder how hard this would be to implement?
Mr Wilks 3:47 PM - 1 January, 2011
I think i remember my mate telling me Virtual DJ does this and he used it to mark tracks for birthdays or shout outs.

I'd use it in the prepare window to mark for just that reason.

+100
AKIEM 12:01 PM - 31 October, 2011
maybe you could write over the number