DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

when a dj doesnt pay you for filling in for him....

Henry GQ 7:30 AM - 27 June, 2011
i played a spot for this dj i met on facebook and he didnt pay me. kept on beating around the bush about getting me my money... 5 weeks later and nothing. worse thing it was an out of town gig. sooo not only did i spend an hour and a half driving to the club. but i played for 5 hours straight. which he failed to tell me. but trying to be the professional i did it with a smile(who plays for 5 hours?). plus it was a club that ive heard about for years. so i def wanted to put it on my resume. many... many famous djs played there.

whos the djs u might ask? cuz i know u guys will ask....

a dj from toronto, canada

[name removed] aka dj silkk

not sure if he'll screw u over. but i got shafted.

what would u guys do?
obviously im not gonna drive to toronto to beat his ass. altho if i ever see him..
Mike_P 7:38 AM - 27 June, 2011
why not ask directly for the cash?
jwagner 8:31 AM - 27 June, 2011
Let me guess. Pure Nightclub.
Logisticalstyles 10:56 AM - 27 June, 2011
Quote:
but i played for 5 hours straight. which he failed to tell me. but trying to be the professional i did it with a smile(who plays for 5 hours?).

5 hours isn't so bad, but I guess it depends on the amount you were promised. I had this happen to me one time. I tried to be patient and understanding but after a month or two of no reply I reported his ass to the IRS. It probably didn't lead to much, but it made me feel better. The IRS has a 'snitch' hot line where you can report people you think are not paying their taxes. I'm sure it can scare the hell out of someone to get that IRS phone call. And yes, I report my income and pay too much tax on it.

Since this guy is in Canada my idea won't help you much. When I fill in for other DJ's I make sure to know who at the club is responsible for paying me. After my last experience I know to never trust a DJ to pay me for filling in for them.
DJ Remy USA 11:51 AM - 27 June, 2011
Word what he said
DJRemix8x3 12:45 PM - 27 June, 2011
I've always hated that part of the the DJ biz. When I was spinnin the the mid-west the norm was if you filled in you were suppose to only get half the pay. I only did for DJ's I was "Really" down with
Logisticalstyles 12:51 PM - 27 June, 2011
Quote:
I've always hated that part of the the DJ biz. When I was spinnin the the mid-west the norm was if you filled in you were suppose to only get half the pay. I only did for DJ's I was "Really" down with

That's crazy. The fill in should really get a little extra for saving the party. I couldn't imagine me doing a job for half of what you would normally get.
SELECT 2:04 PM - 27 June, 2011
Find out where he is playing next. Meet him afterwards when he is leaving..
Robert Mill 2:30 PM - 27 June, 2011
That sucks bro i guess i wouldn't try to scare him a way, but hire a cheap lawyer and just threaten him that you'll sue him for (Whatever this situation is called). It would scare the hell outta me and make me pay your money you feels?
DJ Nightmare Productions 2:39 PM - 27 June, 2011
"i played a spot for this dj i met on facebook"

Don't do favors for Cat's you don't know. I know you just wanted to help him out, but these days other djs or not there are people that take advantage of other folks just because they think they can get away with it. He probly wanted you to do it because you life a hour and a half away and you are not in direct competition with him. It sucks because as high as gas is and you spent at least 8 hours of your time driving to and performing the set. 8 hours!!!?!?! (while i was typing i was getting pissed thinking about that)

Fuck him that's bullshit.. you need to get the goons and go take it out of his ass...
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:46 PM - 27 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

That's crazy. The fill in should really get a little extra for saving the party. I couldn't imagine me doing a job for half of what you would normally get.

i couldnt imagine doing a gig for half of what i normally get paid...im mean what the fuck am i gonna do with half a drink, i wont even get a buzz lol jk
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:47 PM - 27 June, 2011
Quote:
That sucks bro i guess i wouldn't try to scare him a way, but hire a cheap lawyer and just threaten him that you'll sue him for (Whatever this situation is called). It would scare the hell outta me and make me pay your money you feels?

wont work with 99% of the peple in the night life industry
JusChlln 3:17 PM - 27 June, 2011
Quote:
.. you need to get the goons and go take it out of his ass...

this will!
DJ Alkemy 3:49 PM - 27 June, 2011
Lol at suing him. You guys will sue for anything in America haha. Yeah, I agree with Nightmare, have it out with him, hes taking the proverbial piss.
DJRemix8x3 4:14 PM - 27 June, 2011
I totally agree with the full pay for the gig, but the way it was explained to me since it was his gig, and you are just a fill in... This is what it happend. I was in a military town, and at that time we were both military. When he was not able to commit due to military obligations I filled in. It was vise versa when I was not able to commit.
DJ'Que 5:23 PM - 27 June, 2011
sorry but if I have to drive that far I need a deposit.
SteadFast 6:19 PM - 27 June, 2011
How much does he owe you?
jbnyc 6:46 PM - 27 June, 2011
Quote:
sorry but if I have to drive that far I need a deposit.

+1
Wazo 6:53 PM - 27 June, 2011
Henry, thought you knew better..... tsk tsk tsk.
SELECT 7:35 PM - 27 June, 2011
If it was a famous club that Ive wanted to do I would have took the gig no question. Asking for deposits for night club gigs lol? Ya'll are crazy..
SELECT 7:37 PM - 27 June, 2011
Every nightclub gig thats thrown to me by someone else is done by a phone call, thats it. That dude is a sucka for not paying you. Karma is a bitch.
Henry GQ 7:02 AM - 28 June, 2011
the dude is a sucka. and i will catch up to him.. and typically i know better. but with this new crop of fake ass wack ass djs... i guess this the first time i got burnt. so im pretty trusting of djs.

and yes j.wagner. seems like occuring problem.,...

i dont wanna say what he owes me. its neither here or there.

and whether u fill in or not. u should get paid.

it has nothing to do with goons. cuz i have plenty of that. i actually need to calm down on my "GOON" its gotten me into alot of legal problems.

and as far as askin directly for the cash. he gets paid by check and he assured me that i would too. and kept on telling me lie after lie.

what can i say.. dj silkk ripped me off. promise after promise. and lie after lie
Henry GQ 7:02 AM - 28 June, 2011
the dude is a sucka. and i will catch up to him.. and typically i know better. but with this new crop of fake ass wack ass djs... i guess this the first time i got burnt. so im pretty trusting of djs.

and yes j.wagner. seems like occuring problem.,...

i dont wanna say what he owes me. its neither here or there.

and whether u fill in or not. u should get paid.

it has nothing to do with goons. cuz i have plenty of that. i actually need to calm down on my "GOON" its gotten me into alot of legal problems.

and as far as askin directly for the cash. he gets paid by check and he assured me that i would too. and kept on telling me lie after lie.

what can i say.. dj silkk ripped me off. promise after promise. and lie after lie
ralph 7:22 AM - 28 June, 2011
Good on you for callin him out! haha! Karma IS a bitch and he'll get his!
jwagner 8:54 AM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
Karma IS a bitch and he'll get his!

I don't believe in karma but i believe in people hooking you up if you hook them up, and people making your life difficult if you make theirs difficult.

GQ will probably never see the guy again but hes pretty much blacklisted in the serato forum community due to this incident.

Being "blacklisted" may not hurt him what so ever but maybe someone from his city reads these forums and it costs him a great job.
MonStar67 10:21 AM - 28 June, 2011
Don't blacklist him, start booking him for fake gigs that will waste his time. He will not only lose out on time and gas, but also the fee if he had worked his normal gig. Hook him up a few times at different venues then go watch the bouncers leave his ass at the door. Either that or book him for a real gig and make sure you collect the money from the club as his promoter and then don't pay him at the end of the night. That way he can see how it feels to get shafted! Post a link to his facebook page, sometimes Karma needs a little push....
DJ Remy USA 11:38 AM - 28 June, 2011
this ^^^^^^
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:14 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
Don't blacklist him, start booking him for fake gigs that will waste his time. He will not only lose out on time and gas, but also the fee if he had worked his normal gig. Hook him up a few times at different venues then go watch the bouncers leave his ass at the door. Either that or book him for a real gig and make sure you collect the money from the club as his promoter and then don't pay him at the end of the night. That way he can see how it feels to get shafted! Post a link to his facebook page, sometimes Karma needs a little push....

epic senario: Henry calls him and sets him up for a HUGE imaginary blowout with a $1200 pay day, henry hangs up laughing minachally. Dude calls up his boy and tells him he needs someone to fill in for him and hell give him $900 to do it, his boy says yes and hangs up...realises this dudes fucked him over before and calls his boy to fill in for him, his boy says he can but he knows someone who can. Weeks later Henry is standing in an empty field wandering when the head of the microsoft event comittee is going to show up and tell him where the equipment should be set up and when hell be getting his $600 check in the mail.
kbscholar 6:32 PM - 28 June, 2011
Why didn't you make up a contract before hand, with the amount that he should have paid you, so that he would become legally obligated to pay you?

I never play gigs without a contract, unless they are my best friends.
jbnyc 7:24 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
Why didn't you make up a contract before hand, with the amount that he should have paid you, so that he would become legally obligated to pay you?

what?? contract?? what kind of whack dj are you?? didnt you hear SELECT lol'ing @ dj's who dont get book over the phone? LOL
Wazo 10:46 PM - 28 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

what?? contract?? what kind of whack dj are you?? didnt you hear SELECT lol'ing @ dj's who dont get book over the phone? LOL

exactly
Henry GQ 12:10 AM - 29 June, 2011
it is what it is... its a sad day when u cant trust ur fellow dj.. brother. isnt it ?

arent we supposed to be a tight nit group? dont we have respect for our craft? and others that believe in our way? its one thing to under cut someone. thats business.

but to stiff someone on pay. eh

now if a promoter called me up. i would send a contract. but a fellow dj? eh. fuck me once.. shame on me. fuck me twice.... and ur parents will be paying you a visit in the hospital. pretty simple? ok... im done being an internet gangsta lol
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:24 AM - 29 June, 2011
to be honest if you didn't even know the dude why do him a favour in the first place and agree to do the gig, in a case like that payment should be required prior to the gig,

if he was an acquaintance or friend i can see why you took it but some random dude on facebook sounds like you shafted yourself
sixxx 12:32 AM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
to be honest if you didn't even know the dude why do him a favour in the first place and agree to do the gig, in a case like that payment should be required prior to the gig,

if he was an acquaintance or friend i can see why you took it but some random dude on facebook sounds like you shafted yourself

Exactly. Don't ever do "favors" for anyone you don't personally know. EVER.

ALWAYS get paid in advance. NO EXCEPTIONS.
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:33 AM - 29 June, 2011
here is the dudes website, i'm sure you could track him down some night from his twitter posts and have a friendy chat with him on where your money is
The Return of Dj Sparky 12:33 AM - 29 June, 2011
MelonHead 1:11 AM - 29 June, 2011
there be some furniture movin around this mofo
DJ Tecniq 2:02 AM - 29 June, 2011
i say have him dj a party for you or book him a gig. And don't pay him just dip out early while he's playing when he txt or calls u about pay. Say Karma's a bitch
jbnyc 2:06 AM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
i say have him dj a party for you or book him a gig. And don't pay him just dip out early while he's playing when he txt or calls u about pay. Say Karma's a bitch

no way in the world he would play at a gig without getting his money first, when you are a scumbag you are aware of motherfuckers trying to stiff you and shit...
SteadFast 3:36 AM - 29 June, 2011
lol just beat his ass
djvtyme85 3:49 AM - 29 June, 2011
i passed on a lot of gigs and hooks up because i refuse to play before i'm paid in full. i dont budge. pg county here in maryland was pissed when i made my soundman leave Jack Johnson without a mic or pa system for a gig i had in largo md years ago...Why? they didnt have money ready at the time of my arrival. no music, no sound, no lights....over 300 ppl walking in a park with silence because they thought mailing me a check was "ok"...fuck that. so yea, if i fill in for anyone have my money or enjoy beautiful silence lol
Henry GQ 6:41 AM - 29 June, 2011
i hear all of you and what u are saying. but i come from a place where ur word is good. this is the first time i have ever gotten screwed by another dj...

what can i say? am i stupid.. no. cuz ive been spinning for many years. and never gotten dicked by another dj. it never happened... i guess circumstances caught up to me?

and i have this poor excuse of a djs phone number. twitter account. website and facebook... but what good does that do u when he lives 3 hours away?

promises promises.... and more promises. all i can do is warn other people about this scum. cuz thats what he is... SCUM.

if he rips one dj off. its in my opinion he will rip another dj off. hes shifty.. hes shady.. he tries to beat around the bush. he bends his words. basically he should be a politician. BAM!

and guys. i have played for other djs i have met off of facebook and thru here on the serato forum. and never once had a problem with getting paid. i guess chances caught up to me..
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:37 PM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
it is what it is... its a sad day when u cant trust ur fellow dj.. brother. isnt it ?

arent we supposed to be a tight nit group? dont we have respect for our craft? and others that believe in our way? its one thing to under cut someone. thats business.

but to stiff someone on pay. eh

now if a promoter called me up. i would send a contract. but a fellow dj? eh. fuck me once.. shame on me. fuck me twice.... and ur parents will be paying you a visit in the hospital. pretty simple? ok... im done being an internet gangsta lol

www.google.com
Henry GQ 5:24 PM - 29 June, 2011
haha thats funny!
Dj Raw313 8:33 PM - 29 June, 2011
My advice would be to any dj that is covering for another Dj or just booking your own parties. First thing that should always be done if it a friend, family member, or complete stranger. Sit down an write up a standard contract and include in your contact: Date, Location, Time of the event, your rate for djing the party, what you would accept for payment (i.e no personal checks, money orders or credit card payments) because you can get burned by them also. What your charge per hour if the event goes beyond schedule, (i.e if you play past the 10 minute mark that the client will be charged an extra hour or whatever you decide). Make sure you have their real name (i.e no nick name or dj names etc.) and something that would identify that person signing the contract (i.e state ID or driver license number). If the event is books weeks in advance make sure you ask for a down payment that is not refundable, unless your break the contract and lastly make sure you go over the contract with that the person and have they sign their name and date on it. Now this is the most important part of the contract, make sure you have your payment paid in full once you arrived and before you set up your equipment. I also like to add at the bottom of my contract that, any song request or playlist be given a week before the event, (i.e getting the first song to a wedding on the day of the event) if you don't have the song everyone is upset. Contacts stops all that and take it to the event with you, make sure the client has a copy also. It's a business and you must be professional about everything, so start of with the contract and you won't be sorry later or not paid for an event that you have done. This is just my opinion and you can try it out and see your results for yourself.
If what you are doing don't make dollars than it don't make sense........Dj RAW
Henry GQ 10:28 PM - 29 June, 2011
i know what eevryone is saying..

u guys are missing the point. i said what would u DO after the FACT. not before.. after... umm not before.. after. most of u must have children.. huh? lol
Dj Mike P. 10:51 PM - 29 June, 2011
In this situation if I knew I couldn't recover my loot, I'd probably feel better just giving him a black eye, and accepting the loss.
jwagner 12:13 AM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:

u guys are missing the point. i said what would u DO after the FACT. not before.. after... umm not before.. after. most of u must have children.. huh? lol

I'd contact the nightclub and just let them know what happened. Who knows maybe they'll feed bad and pay you (extremely not likely). But mentioning it to them will make that DJ look like a scum bag, and maybe would deter their interest in hiring him in the future.
Dj Shamann 12:13 AM - 30 June, 2011
What club was it Henry, Courthouse?
DJ 10:20 3:48 AM - 30 June, 2011
you always gotta get the info upfront as well as a deposit, treat the fellow djs like customers too when in that situation. if you got them use contracts. as far as the hours if the club is really going strong you can be there for more i have been in some lasting for a while with people still coming in the door as longs as the drinks are pouring and the people moving you are going to spin.
Calling the nightclub is going to do nothing for you the promoters and the owner don't care as long as the music is going. the deal you made with the other DJ is between you and them.
No need to put the Club or the Dj on blast cause that is not professional. You put it on your resume. Now what you should do it make a mixtape of what you play there and let the Club owner hear it more than likely the owner was not paying attention to you as they should that night. Now if your re really hard up for the money then as one of the posts said go face to face with it and get it that way, but don't hold you breath.
sixxx 4:10 AM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
i hear all of you and what u are saying. but i come from a place where ur word is good. this is the first time i have ever gotten screwed by another dj...

what can i say? am i stupid.. no.

Actually, yes you are. End of thread.
DJ 10:20 4:11 AM - 30 June, 2011

wow that was harsh.
jbnyc 4:59 AM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:

wow that was amazing!!

FIXED
DJ 10:20 5:07 AM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

wow that was amazing!!

FIXED

No i said what i meant thanks though.
jbnyc 5:17 AM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

wow that was amazing!!

FIXED

No i said what i meant thanks though.

LOL
Billy18bm 1:00 PM - 30 June, 2011
is this guy in hiding or something? go to him and get your money
2Seven 1:13 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:

Couple of options;

-Ask nicely (won't work)
-Ask not very nicely (still won't work)
-Threaten the prick and make him see your stance (the guilt trip might work)
-Speak to the venue, get them to see your stance, and tell them next time he does a gig to pay you and not him (still won't work).

The final option depends on what sort of guy you are...either hunt that prick down and beat him for your dues, or take the moral stance...don't trash talk him, but let people know his game.
jbnyc 2:44 PM - 30 June, 2011
I would go to the club while he is playing and get my money and if he doesnt pay,fuck him up behind the booth, how embarrasing is that? Getting beat to shit in your club lol and if you think he is bigger and he can fuck you up, sucker punch that mothe&%$$# lol anything to get that anger out haha
DJ 10:20 3:14 PM - 30 June, 2011
Here is the point of answering this question, What would I do nothing, cause the crap would not have happened to me in the first place. Chalk it up as a loss Fam. take the advice to protect for next time.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 3:50 PM - 30 June, 2011
Henry, I"m ASHAMED OF YOU.

For all that SMACK you be talkin' here on this board, and NOT to yoke a cat up cuz he stiffed you?

Stop playin...

Man, get the goons.

Just do it a LONG TIME from now..... :-).
DJ 10:20 3:58 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:

For all that SMACK you be talkin' here on this board, and NOT to yoke a cat up cuz he stiffed you?

Stop playin...

Man, get the goons.

HA HA

Just do it a LONG TIME from now..... :-).
Dj-M.Bezzle 4:30 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
I would go to the club while he is playing and get my money and if he doesnt pay,fuck him up behind the booth, how embarrasing is that?

I dont know i think it would be more embarrassing for you as the dj who stiffed you watched you get your ass beat by about 8 roided up security guards, arrested, then hit with bail and court costs to get you out of jail\court
jbnyc 4:47 PM - 30 June, 2011
Come on beezle...you hear him said that the other guy asked him to cover him,it has to be a small venue with no fucking bouncers! A club with bouncers have back up dj's for any day of the week,not a random idiot on FB (no offense Henry lol)
DJ SPAIR 4:51 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:

Rule number 1. No ones word is ever good in the music business. Even contracts will do you no justice. It's all part of the game.
latindj 4:53 PM - 30 June, 2011
I would just tell his mom.

lol!
jbnyc 5:08 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
I would just tell his mom.

lol!

Tattle teller! Lol
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:57 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
Come on beezle...you hear him said that the other guy asked him to cover him,it has to be a small venue with no fucking bouncers! A club with bouncers have back up dj's for any day of the week,not a random idiot on FB (no offense Henry lol)

lol
O.B.1 5:59 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
I would just bang his mom.

fixed
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:00 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
I would just bang his mom.

fixed

i didnt realise delante west was on this board...damn celeb djs
Crackpipe 7:11 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
I would go to the club while he is playing and get my money and if he doesnt pay,fuck him up behind the booth, how embarrasing is that? Getting beat to shit in your club lol and if you think he is bigger and he can fuck you up, sucker punch that mothe&%$$# lol anything to get that anger out haha

Fuck him up behind the booth and then have all the bouncers kick the shit out of him and then land his ass in jail in another country.......good luck on that!

Seriously though, the best thing you can do is to make other people (fellow DJs) aware of this douche which could hurt him in the long run. Keep spreading the word on this forum and other forums and through word of mouth and facebook, twitter etc. Yeah it's not going to compensate you, but just take it as a hard lesson learned.

If you decide to fuck him up physically, at least wait a few months so he won't know it's you LOL
DJYoshi 7:12 PM - 30 June, 2011
this comes to mind when I hear something like that
Watchwww.youtube.com
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 7:37 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:

If you decide to fuck him up physically, at least wait a few months so he won't know it's you LOL

^^^^ This right hurr....
Rebelguy 9:43 PM - 30 June, 2011
Not sure if someone posted this but here is a solution. Write up the whole story and put it on his facebook page. Then write the story and save it as a jpg and upload it to your page and tag all his friends in the photo. You could probably just get by tagging the main people posting on his page. This should get his attention very quickly as you are making him look like a loser asshole.
Rebelguy 9:44 PM - 30 June, 2011
I would avoid the beatdown route. Anything under 5 figures is probably not worth going to jail for. Assault is assault no matter what the reason.
Rebelguy 9:45 PM - 30 June, 2011
Oh and if you write the story for facebook just stick to the facts that can be backed up via email. You don't want to get sued for slander.
Crackpipe 10:02 PM - 30 June, 2011
You can't tag friends of friends in facebook.
Rebelguy 10:10 PM - 30 June, 2011
Quote:
You can't tag friends of friends in facebook.

Just add his friends then. I am sure they will probably accept just because you know the other guy.
Rebelguy 10:10 PM - 30 June, 2011
Or just keep posting it on his page.
CMOS 11:04 PM - 30 June, 2011
This a DJ board or a frigging pottery class. Go see him and handle your shit. Get your money. Don't gotta be violent. Just walk into his gig like a G. He will probably shit himself. Tell him you want your money or you will be back and he doesn't want that to happen.

This is like stuff they teach in kindergarten here. Don't let this guy herb you.
FunkyRob 12:27 AM - 1 July, 2011
let's see if he accepts my facebook friend request
FunkyRob 12:32 AM - 1 July, 2011
Let's start a twitter war, he doesn't have enough followers though.
willythekidd 4:01 AM - 1 July, 2011
there's nothing that a baseball bat and some duct tape can't solve.
DJ Remy USA 11:02 AM - 1 July, 2011
Quote:
This a DJ board or a frigging pottery class. Go see him and handle your shit. Get your money. Don't gotta be violent. Just walk into his gig like a G. He will probably shit himself. Tell him you want your money or you will be back and he doesn't want that to happen.

This is like stuff they teach in kindergarten here. Don't let this guy herb you.

Best solution so far. If he tries to stunt on you and act all tuff walk out and make good on your word. Tell em pay up or get sprayed up....lol sorry couldn't resist
Henry GQ 3:20 AM - 2 July, 2011
yeah guys... add him and say why hes not payin djs. i dont give a fuck. i looked his facebook the one day and i wasnt his friend. so he must have said fuck it. im not paying him. hes a loser douchebag. lil fairy..

5 weeks of him saying he would pay me and blah blah blah. its a fuckin shame.
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 4:58 AM - 2 July, 2011
Man, I'd have to hold somebody's laptop RANSOM....

Like RIGHT when he's in the parking lot, before he enters...
mikep 5:35 AM - 2 July, 2011
I sent him a message:
dude, pay the dj's that fill in for you.
serato.com
Dj.Mojo 3:26 PM - 2 July, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Rule number 1. No ones word is ever good in the music business. Even contracts will do you no justice. It's all part of the game.

Come on... Depeche Mode was signed to mute records for years without a written contract.
Dysquo 1:47 PM - 3 July, 2011
I had a promoter do that to me once. Kept giving me the run around and never coming with the cash. Telling me that another DJ got paid and he was waiting to get the money. I told him that he booked me, so he pays me. He can search for the other DJ. I said I was being a gentleman with him but the next time he doesn't come with my cash we were gonna have a problem. We agreed on a date and time. He never showed. I tried calling but he didn't pick up, but I saw a post on his FB where he was. I left a message there not being too polite. lol He called me back asap. By this time I was furious, I told him he had until midnight. No excuses, No BS or I was gonna find him and take it out of his ass. His partner called me and tried to resolve the situation, but I told him that I didn't discuss the money with you then and I wont do it now. Long story short the partner drove the money to me @ midnight cause they new by talking to me that I was not the one to be fucked with.

On another note...
Please VOTE 4 Dysquo and help me get the final DJ spot on Season 2 of Smirnoff’s Master of the Mix 2! Voting ends July 6th 2011
I'm the only on one 4 decks reppin Itch & Scratch in my vid @ the same time!

1) Go to www.Vote4Dysquo.com (Goes right to the YouTube page)
2) Login with your Google or YouTube account. (2 vote, you must be logged in)
3) Vote by pressing the "LIKE/Thumbs Up" on DJ Dysquo Video

Thank's for your Support!
Dj Shamann 8:49 PM - 3 July, 2011
Quote:
What club was it Henry, Courthouse?
Henry GQ 2:52 AM - 5 July, 2011
it was Pure in buffalo.
SILKK 7:33 AM - 21 February, 2012
wow hello to everyone involved in this "discussion"

I am the accused DJ that "allegedly" didn't pay this guy. Mr Henry GQ You should have told the complete story here...

There were two dates. The first Date, was a trial date where you agreed to do it for FREE to see the club check out the crowd and possibly audition for future gigs there . I told you that If it was paid you were to collect aLL $ directly from the club on the night of. The second date you were supposed to collect the $ from the club as you did. U failed to mention that the main reason that I was unable to pay you was because I didn't receive payment for the first date you "filled in"
Up until this day I never met the owner of that club and was on a 3 week backpay cheque system from their accounting dept. I do not steal from people and am an honest person who happen to get in a shitty situation by offering the wrong "dj" an opportunity to come and play an out of town venue where he had the possibility getting future bookings there, which was the main reason he did it...DId he get ever get the opportuntity to play there again??. I mentioned in a phone conversation to "Henry GQ" that when i did see him in person I WOULD personally pay him out of my pocket the $200 that he is complaining about just to make him feel better and clear the air. I also invited him to the club several times in the following weeks and he did not show.

If I blogged about the shit that happens to artists (including myself) in this industry it would be a waste of time bc it happens so much and people don't want to hear about it. If you really still have a problem with me over this you should have come to see me in person at the club and or continued to contact me via the contact information that you have. Posting in this forum was not a smart way of expressing your discomfort with the current result of the situation.
MelonHead 7:50 AM - 21 February, 2012
BigDookie 8:48 AM - 21 February, 2012
Holy Cow batman... He speak has arrived!!!!
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 9:06 AM - 21 February, 2012

CLASSIC...

Damn, cats just be MAKIN' *ISH UP...

Quote:

Stop playin...

Man, get the goons.

^^^THIS!!!

Henry, you lookin' kinda Tender (NM) rite now...wtf?
SILKK 9:43 AM - 21 February, 2012
I wrote this reply to stop this thread. If henry still wants to contact me he should do so via the info he should still have of mine. I lost all contacts in a cell phone that was lost around the time of this situation and assumed that he had accepted it for what it was and or resolved the situation with the club. I agree that we should have had a written agreement and that included the details of both dates. MY fault for not ensuring that he was satisfied with the end result of these events.
9:44 AM, 21 Feb 2012
Discussion locked by ChrisD
Serato, Support
ChrisD 9:49 AM - 21 February, 2012
This forum is no place to settle personal grievances.

HenryGQ, find somewhere else to make claims that Serato can't possibly validate as true or otherwise.

Thread locked.