Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Better iPod integration?

Stuart Ramdeen 8:40 PM - 17 August, 2004
How much work would it be so that when you plugged in your iPod it came up in the SSL source list, including all of the playlists you have on it? I haven't got my pod to check, but does the pod keep it's catalog in the same way as iTunes does? e.g, an xml file? If so, I would of thought this would be quite easy to implement and means that eventually as SSL starts to be installed in clubs, djs just walk up, plug in their ipod and their tunes and playlists are there.

searched the archives, but I didn't see anyone else requesting this

s
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:05 PM - 17 August, 2004
I think this link will help www.scratchlive.net
Serato, Moderator
AJ 12:21 AM - 18 August, 2004
The iPod is a big secret. Apple never intended for anything to integrate with the ipod that they didn't come up with. I don't think the library is stored in the same way on the ipod, but I could be wrong.
lancota 5:25 PM - 18 August, 2004
Quote:
SSL starts to be installed in clubs, djs just walk up, plug in their ipod and their tunes and playlists are there.

That would be a friggen dream come true... [[looks longingly up at the sky]]
Serato, Forum Moderator
Steve W 3:00 AM - 25 August, 2004
The iPod database format is proprietary, but there has been some success reverse engineering it. So yes, it would be possible to implement this feature with no guarantee of it continuing to work if Apple ever change the format.
Stuart Ramdeen 6:28 PM - 25 August, 2004
heh lmfao. Go serato! Reverse engineering Apple. I like it. Just like Real, but in a good way :D

s
nik39 10:59 PM - 25 August, 2004
Real is also doing it in a good way, IMHO.