DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

and ANOTHER celbrity djin...

DJ Trilogy NYC 1:30 AM - 10 May, 2011
this time its jermaine dupri apparently he went broke and saw djing as his back up smh
cdn.mediatakeout.com
DJ Trilogy NYC 1:30 AM - 10 May, 2011
celebrity**
Dj JesC 1:38 AM - 10 May, 2011
I cant wait until these celebrity djs posts ads on craigslist for gigs.
DJ Skitz (USA) 1:41 AM - 10 May, 2011
Old news

Check the date:
Watchwww.youtube.com
Logisticalstyles 1:46 AM - 10 May, 2011
He's been a DJ for years.
DJ Ness Nice 1:48 AM - 10 May, 2011
hes been djin, hes on the s.k.a.m. team... swizz beats just joined them too, just dj'd his 1st gig in vegas this past wknd.
DJ Tecniq 1:59 AM - 10 May, 2011
He was a DJ back when he signed Kriss Kross. I think him and Lil Jon started dj'ing around the same time cause they are both from So So Def.
Steve E Wunda 2:44 AM - 10 May, 2011
He been spinnin in Vegas for a minute too. He was the dj at the club when Pacman Jones had that incident at the NBA All Star weekend a few years back.
Logisticalstyles 4:12 AM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
hes been djin, hes on the s.k.a.m. team... swizz beats just joined them too, just dj'd his 1st gig in vegas this past wknd.

Swizz Been DJing for a minute too. I remember I was booked to spin with him back in 1999.
DJ'Que 4:21 AM - 10 May, 2011
yeah JD has been a dj for years. this is nothing new. same with dj quik.
DJ'Que 4:22 AM - 10 May, 2011
and biz markie
DJ'Que 4:22 AM - 10 May, 2011
dr dre
DJ Ness Nice 4:51 AM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Swizz Been DJing for a minute too. I remember I was booked to spin with him back in 1999.

yeah i kno, im talkin he really stepping it up linking up with skam management, their major..
Discobee 8:44 AM - 10 May, 2011
Hey I just realized the JD backwards is DJ, how cool is that?!!!
Gouda 9:11 AM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
this time its jermaine dupri apparently he went broke and saw djing as his back up smh
cdn.mediatakeout.com

Sorry dude,your an idiot.

It's a shame people like yourself and Media Take Out lack knowledge on hip hop history. Let me set it straight for you. FACT No 1 JD aka Jermaine Dupri has been Dj'n since the early 90's maybe even early 80's. FACT No 2 Most of the biggest and best producers of our time were and still are DJ's. Marley Marl,Premier,Just Blaze,Timbaland,Pete Rock,and last but not least DR DRE! This is just short list, I could add more!

Fact No 3(The climax)It might come as a shock to you but yes..DJs CREATED HIP HOP! WE CREATED PRODUCING.We are responsible this multimillion dollar industry.

It's not my fault you started listening to hip hop in 2003.
SELECT 12:59 PM - 10 May, 2011
JD has been DJn longer than most people in here. Hes a SKAM artist for christ sakes, Dj Vice, Homicide, Skribble, etc.

www.skamartist.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com
www.youtube.com
DJ DisGrace 1:34 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:

owned
Dj-M.Bezzle 1:42 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
He was a DJ back when he signed Kriss Kross. I think him and Lil Jon started dj'ing around the same time cause they are both from So So Def.

THIS!

and
Quote:
JD has been DJn longer than most people in here. Hes a SKAM artist for christ sakes, Dj Vice, Homicide, Skribble, etc.

www.skamartist.com
Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com
Watchwww.youtube.com Watchwww.youtube.com
www.youtube.com

THIS!!!

Quote:
Quote:

owned

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.djjohnnym.com
SELECT 2:13 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

owned

LMAO!
DCD 2:19 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
Hey I just realized the JD backwards is DJ, how cool is that?!!!

On a scale of 1 to cool? About a 1.3.
Nater 3:01 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:

i.imgur.com

New one :-D
DJ Nightmare Productions 4:21 PM - 10 May, 2011
in the song "teach me how to dougie" the remix he says" I drop this in the club when i be DJING, from left to right everybody start swaying... Old news
Dj Shamann 4:34 PM - 10 May, 2011
We had an identical thread to this one maybe a year or two ago, why is it so far fetched that JD would be a Dj? Even if you haven't been around the scene for that long how does it not make sense? The man has been producing for how long, back in the days that almost went hand in hand. *waits for the OMG111 LoOkz, Rakim is Djing, who does he think he is?111!!" thread because there are many rappers who used to fuck around with the decks back in the days too since that's all you really had was two turntables and a mic.

I could see if a Jonas brother all of a sudden wanted to compete in the DMC's or some shit like that, but a Hip Hop veteran? Where's the shock?
Dj Shamann 4:41 PM - 10 May, 2011
StevenWayne 4:45 PM - 10 May, 2011
i heard the other day that Dj Jazzy Jeff dj's now too.
DJ Nightmare Productions 4:47 PM - 10 May, 2011
^^^ what and that Kid Capri guy too..
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:17 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
We had an identical thread to this one maybe a year or two ago, why is it so far fetched that JD would be a Dj? Even if you haven't been around the scene for that long how does it not make sense? The man has been producing for how long, back in the days that almost went hand in hand. *waits for the OMG111 LoOkz, Rakim is Djing, who does he think he is?111!!" thread because there are many rappers who used to fuck around with the decks back in the days too since that's all you really had was two turntables and a mic.

I could see if a Jonas brother all of a sudden wanted to compete in the DMC's or some shit like that, but a Hip Hop veteran? Where's the shock?

the last thread was about lil jon though

I dotn know why people always get suprised on these things I guess its a bit different today with the easy access to home studio equipment but back in the day unless you were someone who went to school for it, the natural progression was music listener, dj, producer. Most older producers i know or have read interviews with got into djing because they love music but after djing for X amount of years you learn alot about harmony and beat structure and all the other lil odds and ends that go into producing and your interests go to the next level, from playing whats there to making things to play.
DJ DisGrace 5:38 PM - 10 May, 2011
Man, I even heard that Bezzle guy started to DJ now. I always thought he was just a Serato forum celebrity
Dj-M.Bezzle 5:45 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
Man, I even heard that Bezzle guy started to DJ now. I always thought he was just a Serato forum celebrity

LMFAO!!!!!! Ill be the 1st celebrity paid to not dj, mabye rane will have me do my standup act at their booth one year

sooooo whAAAAAts the DEAL with this searAto i mean
HandsomeRobDJ 5:55 PM - 10 May, 2011
Jermaine Dupri Dj'in ?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?!? That's nuts! Next thing you know you'll have FunkMasterFlex and GrandMaster Flash trying to do it. What the hell is wrong with those people?!?!?!?!

Who started this? I am captain tolerant and understanding and whatnot but this is.... You need to stick to reading the forum for a while and not start anymore discussions. Damn!
Dj Shamann 6:51 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:

Click the link dude...

Quote:
serato.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 6:52 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Click the link dude...

Quote:
serato.com

lol damn i posted in that thread and didnt even remember lol
DJ Schematic 7:50 PM - 10 May, 2011
arkadiamiami.com

i'll just post this here

*walks out*
Dj-M.Bezzle 7:51 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:
arkadiamiami.com

i'll just post this here

*walks out*

lol cannons been djing for a while now...the sad part is because miriah makes him do it
SMOKE DOGG BITCH 8:47 PM - 10 May, 2011
^ mariah could make me do anything she wants
DJ GOOK 8:52 PM - 10 May, 2011
This thread = FAIL
mister iLL 9:37 PM - 10 May, 2011
Quote:

ohsnap.jpg
DJ TOGTFO 7:38 AM - 11 May, 2011
He's not very good tho.
echa1945mf 10:54 AM - 11 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
cdn.mediatakeout.com

Sorry dude,your an idiot.

It's a shame people like yourself and Media Take Out lack knowledge on hip hop history. Let me set it straight for you. FACT No 1 JD aka Jermaine Dupri has been Dj'n since the early 90's maybe even early 80's. FACT No 2 Most of the biggest and best producers of our time were and still are DJ's. Marley Marl,Premier,Just Blaze,Timbaland,Pete Rock,and last but not least DR DRE! This is just short list, I could add more!

Fact No 3(The climax)It might come as a shock to you but yes..DJs CREATED HIP HOP! WE CREATED PRODUCING.We are responsible this multimillion dollar industry.

BUAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHA owned
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:00 PM - 11 May, 2011
Quote:
. FACT No 1 JD aka Jermaine Dupri has been Dj'n since the early 90's maybe even early 80's

.........just to be an asshole ill point out that im fairly positive you cant call something a fact and include the word mabye..besides that your right on lol
Free Man 4:45 PM - 11 May, 2011
Quote:
He's not very good tho.

+1...

reminds me of nickelodeon when he sees a mic...
DJ Tecniq 2:47 AM - 12 May, 2011
Quote:
Heard Carlton dj's now.
Mr. Goodkat 3:14 AM - 12 May, 2011
opened and closed for him superbowl weekend. hes got a nice mix, lots of quick mixing and of course, mic skills.
ta2423 5:01 AM - 12 May, 2011
shit, the damn bald guy on operation repo is spinning now.
SELECT 12:44 PM - 12 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Heard Carlton dj's now.

Nah Carlton does get busy though at this party with Skam Dj Irie-
@ 3:20 he goes off!!!!!
Watchwww.youtube.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:00 PM - 12 May, 2011
ive heard the son of the iron cheif is spinning now lol
Daktyl 6:41 PM - 12 May, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Heard Carlton dj's now.

Nah Carlton does get busy though at this party with Skam Dj Irie-
@ 3:20 he goes off!!!!!
Watchwww.youtube.com

actually, Carlton is playing drums for death metal band God Forbid these days...
www.google.com
SELECT 6:54 PM - 12 May, 2011
Can ya'll believe this?? Donald Trump is DJn now! He said he's using Traktor with autosync cause it allows him to be more creative and have more time to fire people...
Dj Shamann 6:59 PM - 12 May, 2011
Quote:
cause it allows him to be more creative and have more time to fire people...

HAHAAA
DJJorel 11:22 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:

Hate to say it, but just because you're a SKAM artist, it doesn't mean you're dope.

I won't mention any names, but there are a few SKAM artists that I've heard live whose skills didn't really impress me.

But I will say this....I'm not hating, because they are doing well with the another attribute that a lot good club DJs should have...they know how to hustle...