DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Official DC Maryland and Virgina Jammy Jam Thread

DJ Remy USA 12:08 AM - 1 May, 2011
Started a new thread for this since I want to see happen. So if you wanna be apart of it start posting right here. Looking for volunteers and sponsor.
djvtyme85 12:14 AM - 1 May, 2011
So is going to be indoor or outdoor?
DJitalSneaky 10:16 AM - 1 May, 2011
www.facebook.com

This guy has loft in Baltimore, its pretty cool. I posted on a his facebook wall. Hopefully he'll drop in.
DJ Remy USA 2:54 PM - 1 May, 2011
I have a loft as well still not enuff space. We should either do this in someone backyard if its big enough or go to park.

Financial sponsors are a must and it has to come from us. Im not trying to make this any bigger than it needs to be. Just neeed to get the support going
DJitalSneaky 3:46 PM - 1 May, 2011
Anything you need Remy let me know. Unfortunately I live in an apartment though.

What kind of even are you thinking? More of a convention than jam session? Or vice versa? I'm in pretty good with the owner of S.H.E. productions (www.facebook.com) here in baltimore but she pretty much does LGBT stuff, with emphasis on the L.

I also could probably get cheap if not free access to a restaurant/bar in belvedere square (www.zen-west.com). I used to be the chef there, and I know he's always looking for events to fill the place.

Forgive me, I'm just riffing on ideas...

My contact info

jason.mcgoldrick@gmail.com
443-364-8863

I work nights so 3am is actually a better time to call than 3pm :)
DJ Remy USA 3:56 PM - 1 May, 2011
Quote:
Anything you need Remy let me know. Unfortunately I live in an apartment though.

What kind of even are you thinking? More of a convention than jam session? Or vice versa? I'm in pretty good with the owner of S.H.E. productions (www.facebook.com) here in baltimore but she pretty much does LGBT stuff, with emphasis on the L.

I also could probably get cheap if not free access to a restaurant/bar in belvedere square (www.zen-west.com). I used to be the chef there, and I know he's always looking for events to fill the place.

Forgive me, I'm just riffing on ideas...

My contact info

jason.mcgoldrick@gmail.com
443-364-8863

I work nights so 3am is actually a better time to call than 3pm :)

Had to goggle LBGT..... I will call you do you work weekends?
DJ Remy USA 4:00 PM - 1 May, 2011
To be more specific Im looking to have really just a family oriented jam session. Doesnt mean that you cant play music with curse words unless your some kind of holy saint. We are all DJs so Im sure our kids are more than exposed. Anyways I want to pretty much mirror the jammy jam in So Cal. Im thinking a few BBQ pits a few DJs cooking maybe a moon bounce for the kids and a few sets of TTs/CDJs set up. We show up eat drink spin meet and exchange contact info if so inclined thats pretty much it.

Glad your in DJitalSneaky
djvtyme85 5:09 PM - 1 May, 2011
That sounds cool, I'm willing to put up on some grub most def. What about sound? I'm sure all of us don't want are bauble fear in jeopardy so in guessing we can rent a rig?
DJ Remy USA 5:13 PM - 1 May, 2011
Hey looks like Im taking the lead on planning the DMV Jammy Jam. I want to first have a pre jam meet up so I can see how many people I have that are willing to participate in the event.
With that being said I want us to all meet up at Buffalo Wild Wings to discuss the ins and out of putting this jam together. I would like to see you there family members are welcome but try to keep your party small so we can actually fit inside the place.

What : DMV Pre Jammy Jam Meet up
When: May 14, 2011 @ 3pm (times may slide to the left or right try to stay flexible if possible)
Were: Buffalo Wild Wings College Park
10240 Baltimore Ave
College Park, MD 20740

To RSVP just text or call me @ 202-230-4604 I need your name and how many people so I can tell wild wings how big my party will be.

See ya there!!
theJAV 5:46 PM - 1 May, 2011
Yo I'm down, May 14th I'll be at the range at Ft. AP Hill, VA but keep me on the list of Jammy Jam attendees! Thanks : : : peace
MelonHead 7:01 PM - 1 May, 2011
thnx for da PM Remy but can't front.. not gonna be able to make dat trip. I'm out in Va Beach.. at least 3hr ride out to MD, and on a Sat.. idk.. wish i can make it happen but will hit u up if anything changes.
DJ Remy USA 9:12 PM - 1 May, 2011
ok kool
DJitalSneaky 11:42 PM - 1 May, 2011
Quote:

Had to goggle LBGT..... I will call you do you work weekends?

Not normally, sometimes they will put in a job on the weekends, but its usually voluntary. They are really good about it if I have plans, even durning the week.
DJitalSneaky 11:43 PM - 1 May, 2011
Any ns7 users are welcome to use mine, that way all you'd have to travel with is your laptop and headphones.
Dj Nyce 2:06 AM - 2 May, 2011
i would have no problem bringing my 12's, mixer and speakers (either the peavy sp4-gs or the jbl eon's).
DJCrank 2:47 AM - 2 May, 2011
Quote:
i would have no problem bringing my 12's, mixer and speakers (either the peavy sp4-gs or the jbl eon's).

Well I can bring my appetite and some to-go boxes...lol. Im down so far, nothing on my calendar for the 14th, its a 2.5 hr ride to Baltimore from here. May bring the whole family and we make a weekend out of it maybe take them to the aquarium in Baltimore or walk around DC again. Keep me posted and let me know what i need to bring, Cash is always easier and lighter...lol
DJ Remy USA 12:43 PM - 2 May, 2011
Awesome DJ crank see you on the 14th. I sent you the PM with the details
DJitalSneaky 12:45 PM - 2 May, 2011
I'll be there
DJ Remy USA 12:46 PM - 2 May, 2011
Tracking you already ^^^^^
FlexyD 7:25 PM - 2 May, 2011
I would love to come, unfortunately I won't be able to make it on the 14th of May. I hope the party is a success so we can definitely have more in the future. I could possibly help in securing an outdoor venue in VA for a future Jammy Jam later this year.
DJ Remy USA 11:05 PM - 2 May, 2011
Flexy D i'ma get with you cause in looking into venues now. Jus pm you email or a celly I can hit you on that is if your serious
Swyft 2:36 PM - 4 May, 2011
I'm in.........
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:37 PM - 4 May, 2011
is there really enough peopl eon the forum in that area to have a jam?
DJUnknown 9:19 PM - 4 May, 2011
You would be surprised.
DJ Remy USA 9:29 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
is there really enough peopl eon the forum in that area to have a jam?

Bezzle we dont live in real city with plenty of people. The DMV covers alot DC MD and VA. Lots of DJs lots of families your welcomed to drive up if you want.
DJ Remy USA 9:31 PM - 4 May, 2011
Ok Im still looking into venues it looks like we will be doing it outside. Im really hoping for someone with a huge backyard as I want this to be simple but fun
MelonHead 9:40 PM - 4 May, 2011
maybe someone can rent out an apartment complex's clubhouse..? i knw da clubhouse where I'm at does and even has a pool.. jst shoot'n ideas..
DJ Remy USA 9:46 PM - 4 May, 2011
Quote:
maybe someone can rent out an apartment complex's clubhouse..? i knw da clubhouse where I'm at does and even has a pool.. jst shoot'n ideas..

yea I have one at my apt but if its a big turn out a club house might not suffice. Especially with the noise that DJs bring. Plus I wanted to try to bridge the gap between being a DJ and being a family man. In most cases we separate out DJ life from family life and this is good chance for the families to see what we do and why we do it. Kinda like a band of brothers kind of thing. I figure a state park be the best idea cause I want to have moon bounce for the kids to play in
MelonHead 10:00 PM - 4 May, 2011
damn.. I got a bounce house to.. my kids are grown now and have grown out of it.. still may be able to make da trip though and will bring it if I can make it.
Dj Nyce 1:16 PM - 5 May, 2011
there's a huge park on a hill where i live. Fort Lincoln NE DC.

there is a gazebo, power, restrooms. i believe it is 1st come first serve, but i will look into it.
DJitalSneaky 3:21 PM - 5 May, 2011
We should do it in the middle of Dupont Circle, although that would probably generate more attention that we were looking for!
Dj Nyce 6:00 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
We should do it in the middle of Dupont Circle, although that would probably generate more attention that we were looking for!

Batty Boys Need To Stay Far From We
DJ Remy USA 6:02 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:
there's a huge park on a hill where i live. Fort Lincoln NE DC.

there is a gazebo, power, restrooms. i believe it is 1st come first serve, but i will look into it.

Awesome I know were that is I didnt think about that. If it is first come first serve we might have to get a noise permit for the music. Normally those are pretty cheap but i never got one in DC.

Everyone bring your ideas on the 14th I know some said they cant make it but try to make if you can. I know you guys got shows and plans that day its just a preliminary meeting so we can kinda get a feel for it and see what page everyone else is on.
Swyft 6:02 PM - 5 May, 2011
I'll be at the meet n greet next Sat fellaz..............
DJ Remy USA 6:03 PM - 5 May, 2011
Quote:

I dont even know if we can legally have anything there. Attention is kool but we cant feed DC but we can sure spin for em
FlexyD 11:27 PM - 5 May, 2011
I actually live out in the boonies in VA now and my landlord owns a big farm. I want to see if he would allow us to have a party there as there would be no need for noise permits, etc. It would be perfect for a party like this but I'm just not sure if he will allow it. Hopefully I'll find out over the weekend.

Also we have rented out picnic areas at a local park here in richmond before and have had turntables set up, can't remember how much it cost but I know we had to be out before sunset.
Da1nonly89 1:14 AM - 8 May, 2011
Hey people I graduate from college on May 22nd..Can we push the date of the jammy jam until the weekend of the 28th or June 1?
DJ Remy USA 3:51 AM - 8 May, 2011
It's not gonna be that soon so you won't gave to worry. I'm thinking mid to end summer
Papa Midnight 4:35 AM - 8 May, 2011
Quote:
Hey people I graduate from college on May 22nd..Can we push the date of the jammy jam until the weekend of the 28th or June 1?

Congrats
DJ Remy USA 11:32 PM - 11 May, 2011
Hey guys dont forget this weekend we got meet up. The meet up is to see how much support we actually gonna have for the Jammy Jam. Info below

What : DMV Pre Jammy Jam Meet up
When: May 14, 2011 @ 3pm (times may slide to the left or right try to stay flexible if possible)
Were: Buffalo Wild Wings College Park
10240 Baltimore Ave
College Park, MD 20740

To RSVP just text or call me @ 202-230-4604 I need your name and how many people so I can tell wild wings how big my party will be.

See ya there!!
djvtyme85 2:39 AM - 13 May, 2011
gotta work that evening, but i hope all goes well
DJ Remy USA 7:02 PM - 14 May, 2011
I'm at wild wings wearing gray sweats with the wife and kid. Gotta nationals fitted on
DJ Remy USA 7:13 PM - 14 May, 2011
Well no one is here so far. If anyone wants to do this have at I'm going home. Good luck
DJ Remy USA 7:26 PM - 14 May, 2011
Hey there is a boardwalk burger across the street I will be there for a while to see if anyone shows.
DJCrank 7:39 PM - 14 May, 2011
Hey man, I am not gonna make it. I didnt get back from packing at the Food bank until 245pm. No way i can make it up the road in time. Takes about 2hrs. When i was on TJs DJs we use to webcam meetings and conference call. I wish i would have thought of it sooner. I am still down for the big jam and will contribute a few dollars to make sure everything goes well. Holla back
djvtyme85 1:02 AM - 15 May, 2011
so no one showed
DJ Remy USA 1:46 AM - 15 May, 2011
yea only me and dj nyce
DJ Remy USA 1:47 AM - 15 May, 2011
we gonna give it another try in a few weeks. rest assures there will be no jammy jam until we meet up, so you guys have nothing to fear
djvtyme85 1:49 AM - 16 May, 2011
thats a bet i really i want to see this happen. i work 7 days a week so my input is limited but i will do what i can do when i can do it.
Da1nonly89 7:09 PM - 23 June, 2011
any updates on the jammmy jam?
DJ Remy USA 11:43 PM - 23 June, 2011
nope prolly not gonna happen if its left up to me. Pretty busy these day but Im still down to help if we get a leader to lead this
Imagin 1:14 AM - 25 June, 2011
Unfortunately it will be too chilly in the DMV come October (when I finally come home) so hopefully their will be something in the cards for 2012.