DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

64 Macbook Pro Quad-Core, Serato Update

Niro 7:12 PM - 30 April, 2011
I know there's a work around and a private beta is happening, but we seriously need an update ASAP. I'm trying to highlight this issue, so serato can put some more resources into dealing with problem.
djperry 11:19 PM - 1 May, 2011
agreed...I need another MacBook Pro for spinning vidz ASAP and I am waiting to make sure I am spending my money on a product that will work reliably with Serato...
Niro 9:07 PM - 2 May, 2011
Bump
SiRocket 7:43 AM - 4 May, 2011
waiting too....
DJ Jonasty 3:23 PM - 4 May, 2011
I would love if my 57 and sl3 worked with my new mbp. Scared of the crashes. I'll use my old laptop for now or tsp2. Audio 8 works no problem with new macs. I'd prefer ssl, please give us an update Serato.
citi 5:15 PM - 5 May, 2011
Not that I am defending Serato, because believe me, I would love this update. I do believe we should have seen at minimun, a point release for the issue. My guess is, they are adding new stuff and want to hit it all in one major release.

Having said that, I have booted in 32 bit mode and haven't had one problem running a 5 hour event. I think you are safe. I'm not sure I believe that there isn't a performance hit. I think it's there, but because the system is so much faster you don't notice it as much. I'm running MBP 2.2 with 750gb 7200rom drive and 8gb ram compared to my previous 2008 non unibody core 2 duo.
SiRocket 7:37 PM - 5 May, 2011
still don't understand how its an apple problem when tsp2 works just fine....
Niro 8:22 PM - 5 May, 2011
It's not apples problem, it is a serato issue. I know the update is coming and there is a currently a workaround the issue. But Scratchlive should be on Serato's top priority, especially making it natively compatible.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:34 PM - 5 May, 2011
Just an FYI to all the Scratch Live peeps in this thread :)

There are currently two "2011 New Mac" issues affecting Scratch Live users.

1). The TTM 57SL is not recognized when a new Mac is booted in a 64bit environment. This is a known issue that the Serato developers are working on. For details and a workaround, please see our FAQ topic here -->> serato.com <<-- New 2011 Macbooks not connecting with the Rane TTM 57SL

2). The new 2011 64bit Macs shipping with a 10.7.3 Darwin Kernel are experiencing kernel panics when USB devices (audio, storage, flash and etc) are disconnected from the computer. This is a Mac bug and Apple is working to resolve the problem. As an example, please check this Google search -->> www.google.com <<-- Lots-o-kernel panic issues with a large variety of USB devices.

If you have a TTM 57SL, you're affected by both issues, unfortunately.

To check the Darwin kernel version your Mac is using, please do this:

1) Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of the screen.
2) Select 'About This Mac'.
3) Select 'More Info'.
4) Go to 'Software' on left side.
5) To the right, under 'System Software Overview' is the Kernel Version: Darwin_____?

If your Mac displays Darwin 10.7.3, your computer may kernel panic when disconnecting your USB interface.

Please note: If you're experiencing Mac 10.7.3 kernel panic issues, as a workaround, make sure you're exiting Scratch Live before disconnecting or turning off your Rane Scratch Live USB hardware interface (SL2, SL3, TTM-57SL and Sixty-Eight). This is a known issue and Apple is working on a fix.
Dj-Pyro 10:08 AM - 7 May, 2011
Well, that sucks.... So the kernel panic only happens when disconnecting a usb device? Could it happen when plugging in dicers or midi controllers after Serato is open?
citi 7:09 PM - 7 May, 2011
I'm not sure how wide spread the USB issue is. I have connected several USB devices including Pro Tools, Storage Sticks and my iPhone. Not one crash.
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:59 AM - 8 May, 2011
@citi You are right , RANE/Serato hiding behind the excuse that other USB devices crash the new MBP . I have connected tons of other stuff via usb to my MBP FEeb 2011 version and didn't get a single kernel panic...from Cameras to Controller devices. Only the SL3 does that to me.
Anyways hope this fix/update comes up real fast...
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:38 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
Well, that sucks.... So the kernel panic only happens when disconnecting a usb device? Could it happen when plugging in dicers or midi controllers after Serato is open?

As far as Scratch Live is concerned, a kernel panic can occur when your Rane USB hardware is disconnected from your Mac while Scratch Live is open. I have not heard reports of a KP happening when other USB devices are disconnected from your computer while SSL is running.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:39 PM - 9 May, 2011
Quote:
@citi You are right , RANE/Serato hiding behind the excuse that other USB devices crash the new MBP . I have connected tons of other stuff via usb to my MBP FEeb 2011 version and didn't get a single kernel panic...from Cameras to Controller devices. Only the SL3 does that to me.
Anyways hope this fix/update comes up real fast...

Sorry for the confusion, DJ Marv the Maverick. My above post was intended to provide information in an attempt keep our users up to date with what we're working on and what other (non-Scratch Live) new Mac users are experiencing. The Serato team is well aware of the issues people are experiencing with the new 2011 Macs and working with Apple on a fix.

My Google search link was intended as an example, not as an excuse. I thought it would help lessen the frustration factor, if Scratch Live users knew that they were not the only new Mac users experiencing kernel panic issues :)

As I said earlier, the Serato team is well aware of the issues people are experiencing with the new 2011 Macs and working with Apple on a fix.
adel noiza 7:41 PM - 9 May, 2011
dicers, novation remote zero sl, apc 20, nocturn,korg microkey, waldorf blofeld, access virus ti desktop, korg nanokontrol and akai mpd8 are all fine with scratchlive, logic or live opened

i'll try to test more tomorrow )

my friend told me that he had KP problems with usb soundcard(have forgottten to ask him about exact model)
Dj Battle Heavywieght 1:29 AM - 13 May, 2011
I tried the workarourd and my Mac rebooted in the middle of my set!!! If I would have known this before, I would have waited.
SiRocket 7:12 PM - 13 May, 2011
this usb issue is really a pain in my ass, if a breaker goes out or the power is interrupted, due to the 57 not having power, i get a nice black screen.... this can't be good for my computer...

What a pain in the ass.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:16 PM - 13 May, 2011
Quote:
What a pain in the ass.

+1000
Niro 10:01 PM - 13 May, 2011
Bump
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:23 PM - 13 May, 2011
Quote:
Bump

+1 lol
DJ Jonasty 2:20 PM - 14 May, 2011
That happened to me last Friday. Power blipped mixer turned off and laptop crashed. I had backup ready to go. Normally music would of came back on as soon as the power.
DJ Jonasty 2:21 PM - 14 May, 2011
All good tho. Continued to rock party. I know serato and rane will come correct w update
SiRocket 6:24 PM - 14 May, 2011
i need waveforms to mix so i had a problem.
simonak 2:15 AM - 15 May, 2011
any info on when the beta goes public?
Niro 9:22 PM - 16 May, 2011
Bump
Dax 9:03 AM - 17 May, 2011
no news is good news...........i don't think so!!!!!!!!!!
come on guys any news?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:05 PM - 17 May, 2011
Bump!

*The fix for the 57 not being seen in the 64 bit environment will be available once 2.3 comes out. We were, tentatively, told around mid July.

The fix for the Mac Kernel Panic bug needs to come from Apple but we know they are working on it.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:36 PM - 17 May, 2011
Ironically, if the developers weren't wasting their resources by incessantly checking this thread, they would have the 2.3 update finished by now, bummer guys :(

I'm joking of course :)
Niro 6:42 PM - 17 May, 2011
Bump!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:44 PM - 17 May, 2011
Quote:
Bump!

LOL!
Niro 6:52 PM - 17 May, 2011
Waddup Shaun, I gotta keep bumping this up, this is the most democratic way for the developers, haha. I'm wondering why they don't just come with a minor update to fix the 64 bit issue and deal with 2.3 later. It's a performance issue. 2.2 is running stable and the last thing I want to do is jump to 2.3 for 64 bit and have heart attacks during my shows.

You guys are doing an awesome job over at Rane!
Thanks
S
clickclickw00t 8:52 PM - 17 May, 2011
I just ordered a new 2011 Macbook Pro and my friend told me about this issue. How shitty. I don't blame Rane, or Apple. Shit happens. In the lines and lines of coding of OSs,Drivers, and Software, something got fizzed up. Add that to the new chipset architecture in the new MBPs and you can come into a lot of problems.

Personally, I would just like to see a beta version that fixes the issue released as soon as possible. I'm debating on using my old 2007 MBP until the fix is released. If the fix for the 57 is coming out, and they know what the problem is, why not focus on it. I'm sure there are more people pissed that their $1500 mixer isn't working with their $2500 laptop than there are people that desperately need new features.

just my 2c
Niro 6:00 PM - 19 May, 2011
Bump...
Lenny Cordisco 3:40 PM - 20 May, 2011
ClickClick... no need to wait for the beta version. Jus boot in 32 bit mode and mix your face off.... I had my MBP since it came out and not had any issues with the 57. works flawlessly.. the only rub is that you have to be ready to go into 32 bit mode when you turn your MBP on.. if you forget, you'll have to reboot !

I have seen the Panic message but just don't unplug anything until you shutdown... it's that simple..

I run the ttm57sl and two Denon S3700's in hybrid midi mode without any issues !!!
citi 3:59 PM - 20 May, 2011
@Lenny, well there is one caviat. I run a mobile DJ company and we play a lot of private venues. Unlinke a club, power rarely goes out (In fact I don't think I have ever seen it happen unless the power grid blew), power going out at a private venue happens more than I care to comment on. If that happens, with this setup your'e SCREWED, and have to hard reboot the mac. We definitely need a fix sooner than later.
Lenny Cordisco 4:21 PM - 20 May, 2011
I havent though of that.... You do have a great point. I have been doing this in both clubs and private parties and have never had a power failure.... I guess i am pretty lucky. (Knocking on wood) But yes, that is something i overlooked. I gues i will be making backups of my _SErato folder before the start of night.
clickclickw00t 7:24 PM - 20 May, 2011
Not even that Lenny, but also the fact that if you nudge a wire wrong, or need to disconnect your mixer for any reason, your Mac BSODs. That is not fun, especially if it happens by accident.
Niro 7:57 PM - 20 May, 2011
Bump
hersh20 1:08 PM - 23 May, 2011
mid july! holy crap, i had the power go out on me but the macbook didnt crash, i did need to restart serato though to get it working.
turning 12:58 PM - 24 May, 2011
This message has been moved to a new discussion: serato.com

booting up in 32 bit mode, my mac totally crashes and have to force restart every time i try and shut down serato (am not un/plugging the usb whilst serato is on!).. I cant save anything in serato unless i do it without the hardware plugged in, which is really annoying & I don't want to force restart my comp every time I load up serato !

am using 15" feb 2011 mac/ 2ghz i7 /latest os update & its Darwin 10.7.3... TTM57sl

anything else I can do? this is preventing me from getting lots of work done!

please!!

thanks
JFB
Lenny Cordisco 3:07 PM - 24 May, 2011
@turning Did you update the firmware on the 57SL ?
Niro 6:59 PM - 25 May, 2011
Bump^
Lenny Cordisco 7:14 PM - 25 May, 2011
Whats with the Bump ? What do you mean by that.
SiRocket 5:29 AM - 26 May, 2011
the kernel panic is killing me, and its making the dj switch off a bigger pain in the ass as i have to wait to unmount my external and exit serato before unplugging.... don't get me started on if or when the venue's crappy breaker system decides to want to be reset....
simonak 5:33 PM - 26 May, 2011
i had screen leakage on my new mbpro and dropped it in under warranty to be repaired...once they had swapped it they could not boot so they then wanted to swap the hard drive too..which they did, the original was failing (for them) but it seemed to work ok before i dropped it in..the only issues i had with the mbp was the kernal panics from unplugging the 57 with ssl still open which needed restarting after...theres no way this could have led to a harddrive failure? i was unable to get any more specifics from them on what was wrong with the HD...roll on the next update..its a pain having to switch back and forth from 32-64
Niro 8:09 PM - 30 May, 2011
Bump
hersh20 3:06 PM - 1 June, 2011
has anyone seen the next beta in the forum yet? just wondering how close they are to the version that will correct this.
simonak 4:28 PM - 1 June, 2011
Quote:
has anyone seen the next beta in the forum yet? just wondering how close they are to the version that will correct this.

+1
YZ3 7:06 PM - 1 June, 2011
The 57SL is going to become more and more of a headache as new computers come out. No solution for my quad core PC, now all these issues with the Mac... just gonna get worse. Time for a new 2-channel scratch mixer Rane.
Culprit 9:10 PM - 1 June, 2011
or an updated 57SL with split cue
BRINKA 8:10 PM - 2 June, 2011
This is perhaps the worst experience I've had with the Serato program since it's inception, my Macbook pro 2010 was stolen 2 months ago and I needed to purchase a 2011 edition, as i did was overwhelmed by all these issues. Even with the 32 bit work around my program crashes when trying to exit. I use this program as my livelihood and was hopeful that this issue would be rectified sooner. Truly disappointed and may even be switching to another program soon! Problems with every 57, and 68 I play on.
DJ Jonasty 8:53 PM - 2 June, 2011
I hear that. Love my 57 but don't like crashes. My "other" software works just graavy.
DreamsTrippy 11:52 PM - 2 June, 2011
Just want to throw my two cents in because I'm experiencing the same problems. Kernel panics, computer crashing sometimes when exiting serato, and general inconvenience of rebooting every day in 32 bit mode. I'm also in the group that would really really like to see this fixed in a patch update instead of waiting until mid july for a full blown update. Everything else in serato is working great but there is obviously a large group of users who would greatly benefit from at least a firmware update for the 57. I have a lot of gigs this month I hope we see something soon!
Niro 4:12 AM - 3 June, 2011
Bump this to the top.
SiRocket 8:36 AM - 3 June, 2011
imagine people that are buying new 57's today, and to find out is a "dinosaur" in more ways then just new products coming out.... but the fact that their new mixer that is "updated" doesn't work right with their new computer.....

i could see if we wanted a new feature, but come on, its a usb connectivity issue and then the os bit... as stated, many other products (even old) work just fine.... its been over 4 months now...
simonak 4:54 PM - 3 June, 2011
i just got a macbook pro update today 1.4 has it made a difference? im not going to risk another restart right now
im also experiencing usb drop outs in int mode
clickclickw00t 6:14 PM - 3 June, 2011
simonak, I haven't gotten one yet, 2011 MBP
Rane, Support
Shaun W 7:42 PM - 3 June, 2011
Hey Ya'll!

Just a quick status update. The 10.6.8 version of OSX Apple is finalizing and preparing for release seems, so far, to fix the kernel panic issues SSL users are experiencing, yay! :)

I'm not sure when the 10.6.8 version of OSX will be available (i'm guessing super soon), but Apple seems to have the KP problem nailed!
clickclickw00t 9:24 PM - 3 June, 2011
Quote:
Hey Ya'll!

Just a quick status update. The 10.6.8 version of OSX Apple is finalizing and preparing for release seems, so far, to fix the kernel panic issues SSL users are experiencing, yay! :)

I'm not sure when the 10.6.8 version of OSX will be available (i'm guessing super soon), but Apple seems to have the KP problem nailed!

freaking sweet!
simonak 12:02 AM - 4 June, 2011
Quote:
Hey Ya'll!

woooohooooo
Dax 1:23 AM - 4 June, 2011
Quote:
Hey Ya'll!

rock on.
SiRocket 10:10 AM - 4 June, 2011
<3
DreamsTrippy 4:22 PM - 4 June, 2011
Ok so Apple fixed a serato related problem before serato did. Hopefully the update team uses this as motivation to hurry along the ttm57 firmware update!
Culprit 6:35 PM - 4 June, 2011
Quote:
Ok so Apple fixed a serato related problem before serato did. Hopefully the update team uses this as motivation to hurry along the ttm57 firmware update!

Get your facts straight it was an apple issue.

If you guys have dev accounts like I do you can get a pre release -> news.softpedia.com
simonak 7:23 PM - 4 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

what! ive spent thousands of euros on a laptop-its cant possibly be to blame and sure macs are in essence all perfect works of art, machined from metachlorians and unobtainum into all perfect godlike computers..something else must be to blame-

have you installed the new osx yet? are there any other differences..ill prob wait a week for the public build... itll be great if the panics are cured and even better if i dont have to go back to 32 each time i want to have a mix
DreamsTrippy 2:27 PM - 5 June, 2011
Quote:

Serato RELATED issue, buddy. Scratch Live users reported the problem, Apple fixed it. Serato and Rane have had the same amount of time if not more to resolve a known issue that's affecting a large number of their customers, even with a lot of of us on this forum begging for a firmware update
simonak 3:44 PM - 5 June, 2011
is it not na issue with the i7 processor and usb1 devices? i dont think you can put 100% blame on serato here.. new processor and older software, there is bound to be teething issues. im sure serato will release an update when its ready and there have been hints that one is in the pipeline, id prefer to wait and get a solid working update rather than get some rushed job that still contains bugs
Niro 10:07 PM - 5 June, 2011
Issues are getting scattered, I'm trying to focus on the issue at hand with the new quad-core and the 57 not being able to work with it properly. This can be and is updated with a software update, I understand the want to bundle the the fix in 2.3, but we need this now. The work around of booting in 32 is not 100% and also the unplugging of the USB before serato is fully closed is a major issue, especially when you're in a club with a janky power strip or power issues. Which is probably a majority of the clubs. Come on serato, I know 2.3 has some nice features, but we need the stability and usability of the current software first and foremost. Features are great but not at the expense of stability. 2.2 is finally stable, besides the 64 bit issue.

Please release a minor update to 2.2.
Niro 7:00 PM - 6 June, 2011
Monday morning Bump
Tops 12:48 AM - 7 June, 2011
Ok. I have two questions:
Is the Mac OX 10.6.8 update available for download yet? And will this update fix all problems users are having with connecting their ttm57 mixers to the new Mac Book Pros?
simonak 9:21 AM - 7 June, 2011
i believe it only fixes the kernal panic when unplugging the 57 while serato is running...for 32/64bit we must wait for the new ssl version..any day now:)
Tops 2:05 PM - 7 June, 2011
Is the Mac OX update available yet? I understand that there is a version of the update available to registered developers...
Tops 2:06 PM - 7 June, 2011
Thanx for responding to my post @ simonak!
simonak 4:25 PM - 7 June, 2011
no bother, im checking in twice a day waiting for news of the update:)
theres a beta update for devs but did not hear back about weather its the same or not ..its ment to be out in the next few days
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:19 PM - 7 June, 2011
As Shaun said, the Kernal Panic issue will be fixed in the 10.6.8 update that should be available very soon.
The other existing issue that needs to be fixed on Serato's end is the ability to use the 57 in a 64bit environment.
I would think the bigger issue here is the Kernel Panic.
Mac should be putting out the 10.6.8 update that will fix this well before 2.3 is out.
Booting the computer in 32bit mode is not a difficult task nor does it affect anything that has to do with SSL as SSL is only a 32 bit app and doesn't even take advantage of a 64bit OS.
Tjohnsoniv1200 5:45 PM - 7 June, 2011
I'm hoping you guys can help. I own the TTM 57 and I am in need of a new Macbook Pro. I am trying to decide between these two, keeping in mind the issues with the 2011 release:

The brand new:
13-inch: 2.7 GHz
* 2.7GHz dual-core
Intel Core i7
* 4GB 1333MHz
* 500GB 5400-rpm1
* Intel HD Graphics 3000
* Built-in battery (7 hours)2

Or this refurbished model:
Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.66GHz Intel Core i7
Originally released April 2010
15.4-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display (1440 x 900 pixel)
4GB (2 x 2GB) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM
500GB Serial ATA @ 5400 rpm
8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M graphics processor with 512MB of GDDR3 memory

I am leaning towards the refurbished model to avoid these 2 major issues with the new Macbook Pro's. Any thoughts?
Tops 7:06 PM - 7 June, 2011
Quote:
As Shaun said, the Kernal Panic issue will be fixed in the 10.6.8 update that should be available very soon.
The other existing issue that needs to be fixed on Serato's end is the ability to use the 57 in a 64bit environment.
I would think the bigger issue here is the Kernel Panic.
Mac should be putting out the 10.6.8 update that will fix this well before 2.3 is out.
Booting the computer in 32bit mode is not a difficult task nor does it affect anything that has to do with SSL as SSL is only a 32 bit app and doesn't even take advantage of a 64bit OS.

OK Cool....I feel a little bit at ease now...I guess i just have to wait it out...
Dj.Mojo 7:16 PM - 7 June, 2011
Why don´t you program Scratch Live as a 64 bit program?
DreamsTrippy 8:20 PM - 7 June, 2011
I'm definitely glad that the kernel panic problem is being fixed, but the whole rebooting in 32 bit mode is certainly a large inconvenience for mobile djs. I use my laptop for lots of different things so I don't want it running at a crippled speed for that, but I practice multiple times a day and have to restart it every time. And also having to stand there holding the buttons at gigs is annoying when I could be wiring the speakers or something. I don't want to seem like a troll or a dick or anything i'd just love to see this issue fixed so my favorite program can run flawlessly by default again =D
DJTRANZFORMED 4:57 AM - 8 June, 2011
this really sucks man! i bought the mbp the day it came out. I didnt even know it was the new mbp. thank God i did a test before heading out that night to dj or i would have been doomed. Only reason i bought this mbp was to dj. That was back in feb its now june and no update. it really sucks. Rane is lucky i love my 57sl ...as for now ill continue using my dell.
Niro 6:24 AM - 8 June, 2011
It's not Rane, it's over on Serato's court right now.
Tjohnsoniv1200 3:15 PM - 8 June, 2011
Any update on when the 2.3 version of Serato will be released to support the 64 bit Macbook pro or if the 10.6.8 version of Macbook will definitely fix the kernel panic issue.? It blows my mind that Serato is waiting until the next release and not fixing this issue in a point release. THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE SERATO! WAKE UP!!!
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:08 PM - 8 June, 2011
We have said multiple times that the fix for the 57 not being seen in the 64bit environment is scheduled to be released in mid July.

Quote:
Hey Ya'll!

This has been tested by Serato and they have said that, yes, the update does fix the issue.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:09 PM - 8 June, 2011
Quote:

DreamsTrippy 1:20 PM 7 June 2011
I'm definitely glad that the kernel panic problem is being fixed, but the whole rebooting in 32 bit mode is certainly a large inconvenience for mobile djs. I use my laptop for lots of different things so I don't want it running at a crippled speed for that, but I practice multiple times a day and have to restart it every time.

What other programs are you using in the 64bit environment?
simonak 6:22 PM - 8 June, 2011
Quote:

What other programs are you using in the 64bit environment?
\

firefox, photoshop/adobe, quicktime player, vlc...most of the apple background inc airport etc are 64 bit
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:28 PM - 8 June, 2011
All of which also run in a 32 bit environment.
The only program out of those listed that would actually benefit from a 64bit OS is Photoshop.
You would not see any benefit of running in a 64bit environment with any of the other programs listed.
My point here is that most programs will not benefit from a 64bit OS and therefor booting up in 32bit is not going to create any performance issues for a user.
Dj C-los00 11:34 AM - 9 June, 2011
OK Zach S if you can help answer my ? I have been using the I7 for the past 2 weeks in 32bit doing music videos with my 57 I have a lagg in waveform and Im doing a max of 2 gig of ram for the video my frames per second are at max for what it allows and I have 4 gigs of ram also I play in a club lots of people I have had a audio drop every freaking night its like it freezes then the waveform goes black then comes back on in like 4to5 seconds. REAllY annoying what i can do to prevent dropouts because as far as performance issues its one for me.
DreamsTrippy 2:13 PM - 9 June, 2011
I have a brand new powerhouse of a laptop with 8 gigs of RAM. While in 32 bit mode it's impossible to process more than 4 gigs of RAM at a time so therefore, I do notice a lag when multitasking, editing videos, browsing the Internet and even the occasional gaming session. Why would I want to do any of that in 32 bit mode?

Honestly, I've never had a major issue with Serto or my ttm57 mixer until I got this new laptop out of necessity, but I'm concerned and distraught with how they're handling this. It's been a known issue since at least March, you have more and more people coming here every day asking for a simple patch update, and telling me that 32 bit doesn't make a difference and isn't an inconvenience doesn't solve ANY problems.
simonak 2:30 PM - 9 June, 2011
Quote:
I do notice a lag when multitasking, editing videos, browsing the Internet and even the occasional gaming session. Why would I want to do any of that in 32 bit mode?

and telling me that 32 bit doesn't make a difference and isn't an inconvenience doesn't solve ANY problems.

+1
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:12 PM - 9 June, 2011
Guys... I'm not sure what your expecting us to pull out of our arses here? :)
We are very aware of this issue and have been working on it since knowing what the issue is.
I also bought a new MBP and are having to deal with the same issue.
We all want to see this fixed and it is being handled. The fix is right around the corner!

Thankfully there is a current workaround that is really easy to do and doesn't cause any performance issues with SSL.
clickclickw00t 5:17 PM - 9 June, 2011
Is it true that you can't use full 8GB ram in 32-bit mode? THATS WACK? I got 8GB ram so I can actually use The Bridge properly..

Oh well, I waited this long, I can wait another month. This new version better have some amazing features or I'll be selling my 57 and getting an SL4 and DJM-909
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:18 PM - 9 June, 2011
Well I can tell you right now that the 2.3 version is, primarily, going to be a bug fix version. No new amazing features.
DreamsTrippy 6:56 PM - 9 June, 2011
Well that actually sets me at ease more than anything else. I appreciate the transparency and understand a lot more if you have to reprogram the entire app to be 64 bit compatible, not just the firmware in the mixer. Keep at it guys! What more amazing features could there possibly be? Lol just fix those bugs =D
clickclickw00t 11:18 PM - 9 June, 2011
Quote:
Well I can tell you right now that the 2.3 version is, primarily, going to be a bug fix version. No new amazing features.

Guess I'll just have to live. I love the 57 its my baby.
Rane, Support
Zach S 11:37 PM - 9 June, 2011
Its actually the driver that needs to be reworked but its not as simple as just tweeking the driver.
Serato needs to do a lot of testing to make sure that the tweek they make doesn't screw anything else up before its unleashed on the public.
If they threw it out there prior, and there were issues with it, we'd be in worse shape then we are now:)
ANJam22 8:18 PM - 12 June, 2011
Few questions... I'm running a new MBP as well and experience the issues with the kernel panic error. My MBP is running 10.7.4 Kernel. I know above in this thread people were talking about 10.7.3.

How do you go about the workaround to run in 32 bit? Do you have to set it up each time you start up the MBP?

This hard reset/kernel problem. Will it damage the machine in anyway? The last thing I want is spending 2k for a laptop, and then having it ruined.

I used Force quit one time and was able to by pass the problem without receiving the error message. I take it this is dangerous for the MBP?

I do hope the Apple release of 10.6.8 will fix it and hope there are no problems with Lion coming out.

I just wanna make sure that nothing is getting damaged (my SL2, or my Macbook Pro), with these issues. Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks.
BUM SQUAD DJZ 8:22 PM - 12 June, 2011
this is a huge problem and for serato to not have a solution with out this work around crap its for the birds. we spend to much money not to have a solution of this issue.. I just got my new laptop (On Friday) I show up to a gig (Friday Night) and i can't plug into tt-57 I looked like a a**HOLE not until now I know what the issue is. Thanks Serato you cost me 1k for loosing my gig!
djwitness 9:13 PM - 12 June, 2011
Quote:
this is a huge problem and for serato to not have a solution with out this work around crap its for the birds. we spend to much money not to have a solution of this issue.. I just got my new laptop (On Friday) I show up to a gig (Friday Night) and i can't plug into tt-57 I looked like a a**HOLE not until now I know what the issue is. Thanks Serato you cost me 1k for loosing my gig!

I got an equivalent situation a couple of years ago and it was an eye opener, now I always have 2 laptops, 2 hard drives, 2 seratos, 1 usb key, even old cd's in the trunk. If you are doing 1k $ gigs, then you can afford and SHOULD have backups. Shit happens with new stuff, and even your old and stable stuff can break, wire that's cut for twisting and bending, HDD that has bad sectors and corrupts, HDD head crash, even a drink splash ... SO this is certainly not an insult, but you can't just pop in a club with fresh stuff out of the box, no backup and expect everything to go #1 ...

Philosophical post ...

Rane/Serato, I think you did a great job in helping Apple for the bug and working as fast as you could to again deliver an excellent solution for mixing.
hersh20 3:09 PM - 13 June, 2011
Quote:

read the forum man. i have have been using my mbp with the 57 for 2 mos without a problem running in the 32bit mode.

It is a problem yes. but a accurate workaround has been posted since the issue was uncovered a long time ago.
DJ Jonasty 3:36 PM - 13 June, 2011
Was playing a gig this weekend and power went out for a second. My 57 disconnected and crashed my mbp. Now files can't be found. It seems many music folders are now gone. I finished the night off an sd card in my decks. I need to try and see if it can be recovered. I think I need to bring a ups unit with me until this update comes out. Be careful out there guys. Djing on eggshells hoping things don't break. Hopefully I can fix my library before the weekend. At least I have a few days to try and fix it. Will open up a help ticket tonight.
DJ Jonasty 2:24 AM - 14 June, 2011
Problem came from Itunes. I fixed it all better now. Serato didn't cause my problem, I did haha.
Linus 2:12 PM - 14 June, 2011
i wouldn't mind running in the 32 bit environment so i can get my serato working with this brand new mbp.... however, even when im in 32 bit, i still cant get serato to read that the mixer is plugged in... "hardware disconnected"... wtf am i doing wrong?
DreamsTrippy 7:54 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
i wouldn't mind running in the 32 bit environment so i can get my serato working with this brand new mbp.... however, even when im in 32 bit, i still cant get serato to read that the mixer is plugged in... "hardware disconnected"... wtf am i doing wrong?

Are you suuuuure you're in 32 bit? Sometimes it doesn't register the buttons when it's booting up you can check by clicking the apple in the top and going to about this mac, under software it should say 64 bit kernel- no. Other than that just make sure you have the driver installed in 32 bit.

I had a few crashes at both my gigs this weekend so hopefully that Apple patch comes soon

Quote:

HAHAHAHAHA. Hate to say it but you sir, are an idiot
Linus 10:52 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Are you suuuuure you're in 32 bit? Sometimes it doesn't register the buttons when it's booting up you can check by clicking the apple in the top and going to about this mac, under software it should say 64 bit kernel- no. Other than that just make sure you have the driver installed in 32 bit.

I had a few crashes at both my gigs this weekend so hopefully that Apple patch comes soon

yes i am sure.. system profiler is telling me: 64-bit kernel - No.
I'm all up-to-date on all software updates for mac & serato... USB ports are working correctly with other devices.. but somehow Serato isn't reading my tt-57 mixer.
I got a big show to play tomorrow & i dont wanna use my 10-year old Powerbook.. but looks like i have no choice till this new update comes out from Mac and serato.
but i feel like theres something im not doing that others have done to get this "boot up in 32-bit" procedure to work.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:58 PM - 14 June, 2011
After booting to 32-bit mode, reinstall SSL with the TTM 57SL connected and see if it has any affect :)
Linus 11:05 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
After booting to 32-bit mode, reinstall SSL with the TTM 57SL connected and see if it has any affect :)

I did this as well... FAIL
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:19 PM - 14 June, 2011
Try this:

Keep SSL closed

Open your Macintosh HD

Go into the System folder

Open the Library folder

Open the Extensions folder

Locate and delete the SeratoScratchDriver,kext file

Restart your Mac (back into 32 bit mode)

Reinstall the 2.2.0 version and then retest

Any luck?
Linus 11:29 PM - 14 June, 2011
Quote:
Try this:

Keep SSL closed

Open your Macintosh HD

Go into the System folder

Open the Library folder

Open the Extensions folder

Locate and delete the SeratoScratchDriver,kext file

Restart your Mac (back into 32 bit mode)

Reinstall the 2.2.0 version and then retest

Any luck?

YESSS!!!! This worked! Chad S. just gave me these instructions in my help requests inbox.
Thanks guys!
Rane, Support
Shaun W 11:31 PM - 14 June, 2011
LOL, copied from this thread! Cool, glad that worked man :)
clickclickw00t 3:00 AM - 15 June, 2011
Nice, glad to see issues are getting resolved. 2.3 PLEASEEEEEEE SOOOONNNNN

Doing my first gig with 32bit mode this weekend hopefully I don't come across looking like a complete n00b if it crashes on me
Linus 6:55 AM - 15 June, 2011
Thee BIGGEST thing to remember about this whole procedure is... DO NOT unplug the USB until you have completely closed down serato... otherwise you have to go into your systems/library/extensions folder & delete that SeratoScratchDriver.kext file again & reinstall the newest version of serato ALL WHILE your TTM57sl is plugged in.. oh, & dont forget to hold down them 3 & 2 keys when you restart.. or you might just pull your damn hair out!!!!

So after all this works... dont forget to close serato down before you unplug the USB.. then everything will work just fine!
Now go out there & make them crowds bounce!
MAD_COWBOY 12:16 PM - 15 June, 2011
I found out the hard way on the USB system crash. i moved the external hard drive out of the way and it came up with the "HARDWARE NOT DISCONNECTED SAFELY" my NEW mbp2011 crashed all keys were frozen. what i foun odd though was the Video i had running was still playing. so i held the power button down to shut off the mbp. do i need to go into the system folder and deleate serato and re-installet again?? thanks for you help/comments.
2011 MBP
TTM57
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:26 PM - 15 June, 2011
Quote:
do i need to go into the system folder and deleate serato and re-installet again?? thanks for you help/comments.
2011 MBP
TTM57

No, you shouldn't need to delete or reinstall anything :)
Rane, Support
Chad S. 6:27 PM - 15 June, 2011
Yeah, Linus, yours was a special case. I'm glad we got it up and running though ;)
DreamsTrippy 7:26 PM - 15 June, 2011
Quote:
Nice, glad to see issues are getting resolved. 2.3 PLEASEEEEEEE SOOOONNNNN

Doing my first gig with 32bit mode this weekend hopefully I don't come across looking like a complete n00b if it crashes on me

Word. Luckily mine hasn't crashed during a set, it's always after I try to close Serato when I get that problem. Just be prepared! That's why I still bring actual vinyls with me so I have some go-to mixes if anything goes wrong
MAD_COWBOY 11:09 PM - 15 June, 2011
I have been running Serato Video SL on two 32" LCD's with the TTM57 & New Macbook Pro!! With NO problems or lag in the Video!! 6 hours and still running!!!
clickclickw00t 7:32 PM - 20 June, 2011
A fuse blew midset during a backyard party. Thankyfully the owner was hammered and it took him 10 minutes to reset the fuse. I rebooted and got serato running during this time.

I didn't think it could happen, but it did. FIX PLEASEEEEEEEE
SiRocket 9:47 AM - 22 June, 2011
10.6.8 around the corner hopefully because final cut x is asking to have it installed yet its not public yet???
Panesar 11:13 AM - 22 June, 2011
iv had the same problem, brought a new MBP last week and got the kernel panic issue. i went back to ssl verson 2.1 until 2.3 comes out and its working fine, when in 64bit mode.

running ssl 3 with denon hd4500 midi controller.

wanted to ask when OS lion comes out in july will any of these issues be effected?
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:21 PM - 22 June, 2011
Quote:
i went back to ssl verson 2.1 until 2.3 comes out and its working fine, when in 64bit mode.

This issue happens regardless of what version of SSL your using.
It will be fixed in 2.3 though.

Quote:
wanted to ask when OS lion comes out in july will any of these issues be effected?

Apparently Serato has got a pre release copy of Lion and are currently testing it.
We were told there are some issues so we aren't recommending anyone update to it yet or right when it comes out.
DeeJay Fingers 9:00 PM - 22 June, 2011
Apparently Serato has got a pre release copy of Lion and are currently testing it.
We were told there are some issues so we aren't recommending anyone update to it yet or right when it comes out.

yup its a lil glitchy but no crashes, even mixing videos (3hr set test)...the only thing i need to get used to is the way they reversed the trackpad movement. meaning when you move down the page goes up....
haze324 1:40 AM - 23 June, 2011
I get the kernal panic when i hit close on SSL. I'm using the SL-2 version. Even with the USB plugged in it, it crashes everytime. Can't be good for my computer!

Is there an temp solution for that? I'm on 10.6.7, new MBP 13" i5
Rane, Support
Shaun W 5:22 PM - 23 June, 2011
Quote:
Is there an temp solution for that? I'm on 10.6.7, new MBP 13" i5

Yes, force quit SSL

Use Command+Option+Escape :)
haze324 7:12 PM - 23 June, 2011
Thanks for the quick reply.
Niro 10:02 PM - 23 June, 2011
Seems 10.6.8 fixed the kernal Panic, now for the 64bit and 57 issue.
citi 11:09 PM - 23 June, 2011
Just an FYI - but people on the macrumors.com site are experiencing a lot of issues with the update. I would put my money on the auto update. Make sure you use the combo update for this one.

support.apple.com
Niro 12:25 AM - 24 June, 2011
It's working fine on my mac pro hex and macbook pro quad. Gonna gig with it out tonight, hopefully all goes well. gonna bring a few records in case.
Dax 8:17 AM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
Seems 10.6.8 fixed the kernal Panic, now for the 64bit and 57 issue.

+1
10.6.8 here and no KP,so far so good,now just waiting on the new Beta!!!
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:46 AM - 24 June, 2011
Kernel Panic is gone with this 10.6.8 (SL3 User) Yayyyyyy.

Now lemme see if the Core Drivers will work
dahuhn 12:09 PM - 24 June, 2011
kernel panic-problem also solved with 10.6.8 (macbook pro 15", i7, 64bit, sl3) :-)
DJ Marv the Maverick 3:40 PM - 24 June, 2011
Here is what i found out with my MBP 15" i7 Quadcore 2.0ghz 10.6.8 (Feb 2011 Edition) + Scratch Live 2.2.0 + SL3

1. The Kernel Panic is gone in 64bit with normal use i.e One can unplug without exiting Scratch Live.

2. I installed the Core Audio drivers. Scratch Live didn't recognize it in 64bit (this happened in 10.6.7). I booted into 32bit and SL3 was recognized (just like before with the usual pause before the "blue" light on the SL3 comes on). Worthy of note is that i didn't get the Kernel Panic i used to have with Scratch Live running the Core Drivers in 32bit. Then even when exiting SL prior to disconnecting SL3 i get a KP. Now i can exit and unplug without a KP in 32bit.

I also used the SL3 with VDJ7 & Traktor Pro 2. It worked "OK".

So what's left is for Scratch Live to recognize the SL3 in 64bit using the Core Audio drivers.
Rane, Support
Zach S 5:31 PM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
So what's left is for Scratch Live to recognize the SL3 in 64bit using the Core Audio drivers.

Correct. This is coming in 2.3:)
Tops 5:53 PM - 24 June, 2011
where can we download version 10.6.8?
Tops 5:55 PM - 24 June, 2011
nevermind! i just found the update
DJ Jonasty 7:31 PM - 24 June, 2011
Fixed for me 57 and sl3.
Niro 7:57 PM - 24 June, 2011
I would like to personally thank Zach, Shawn, Raf and Chad. I'm not sure if you guys know this, but they single handedly wrote the coding for the fix in 10.6.8, these guys at rane are on top of their shit.

Love and thanks
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:00 PM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
I would like to personally thank Zach, Shawn, Raf and Chad. I'm not sure if you guys know this, but they single handedly wrote the coding for the fix in 10.6.8, these guys at rane are on top of their shit.

Love and thanks

Thanks Niro! I have to admit, typing with one hand is extremely difficult, especially when writing code ;)
DJ Marv the Maverick 10:31 PM - 24 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Love and thanks

Thanks Niro! I have to admit, typing with one hand is extremely difficult, especially when writing code ;)

Why do u gotta type with one hand..."No Hands" is the way
SiRocket 11:31 PM - 25 June, 2011
<3 thank you <3
clickclickw00t 1:47 PM - 26 June, 2011
Haven't downloaded the update yet because I'm super busy at work but I will get it done ASAP and post results.

I'm also running an SSD with 500 mb/s read and write so Serato runs SUPERFAST and loads very quickly.
I'll post results.
nik39 10:44 AM - 27 June, 2011
Quote:
Is it true that you can't use full 8GB ram in 32-bit mode? THATS WACK? I got 8GB ram so I can actually use The Bridge properly..

Oh well, I waited this long, I can wait another month. This new version better have some amazing features or I'll be selling my 57 and getting an SL4 and DJM-909

Thats incorrect. Even in 32Bit mode you are able to use 8GB in total.

And The Bridge works fine even with 4GB.

On top:
The Kernel Panic issue has been resolved in 10.6.8. On al SL devices.
citi 6:02 PM - 27 June, 2011
It's amazing how a little thing like pulling out the usb chord "ON PURPOSE" could cause me such joy.
Niro 2:32 AM - 28 June, 2011
Alright, I had to do a fresh install of everything and now booting in 32 bit recognizes my 57. Hope all goes well until the 2.3, at least I can let my girlfriend have her 15" i7 back.

Thank you to the guys over at Rane.
simonak 3:28 PM - 28 June, 2011
i just up dated the os, 57 not recognized, deleted the SeratoScratchDriver,kext file, reinstallled while in 32 bit and restarted and alls good-the kp while usb unplugging is gone
DJ Marv the Maverick 4:12 PM - 28 June, 2011
Is the SL 2.3 coming out before Lion OSX?
BUM SQUAD DJZ 8:23 AM - 29 June, 2011
ETA on ssl 2.3?
Dax 9:44 AM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
ETA on ssl 2.3?

beta testing 1st.
Dj-Pyro 12:27 PM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
ETA on ssl 2.3?

beta testing 1st.

Needs to be soon. I can't use 2.2.2 with an sl4 cuz it crashes randomly on my videos.
simonak 4:14 PM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
ETA on ssl 2.3?

beta testing 1st.

eta on beta?
Dax 4:42 PM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ETA on ssl 2.3?

beta testing 1st.

eta on beta?

all i know is some time in July.
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:47 PM - 29 June, 2011
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ETA on ssl 2.3?

beta testing 1st.

eta on beta?

all i know is some time in July.

+1 :)
Dax 1:06 AM - 30 June, 2011
my money is on the 6th as its my birthday :)
DJ_Gonzo 2:14 AM - 4 July, 2011
Ouch! Go figure...

I am sorry all...in the heat of frustration, I didn't do my research to see if there was a thread on this already and posted a thread on the same issue.

Please don't beat me up too bad....
DJ_Gonzo 12:11 PM - 4 July, 2011
Successfully ran a 30 track set through my MBP i7 Quad-Core booted in 32-Bit and SSL v. 2.2.0 without issues. I have no intentions on running this way at any of my events until a fix for 64-Bit is stable.
nik39 2:15 PM - 4 July, 2011
It already runs fine on 64bit.
DJTRANZFORMED 3:26 PM - 4 July, 2011
Quote:
It already runs fine on 64bit.

@nik39 you talking about the ttm57sl is working with the new macbook?
Niro 7:36 PM - 4 July, 2011
Serato runs fine in 64bit, the currently only runs in 32 Bit. The drivers in the 57 won't recognize serato in 64bit.
SiRocket 7:51 PM - 4 July, 2011
@gonzo, is that a britney spears headset mic???
DJ_Gonzo 9:03 PM - 4 July, 2011
SiRocket, yea baby!! I did it again! ;-)

Actually that my headset to run the security for the Oscars After Party at the Beverly Hills Hilton Hotel. The photo was cropped. The original is wih DJ AM in the background spinning for the party.....just months prior to his untimely death. R.I.P.

Yes, the issue I was having is with the TTM 57SL being recognized in 64-bit. Sorry.
Dj Battle Heavywieght 12:07 PM - 5 July, 2011
I am also noticing that every now and then that the software will just stop working on that 32bit bootup. And I have to re-boot. Last night would have been a disaster if it would have not been for the little itunes trick. This problem needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!!!
simonak 5:17 AM - 6 July, 2011
i dont know if its a related issue-but before i could put my laptop to sleep (close it) and open it hours later to a fullish battery-now it just goes straight down
DJ_Gonzo 8:50 AM - 6 July, 2011
DJ Battle, please elaborate on the "little iTunes trick". Would like to know some quick get ms out of a jam methods just in case.

Thanks.
simonak 10:53 AM - 7 July, 2011
2-1 cable from headphone out to aux in,and a track in itunes or finder ready to play ive done the same with my smart phone for change overs-quality/levels not too good but it beats silence:)
DJ_Gonzo 3:57 PM - 7 July, 2011
Ah yes....nice ;-)

Thank you.
Dj Mayhem 12:44 AM - 8 July, 2011
I'm glad my buddy gave me a heads up on this bug. Good lord that could have sucked. Hoping for 2.3 soon, also I hope they are working hard on Lion update. I don't like waiting around for new shiny OS's. :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:21 PM - 8 July, 2011
Quick info drop concerning OSX 10.7 Lion -->> serato.com <<-- Scratch Live does not yet support Mac OS X Lion
clickclickw00t 10:41 PM - 10 July, 2011
Shaun I read that am I'm a little sad. I wanted to get Lion the day it comes out but now I know I have to wait until Serato works with it. That's wack.
DJ Marv the Maverick 11:09 PM - 10 July, 2011
Guess the wait isnt over yet...
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:00 PM - 11 July, 2011
The main problem with new operating system development is the uncertainly of the final product. Software developers have to wait until the final version is packaged and ready for the masses before starting major development. Otherwise, it's like trying to hit a moving target that could suddenly become a non-target, flushing days, weeks, or months of work down the toilet. Sounds crappy eh?

Personally, I never jump on a newly released OS version. New OS releases usually come with bugs and those bugs have the potential of destroying your music library and etc. I always wait until the first or second major update before taking the plunge :)
Culprit 2:57 AM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
Shaun I read that am I'm a little sad. I wanted to get Lion the day it comes out but now I know I have to wait until Serato works with it. That's wack.

i know i have to wait too.. thaz all im ganna say about this one..

i swear some people were really born yesterday.
BUM SQUAD DJZ 5:06 AM - 12 July, 2011
Ok so with all of these issues when is Serato going to have solutions?
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:39 AM - 12 July, 2011
Quote:
The main problem with new operating system development is the uncertainly of the final product. Software developers have to wait until the final version is packaged and ready for the masses before starting major development. Otherwise, it's like trying to hit a moving target that could suddenly become a non-target, flushing days, weeks, or months of work down the toilet. Sounds crappy eh?

Personally, I never jump on a newly released OS version. New OS releases usually come with bugs and those bugs have the potential of destroying your music library and etc. I always wait until the first or second major update before taking the plunge :)

Noted but one thing you should know is that Serato isnt the only program running on people's laptops, so they might need to update for other reasons than Serato. Not every body is a full time DJ with a dedicated Laptop for the sole purpose of DJing. I'm sure a great percentage of Serato users are hobbyist. I might be needing to update to enjoy the new features of the OSX which the current install does not provide.
DreamsTrippy 2:51 PM - 12 July, 2011
Serato's stance on the new OS is pretty clear. They're working on it but there's known bugs so its been advised that Scratch Live users not update right away. Hopefully it'll be a quicker and easier fix than the elusive 64-bit ttm57sl driver. I'm perfectly fine with waiting, I don't see any Lion features that are necessary for....anything ha and I think it's kind of wack that they're charging for it.
lennyndegwa 10:08 PM - 12 July, 2011
The 57sl/64bit issue has been around since late Feb/March? _ hopefully someone has been fired over there :D
Rane, Support
Chad S. 11:50 PM - 12 July, 2011
^^I don't think you have a full understanding of the issue.

The driver that we have always used in the MAC, Apple broke with their update. They did not tell us of the change although, why would they ;)

So we were caught off guard since these computers came out after our last release. No need for firing. If we haven't began to work on a fix, then I might agree with you. Serato has told us and we have confirmed with internal beta testing, that this issue will be resolved in our next update.

Thank you for the patience, we will get this thing out as soon as possible for you.

cheers :)
SiRocket 12:28 AM - 13 July, 2011
serato is a professional program, hobbyists are great and such, but a professional program that runs great on a present operating system (minus the 64bit issue and the past kernel issue)... would be my choice over having cool bells and whistles with lion.... not like photoshop, final cut, logic, ableton, and other programs don't run on snow leopard..... but hobbyists wouldn't use other programs like that, they just use email, surf the web....
citi 12:53 AM - 13 July, 2011
There is nothing in Lion that is a necessity and no company would tell their staff, upgrade to lion or be fired. Most will wait for several OS updates. These are mostly bells and whistlers. The big things came with Snow Leopard. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to upgrade, but I guarantee, ProTools won't be ready to go either, so I will wait. All I "need" is the 64bit kernal.
lennyndegwa 1:55 AM - 13 July, 2011
Quote:
this issue will be resolved in our next update.

can we bait you into some sort of time frame announcement? Even though the .7.8 and the 32 bit workaround are doing fine.
DreamsTrippy 5:56 PM - 16 July, 2011
mid July bump?
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:21 AM - 17 July, 2011
Quote:
mid July bump?

Lol @ ^
djlordjazz 5:20 PM - 17 July, 2011
Here is some CRAZY BS.. bought a new MBP I7 BACK IN MARCH.. and Since i have got the screen of death soooo many times during my video sl performances.. having to reboot. I have blown the Mother Board in my new MBP I7.. WTF... Lucky i purchased that APPLE CARE.. Not saying that it was serato's Problem but just hoping that they realize ITS A MAJOR PROBLEM for us VIDEO JOCKS...
with all that said.. Hope there is a fix for the before i get my NEW MBP back.. next week..
2.3 by the end of JULY... PLEASE.....
simonak 8:51 PM - 17 July, 2011
Quote:
Here is some CRAZY BS.. bought a new MBP I7 BACK IN MARCH.. and Since i have got the screen of death soooo many times during my video sl performances.. having to reboot. I have blown the Mother Board in my new MBP I7.. WTF... Lucky i purchased that APPLE CARE.. Not saying that it was serato's Problem but just hoping that they realize ITS A MAJOR PROBLEM for us VIDEO JOCKS...
with all that said.. Hope there is a fix for the before i get my NEW MBP back.. next week..

interesting, i was running video sl also, i got sepreate screen issues, which led to a replacement screen and then a hard drive, then they both went again,..so they replaced the whole mac-i reckon the machines are new and buggy, cant imagine software damaging the hard ware?!
nik39 6:17 AM - 18 July, 2011
Quote:

Can you guys read?

The Kernel Panic issue has been resolved with the latest 10.6.8 osx built release.
lennyndegwa 9:54 PM - 18 July, 2011
Solved -----> bit.ly Thanks.
clickclickw00t 3:13 PM - 19 July, 2011
winner winner chicken dinner
BUM SQUAD DJZ 7:48 PM - 19 July, 2011
Eta 2.3????
SiRocket 8:14 PM - 19 July, 2011
2.3 is in beta for download now..... the final release will be when people run out of bug reports and serato feels its stable.
SiRocket 8:15 PM - 19 July, 2011
that was @lp
BUM SQUAD DJZ 8:16 PM - 19 July, 2011
what up doggie.
SiRocket 8:18 PM - 19 July, 2011
doing the damn thing! see you sunday at fire p???
BUM SQUAD DJZ 8:26 PM - 19 July, 2011
See you on Sunday..
SiRocket 12:51 AM - 20 July, 2011
YES! :)
DreamsTrippy 2:09 PM - 20 July, 2011
Did a two hour practice set last night with the beta in 64-bit. Throughout all the scratching, beat juggling, cuepoint triggering, recording and blending, I didn't notice a single bug. I'll do some more routines on it tonight but I'd say 2.3 is looking pretty solid so far. Thanks Serato! =D
citi 5:22 PM - 20 July, 2011
Good testing dreams
simonak 11:23 PM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
Did a two hour practice set last night with the beta in 64-bit. Throughout all the scratching, beat juggling, cuepoint triggering, recording and blending, I didn't notice a single bug. I'll do some more routines on it tonight but I'd say 2.3 is looking pretty solid so far. Thanks Serato! =D

so far so good here too:) pretty much
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:38 AM - 21 July, 2011
anyone tried lion yet...
Dax 11:29 AM - 21 July, 2011
Quote:
anyone tried lion yet...

dont update to lion yet or your have trouble with SSL.
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:31 PM - 21 July, 2011
About the OSX Lion update --> serato.com
ced_so_thoed 8:31 PM - 21 July, 2011
ay
I downloaded OS X Lion and just tried Serato.
Well, I only did it for 5 mins but it worked as long as I boot up in 32 bit.
I'll try again without booting in 32 bit and I'll also will see how long I can dj for.
yep
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:07 PM - 21 July, 2011
Try relocating lost files ;-)
ced_so_thoed 9:20 PM - 21 July, 2011
ay
I just did after you posted and no crash in 32 bit mode and I've been doing in 32 bit mode since I posted.
Now I did the relocated files option without my 3tb hard drive hooked up so it did it pretty fast.
I'm gonna hook up the hard drive and try but no crash so far in 32 bit mode.
yep
Rane, Support
Shaun W 9:24 PM - 21 July, 2011
Cool, good to know. One of the posted known issues is 10.7 causing SSL to crash when relocating lost files. Perhaps, this is only occurs while in 64bit mode :)
ced_so_thoed 9:54 PM - 21 July, 2011
ay
So far so good.
I'm relocating files on the 3tb and doing at the same time and no problems.
yep
Rane, Support
Shaun W 10:43 PM - 21 July, 2011
Sweet! Thanks for testing!
ced_so_thoed 12:47 AM - 22 July, 2011
ay
all is well in 32 bit
yep
SiRocket 7:51 PM - 22 July, 2011
i can vouch on the 32bit also!
DJTRANZFORMED 3:22 AM - 30 July, 2011
I hope the new 2.3 will have the same option as the itch >>Night and Day color schemes for easy visibility under any conditions. Will scratchlive have this??
BUM SQUAD DJZ 3:37 AM - 30 July, 2011
So many issues & no resolution in site. !!
DeeJay Fingers 7:23 AM - 30 July, 2011
Quote:
I hope the new 2.3 will have the same option as the itch >>Night and Day color schemes for easy visibility under any conditions. Will scratchlive have this??

nope....
SiRocket 7:36 AM - 30 July, 2011
now if we could just get a "loop list" with "tag names"... that would kick ass! i hate have 2+ loops saved in SL.

Oh well the cue point tags make me happy :)
SiRocket 7:42 AM - 30 July, 2011
having*
Culprit 6:59 PM - 31 July, 2011
Quote:
now if we could just get a "loop list" with "tag names"... that would kick ass! i hate have 2+ loops saved in SL.

Oh well the cue point tags make me happy :)
Rane, Support
Shaun W 4:58 PM - 1 August, 2011
Quote:

Both OSX and Windows 7 have this "white on black" type feature built into the operating system :)
jahson 5:30 PM - 2 August, 2011
any update on when 64 bit drivers for the ttm57 will be available? it's been a few months already.....
Rane, Support
Zach S 6:30 PM - 2 August, 2011
jahson,

Are you talking about the 64bit ASIO drivers or are you talking about the updated driver that will allow a 57 to be seen in a 64bit Mac environment?

The 64bit Mac issue has been fixed in 2.3 which you can download the beta of here --> serato.com
The 64bit ASIO drivers are also available in the 2.3 Public Beta section.
DJTRANZFORMED 5:35 PM - 3 August, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Both OSX and Windows 7 have this "white on black" type feature built into the operating system :)

How can i access that feature?
Rane, Support
Shaun W 6:12 PM - 3 August, 2011
On Mac the White on Black option can be found within the Universal Access options of your System Preferences. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl Alt Command 8

To invert colors using Windows 7:

Turn on Windows Magnifier using keyboard shortcut Windows key and +

Once magnifier is on, use keyboard shortcut Control Alt i

:)
DJ GOODIE 2:57 AM - 4 August, 2011
Come on now all these problems would probably be sorted allot faster if you didn't have too many things going on ...like for e.g. having 2 programs....like Itch & Scratch live....maybe make one program which dose it all not 2 different ones ;)
citi 8:34 PM - 4 August, 2011
So...in your eyes, they are not allowed to expand to different things? You do realize Serato makes a LOT of different programs, some of which are not related to live DJing? The one that put them on the map is made for recording software like protools. Keep it in perspective. One more thing...

Itch 2.0 may be available, but it's still only approved for 10.6 NOT 10.7.

Support for all current OS

Mac OS X 10.6 / 10.5 / 10.4.11
Windows 7 / Vista / XP 32-bit
Windows 7 / Vista 64-bit
DJ GOODIE 9:58 PM - 4 August, 2011
yes i do realize serato make allot of different programs.... im an audio engineer and musician ..not just a Dj ..lol
Traktor don't feel the need to make 2 Dj programs ...... keep it related and don't get all narky and defensive ...like everyone dose on here ....it's called constructive criticism.. just saying i would like everything both programs can do in one program ...makes my life better when i don't have to buy a controller that has to be used in a different set up and the buy a second computer ...after all i still have the best mixer in the world !!! a TTM57SL ;) ....and i would like some new effort put into it not like the world dose and make everything obsolete after a good run ...e.g. 1200 TURNTABLES ...thx technics .....u bastards :( they need to make a miniature version of technics 1200 and would be the best 4 deck setup with RANE's new 68 ;) that would be awesome !!! ...not all this i need a new controller i need some great new turntables :) :|]
j-kut 7:31 PM - 5 August, 2011
@DJ GOODIE:

No offense but have you ever used traktor?
There´s a good reason to keep the dvs and midi-stuff sperate imho.

And hell yeah, the 57 is the best 2channel-mixer out there, I´m even about to sell my iCore notebook for a high-end C2D.

My 2 cents + Bump.
DJ GOODIE 12:15 AM - 6 August, 2011
@j-kut
yeh man used traktor before .... it's not bad :|
Serato is definitely my preference ;) Just wanting something awesome to add to my TTM57sl abilities but this ant the place to talk about it.....anyways
Using the beta 2.3 and seems to have fixed my issues for now ran it for many hrs the other day and gigging tonight so hopefully no problems should arise.
Dj Nyce 5:46 PM - 8 August, 2011
Using Lion and ssl 2.3 since release no problem.
anthracite98 5:40 AM - 9 August, 2011
in 32 bit or 64?
Dj Sam French 6:37 AM - 14 October, 2011
Bought a new macbook pro 15" one month ago. I am a professional DJ....two weeks ago, I opened for AKON in Dominican Republic in front of 10,000 people and my computer froze. Nothing I could do would help. Last week, the same think happened at the club I was working. Don't know what to do.....and I am ready to sue Apple big time.....I am losing gigs.
Apple refuses to help.....I guess I will just have to file a class action on behalf of all DJ's.....then, they will help me!
SiRocket 6:00 PM - 14 October, 2011
you gotta be kidding me on the apple lawsuit.... its a software problem lol
citi 4:47 AM - 17 October, 2011
What were you doing when it froze, what peripherals? There's a lot of things that could cause it. I'm a professional and it has froze on me twice in 4 years
DJ P-Funk 1:04 PM - 17 October, 2011
OK, I don't work for Apple, nor Rane but they make clear disclaimers about their products. SO, I'll answer for em.... You're a "professional DJ" & dont carry backup shit when you're playing for 10,000 people??!! ANY NUMBER of things coulda also happened, like liquid spilling injto your equipment (for example) & you'd have no backup. So what would you do then? Sue Evian?? #Getdafukoutahere
anthracite98 11:13 PM - 18 October, 2011
Quote:
So what would you do then? Sue Evian?? #Getdafukoutahere

lmfao!!