DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Discussion split from '64 Macbook Pro Quad-Core, Serato Update'

turning 4:35 PM - 24 May, 2011
booting up in 32 bit mode, my mac totally crashes and have to force restart every time i try and shut down serato (am not un/plugging the usb whilst serato is on!).. I cant save anything in serato unless i do it without the hardware plugged in, which is really annoying & I don't want to force restart my comp every time I load up serato !

am using 15" feb 2011 mac/ 2ghz i7 /latest os update & its Darwin 10.7.3... TTM57sl

anything else I can do? this is preventing me from getting lots of work done!

please!!

thanks
JFB
Rane, Support
Zach S 4:37 PM - 24 May, 2011
Hey JFB,

I created your own thread for your issue.
It sounds like your suffering from a corrupt databaseV2 file.

1. Completely shut down SSL.
2. Open your Macintosh HD drive.
3. Click on your 'Music' folder (you might need to click on the house icon to see your music folder).
4. Open the '_Serato_' folder.
5. Rename the 'databaseV2' file to something other than its original name. I usually rename it 'corruptdatabaseV2'.

If your using an external drive open the _Serato_ folder on your external and rename the databaseV2 file in there as well.

6. Re-open SSL.

If done correctly you will see your tags getting re-written at the bottom of the page.

Note: Rebuilding the databaseV2 file will revert all of the 'date added' dates to today's date and will delete any files out of SSL that aren't currently in a crate or playlist.

I don't believe your computer needs to be booted up in 32 bit mode (as its not the latest model) unless your not able to see the 57 when on the 64bit side. You will still experience a Kernel Panic if you unplug or turn off your mixer prior to shutting down SSL since your running the 10.7.3 Darwin Kernel.
turning 9:32 PM - 24 May, 2011
Hey man,

Thank you so much!!! re named the file and it works!!! :)

I got the mac in april/may sry said feb.. but yeah I boot in 32 mode and its all good

thanks man

J
Rane, Support
Zach S 9:59 PM - 24 May, 2011
Cool! Happy to hear that worked:)
Ya.. just boot that mother up in 32bit for now.
I got a new Mac and have had to deal with the same thing.
It will get sorted soon:)