Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

SSL Freezing on Startup

Product
Scratch Live
Version
-
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
-
OS
Platform
-
ski 2:06 AM - 14 August, 2004
I'm using SSL on my powerbook g4 1.25 ghz.

A few times when I've started the program, it would just freeze. It doesn't give me that screen where it says in multiple languages to restart the computer, it just freezes. I can't move the trackpad or quit the program. I've been trying to figure out what makes this happen so I've been experimenting a little. So I've been booting up the SSL, then quitting and trying different things. Maybe I figured it out. I noticed it usually happens on the second time I turn on the program WITH the usb cable left plugged in.

Can anyone try this out & confirm if this happens to them also?

1. Open SSL with or without hardware connected by USB (I've noticed this doesn't matter for me).

2. Exit the program and leave hardware still connected by usb.

3. Open SSL again and this is where it will freeze on me.

Time between instances of SSL & whether or not you unplug the cable might affect it, because it does not crash on me when:

After exiting the program, I unplug the usb cable & wait a few minutes, then open SSL. Then I wait for all my library and crates to load. Then I finally plug in the amp.

I am using OS 10.3.5, SSL 1107 w/9v power adapter. Also oddly enough, this might not be considered a crash because no panic log has been generated. Hopefully, I've been thorough enough to find out if this is an actual bug or not.
ski 2:09 AM - 14 August, 2004
oh just happened again but this time that screen with the multiple languages popped up & it generated a panic log. I will send this panic log to support@serato.com
skutch 3:29 PM - 15 August, 2004
go to your mac dealer and have them check your memory---the kernel panic could be related to a faulty ram action.