Lol Cerla ^^

I think it will be:
.. - -.-. ....
(= ITCH)
or
... . .-. .- - ---
(= SERATO)
or
.. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .- -. -. .- / ..-. .. -. -.. / - .... . / . .- ... - . .-. / . --. --. / - .... . -. / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... / ... . -. - . -. -.-. . / .. -. / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .
(= If you wanna find the easter egg then translate this sentence in morse code)
soundbiter 9:05 AM - 21 April, 2011
Best part is how the SeratoHQ admin handles users by patronizing them in the comments section of that status. Ridiculously unprofessional.
djcerla 9:13 AM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Best part is how the SeratoHQ admin handles assholes by patronizing them in the comments section of that status

corrected for you :)
soundbiter 9:16 AM - 21 April, 2011
Are you fanboys getting paid to defend Serato or what?

Oh wait, you're demoing early release products. Get off your high horse.
djcerla 9:18 AM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:

Oh wait, you're demoing early release products. Get off your high horse.

what's wrong with you? have I offended you? calm down
Kmxorbit 9:22 AM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:

personally, I am a true die hard fanboy. It(ch) does exactly what I bought it for but does it better then I ever could imagine myself.
I'll repeat, extra features in 2.0 for me personally is only a bonus. I wouldn't even mind that 2.0 comes out in 2085... I'm a very happy customer.
Kmxorbit 9:23 AM - 21 April, 2011
maybe the morse code will be:
... --- .-. .-. -.-- / .-- . / -.- . .--. - / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .- .. - .. -. --.
(= sorry we kept you waiting)

:-DDD
marcA 9:34 AM - 21 April, 2011
LOL!
JBoogz 2:53 PM - 21 April, 2011
.. / -... . - / -.-- --- ..- / .- .-. . / .. - -.-. .... .. -. --. / - --- / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... .- - / - .... .. ... / .. ...
JBoogz 2:54 PM - 21 April, 2011
Can someone post the serato FB morse code message here? I don't have access to FB from work.
JBoogz 3:05 PM - 21 April, 2011
Nevermind, saw the post....damn
DJdaveZ 4:31 PM - 21 April, 2011
i love how they talk shit on facebook.... i personally dont think facebook should be for promoting businesses in a serious way... i think it should be like any other interpersonal communications like a chat on the phone or in public... you see peoples real names and pictures, so its not like you can hide behind forum ID's...

bottom line, on here, it is their company forum. professionalism is key. on facebook its a serato FAN page........ if you dont like it, then who cares if they talk shit.
haze324 4:59 PM - 21 April, 2011
^ social media and networking sites are the new medium for promoting, markering and branding. It's a direct reflection of the company. It's the companies "personality". It speeks volumes about them in the public eye.

I think it's rather sad that while an huge amount of this forum is asking for a Beta release after a long wait --- they are gloating about an "Easter Egg" in the new software. If they have time to implement Easter Eggs, they should have the time to produce and stable enough product for Beta. They should not gloat about it and then reply with sarcasm to their users.

And as of Note: Brock Larson one of the guys being chastised - is the same guy that put together an EXCLUSE ITCH DJ event during WMC in Miami. Much more than Serato did for Itch that week.
djcerla 5:06 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
one of the guys being chastised

chastised?

I've been BANNED from the reFX SUPPORT forum for posting that their delivery system was bad (1 and a half months waiting for a DVD shipped from Canada! while they had download systems in place). That's "chastising".

the guy behaved just like an asshole and deserved an asshole treatment, thumbs up to Serato.

Quote:
the same guy that put together an EXCLUSE ITCH DJ event during WMC in Miami. Much more than Serato did for Itch that week.

he did something for Serato like switching to Traktor. Nice one! :D
DjCarrero 5:06 PM - 21 April, 2011
This is the way I feel about Itch today....

I feel like I purchase The NS7= BMW BODY,,,,

WIth a ITCH= Chevy engine....

Newmark has It...

Itch lacks it...
djcerla 5:10 PM - 21 April, 2011
@ Carrero

it's exactly the opposite, as no other software can manage the massive amount of data produced by those nice NS7 platters. ITCH engine is a Ferrari compared to Traktor's.
Rob Pointer 5:14 PM - 21 April, 2011
Brock switched to traktor?
YESWEDJ.COM 5:26 PM - 21 April, 2011
I think itch is Ferrari type Engine from 1920.... It does what it was meant to do move the body of the vehicle but it is outdated and old as hell....

So I am going to end up agreeing with you DJcerla... Serato most be drawing some of you guys some nice salary to become fans....
haze324 5:33 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Brock switched to traktor?

Yeah man. That's what he posted in the Serato page.

So he put together an Itch even for WMC two months ago, invited guys from the forum, made it soley for Itch users and then gets chastized and called an asshole for commenting that Itch 2.0 has taken a long time.

And now he's traitor too. Man. Talk about all the reasons why people switch and Itch is not marketed properly.

You know he was one of the Itch good guys. Perhaps Serato should have found ways to support him rather than make a smirk comment back.
djcerla 6:04 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
I think itch is Ferrari type Engine from 1920.... It does what it was meant to do move the body of the vehicle but it is outdated and old as hell....

So I am going to end up agreeing with you DJcerla... Serato most be drawing some of you guys some nice salary to become fans....

That's your opinion. But you'll hardly see me on Traktor or VDJ forums bashing ther products (and there's a lot to bash), because it would be silly, a total waste of time.
DjCarrero 6:24 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
@ Carrero
it's exactly the opposite, as no other software can manage the massive amount of data produced by those nice NS7 platters. ITCH engine is a Ferrari compared to Traktor's.

Quote @ DJcerla,

Agree: the problem Cerla is that I am not a Tracktor or VDJ user... I only use ITCH... I am not bashing Itch... As a Serato User and big time money spender cause trust me when I tell you that I have bought preety much any ITch related product out there including : V7, NS7, VCI300, FX controllers, and so on....

So it does not hurt to state the facts... ITCH is still very outdated.... my NS7 is great....

IF you want me to be honest with you... I am not even upset at ITCH being so outdated as I am to the ITCH team for setting false expectation when they announced ITCH being released Two Years, One Year, and ^ months ago and it is yet to be released.

I think the ITCH team made their fans mad themself when they publicly announce false dates on the release and so on...

I would have been happy with my ITCH 1.7 beside the lack of innovation in it if I knew from day one I was going to have to wait this long to update the GASS pedal on the software...

I have been a ITCH defender from day one... I am just mad with the lack of businessmanship and Lack of Interest on their fans....
AT^ 6:27 PM - 21 April, 2011
less work on easter eggs, and more work on a beta for us to use.

IMHO, Screw easter eggs, give me functionality!

facebook is a pool of shit anyways.
lobboclub 6:30 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:

And as of Note: Brock Larson one of the guys being chastised - is the same guy that put together an EXCLUSE ITCH DJ event during WMC in Miami. Much more than Serato did for Itch that week.

+1...Word.
djcerla 6:33 PM - 21 April, 2011
Superfilter Easter Egg gave functionality, right? What's this rage against an Easter Egg? Also, this clearly hints at the fact that 2.0 is finished, so good news, the sun is shining, in Italy we have 25 degrees and life is beautiful. Also, Im going to eat an Easter Pizza with Easter Tuscan wine! ^_^
zaguama 7:25 PM - 21 April, 2011
that easter egg better cause my screen to have a pop out window showing video playing on it!
soundbiter 8:35 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:

Excellent point. Keep trying to defend the indefensible fanboys...unbelievable. Loyal users being trashed by the company they purchased products from...
djcerla 9:25 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Excellent point. Keep trying to defend the indefensible fanboys...unbelievable. Loyal users being trashed by the company they purchased products from...

How is "loyal" a user that just switched? Explain, your logic is very interesting.
hologram 9:48 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
that easter egg better cause my screen to have a pop out window showing video playing on it!

+1000
haze324 9:51 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:

How is "loyal" a user that just switched? Explain, your logic is very interesting.

I think him switching is more of a reflection of the company than a reflection of him.

But I do agree with you though. An easter egg "should" mean they are close to a beta and want this tested out during the beta phase. So we'll see.
djcerla 9:52 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

+1000

This could well be. Video-SL is a plugin and 2.0 has a modular structure capable to host it... It could be introduced in stealth mode then made official. We'll find out soon.
deepknightrider 11:32 PM - 21 April, 2011
I KNOW this is out of topic but..i have NS7...do you need have certain type of setting for scratch to sound good? please help!!!
djcerla 11:41 PM - 21 April, 2011
Quote:
I KNOW this is out of topic but..i have NS7...do you need have certain type of setting for scratch to sound good? please help!!!

Hi, just open a new topic with this! You'll find help
deepknightrider 11:43 PM - 21 April, 2011
ok..Thanks DjCerla
Dan Vergel De Dios 1:43 AM - 22 April, 2011
ei just like to know how to change the color of GUI of itch,,i have been using itch for years then im tired of its red and silver color interface,,,,
MusicDan 1:45 AM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:

This could well be. Video-SL is a plugin and 2.0 has a modular structure capable to host it... It could be introduced in stealth mode then made official. We'll find out soon.

Doesn't VSL cost money? $199 if I'm not mistaken, SSL users pay for that, do you really think we are getting it as an Easter Egg?

Quote:
ei just like to know how to change the color of GUI of itch,,i have been using itch for years then im tired of its red and silver color interface,,,,

You have to wait for 2.0, the Gui will have totally different look, and will be somewhat customizable.
Dan Vergel De Dios 2:01 AM - 22 April, 2011
till when sir????? dec 2012 is coming!!!!!!!ughh
zaguama 2:07 AM - 22 April, 2011
Video-SL has a demo fyi. They could very well include a Demo as an easter egg to wet your panties.
kraal 2:45 AM - 22 April, 2011
quick question --- does anyone remember what was announced in the original 2.0 announcement?
blackavenger 6:40 AM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:
Best part is how the SeratoHQ admin handles users by patronizing them in the comments section of that status. Ridiculously unprofessional.

But still, it was funny........"cool story, Brock"

Hahahaha, I've always loved that come back!
marcA 6:54 AM - 22 April, 2011
more importantly, how to activate this new easter egg?
someone discovered the right morse code already?
lol

as for the software: as being a software builder myself i can only applaud that serato doesn't release just to please the crowd, and i'm pretty sure we will like what we are about to see :)
DJ Xio 7:22 AM - 22 April, 2011
Introducing Video for ITCH 2.0 would be a much welcomed surprise that would shut a lot of itch naysayers and doubters...

I for one, feel Video and some better effects will put ITCH 2.0 up to par with Traktor Pro 2 and surpass it due to Video.

At the time, the only reliable way of Mixing Video is through SL.

Virtual DJ and NI has no interest for Video.

Great way of gaining an edge of the much coveted Traktor Pro 2.
DJ Xio 7:25 AM - 22 April, 2011
Oops.

Meant
Virtual DJ is a joke and NI has no interest for Video.

Great way of gaining an edge on the much coveted Traktor Pro 2.

LOL... It's 3:30 AM. OFF TO SLEEP :P
nik39 4:20 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:

Who was patronizing Brock? I don't see anything wrong with the comments from the Serato HQ on the FB page. Can you please elaborate?
Rob Pointer 5:22 PM - 22 April, 2011
yeah, I read it finally too. It seemed like a quip meant in jest (if only because he mentioned that he migrated to TSP on their page).

I like Brock - good guy. I suppose that the person writing the comment didn't know about his efforts in Miami either hence the quip.
Dan Vergel De Dios 5:52 PM - 22 April, 2011
if that so why 2.0 isnt release yet?????????????why giving us hardtime....(mores code blah blah)
Dan Vergel De Dios 5:56 PM - 22 April, 2011
why dnt just post it here in the site for every body can easily download it!,i think this could only one way of serato to giveback in return the support of its many avid follower(INCLUDING ME..)hope to try the new itch 2.0 as soon as possible......
Rob Pointer 6:17 PM - 22 April, 2011
well, you can't release a beta until it is actually a beta.

Hence, it isn't in beta form yet to distribute.

I was going through my head possible release scenarios for when they might be able to release the beta to support a final release date of Q3 of this year.

Kinda makes sense to start the Beta somewhere around end of May time frame, which gives a solid 3 month time frame to work through all possible issues to get it to final release candidate. That could be around August-ish time frame - with September being the worst case scenario if they had more critical bugs to squash that they haven't been able to account for in the limited "alpha" release they have now.

That's my guess. They've shown a video of it and have announced a release date - which makes me think that despite the past announcements, this release schedule is imminent and real.

So, use what you have. Be happy. Then be happier when 2.0 beta is released. No worries IMO.
Maskrider 6:59 PM - 22 April, 2011
If they are done with the easter egg,the beta is almost ready. You'll never know it might come early as expected.
MusicDan 7:42 PM - 22 April, 2011
Quote:

What did they write that was so patronizing??? Maybe I missed something, did they erase the patronizing comments???
Dan Vergel De Dios 8:31 PM - 22 April, 2011
cant wait to try the interface of 2.0,for now ill just continue to scratch my balls till it become red=)
Coneman Sid 1:01 AM - 23 April, 2011
Quote:
cant wait to try the interface of 2.0,for now ill just continue to scratch my balls till it become red=)

What you better at BALLS or VINYL ?
Dan Vergel De Dios 2:03 AM - 23 April, 2011
what you better? i feel better when i scratch both....really love my ns7!itch trigger me to scratch harder!!!!!ahhhhhhhhhhhhowwhhhhhhhh=)
blackavenger 9:08 AM - 23 April, 2011
Quote:
Quote:

Who was patronizing Brock? I don't see anything wrong with the comments from the Serato HQ on the FB page. Can you please elaborate?

Hahaha.......... community.allhiphop.com!
MusicDan 8:07 PM - 23 April, 2011
I read "Cool story Brock!".

Again, am I missing something???
kraal 8:23 PM - 23 April, 2011
No you are not missing anything. Par for the course around here lately make a bigger deal about post than really nesesary
MusicDan 8:29 PM - 23 April, 2011
You're right...
blackavenger 8:30 PM - 23 April, 2011
Quote:
No you are not missing anything. Par for the course around here lately make a bigger deal about post than really nesesary

SeratoHQ was "clearly" making a smartass comment to Broc's criticizm of ITCH2.0

It was funny....that's all.
CALL_DOM 1:51 AM - 19 July, 2011
whos found it then??

i totally have, but if someone else wants to share then go ahead...*cough* *cough*
kraal 2:16 AM - 19 July, 2011
i'm not sharing :)
Mass Flava 2:37 AM - 19 July, 2011
Does any one know if their is a short cut for SP-6 to change banks in Itch or SSL???
haze324 3:38 AM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
i'm not sharing :)
thebulge 3:48 AM - 19 July, 2011
Holding out on us. You're all cold hearted bastards :)
djcerla 3:51 AM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
Holding out on us. You're all cold hearted bastards :)

there are enough hints here serato.com to discover it by yourself!
thebulge 4:02 AM - 19 July, 2011
I will be tapping in WALRUS TIDAL WAVE all night. :)
sl1pm4t 4:33 AM - 19 July, 2011
Yeah I got it.. w00t.. only problem is that I'm at work and don't have my NS7 handy to try it out.
thebulge 4:36 AM - 19 July, 2011
So it is WALRUS TIDAL WAVE then? :)
sl1pm4t 4:54 AM - 19 July, 2011
not really. check out the image names.
Dj Ace 5:31 AM - 19 July, 2011
lionkingcliff
sl1pm4t 5:32 AM - 19 July, 2011
warmer...and check out cerla's first post...
thebulge 5:44 AM - 19 July, 2011
kingwave
sl1pm4t 6:14 AM - 19 July, 2011
getting there.. with that in mind, i'd forget about the pictures for now and just start clicking around in itch.

this is probably all you need to know:

Quote:

Unlocking the easter is no joke. You have to press a three key combo (common keys, like control + alt + delete), THEN you have to tap in morse code a word, somewhere specific on the screen.
kraal 6:46 AM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
kingwave

Quote:
Unlocking the easter is no joke. You have to press a three key combo (common keys, like control + alt + delete), THEN you have to tap in morse code a word, somewhere specific on the screen.

add a space somewhere in the first quote and you have your answer to all
PapiC 11:04 AM - 19 July, 2011
Quote:
@ Carrero

And I definitely like Ferrari ;O)))
Dj Ace 4:12 AM - 20 July, 2011
dot!!!
Dj Ace 4:13 AM - 20 July, 2011
and still cant do it...LOL
kraal 4:35 AM - 20 July, 2011
Quote:
and still cant do it...LOL

mess up a few times ... the words dot and dash will show you the timing for it to register if it is a dot or dash
Dj Ace 4:41 AM - 20 July, 2011
do i press "." and "-"?
Dj Ace 4:41 AM - 20 July, 2011
while still holding the three keys?
westell54 5:14 AM - 20 July, 2011
The funny thing is, even if you just tell everyone, it's still gonna be a challenge to type the correct word in while holding down the 3 keys on the left (not "function" or "cmd").
marcA 6:17 AM - 20 July, 2011
no click with mouse, no typing of words
wadup 6:28 AM - 20 July, 2011
MarcA after pressing dash or dot don't you have to click with the mouse on the king area?
marcA 6:34 AM - 20 July, 2011
say again?
king area?
and no pressing on dot or dash, you need to click with the mouse to emulate the morse code
check the thread started by djCerla
Dj Ace 6:35 AM - 20 July, 2011
thanks marc finally got it... AT wadup just click on the wave without letting go of the 3 keys and use the key dj cerla posted above...sweet feature. Thanks Serato team!
zaguama 6:45 AM - 20 July, 2011
you should follow the other thread, has better hints :P
DJ Oasys 9:24 PM - 6 August, 2011
Finally got it...

Hold Shift Control Alt

Dash Dot Dash =K
Dot Dot =I
Dash Dot =N
Dash Dash Dot =G

Hold dash fo ~1/2 sec
BadBoyChubs 1:55 AM - 7 August, 2011
Quote:
Finally got it...

Hold Shift Control Alt

Dash Dot Dash =K
Dot Dot =I
Dash Dot =N
Dash Dash Dot =G

Hold dash fo ~1/2 sec

congrats, i can do it with my eyes close, it become a habit
signs 1:26 PM - 6 October, 2011
WOOHOO. Got it. It's really simple if you know how to do it^^
What do you think, should I upload the Video I have taken a few minutes ago?
signs 2:59 PM - 6 October, 2011
haha ok. Yea your Video is grat but doesn't help much ;)
signs 3:16 PM - 6 October, 2011
Check it out:

Watchwww.youtube.com
Maskrider 4:32 PM - 6 October, 2011
Is there a chance of this getting a full feature?
mr187 6:09 PM - 6 September, 2012
Quote:
@ Carrero

Your version of tracktor must be either bootleg or a knockoff.
itch don't have nothing on tracktor now SSL on the other hand is what u should have ITCH.
IJS